DSTB issue and response

Replies

• <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Our team is working on a server release today that will slowly roll out a fix that'll address Territory Battle's Platoon Deployment mechanic. This fix will do its work in the background, so players will NOT require a client restart of their game. Let is know if you encounter any issues.

@CG_LucifersDaddy and @CG_Leviathan will be on hand evaluating the numbers and taking action on accounts found to have engaging with this exploit.

As always, we appreciate your patience and reports in regards to this serious issue. Battle on!

I thought it wasn't possible to make changes to TB while it was going on?

It's not. It's definitely tough to respond without revealing too much, but suffice to say this shouldn't change the current Territory Battle directly, but patch an exploit in the server so that this will not happen again going forward.

@CG_LucifersDaddy and @CG_Leviathan will pore over data logs after the fix is live and determine who abused the exploit and who bumped into it accidentally.

Sure wish those fellas would work to fix the missing raid rewards that a bunch of people were experiencing such as myself rather then waste time pouring thru logs. Are they going to go they every single guild? Seems like a huge waste of time. Been waiting 3+ weeks on my answersEA post with no response along with a bunch of others. Have them spend time to fix all those posts, or at least respond to them.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Our team is working on a server release today that will slowly roll out a fix that'll address Territory Battle's Platoon Deployment mechanic. This fix will do its work in the background, so players will NOT require a client restart of their game. Let is know if you encounter any issues.

@CG_LucifersDaddy and @CG_Leviathan will be on hand evaluating the numbers and taking action on accounts found to have engaging with this exploit.

As always, we appreciate your patience and reports in regards to this serious issue. Battle on!

It's not. It's definitely tough to respond without revealing too much, but suffice to say this shouldn't change the current Territory Battle directly, but patch an exploit in the server so that this will not happen again going forward.

@CG_LucifersDaddy and @CG_Leviathan will pore over data logs after the fix is live and determine who abused the exploit and who bumped into it accidentally.

Sure wish those fellas would work to fix the missing raid rewards that a bunch of people were experiencing such as myself rather then waste time pouring thru logs. Are they going to go they every single guild? Seems like a huge waste of time. Been waiting 3+ weeks on my answersEA post with no response along with a bunch of others. Have them spend time to fix all those posts, or at least respond to them.

Does seem like a waste of time doesn't it?

• Thanks for the reply. Along with (most) people here, I understand the difficulty of your job and truly enjoy the game CG has created, and do understand that "things happen". In the end, this IS just a game, and while it is frustrating for players, it's probably more so for you as the creators.

So while it hasn't been the smoothest of rides the past week, I sincerely do appreciate your hard work.

I hope everybody there had a wonderful holiday. All the best.

Except its not just a game, its a business and they want to turn a profit off of us. And in response, we should have a MUCH better product.

If this were some sort of enterprise software and there were this many bugs/issues/lack of thought all holy hell would be raised.

Walks away whistling...
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • It definitely needs fixing quickly, the whole thing needs looking at though, those platoon requirements are total bull. 6* Probe Droid, does anyone have one of those? All the new Nightsisters that aren't even farmable. It's crazy. It will hopefully get sorted and properly balanced and feel less rushed. I have faith in you guys, just promise that you'll take your time with it, nobody wants a TB that's broken!

Neither do we! We're doing the best we can and will make it out the other side together.

I'm sure we will. Make us proud Kozi!
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Those are not the bug fixes you were looking for.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Hiya!
    Those two aren't in charge of that. You're free to toss me a PM with a link to your Answers HQ thread, or alternatively, please contact EA Help.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines

• Thanks for the reply. Along with (most) people here, I understand the difficulty of your job and truly enjoy the game CG has created, and do understand that "things happen". In the end, this IS just a game, and while it is frustrating for players, it's probably more so for you as the creators.

So while it hasn't been the smoothest of rides the past week, I sincerely do appreciate your hard work.

Except its not just a game, its a business and they want to turn a profit off of us. And in response, we should have a MUCH better product.

If this were some sort of enterprise software and there were this many bugs/issues/lack of thought all holy hell would be raised.

But it's not enterprise software. It's a mobile game.

Don't get me wrong. I feel ... bemused annoyance ... at these issues. But I also recognize that a single territory battle having major issues is, in the grand scheme of things, minor. I hope CG learns from this, and because of these issues I'm going to continue voting with my wallet by not purchasing anything in game. But I also think most of us realize that the people who work for CG are, you know, people.

I wish this event hadn't happened, but it did. I fully expect CG to fix it and try to become better because of it. If they don't, and this continues, then I'll stop playing, simple as that. But that doesn't mean we can't treat the employees of this company with respect.

PS
    I'm not saying you, personally, aren't respecting them. Sorry if I'm a bit too SJWarrior-y right now. I just think there is more going on here, in terms of the rushed nature of the content, and I want the people of CG to know that their work is appreciated, even when there are issues.

But it's not enterprise software. It's a mobile game.

Don't get me wrong. I feel ... bemused annoyance ... at these issues. But I also recognize that a single territory battle having major issues is, in the grand scheme of things, minor. I hope CG learns from this, and because of these issues I'm going to continue voting with my wallet by not purchasing anything in game. But I also think most of us realize that the people who work for CG are, you know, people.

I wish this event hadn't happened, but it did. I fully expect CG to fix it and try to become better because of it. If they don't, and this continues, then I'll stop playing, simple as that. But that doesn't mean we can't treat the employees of this company with respect.

PS
    I'm not saying you, personally, aren't respecting them. Sorry if I'm a bit too SJWarrior-y right now. I just think there is more going on here, in terms of the rushed nature of the content, and I want the people of CG to know that their work is appreciated, even when there are issues.

But this isn't a one-off. This is an issue that happens almost constantly. I'd list them out, but i'm afraid of the repercussions for talking about it.
  • This is so bad! I can’t believe how bad this is. Something must be done about how bad this is. Just so wrong and bad. Bad. :(

• But it's not enterprise software. It's a mobile game.

Your response was well thought out but I need to stop you right here. This is a consumer product that generates millions of dollars a month in revenue. Just calling it a mobile game gives them a pass when more accountability and respect for the player base (paying and not) should be had.

Its not like this game launched last month and they are still working things out, we're 2 years in now. Something this big in terms of content being released with this many issues is pretty poor. And the one statement we get regarding it is a platoons exploit...
  • @CG_Kozispoon do we get a response as to why you released this junk and what our expectations should be moving forward or as always is this one of those things you hope goes away?
    <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Hiya!
    Those two aren't in charge of that. You're free to toss me a PM with a link to your Answers HQ thread, or alternatively, please contact EA Help.
    I appreciate the offer, but I do not want special treatment, I would rather wait and have my issue resolved the way it is supposed to be. I just want answers HQ to work, because right now it’s not. I would be happy with a response saying that they are looking into it, but we get ignored. Maybe those two can help out the HQ people rather then waste time. The player base already put forth a great solution, kill this TB, give all how played it equal rewards and re-release it when it’s ready. That would save all that time those two would waste, plus make the player base happy, win-win!
  • <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Any why was this not fixed on day 1?

Why are nodes 5 and 6 still missing from combat? could u fix that too while your updating TB mid TB?

Can u guys also fix rebels violating the TOS and using ai exploits to dispel fracture?

Can u look into bans for the players who received $1000+ of free mods

Can u look into bans for the guys who got free challenge gear for months using a well known exploit?

Look at this open discussion about exploiting for extra raid rewards!!!!!!

that's OK but getting a extra TB star ( which isn't even gear it's just a better CHANCE at gear) is ban worthy u must have lost touch with reality over at CG.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145014/is-this-true#latest

@CG_Kozispoon

• But it's not enterprise software. It's a mobile game.

Your response was well thought out but I need to stop you right here. This is a consumer product that generates millions of dollars a month in revenue. Just calling it a mobile game gives them a pass when more accountability and respect for the player base (paying and not) should be had.

Its not like this game launched last month and they are still working things out, we're 2 years in now. Something this big in terms of content being released with this many issues is pretty poor. And the one statement we get regarding it is a platoons exploit...

Valid point. You are correct, 100%.
  • @CG_Kozispoon
    Why not respond with an “sorry for making you, the players, beta test our new updates instead of us doing the work?” Or an apology about the dark side tb difficulty and platoon requirements being about making us spend more money to actually fill them in?
  • <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Ms. Spoon, real actions must be taken to address the player distress. The last debacle with “you know who” openly stealing, was a disaster with the level of punishment doled out.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Buddy wrote: »
    I understand that something is very broken I n this TB, sure. But at the same time there has to be some reasonableness to the conversation. I have a hard time taking seriously anyone who is demanding the top rewards to all players as a recompense. It sounds opportunistic in the other direction, or else shrill and entitled. Depending on resources available to study the case, consider giving the same stars as each guild’s last LSTB? Or check the guilds that didn’t use the bug and see the ratio of stars LS:DS and award than ratio to all guilds?

The issue is that if a 10mil gp guild could effectively get maximum stars because of 2 cheaters. Meanwhile, a 100gp guild that did not cheat would not get the maximum. Thus, it is only fair that if the cheating guild gets to keep the rewards, other guilds are compensated equally.
    <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Hiya!
    I appreciate the offer, but I do not want special treatment, I would rather wait and have my issue resolved the way it is supposed to be. I just want answers HQ to work, because right now it’s not. I would be happy with a response saying that they are looking into it, but we get ignored. Maybe those two can help out the HQ people rather then waste time. The player base already put forth a great solution, kill this TB, give all how played it equal rewards and re-release it when it’s ready. That would save all that time those two would waste, plus make the player base happy, win-win!

I tried to report an ongoing bug two weeks ago, after trying for hours, I still couldn’t submit and it didn’t say where the error was. Before it was easy to report a bug here.
  • Edward wrote: »
    <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

Hiya!

I tried to report an ongoing bug two weeks ago, after trying for hours, I still couldn’t submit and it didn’t say where the error was. Before it was easy to report a bug here.

Same no submit for me. And it was about a ticket being erased :(
  • Sooooo... Let me get this straight... The threats have been renewed and I suspect your "silent fix" is nothing more than a detection method to track down the said "cheaters".... Even though no one is cheating, they're simply using the game YOU put forth. If you REALLY want to stop the "cheating" as you put it, you should send an in-game notice; that way EVERYONE is clear about it, and not simply the few that check these forums. This is your way of dealing with player distress?
    So threats? Really?? Instead, you should think of addressing this "shipped show" you call Dark Side TB, the numerous bugs, the difficulty, the points awarded, the platoon requirements and, the the fact that IT ISN'T EVEN FUN! (Because of all the said problems) FYI: Might want to think about actually trying your new content before releasing it next time, instead of botching it and then accusing players of cheating, when they try to use it.
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs
  • Buddy wrote: »
    I understand that something is very broken I n this TB, sure. But at the same time there has to be some reasonableness to the conversation. I have a hard time taking seriously anyone who is demanding the top rewards to all players as a recompense. It sounds opportunistic in the other direction, or else shrill and entitled. Depending on resources available to study the case, consider giving the same stars as each guild’s last LSTB? Or check the guilds that didn’t use the bug and see the ratio of stars LS:DS and award than ratio to all guilds?

The issue is that if a 10mil gp guild could effectively get maximum stars because of 2 cheaters. Meanwhile, a 100gp guild that did not cheat would not get the maximum. Thus, it is only fair that if the cheating guild gets to keep the rewards, other guilds are compensated equally.

Or give a 10mil guild the same number of stars that they got in the last LSTB and give a 100 mil guild the same number of stars that they got in their last LSTB.

It just feels a little like we’re saying: ‘it’s not fair that one 10mil guild got more than they deserved - to make it right you should give every 10mil guild more than they deserve.’

‘Deserve’ feels like the wrong word to use but I can’t think of a better one. Hope you see my ponies
  • *point not ponies

Argh!
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Buddy wrote: »
    *point not ponies

Argh!

No worries - you can edit your post after you post.

It’s the little cog wheel on the top right
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Well I’ll be [redacted]. Thanks!
  • It definitely needs fixing quickly, the whole thing needs looking at though, those platoon requirements are total bull. 6* Probe Droid, does anyone have one of those? All the new Nightsisters that aren't even farmable. It's crazy. It will hopefully get sorted and properly balanced and feel less rushed. I have faith in you guys, just promise that you'll take your time with it, nobody wants a TB that's broken!

Neither do we! We're doing the best we can and will make it out the other side together.

Why just not to change platoon requirements? For example, new characters appear there only when they are farmable without crystals?
    You see, if you spend several hundred dollars on a character, you probably want to use it, not just put in platoon mission...
  • bisto_760
    236 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon kitten happens. Don't sweat it. I know you guys are catching alot of flack on this but in the grand scheme of things it's only 1 TB. After this one is finished, just pull it until it's fixed then reintroduce it. No biggy. I think everyone needs to take a breath on this.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Kozispoon wrote:

While I suspect it should be trivial to check how much a guild should accomplish vs how much they actually got by calculating it from their total GP why not just give the rewards to everyone based on their potential?
  • Kozispoon wrote:

Can someone pore over the rebel stats and tell us how the AI can dispell fractures and Vader dots?

Maybe if they try hard u can even find combat missions 5 and 6 and their related TB points?

There are more mentions of bans here than in a hip hop song yet these issues haven't even been acknowledged.

Sincerely,

The gamers.
  • I would Like CG to pull DS TB and bring it back in late Jan or Early Feb. just take your time and get it right.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Naw wrote: »
    Kozispoon wrote:

While I suspect it should be trivial to check how much a guild should accomplish vs how much they actually got by calculating it from their total GP why not just give the rewards to everyone based on their potential?

Not totally. Some of it depends on where the GP is in the guild and how it's used. My guild tends to fight a little above our weight class. When we had just barely broken 100 mil GP, we realized we outscored many guilds with 110+ mil. No cheating, just good organization and having good (or the right) comps and maybe a little lucky RNG with easier to beat battles (read: few elites).

NS isn't the highest power/GP squad, but the right player who really knows how to use them (and actually has them) can come through like a wrecking ball. For LS, where my example comes from, Resistance is the same way.

It's potentially a whole lot to go through for these 2 guys, depending on how many guilds have a "sum is greater than its parts" situation. I don't envy their position right about now.