Pop up crystal sale and Boba Fett pack [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    If it is a mistake and the wrong pack got published and it needs time to fix it, it would be better to say it. But with the current edit it reads like that just wording was wrong and the right pack got published.

Maybe, but then again, people aren't even getting the wrong pop up.

If you bought the 3500 pack before when it was offered, like around Thanksgiving, you'lll never get the pop up since it's a one time purchase. They've bolded the word "not" in the update with the change they made from the vault crystal numbers:

"Holiday 25% Bonus Crystal Bundle
    Note that this offer is available via the pop up ad ONLY and not in the Store. In order to access this offer, pleaseHoliday 25% Bonus Crystal Bundle
    Note that this offer is available via the pop up ad ONLY and not in the Store. In order to access this offer, please tap on the pop up offer when it appears. This offer will reappear occasionally for players who have NOT purchased the bundle.
    This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (3,500 vs 2,800) compared to the normal store bundle. (edited; our apologies for the typo, CG_RyDiggs)
    Maximum 1 purchase.
    Minimum Level Requirement: 8+
    This bundle is available starting December 24th
    tap on the pop up offer when it appears. This offer will reappear occasionally for players who have NOT purchased the bundle.
    This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (3,500 vs 2,800) compared to the normal store bundle. (edited; our apologies for the typo, CG_RyDiggs)
    Maximum 1 purchase.
    This bundle is available starting December 24th"
  • Options
    Hope they don't take as long as they do to fix the daily 600 tracker to give an explanation to you guys.
  • Options
    Hiya Holotable Heroes!
    I think it was just an honest mistake... We should just forget about it and move on. I am still enjoying all the free stuff we got! They are all doing a fantastic job! Thank you CG!!!!!!!
  • Options
    If the intention of non existent rng based purchasing was to tank sales for the holiday and end of year sales push I say well played.....
  • Options
    I got 200 dollars in Google gift cards for Christmas, and I'm still waiting for any popup of any kind.
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    removed.
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Holiday 25% Bonus Crystal Bundle
    Note that this offer is available via the pop up ad ONLY and not in the Store. In order to access this offer, please tap on the pop up offer when it appears. This offer will reappear occasionally for players who have NOT purchased the bundle.

Maximum 1 purchase.
    This bundle is available starting December 24th

From the release notes...

Is that a new trick? Announce something and then edit it afterwards?

Why is there no real TLJ/xmas sale? Really hard to understand.

Hold up. People spent 2 days waiting for the vault to pop up, only for them to edit the post and say, "My bad, it's only the $20 pack"?

My God why do I continue to play this game??? That's not even a "typo". A typo is a mistake made while typing. This was blatant misinformation! How do you even call saying (19k+ vs 15K+) for days then changing the amounts to the $20 pack a typo?

This is a multi million dollar game. One of the most expensive games on the planet as far as their offerings go. Can they not put more effort into making it a seamless, non-infuriating experience???

• Options
    That $20 pack is pretty sweet though right? The Omega and G12 packs are also great deals! I wish I had Google gift cards!
  • Options
    Ok, here's a simple fix that will make everyone happy.

They screwed up and screwed up big, on Christmas of all days. Just put the 25% bonus packs in the store for 2 days. EA makes money, people feeling not-so-good about this fiasco are happy.
  • phroxenphyre
    463 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Just a reminder to keep the venting within the confines of the rules.

The devs already looked into an issue regarding the bundles and their response was posted by Sunnie. I'll agree that there's more we would like them to look into but it's the middle of the night during a holiday for CG so it'll be a while before anything more happens with this.

But believe me, I want an answer to this just as badly as everyone else does. I haven't gotten any of the pop-up deals either and I'd really like to buy some of them while these omega packs are still around.
  • Options

The devs already looked into an issue regarding the bundles and their response was posted by Sunnie. I'll agree that there's more we would like them to look into but it's the middle of the night during a holiday for CG so it'll be a while before anything more happens with this.

But believe me, I want an answer to this just as badly as everyone else does. I haven't gotten any of the pop-up deals either and I'd really like to buy some of them while these omega packs are still around.

Here is another question? Why doesn’t EA support their game forums with paid staff instead of using volunteers. EA sounds like Uncle Scrooge.

• Options
    Same here!! I went to buy it but phone backed out as I was hitting touch pad to pay. Never came back, prob checked 50 times. Any other day I'm getting 5 pop-ups a day of nothing special. What's the deal? Seriously devs, put it in the store. The hell
  • Options

Thanks. That means the full vault pop up should have happenend, but it didn’t and the edited text just reflects the current state and not the initially planned pack?
  • Options

They screwed up and screwed up big, on Christmas of all days. Just put the 25% bonus packs in the store for 2 days. EA makes money, people feeling not-so-good about this fiasco are happy.

No instead of the 2 days you mentioned it should be the same amount of time that the staff is out for Christmas vacation. Also instead of just the crystal packs, that time frame should be added to all pack in the store including the omega packs and everything else. I'm not saying that everything should be Mondale at 25% off or you get 25% more. Just add the crystal sap to the store for all packs including the valt with the 25% extra crystals like it was for the 2 year anniversary. Then extend the time frame that all of these packs will be available for purchase by the amount of time that the staff is out for Christmas vacation. That should make up for this debacle.
  • Options
    I feel for you moderators... EA messed up once more and are not keaving up to it. This is a very good business that would justify 24/7 customer service and such a fail during a xmas holiday would justify that ea staff cut their holidays to fix it. Actually the fix would not require much: 1 manager to decide the packs go into the store and 1 programmer to push em in...
    I love this game but i do feel that ea takes us players, their customers, for granted...
  • Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »

No instead of the 2 days you mentioned it should be the same amount of time that the staff is out for Christmas vacation. Also instead of just the crystal packs, that time frame should be added to all pack in the store including the omega packs and everything else. I'm not saying that everything should be Mondale at 25% off or you get 25% more. Just add the crystal sap to the store for all packs including the valt with the 25% extra crystals like it was for the 2 year anniversary. Then extend the time frame that all of these packs will be available for purchase by the amount of time that the staff is out for Christmas vacation. That should make up for this debacle.

Yes the bonus crystals should run along side the other packs, as they would have if things didn't get so messed up by a "typo", or no pop up of any sort showing up period.

I really don't get why they didn't simply put the bonus crystal packs in the store like they did the past 2 Christmases instead of causing this train wreck for their players. Maybe it was decided that people will spend anyway to get the omega packs, so why not have them spend on the original amount of crystals. Honestly omegas build up so quickly I'm not spending a dime just for that.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Options

Thanks. That means the full vault pop up should have happenend, but it didn’t and the edited text just reflects the current state and not the initially planned pack?

The moderators have no insight on to whether a vault pop up should have happened or not. All we know is what I relayed to the forums.

e5898446-3fc1-4af8-bcef-aacb3ea9d466_text_hi.gif
  • Options
    BigBittner wrote: »

Here is another question? Why doesn’t EA support their game forums with paid staff instead of using volunteers. EA sounds like Uncle Scrooge.

They do have paid staff. Kozi, RyDiggs and anyone else with a dev tag is EA/CG staff. They work in the same building as the folks writing the code, go to the meetings and can actually get the answers. Us moderators are just regular players who have volunteered to help keep the forums tidy and organized so that the staff can do their jobs easier and more efficiently.

This is actually a very common practice in the gaming industry. I've been a member of many gaming communities for several different companies, have moderated for two and it's been the same structure for all of them.
  • Options
    I feel for you Sunnie... not sn easy job being stuck between ea / cg who just took off on holiday without leaving any customer support on duty and us annoyed customers....
  • Options
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    [ moderators have no insight on to whether a vault pop up should have happened or not. All we know is what I relayed to the forums.

Sorry, I was missinterpreting the “before anything more happens”.
  • Options
    I just want a pop up to appear lol. Vault, boba, $19.99 pack, hell at this point I’ll take a random pop up that has nothing to do with the game.
  • Options
    Clicked on the £20 crystal pop up but I have just got an iPhone X where the Apple Pay interface is bobbins without the thumb print scanner... touched the screen and payment got cancelled and dumped me back at the home screen... I still really want the crystals to Max out my home one tomorrow but doubt I’ll get the pop up again ☹️

Just put the deals in the store already!
  • Options
    pop-up never show for me. I'm upset and i think i'll keep my money now, great job devs !
  • Options
    I saw the bobba pop up yesterday... which i don t wsnt to buy... then saw the 20 usd pack, which i did nit want as i though there was a vault desl too... now we don t know if there is a vault deal... and i d like to buy omrga packs... but no crystal deal...
    that leaves me 2 choices: buy crystals at regular price or miss out...
    Is that what the original intent was? I hope not...
  • Options
    Noopsizok wrote: »
    That $20 pack is pretty sweet though right? The Omega and G12 packs are also great deals! I wish I had Google gift cards!
    Nice try, EA. Jk

• Options
    Wasn't going to post as there's been a lot already but realised I should post to support my fellow players.

I too, have not had anything pop up. Not Boba or any of the crystal packs. It's getting to be pretty annoying. Did they want to drive sales by having a limited popup to create urgency? Well, it backfired. Chuck it in the store please.

Fyi, I'm current level 49 and well above the minimum level required for the popups.
  • Options
    exec79 wrote: »
    ppl begging to spend money on a not really existent things, i would call this a great success from the other side....

Totally, plus £70 on gear that doesn't even fully gear one character. I'd bet if the game is still going it will be £50 per gear piece at gear level 15.
  • Options
    Very disappointing. Waiting whole christmas for the vault. Didnt take the 20€ Pop up because i wanted the vault. It will Never come as it seems. But the 20€ Pop up doesnt reappear „occasionally“ as pronounced. Frustrating!
  • Options
    Enough is enough. The treatment of the player base over the last 6 months has been disgusting - shame on you, EA.

I'm done spending on this game. Here's one whale that is going FTP. I'd prefer to support a company that actually cares about their customers.

After speaking with many others like myself, this is a trend you will see spike very quickly. This is not a typo.
  • Options
    All I get is when accessing the store is a popup telling me to make sure I got a network connection.
    Well guess what; I got a network connection considering the game launches.