DS TB Phase 4 platoons [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    All good guys. We'll be able to do Platoons in 2 years or so.....
  • Options
    Pathetic...
  • Options
    How does this company not have any quality assurance? It's embarrassing
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Same here, people are kittened.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Scorchy
    69 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Needs 1 veers (needed for special mission) and 1 probe droid (wtk), 5 talzins, 3 spirits, 1 zombie, 2 FOSFTFP, 2 Matt the radar technicians.
  • MrPosz
    127 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    NVM
  • Options
    We had riculous platoons too! we'll be lucky to get one or two done across the two and we're at 116m GP.....
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    I do not know whether the number of unfarmable toons is working as intended or not, as there has been no word from the devs on this issue yet. We do know that there is an issue with combat mission toons being required in platoons. Both issues have been forwarded to the devs. Kozispoon's post from Nov. 23 indicated that there are bugs and issues with the points and difficulty, it may be that the platoons have more bugs than just the ones acknowledged so far and the unfarmable toons may be one.

For people asking for the TB to be stopped, the last statement we had on this was from Kozispoon in that same post saying that changes cannot be made until the TB is complete and the dev team will provide additional information next week about compensating players for any errors they discover. It may mean that a TB cannot be stopped once started, but in the least, the devs and the people who can make that type of decision will not be in the office until tomorrow morning, Pacific Standard time. Please be patient in the meantime is the best advice I can give unfortunately.
  • RobArt
    117 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    What are you complaining about? You just need to throw thousands of dollars to California. Then you maybe fill 2/12
  • Options
    This is totally WAI, they expect you to panic-farm.
  • Options
    Here's the thing about "just waiting a couple months for them to be farmable." By then we will have 10 more DS characters released that are unfarmable and they will be today's NS spirits and zombies in platoons
  • Options
    Harry_Hood wrote: »
    EA must be trying to get Xmas bonus money for all their employees. Total joke to require all these new toons

They will get that bonus money, even with all the bugs, cockups and complaints whales and krakens will keep on ploughing money into the game.
  • Options
    No one in my guild is happy. Lots of swearing this entire TB. I actually enjoy the hard content (we are extremely rare in multiple large chats I am in)and have a better than average DS roster but these platoons have removed 100% of any enjoyment to be found.

Our directions to guild can't be repeated here on the forums due to your TOS but basically we said "do whatever you want or not this TB". Now we are a top 50ish guild and always are competitive with around 121 MIL GP but not one person in guild is enjoying this and more than a few we have had to reassure them that this TB won't be here like this after this one. I am assuming that the massive rage will force drastic changes to it (please don't let me be wrong, I love my guild!)
  • Options
    And another thing; we are rank number 57 for GP in entire game. We managed 3 platoons today. Not one person is planning on "farming" the toons for it like zombie or the other ones.

I'll repeat that because it sounds insane:

In the game swgoh the number 57 ranked guild for guild points in the entire game can only complete three platoons in phase 4 of the new dark side territory battle game mode because thousands, yes thousands, of US dollars were not spent. :neutral:
  • Options
    remember kozi

"This does not appear to be a bug. Recruit Players to your Guild that have these Characters in their roster, or you can acquire them on your own"

lol
  • Ariella
    219 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    In P3, there were BH’s in the Platoon requirements, which I assume was an oversight since there was a BH mission.
    But P4... my word.
    As people have pointed out, it’s pretty ridiculous.
    In the LS TB’s, when you reach P5/6, you expect a couple of P2P characters here and there. It’s not unexpected to only get 4/6 Platoons in each section of the map done due to lack of ships or characters which require a player to sink hundreds of dollars into random prize boxes to unlock them.
    But not every single character Platoon, as is the case with this TB. In the middle and lower zones there isn’t a single platoon which doesn’t have a requirement for either Mother Talzin, Zombie, Spirit, SF FOTP or KRU. And most Platoons need multiple combos of these characters.
    Seems an excessive requirement... especially when you add in the requirement for notoriously long farm characters such as Gar Saxon, Imperial Commando, Shoretrooper and Sith Trooper.
    I get that the DS TB is supppsed to be more challenging but this is just demoralising :(
  • Options
    In my guild BPC which we have 110 million galactic power this is what we could do
    4/6 top : requires Tie Silencer
    1/6 middle : Nightsister fest + first order sf tie pilot
    0/6 bottom : Nightsister fest + first order sf tie pilot

on top of a TB that is infested with bugs this was the last straw for me and have just announced to my guild that i do not care if they skip the rest of the tb.
    Tomorrow is gonna be a new phase with more stuff that will continue to demoralize my guild members.
  • Options
    Greenmojo wrote: »
    In my guild BPC which we have 110 million galactic power this is what we could do
    4/6 top : requires Tie Silencer
    1/6 middle : Nightsister fest + first order sf tie pilot
    0/6 bottom : Nightsister fest + first order sf tie pilot

on top of a TB that is infested with bugs this was the last straw for me and have just announced to my guild that i do not care if they skip the rest of the tb.
    Tomorrow is gonna be a new phase with more stuff that will continue to demoralize my guild members.

It really is demoralizing, actually had a guildmate say exactly that this morning.
    That's why we decided to send message out to not stress out about this one. We had to do something because no one seemed to be enjoying logging in.
  • Options
    Removing new zombie and new fo wont solve the problem, you need to understand that this action will increase numbers for tfp thrawn shore and so on which are needed for actusl mission as platoons need same number of toons when there is much less on dark side ..
    They need beside removing those p2p, reduce slot to 9 or 8 too
  • Options
    Any new phase brings a new lowlight with this release. For ls tb you had at least the decency to limit the p2p toons to platoon 5 and 6. But here? It is hard to differntiate what is bugged (veers, snowtrooper), poor greed (new nightsisters, new fo toons) and simply confusing (starck and droid).

I am looking forward on how you clean up this mess :)
  • Dro1dm0de
    136 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sitting in a 110 mill GP guild, we managed 1/12 in platoons. Awesome job rolling this out lmao it's been a circus past 4 days
  • Markzheng1102
    123 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think the whole community would be relatively less annoyed if we heard something of an apology, even something remotely close to it.

But the fact that in these few days, EA has:

1. Threatened to banned people for "exploiting" a bug which they didn't had the decency to QC (anybody remembered when players could upgrade mods for free? Yes, that bug? Anybody? Nobody got threatened right?);
    2. Kept justifying that this Dark Side TB was done to appease "the players"; and
    3. Put in ridiculous platoon requirements and kept silent about it when the uproar happened.

Is it us? Baby, come back. We loved the old EA. We promise to make things work. Don't leave us. We promise to buy more crystal packs. You have changed but we can change so that you love us back. :'(<3
  • Options
    We were lucky to do 2 platoons because 3 people had invested in Mother Talzin when she came out. Other than that our platoons required 15 Nightsister spirit(!!!) and a decent amount of the new FO toons. Oh and Veers, Snowtrooper and Col. Starck. At least we didn’t get the probe droid, how lucky!
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Poodoo like this... how do fixes from the same mode reappear in different version of the same mode. Play test, QA... should catch stuff like this especially when it fundamentally undermines the design of the mode.

Gaffs like this make me suspect CG has far more people working on PR, cash shop and, new toons for cash shop than on the balance, QoL, and play testing.
  • BTBAMthony
    179 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

This is actually bad business. I’m just waiting for them to anger the whales. and then they will really be screwed. They’ve driven most of their normal player base away in reliance of dolphins and whales. But unless the entire guild is whales. These platoon missions will still be impossible. I say keep it how it is. Anger the whales enough to quit. And maybe EA will learn the simple business concept that if 10,000 people buy a 5 dollar pack they make the same amount as if 500 buy a 100 dollar pack. They already basically ruined battlefront 2 hype with poor business practice.

Edit: Didn’t realize “p*** off” was a bad word? My bad. Changed to “anger”
  • ChrisSkywalker
    553 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    We had horrible platoons this phase. Talzin zombie spirit unmasked kylo (none us have him at 5 *) gen kenobi ( none of us have him) raid han ( only 2/45 have him) this is in multiple platoons at that..
  • Options
    Almost Everyone should be able to fill 2/6 platoons in each territory. 2 of the 6 should be generally underused toons. Getting to 4 of 6 should require a bit of sacrifice. Think a couple thrawn/cls/ep/Hans to complete. Going 6/6 is where those who spend should get their benefits. A combination of easy, sacrifice and paywall. This way everyone can feel like they are contributing.

• Options
    +1000 as an attempt at public relations they have weened off “deleting” posts and started to “move them to the proper board” aka put them in a board that they have nothing to do with so no one sees it. Generally somewhere in the depths of the feedback board that no one pays attention to. Kind of defeats the purpose of a forum...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    BTBAMthony wrote: »
    +1000 as an attempt at public relations they have weened off “deleting” posts and started to “move them to the proper board” aka put them in a board that they have nothing to do with so no one sees it. Generally somewhere in the depths of the feedback board that no one pays attention to. Kind of defeats the purpose of a forum...

@BTBAMthony thats an odd way to look at it since the last update included an update to GW, one of those sub forums that has been thriving with conversations asking for said update....
  • BTBAMthony
    179 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

@BTBAMthony thats an odd way to look at it since the last update included an update to GW, one of those sub forums that has been thriving with conversations asking for said update....

That’s a straw man fallacy. For the sake of argument though I will pursue this off topic point. Galactic war was also the only facet of the game that could be completed through strategy and with f2p squads. Yea it was difficult but It never encouraged buying characters like keeping up with arena, territory battles, or raids does. This is an easy change to make that has very little repercussion on sales.

I have seen two posts about platoons moved out of this forum just today. Posts that were clearly about Imperial Invasion. They were moved to feedback board. I appreciate your attempt and understand that it’s your job. But it doesn’t change the fact that people speaking truth are constantly “hushed” in these forums.

Edit: I realize this post sounds negative. I love this game and think it has a lot of potential. That’s the only reason I’m still here and talking in forums. That’s why we are all here. We wouldn’t waste our time trying to help improve something if we didn’t care about it.