Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Jaegar wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    20ish shards a day is roughly 7 energy refreshes bought each day:
    16 X 3 X 20 = 960 energy. you get 165 bonus energy/ regular tick energy each day so that's 795 energy that would need to be bought to get ~20 shards a day or 6.625 refreshes worth of energy.

Now like I said earlier, it is more efficient to buy cantina up until the 7th. so to average 20 a day the ideal scenario would be something like 6 refreshes every day and a 4 shard shipment purchase every other... which averages out to 1060 crystals spent every day as well (900 one day 1220 the other). 1060 X 29 = 30740 crystals to 7 star them both by the 22nd of December.

Now there's still double drops to consider that could eliminate a few purchases but I don't feel like going into that atm.

I see what you're saying but you've got the crystal amount a bit wrong there, 6 refreshes = 1100 crystals as it goes 100+100+100+200+200+400 (I did that yesterday) I stopped there but the 7th refresh is another 400 for anyone curious.

What I ended up doing yesterday was 5 refreshes which got me 14 shards so the decision then was to either buy another refresh at 400 (120 energy) which based on odds "should" have gotten me 2 more shards out of 7 runs (it's still 2 if you wanna round it up to 8 runs)

I decided to dig a bit deeper and buy 8 shards for 640 crystals to take me to 22.

Think I'll just keep approaching it like that and keep track of how many shards I'm getting. Bound to hit the odd day with atrocious luck and get very few shards from the Cantina energy - should even out, I think it did for me when I farmed Old Ben for CLS, first few days were really, REALLY bad on him! Was doing 3 refreshes a day and getting less shards than a mate only doing 1 refresh a day.

RNG innit

Took the plunge today and bought £150 of Google Play vouchers for the bonuses and spent the money on 25% more crystals from both £99.99 IAP & £48.99 IAP - sitting on 38.8k crystals which should be enough to get em both to 7* especially considering the amount of crystals I get a day from Arena & Fleet

If we need Falcon I'll be big time screwed :)

Falcon was made f2p and then just went to shipments same time the Vetren brothers went f2p. If I were one to take hints based on speculation I would assume it's required just as much Id assume the Vetren brothers are required. If I was going to drop 30k crystals on the game to be ready for something, I'd make **** sure I was ready.
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Dons wrote: »
    icanectc wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    Read the post people. We were told what we’ll need to participate. EA even used the exact words:

“To participate, players will need the scavenger version of Rey, currently available in the game. You can look forward to playing as Rey (Scavenger) in her Hero's Journey event, in support of the worldwide theatrical release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi this December.”

Its funny to see so many of you go through weeks of useless stressing, speculating & panic farming because you didn’t read what EA wrote. They told us exactly what we needed for the CLS when they announced it, & they just did the same for the Rey event.

Anyway...good luck to everyone for the upcoming event!! May the Schwartz be with you!!!

Wait, you actually believe we'll get a CLS-level Rey with only one character? ROFL

Its cute you think Rey will be CLS level. ROFL!

Once again people dont read what was written. “ROFL”

What I said was that EA told us exactly what we would need for the CLS event when they announced the event. When they announced the Rey event they also told us what we’ll need. Nowhere in my post did I say anything about which level Rey I think we would be awarded.

When they first announced Luke's Hero's Journey, they ONLY stated the need for Luke.

and it was true. The first part of Luke's Hero's Journey required only Luke (the flash events),

I've seen people argue about the flash events not actually being part of that journey, but they are just flat out wrong. When the Flash events first appeared they were listed in the event calendar under... Luke's Hero's Journey.

The Devs are the ones who said it was part of the Journey and they did so before it even came out. There's no debate over this point. Anyone who argues against it is doing so out of ignorance.

Now when the SECOND segment of Luke's Hero's Journey came around they gave us a hint who else was needed roughly a month ahead of time, and flat out told us about 2-3 weeks ahead of time.

In other words, your comparison is inadequate and built upon faulty logic, as is the stance put forth by those who try and call the flash events not part of Luke's Hero's Journey.

That is actually a good and valid point. Luke's journey was more than one part. It would be a wise move to space it out and give ftp a legit shot at farming the vets. Especially with all the heat coming down on ea for microtransactions/gambling model.

But they didnt. Look at the original post about the event. The flash event was called trouble on Tatooine and ran in May and again during the ACTUAL event. Luke's heroes journey is just the the 7tier event that needed 5 7* characters. You could have skipped the flash events completely and still got luke. It was to support the event just like the Phoenix flash events.

NEW! Trouble on Tatooine Flash Event
    May sees the introduction of a new type of event- Flash Events! Unlike other events, Flash Events only last one to four hours in each instance and repeat several times a day, so be sure to catch them when they launch! Flash Events difficulty and rewards are based off your account level. All initial runs of a Flash Event have more generous rewards, so be sure to participate early and often!
    Our first Flash Event Begins MAY 25th and takes you to the harsh desert planet of Tatooine. This lawless world holds many dangers and mysteries, especially for moisture farmers. To participate in this multi-tiered event, task Luke Skywalker with inspecting the perimeter of the farm as you join forces with Jawas to square off against marauding Tusken Raiders.

Except they did. What I am referring to is the header it was given in the event listing thread. At the time they still edited it every month so even though it was listed as a part of Luke's heroes journey, it no longer exists for reference unfortunately.

However, it did say that. A Dev said that. Yes it was part of his hero's journey. It's not up for debate. It's a simple fact that either you witnessed and remember or you don't, but it is a fact nonetheless.
  • Options
    Look out for the next Rey release. According to the timeline and the toons already in the game the next Rey will be "Starkiller Rey".

Toons to use for the unlock could be the following:

First Order
    Resistance inclcuding BB8
    Old Han and Old Chewie

This theory is backed by the appearnece of this toon in Lightside 8-B and the announcement of a Hero's Journey for Rey.

This new Rey has a counter attack.
  • Options
    I seriously doubt FO will be Required, they already are for BB-8
  • Options
    They said it will follow the same format as commander Luke. They added the farmboy tag to Luke and then you had to have the original trilogy heros (old ben, han, r2 and Leia). So far they have confirmed and added the scavenger tag to Rey. Following that logic you will need a resistance team to unlock Jedi Rey (r2, Poe dameron, Finn for sure, and possibly veteran han and chewie).
  • Options
    It's Rey, Finn, Veteran Han & Chewy, and finally BB-8. It will NOT be R2 or Poe.
  • Options
    Rey might have expose on her basic and counter attacks.. imagine that..
  • Options
    Are we able to get Rey at 5*? @CG_Kozispoon
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    If vets are needed, I don't think that they only are required 5*, my assumption comes from watching TFA again, maybe 6*
    but it's all speculation
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    If vets are needed, I don't think that they only are required 5*, my assumption comes from watching TFA again, maybe 6*
    but it's all speculation

If its like Luke's all will be needed at 7*
  • Options
    I just hope Rey will be available at 5*. That takes off all the hustle. Vets can be get to 5* rather easily. Well, if you want more, you need to lay the money down...
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Read the post people. We were told what we’ll need to participate. EA even used the exact words:

“To participate, players will need the scavenger version of Rey, currently available in the game. You can look forward to playing as Rey (Scavenger) in her Hero's Journey event, in support of the worldwide theatrical release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi this December.”

Its funny to see so many of you go through weeks of useless stressing, speculating & panic farming because you didn’t read what EA wrote. They told us exactly what we needed for the CLS when they announced it, & they just did the same for the Rey event.

Anyway...good luck to everyone for the upcoming event!! May the Schwartz be with you!!!

Wait, you actually believe we'll get a CLS-level Rey with only one character? ROFL

What I said was that EA told us exactly what we would need for the CLS event when they announced the event. When they announced the Rey event they also told us what we’ll need. Nowhere in my post did I say anything about which level Rey I think we would be awarded.

When they first announced Luke's Hero's Journey, they ONLY stated the need for Luke.

and it was true. The first part of Luke's Hero's Journey required only Luke (the flash events),

I've seen people argue about the flash events not actually being part of that journey, but they are just flat out wrong. When the Flash events first appeared they were listed in the event calendar under... Luke's Hero's Journey.

The Devs are the ones who said it was part of the Journey and they did so before it even came out. There's no debate over this point. Anyone who argues against it is doing so out of ignorance.

Now when the SECOND segment of Luke's Hero's Journey came around they gave us a hint who else was needed roughly a month ahead of time, and flat out told us about 2-3 weeks ahead of time.

In other words, your comparison is inadequate and built upon faulty logic, as is the stance put forth by those who try and call the flash events not part of Luke's Hero's Journey.

That is actually a good and valid point. Luke's journey was more than one part. It would be a wise move to space it out and give ftp a legit shot at farming the vets. Especially with all the heat coming down on ea for microtransactions/gambling model.

Aye. EA/CG has announced that the first TLJ toon "will be released in support of the movie's theatrical release in december". Since they also announced Rey's Hero's Journey people have tied the two together although there is nothing that says they are.

I remember when they were talking about the 2nd fan favorite this summer. Everyone was speculating on it. Then they made that announcement about Fulcrum coming and everyone assumed the two were tied together but they were 2 separate things...

I really think they will end up following mostly the same pattern for Rey's Hero's Journey as they did for CLS. I also think that people are mistaken in their attempts to conjoin the 2 announcements.

So I honestly believe there will be plenty of time to farm the smugglers if they are required. That being said, I am already storing up cantina energy for double drops to get as much of a head start as I can. After all, of the 2 sides in this argument: one is right, one is wrong, and there's no telling which is which.

Kylo unmasked has the Cape from TLJ.... And the new FO pilot is also undoubtedly from TLJ. Yes, please believe that and convince others. EA will make more money of panic buying and fewer of us will get lightsaber Rey.
  • Options
    7 stars will be needed. It will be really hard to farm them in time. There will be lots of panic farming. 2x16 energy competing cantina nodes? Wow!
  • Options
    7 stars will be needed. It will be really hard to farm them in time. There will be lots of panic farming. 2x16 energy competing cantina nodes? Wow!
  • Options
    I don't see how anyone can possibly get Rey the 1st time around without spending hoards of crystals. Te vets just got put into f2p with what looks to be not enough time to get them both 7* on a f2p budget. Also Millennium Falcon EP VII just got put into shard shop and only has one hard node farm. Ive been farming the Falcon since it's release to hard node on barely got it unlocked.

Literally every event in this game is designed to get people to spend hoards of crystals, and it's only intensifying.

I can see the vets being needed, but I don't see a ship being needed since ships have never been needed to unlock a character before. I mean the wallet draining is reaching new heights so it's possible but I hope not.

• Options
    Gotta make up that lost Hawaii and Belgium $$. You don’t have to spend if you don’t bite. It’s a business and this is what they with their shareholders do. I almost would prefer a subscription of $10 a month over the way it is now
  • Options
    I'm sick of all this bet farming! Just tell us what we need for this event!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

But they didnt. Look at the original post about the event. The flash event was called trouble on Tatooine and ran in May and again during the ACTUAL event. Luke's heroes journey is just the the 7tier event that needed 5 7* characters. You could have skipped the flash events completely and still got luke. It was to support the event just like the Phoenix flash events.

NEW! Trouble on Tatooine Flash Event
    May sees the introduction of a new type of event- Flash Events! Unlike other events, Flash Events only last one to four hours in each instance and repeat several times a day, so be sure to catch them when they launch! Flash Events difficulty and rewards are based off your account level. All initial runs of a Flash Event have more generous rewards, so be sure to participate early and often!
    Our first Flash Event Begins MAY 25th and takes you to the harsh desert planet of Tatooine. This lawless world holds many dangers and mysteries, especially for moisture farmers. To participate in this multi-tiered event, task Luke Skywalker with inspecting the perimeter of the farm as you join forces with Jawas to square off against marauding Tusken Raiders.

Except they did. What I am referring to is the header it was given in the event listing thread. At the time they still edited it every month so even though it was listed as a part of Luke's heroes journey, it no longer exists for reference unfortunately.

However, it did say that. A Dev said that. Yes it was part of his hero's journey. It's not up for debate. It's a simple fact that either you witnessed and remember or you don't, but it is a fact nonetheless.

I agree - I remember the flash events for Luke were part of his Hero Journey - they were more of a prelude to the actual event but nonetheless noted as part of his Hero event.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    As for Vets - I rarely do this but treated myself to some crystals - it is the game anniversary after all and it is a good game.

Anyway I already had over 1000 crystals saved. My purchase put me over 4000 crystals.

I bought energy last night (yesterday just before 12pm) and again this morning. I had loads of energy like over 500 cantina energy.

I split it equally on VS Han and Chewie - only got about 16 shards for each. Enough to get them to 4* but that's about it.

I have about 2000 crystals left - obviously if I spent another 2k of crystals on cantina energy I would likely yield the same results - what is the point? Its just a waste. its better if you have that many crystals to just buy the shards right out of the shop.

None of this lootbox gambling EA nonsense - just get what you pay for.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    If the Rey promotion is still active and you haven't taken advantage of it, do it! You will get a boatload of crystals and the money you spend on the Google Play cards doesn't have to be used on this game - I'm using mine on music. ;)

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I cant - I am in the middle of home renos right before Christmas - $100 is like gold in my bank account right now, lol
  • Options
    I have already slowed down my playing because of the shear amount of time this game consumes. But now seeing that the most op upcoming character in the game (i.e. Jedi Rey) is ONLY going to be available to pay to win players, I am now at the point where this game has completely lost all its fun and competitive fairness toward free to play players who CG are forcing to have to wait to get Rey at a later date.

I salute all of you who will continue to strive for Jedi Rey, but I refuse to give CG any of my money and I will not be a victim of their overpriced schemes. This game is not worth the hassle or the time investment.

Good luck everyone…

P.S. -- Devs you can kiss my ****. I can't wait until Disney revokes your star wars franchise license so we can once again get some star wars games that are actually worth playing.
  • Membrane
    87 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    TBH is the end of force awakens , the end of Rey's hero journey? everyone writing here is saying she done growing into the hero. I don't think she is done growing or her hero journey is done . Rey is not done yet. There is more characters/events that will be involved with her journey , and snoke is part of it, it will be her temptation .

If anything we will get the new Rey at 4 or 5 stars and it will be after the new Star Wars movie comes out , at the earliest would be Christmas time , because it will be spoilers for the movie . We are assuming the developers have inside info of what's occurring in the next installment , I don't think it is a priority for the film makers. They are risking the people at ea to give out spoilers for the movie . I could be wrong , just make sense .

As for han , Veteran han was just a transport for Rey and confirmed a story for her. Chewie being a co pilot .. part of her hero's Journey . Someone remind me what influences did han really have on Rey? Being sincere here. It seems han was a big part of Rey's journey but he really was an impact on our journey , but we transferred our feelings on to Rey . The falcon had more of a impact on Rey's journey then han or chewie .

And I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving
  • Options
    Membrane wrote: »
    TBH is the end of force awakens , the end of Rey's hero journey? everyone writing here is saying she done growing into the hero. I don't think she is done growing or her hero journey is done . Rey is not done yet. There is more characters/events that will be involved with her journey , and snoke is part of it, it will be her temptation .

If anything we will get the new Rey at 4 or 5 stars and it will be after the new Star Wars movie comes out , at the earliest would be Christmas time , because it will be spoilers for the movie . We are assuming the developers have inside info of what's occurring in the next installment , I don't think it is a priority for the film makers. They are risking the people at ea to give out spoilers for the movie . I could be wrong , just make sense .

As for han , Veteran han was just a transport for Rey and confirmed a story for her. Chewie being a co pilot .. part of her hero's Journey . Someone remind me what influences did han really have on Rey? Being sincere here. It seems han was a big part of Rey's journey but he really was an impact on our journey , but we transferred our feelings on to Rey . The falcon had more of a impact on Rey's journey then han or chewie .

What? No, no way dude, Jedi Rey will only be unlocked at 7 stars just like CLS.
  • DBane
    56 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The falcon had more of a impact on Rey's journey then han or chewie .

oh really? highly doubt that tbh. She was just using this vehicle to escape from Jakku and thats mostly it. She didn't change her personality by just riding the falcon.

When she met Han and Chewi in TFA she finally saw that there are people doing their stuff which is different to what she does AND she saw what it means to have friends or even family. The facial expression Rey had when Kylo put his saber through the stommach of his dad just confirms the point.

Her feelings chrushed like a cardhouse. I'm pretty sure Rey would feel the same when the Falcon would explode (Kappa)
  • Options
    NewCaprica wrote: »

What? No, no way dude, Jedi Rey will only be unlocked at 7 stars just like CLS.
    True, then the community will freak. Disney will call ea and everyone will get rey lol.
  • Options
    Hopefully we get some useful news in the next few days. Hopefully that news is we'll be getting a BB8 event no sooner than movie release day and the team needed for the Rey event which hopefully won't include the Falcon. Also hoping the Rey event doesn't take place until January. It's already looking like her requirements compared to CLS means she's going to be a god.
  • Options
    NewCaprica wrote: »
    I'm sick of all this bet farming! Just tell us what we need for this event!

You're asking for far too much.
  • Options

Just like Lukes event covered one movie, so will Reys. Neither one is done, im sure well still get ROTJ Luke and Ep 9 Rey. But that doesn't mean this rey will unlock at 4 or 5 stars.
This discussion has been closed.