Pop up crystal sale and Boba Fett pack [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Went to the mall yesterday because men's pants were on sale for $30. I went over to the rack and they were marked $40. The sales associate told me they were $40, but there was a lady walking around the store who might walk up and offer to sale me the pants for $30, but might offer to sale me a shirt for $20, or socks for $10. They actually expected me to spend hours on Christmas eve just hanging out in the store so I could "maybe" save 25% on pants? What a lousy way to do business.
  • Options
    Jakezor wrote: »
    Day 2 - still not a single popup on either account. This was a poor choice.

Same exact experience. I have 2 accounts on different devices and I have not received a single popup on either account. Very frustrating to keep checking for something that never arrives.
  • Options
    Just enjoy the game and don’t believe a word they say and you’ll be happy
  • Options
    Went to the mall yesterday because men's pants were on sale for $30. I went over to the rack and they were marked $40. The sales associate told me they were $40, but there was a lady walking around the store who might walk up and offer to sale me the pants for $30, but might offer to sale me a shirt for $20, or socks for $10. They actually expected me to spend hours on Christmas eve just hanging out in the store so I could "maybe" save 25% on pants? What a lousy way to do business.

lol'd a bit, nice one ;)
  • Options
    Anyone gotten the vault offer yet? Kind of annoying to have to keep checking my phone on Christmas. Very poor planning on the promotion.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I was clicking when it showed up and I clicked it before I even saw it so I canceled the transaction not knowing what the amount was...
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    When are you people going to realize that the Devs are Santa. They decide who’s been naughty or nice. If you didn’t get anything then I guess you’s naughty lol
  • Options
    It would be interesting to have an official answer by a dev. I'm curious to know why CG doesn't want f2p people to become p2p.
  • Options
    It would be interesting to have an official answer by a dev. I'm curious to know why CG doesn't want f2p people to become p2p.

It's not just the f2p people who haven't even seen the pack.
  • Options

It's not just the f2p people who haven't even seen the pack.

Exactly. It's almost as if the purpose of the promotion is to convert p2p to f2p by ignoring the requests from whales to have access to the specials.
  • Options
    I'm thinking it has to be that the in app clicks went way down on Christmas last year and they needed way to get everyone clicking
  • Options
    I finally saw the 3500 crystal offer for $19.99 this morning at the 6AM reset. I've bought that pop-up multiple times in the past so the fact that it pops up multiple times only for people who have not yet purchased means it's exclusive to this promotion.
  • Options
    Just put these sales in the store for god’s sake. Why would you make it harder for people to spend money??
  • Options
    I just got the ad for the $20 pack, about a minute after I bought the pack in the store. It’s kinda crumby you’re only giving these for the pop up ad! I completely forgot about the offer and so didn’t even think about it.
  • Options
    The only way to fix this disaster is to put the offer in the store. And 3 chewie shards as an apology!
  • Options
    Day 2 and no pop ups for me either. No crystals or boba.
  • Options
    This pop up ad thing is ridiculous ... when we don’t want pop ups you keep firing them at us and when we do...not a peep.
  • Options
    Not a single pop up here
  • Options
    Ankh wrote: »

Same exact experience. I have 2 accounts on different devices and I have not received a single popup on either account. Very frustrating to keep checking for something that never arrives.

4 acccounts, 3 devices, 3 different internet connections, FTP and P2W accounts across all level ranges. Not one popup. There's no rhyme or reason as to why some people aren't getting them.
  • Options
    It is amazing how they stay in business. the devs and the marketing sales department are like night and day. Unfortunately consumers see them as one team and it reflects poorly on the devs.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    I just got the ad for the $20 pack, about a minute after I bought the pack in the store. It’s kinda crumby you’re only giving these for the pop up ad! I completely forgot about the offer and so didn’t even think about it.
    Ouch
  • Options
    Still no pop ups for me either. What a great business model. I'm not buying crystals at the regular price so....
  • Options
    People are waiting to spend money on the promotional offer, yet you're preventing them from actually doing it. Strange business model.
  • Options
    I agree that this is totally ridiculous! I haven't got any pop ups and it's now day 2. It's like they actively trying to make people NOT spend money. Someone at marketing at EA or CG really need to take marketing 101. Just a week after the "25 % added value" debacle they go on and do something like this. It's just astounding!

I think they have even managed to keep regular spenders from spending because they are waiting for a "sale". And if you are regular spender, or even a potential new spender, how in earth will getting some players a crystal bonus and others not encourage spending? I guess the opposite will be true - OK so my guildmate got a discount, why the peep should I spend if I don't get the same bonus? Right?
  • Options
    I keep getting flickering of the sale boxes when jumping back on the game, only saw tge $20 one. This was a terrible idea. Since its such a bad idea and buggy, give us crystals for the technical error and let us buy crystals on sale from the store like normal ... That is of course if anyone is in the office.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Kyleslater
    438 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I’ve only heard of the 19.99 option for crystals. That’s what everyone is saying. Having said that I haven’t gotten ANY pop ups and I wanted to buy the boba bundle too

It's the $100 bundle according to the update notes.

This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (19,638 vs 15,710) compared to the normal store bundle.

I’d buy it. But it hasn’t showed up for me yet....

I should clarify I did see and buy the boba pop up. But that’s supposed to be a different one. I am still waiting for the $100 crystal pack pop up.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    @I_WANT_YODA
    probably a day off for everyone

Like I keep saying, pass the word around your guildmates and sharmates to send in a ticket.

Make sure to say this idea is horrible AND you never got the bonus pop ups!
  • Daenion
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    This will probably be the straw that broke the camel's back. I have to jump through hoops to give money to EA. How special do these people think we are....
    Post edited by Daenion on
  • Options
    and if that doesn't work, make sure to ask for a callback.

We can't let this fly. This is beyond re tard ed

And for me, it's even worse, cuz all my money is in google play... but I'm leaving for an xmas dinner, so will only be able to play on my iphone, which is not where I bought my gift cards.
  • Options
    MajorP wrote: »
    I think they have even managed to keep regular spenders from spending because they are waiting for a "sale".

Very true. Im waiting......