Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    I have them both at 3* only .
    How do i get them to 7* in 2 days??
  • Options
    $
  • Options
    You don't need them in 2 days, you need them (at the latest) the last day of Rey's hero's journey which is weeks from now.
  • Options
    There's a pack again 50 shard each for a good value
  • Options
    $

correction ... $$$$$$$
  • Options
    DranEico wrote: »
    First post. To say this event is a total joke. 7* unlock requiring toons that were free to play only within the past few weeks both on 16 energy cantina nodes and one day of double drops after the req announcement. Total and complete money grab pay to win move. Severely disappointed. consider this post filled with expletive deleted language.

And save me the we should all have had a premonition and known this was coming stuff. It was preceded by another 7* unlock event to drain resources further, along with a guild event with required toons that have little to no other value etc etc etc. Your naive if you think this hasn't been designed against an algorithm to determine simple macro point of diminishing returns: how far can they drive up the cost and milk the most suckers into blowing money before losing us en mass. Guess what? EA blew it on Battlefront, and this looks like another episode of bad econ on their part.

Its called making choices with in the game. Also the BF2 comparison is already getting old. The situations are not even close to the same.
  • Risz
    134 posts Member
    Options
    I would advise to not run after them, everyone should boycott these two toons so CG would maybe understand that they are doing something wrong here.
  • Options
    Risz wrote: »
    I would advise to not run after them, everyone should boycott these two toons so CG would maybe understand that they are doing something wrong here.
    not happening
  • Options
    There's a pack again 50 shard each for a good value

Lol
  • Options
    Only way two day farm is happening is if there is a hundred percent drop rate
  • Options
    I didn't have all the toons leveled for CLS, getting him the second time around. I didn't have the toons leveled for BB, getting him the second time around. Same for Thrawn & Talzin, will be the same for Rey ... I'll just get her the second time around.
  • Options
    Risz wrote: »
    not happening

Unfortunately
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm farming Hoth Han, Leia and Hermit Yoda for ROTJ Luke... Any idea who else will be required for that? I don't want to be in this position again

Well if the model continues, someone needs to die - maskless Vader (new) who will need to be unlocked by needing 7* old Vader, Emp Palpy, and others. Wampa may need to die.

Story maybe told from reverse prospective
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    First post. To say this event is a total joke. 7* unlock requiring toons that were free to play only within the past few weeks both on 16 energy cantina nodes and one day of double drops after the req announcement. Total and complete money grab pay to win move. Severely disappointed. consider this post filled with expletive deleted language.

And save me the we should all have had a premonition and known this was coming stuff. It was preceded by another 7* unlock event to drain resources further, along with a guild event with required toons that have little to no other value etc etc etc. Your naive if you think this hasn't been designed against an algorithm to determine simple macro point of diminishing returns: how far can they drive up the cost and milk the most suckers into blowing money before losing us en mass. Guess what? EA blew it on Battlefront, and this looks like another episode of bad econ on their part.

Its called making choices with in the game. Also the BF2 comparison is already getting old. The situations are not even close to the same.

Here's my choices
    Been farming in anticipation of TLJ contect since spring. Even have a 7 star bb8. Chewie is 0 outta 85. Han 30 out of 85. I saved up tons of currency in all the shops. But i didnt hoard crystals. Still, i used what i had on the vets when they appear3d in the store. And now I have been spending all my crystals on cantina energy. Even with the packs, I'm Mr Hanky out of luck. I haven't missed a day of this game in 13 months. I have spent money in the past. But my camels back is very weak right now.
  • Options
    I'm farming Hoth Han, Leia and Hermit Yoda for ROTJ Luke... Any idea who else will be required for that? I don't want to be in this position again

Well if the model continues, someone needs to die - maskless Vader (new) who will need to be unlocked by needing 7* old Vader, Emp Palpy, and others. Wampa may need to die.

Its only cause someone dies in both movies that the heroes journey takes place in. No one dies in the ESB unless they make you play as han as he gets frozen...
  • Risz
    134 posts Member
    Options
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    I didn't have all the toons leveled for CLS, getting him the second time around. I didn't have the toons leveled for BB, getting him the second time around. Same for Thrawn & Talzin, will be the same for Rey ... I'll just get her the second time around.

The second time around, just after a new Legendary brokenass toon will be released that you will also get the second time around, it's just never ending
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

I was fine with missing CLS since his required toons were available for a long time and its my fault for ignoring people’s predictions. Im not fine with 3x refreshes every day since the vets’ release and that still not being enough for the rey event.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

I was fine with missing CLS since his required toons were available for a long time and its my fault for ignoring people’s predictions. Im not fine with 3x refreshes every day since the vets’ release and that still not being enough for the rey event.

This
  • Options
    Buy lootboxes
  • Options
    Save the galaxy with Rey and overcome overwhelming odds...

On getting 7star vets in time
  • Options

Strike the BF2 comparison then. But save your mansplaining ****.

This is not about opportunity costs which come with some foreknowledge of relative value. Its a surprise Hero's Journey Event, which means its return is significantly greater than normal events, with a cost that not only was not known in advance, but once revealed is likely not possible to attain without dropping money, likely in excess of $60, even for those who farmed those toons from the moment they could be picked up for crystal. Meta toons only attainable by P2W players leads to significant game imbalance in open servers.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Can you let us know when the event runs until? I want to plan out farming and see if it is worth buy the Vet Pack. Thank you!
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.

I’m in the exact same situation. The event should’ve started in Januari to give f2p players a chance to get her if they went all in

I am in this situation as well. EA with their typical money hungry ways....they keep this up and i wont be playing much longer. It shouldnt be hard for F2P players to keep up.
  • Options

Strike the BF2 comparison then. But save your mansplaining ****.

This is not about opportunity costs which come with some foreknowledge of relative value. Its a surprise Hero's Journey Event, which means its return is significantly greater than normal events, with a cost that not only was not known in advance, but once revealed is likely not possible to attain without dropping money, likely in excess of $60, even for those who farmed those toons from the moment they could be picked up for crystal. Meta toons only attainable by P2W players leads to significant game imbalance in open servers.

Mansplaining?? Ok. And please tell me how this was a surprise?
  • Options
    Buy lootboxes

Hahaha
  • Options
    As soon as vets hit the store they should have been farmed. Then as soon as they hit cantina they should have been farmed. Now we have a pack to buy. Yes they might take a little money but the developers need some $ sometime or this game doesnt exist. There is always next time too.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Yea... good luck. Will be nice for less than 10% of their community to be able to participate in this pristine new content
  • Options
    Cry me a river
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    STRONGLY suggest anyone who is thinking about buying the packs to hold off till the last moment. Who knows what the difficulty is, and whether you can complete the event EVEN with 7* toons. Might just be a repeat of the thrawn event where you might need minimum G9/10 on the vets, or that you just have terrible RNG and fail to get the toons to 7* before the event ends even if you bought the pack.

Best strat is to keep farming with energy until the last moment, read up experience by whales on the forums later on and see if the event is easy enough with low gear and how your farming goes.
  • Options
    Week more than likely