Holiday gaming deals -

Replies

• Options
    I'm just completely baffled how a company can treat their customers this way. And expect there to be trust that they aren't trying to screw us over. Any purchase going forward you have to double and triple guess on. How do you run a business like this?
  • Options
    ksomm5 wrote: »
    I'm just completely baffled how a company can treat their customers this way. And expect there to be trust that they aren't trying to screw us over. Any purchase going forward you have to double and triple guess on. How do you run a business like this?

They’re caking. Even after bf2 outrage you would figure there would be an apology tour throughout the ea-starwars collective. Nope nope nope. It’s dollars and cents, black and white. The binary world.
    When I first started playing I only knew ea from like madden and would hear about them being a terrible company for the customer. Also this is a freemium model mobile game. So we have everything that goes along with that as well.
  • ToughSituation
    33 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

They’re caking. Even after bf2 outrage you would figure there would be an apology tour throughout the ea-starwars collective. Nope nope nope. It’s dollars and cents, black and white. The binary world.
    When I first started playing I only knew ea from like madden and would hear about them being a terrible company for the customer. Also this is a freemium model mobile game. So we have everything that goes along with that as well.

Personally, I'm fine with microtransactions in a freemium mobile game - that's how they make money - you either spend or not - I get it.
    Battlefront is a different kind of bird, since you had to pay to get it in the first place (btw: EA Sports Fifa is even worse - what they did there stopped me from buying FIFA 18 and I've been buying new FIFA every single year since FIFA 2002).
    So it's not the business model I'm upset about. I just think that this whole Holiday Sale deal is insulting to us

It's all about them lying, trying to cover this up and acting like there's nothing wrong.
  • Options

Personally, I'm fine with microtransactions in a freemium mobile game - that's how they make money - you either spend or not - I get it.
    Battlefront is a different kind of bird, since you had to pay to get it in the first place (btw: EA Sports Fifa is even worse - what they did there stopped me from buying FIFA 18 and I've been buying new FIFA every single year since FIFA 2002).
    So it's not the business model I'm upset about. I just think that this whole Holiday Sale deal is insulting to us

It's all about them lying, trying to cover this up and acting like there's nothing wrong.

Yep. Totally. I’m just giving a bit more depth for the current mood. Or what I think is the current mood. Paying real money should get you ahead. But the game seems so much different now. That these instances are the norm. And not a hiccup or a mistake that will be rectified.
  • Options
    nxv wrote: »
    Where did all the screenshots go?

Are the people not allowed to express their feelings anymore when they feel something is wrong?

IMG_0584.jpg
    IMG_0585.jpg
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    I'm going to try this trick with my kids for Christmas. When Christmas morning comes, I'll just tell them that they've had their presents all along so no increase in toys is coming.

That is a very elegant solution to the holidays! love it!
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/134096/content-update-9-20-2017#latest

This is the link to the original packs, showing same amount of credits they are claiming are now +25%
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Finity wrote: »
    I'm going to try this trick with my kids for Christmas. When Christmas morning comes, I'll just tell them that they've had their presents all along so no increase in toys is coming.

That is a very elegant solution to the holidays! love it!

Best comment I've seen. Lol cg/ea definitely must do this to there kids
  • Options
    Try again, this is not even close to a solution to this problem.

You messed up, apologize and make it right.

Please just do the right thing. We are all fans and love this game but please do the right thing here.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Were there any new hires for ea/swgoh around the time they took away the 21day booster pack? That seems to be the starting point.
    On the dev side/ manager side it’s been all good.
    Tools for Tb. A tested tw. Kozi sharing update notes even when an update hasn’t gone live.

But there seems to be someone making decisions like - removing booster pack, taking toons out of shops with out informing the community. 2 year farms for mt and wicket. The ridiculousness of vets for rey. (2 16energy cantina nodes in a short time)
    Platoons. The audacity and ridiculousness of them.

Please to this person or people don’t hide in anonymity please poke your head here and engage with the community. :)

The booster pack was removed because of legal action in another EA freemium over a similar pack.

Also, if you think decisions like MT, vet farm, platoons, etc are being made off-site, with 0 input from CG, then I think you'd be surprised. EA sets revenue goals. Devs absolutely play a part in how those goals are achieved.
  • Options
    Where did @scuba 's post with all the screenshots go? I can still see it when I look at his profile, but when I come to look at this thread, it's gone.
  • Options
    ^ LOL your avatar +25% tag
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Everything gets better with a +25% tag
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    Were there any new hires for ea/swgoh around the time they took away the 21day booster pack? That seems to be the starting point.
    On the dev side/ manager side it’s been all good.
    Tools for Tb. A tested tw. Kozi sharing update notes even when an update hasn’t gone live.

But there seems to be someone making decisions like - removing booster pack, taking toons out of shops with out informing the community. 2 year farms for mt and wicket. The ridiculousness of vets for rey. (2 16energy cantina nodes in a short time)
    Platoons. The audacity and ridiculousness of them.

Please to this person or people don’t hide in anonymity please poke your head here and engage with the community. :)

The booster pack was removed because of legal action in another EA freemium over a similar pack.

Also, if you think decisions like MT, vet farm, platoons, etc are being made off-site, with 0 input from CG, then I think you'd be surprised. EA sets revenue goals. Devs absolutely play a part in how those goals are achieved.

Thank you. I have no idea how things work so I spitball and take my half-kitten guesses.
  • Options
    Unrelated but... with this back to back retcon strategy I'm worried the next 'update' will say CLS not returning. We take back him being 'recurrent' event. Well actually zero recurrence is still technically recurrent so we weren't lying.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Wow. EA must really think we're i diots. How does a 25% added credit bonus that's always been part of the pack qualify as a "Holiday gaming deal ... valid 12/14 through 12/21." This is false advertising. Plain and simple.

Plus, Kozi is incorrect: the offer originally mentioned in the starwars.com article was not "+25% bonus credits," but "up to 25% off in-app purchases" for Lego Star Wars and SWGoH. False advertising, plain and simple.

Would it really have broken their bottom line to have honored the straightforward wording of this advertisement, for the sake of their customers, rather than alter the deal--and the advertisement's wording--for their own sake? (Though how it's for their own sake beats me, since the ill will this move is generating will certainly hurt them more than honoring the straightforward wording would have benefited them.)
    Post edited by Barhebraeus on
  • nxv
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Everything gets better with a +25% tag

Do share!
  • Options
    It's so cliche, but apropos...

I've altered the deal, prey I don't alter it further...
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • Options
    Raindragon wrote: »

Lol ... I knew someone would pick up on that even as I was typing it ...
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Unrelated but... with this back to back retcon strategy I'm worried the next 'update' will say CLS not returning. We take back him being 'recurrent' event. Well actually zero recurrence is still technically recurrent so we weren't lying.

The recurring event in the Dec calendar likely isn't CLS. 1) Capgasp already said he wouldn't have a mythic, and 2) the reference in the "what's ahead" is typically to the next month, in this case January.
  • Options
    Raindragon wrote: »

"This deal's getting worse all the time"
  • Options
    I don't see why anyone is confused. The original base values also equal "+25% added value" and also equal "2x bonus value". It makes perfect sense.
  • ToughSituation
    33 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I don't see why anyone is confused. The original base values also equal "+25% added value" and also equal "2x bonus value". It makes perfect sense.

What does a 9/20 deal have in common with Holiday Sale?
  • Options

What does a 9/20 deal have in common with Holiday Sale?

You missed my sarcasm font. Mathematically those are three unique things. No excuses of "poor wording" can justify it.
  • Options
    IMG_0584.jpg
    IMG_0585.jpg
    IMG_0586.jpg
    September we got 25% added value too! That's great! I'm so glad they didn't give us the regular value ! Great holiday sale!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/134096/content-update-9-20-2017#latest
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Are you seriously going to ignore this?!
  • Options

I'm sure it will be deleted soon, just like several of the posts in this thread . They clearly think they can lie to our face, so what makes you think they care?

so what makes you think they care?

The fact that they haven't done that already. I hope they come to their senses and apologize.
    Now, dont say I'm naive - I said "I hope", not "I think". I'm just being optimistic here

• Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Why no dislike button
    Because last time it got abused by trolls, going in on peoples profile and disliked their entire history of posts

Honestly, I think it had more to do with the fact that some of the most disliked posts ended up being those of devs/mods with unpopular information in them. IIRC, the like/dislike thing arrived just before the 5* changed to 7* HRS requirement debacle.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    apparently the like button is back.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Morning morning,
    Going to be going spelunking in the backlog of this thread to review the feedback given, and sift through the questions that I think need further clarification.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines