Pop up crystal sale and Boba Fett pack [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    At least we have a whole community to kitten about it with?!?!
  • Options
    Mine was just one of the threads that got merged.... But ended up being the first post in the merged thread.

It is plain to see from the sheer number of people posting that cg just need to put offers in store and people will buy them when they are ready to. Having pop ups with a second round of offers will entice those who want to spend even more.

I have previously bought every level of offer in store and in pop-up when they both ran at the same time just to take advantage of the 25% extra as much as I could. This time I've bought exactly zero crystals. I'm sure I'm not the only one whose spending is drastically different this time round.

I wasted a lot of my day chasing pop ups that did not appear.... Not a single pop up in over 24 hours. Wasted my time and goodwill. Tempted me to buy other games on my pc instead. I'm sure the devs will be missing the thousands in revenue that they lost over this holiday period.

I hope we see some official response and a quick backtrack on this pop up policy in favour of returning to offers being in store where they should be.
  • scuba
    14059 posts Member
    Options
    Not to stoke the fire, but . . .

Apparently some people have bought the vault special several times by logging in from different devices.

Yet another reason to stop reinventing the bonus crystals wheel.

I was planning on doing the same thing as I have done in the past when they had the pop-ups actually run. Their loss.
  • Rhoskens
    25 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yesac wrote: »
    Rhoskens wrote: »
    Holiday season, less people using the app. How can we make people enter the game 25x per day during Christmas and sell to apple and google that we are a top app?

My first cynical thought too, but could that one day spike in game-play be worth the millions of dollars lost? I’m assuming at least 10,000 of the 20 mill players are waiting to spend $100 on those vaults.

Very simple solution: use for some days, then apologize and say “decided to put in the card store due some complains, to be fair, sorry here...”

Win-win situation
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The right thing for them to do is to just sell the bonus crystals packs in the store like in the past and extend it for an extra week and/or allow you to buy 3-5 (instead of just 2) of the same pack without having to chase a fabled pop up offer for additional purchases.

Can't wait to see how they are going to react to this. May be upset now, but it may end up being a blessing for their customers.
  • Options
    Plain and simple it is a programmer error, what can you expect when you implement something as your walking out the door to go on Christmas holiday........
  • Gryf
    95 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Rhoskens wrote: »
    Very simple solution: use for some days, then apologize and say “decided to put in the card store due some complains, to be fair, sorry...”

Win-win situation

Not a win/win for everyone. I normally buy the 100/50/20 packs when they offer the extra 25%, but since I haven't seen any of them pop up all day, I just assumed I won't see them and spent the money elsewhere already.

It does make me happy to not give EA any money this time around though simply because they offer these deals in the dumbest way possible
  • Options
    Well I hope they extend the omega deal cause that would suck to miss out on it because I’m not buying any packs of those without the “Poop Up” deals being fixed
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Options
    After speaking with a dev, it was indicated that if you are not receiving the holiday sale pop up, you will need to contact customer service. Unfortunately, they cannot do anything from the forums as it is apparently not happening to everyone.

https://help.ea.com/en/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en

Please hold, more info will be posted shortly ... getting an update
  • Options
    Great... more work for us..
  • Gryf
    95 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ha!!! I'm not gonna file a bug report with them because they screwed up with a promo. If they didn't drop the ball on everything they touch, I would have spent money with them earlier today.
  • Options
    47.5 hours....zero pop-ups
  • Sapient2k7
    191 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Same here. I don’t know how they think this will help their cause.
  • scuba
    14059 posts Member
    Options
    Gryf wrote: »
    Ha!!! I'm not gonna file a bug report with them because they screwed up with a promo. If they didn't drop the ball on everything they touch, I would have spent money with them earlier today.

Agree completely
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    After speaking with a dev, it was indicated that if you are not receiving the holiday sale pop up, you will need to contact customer service. Unfortunately, they cannot do anything from the forums as it is apparently not happening to everyone.

https://help.ea.com/en/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en

Please hold, more info will be posted shortly ... getting an update

So... we should just sleep on it?

• Options
    That’s funny, because swgoh has been the biggest pop up ad game every and when they want to put something on sale and make some money via pop up ad they mess it up. Hard to believe. Got iTunes card for Christmas, but already spent it on other stuff can’t wait forever on something that was promised but failed again.
  • Options
    I sent in my ticket and reported it. Took a few minutes. Much less time than I’ve spent clicking around in the game. Hopefully it gets fixed. But please note how frustrating this has been for so many players. Put the promotions back in the shop. All issues would be resolved.
  • Options
    Oops....I already opened a case. Sorry.
  • Options
    I did not see any pop up ads on the 24th or 25th
  • Options
    Seems until 7th jan for crystals... but the omega pack expires in 2 days...
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Holiday 25% Bonus Crystal Bundle
    Note that this offer is available via the pop up ad ONLY and not in the Store. In order to access this offer, please tap on the pop up offer when it appears. This offer will reappear occasionally for players who have NOT purchased the bundle.

This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (3,500 vs 2,800) compared to the normal store bundle. (edited; our apologies for the typo, CG_RyDiggs)

Maximum 1 purchase.
    Minimum Level Requirement: 8+
    This bundle is available starting December 24th

From the release notes...

Is that a new trick? Announce something and then edit it afterwards?

Why is there no real TLJ/xmas sale? Really hard to understand.
  • Options
    Note that this offer is available via the pop up ad ONLY and not in the Store. In order to access this offer, please tap on the pop up offer when it appears. This offer will reappear occasionally for players who have NOT purchased the bundle.

This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (3,500 vs 2,800) compared to the normal store bundle. (edited; our apologies for the typo, CG_RyDiggs)

Maximum 1 purchase.

Wow, apparently you can teach old dogs new tricks. . . . Guess ea/CG has enough money from everyone hey delmon,
  • Options
    Potatp is a typo. Entering a completely different offer from the one actually available is not.
  • Options
    Potatp is a typo. Entering a completely different offer from the one actually available is not.

Couldn’t agree more!

Changing the wording and definition is NOT a typo!
  • myea8017
    192 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Maximum 1 purchase.

A typo with exact calculations, lol, makes total sense. I typo stuff all the time like hey boss eat a potato but what I meant to say was be there at 9am.
  • myea8017
    192 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I submitted a help ticket with my provider. This is insane to constantly change information and pull back or "correct." I've never seen this before in a game.
  • Options
    After the recent "poor messaging" debacle with the mysterious 25%-retroactive it was there all the time starwars.com bonus, I would have thought a little more care would have been taken in making sure the announcements of current deals were clear and accurate. Not to mention lots of people questioned whether this deal applied to the vault only (specifically because those were the numbers chosen). These questions went ignored. And, well, here we are.
  • Options
    After the recent "poor messaging" debacle with the mysterious 25%-retroactive it was there all the time starwars.com bonus, I would have thought a little more care would have been taken in making sure the announcements of current deals were clear and accurate. Not to mention lots of people questioned whether this deal applied to the vault only (specifically because those were the numbers chosen). These questions went ignored. And, well, here we are.