The whole Nightsister thing

Replies

• Options
    @ripthestage JT Rey with IPd, chopper, bb8 and r2 have no issues with NS
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    ^ Agree - I'm way happier seeing more diversity in the mix now as opposed to just a couple of months ago when it was all CLS teams. That was a low point in the game for me. Between the fact that we're seeing more variety in arena shards and the fun of Territory Wars, which allows us to use more of our toons/squads than ever before, things are better now IMO. For me it started when the NS update came around and added some fun.

For people who are frustrated about the Zombie/Acolyte cheese, there are ways to beat it. It's not exactly a secret in terms of how you beat it so if it's that frustrating to you then just build a good counter team with plenty of AoE

Being able to counter it doesn't make it less cheesy though, it does make it less frustrating. I still don't like NS as a team, still think it's cheesy, but i do like the diversity.

anyway, a bitcoin trader, a vegan and a player who uses NS in arena walk into a bar .... ;)

Lol true but it does reduce the frustration factor knowing it's not so overly annoying ... hope is a powerful thing (so are crystals lolz)

I'm having more fun in the game now ... the last time I enjoyed it was when briefly Thrawn helped mix things up before CLS ruined all that.
  • Options
    ^ Agree - I'm way happier seeing more diversity in the mix now as opposed to just a couple of months ago when it was all CLS teams. That was a low point in the game for me. Between the fact that we're seeing more variety in arena shards and the fun of Territory Wars, which allows us to use more of our toons/squads than ever before, things are better now IMO. For me it started when the NS update came around and added some fun.

For people who are frustrated about the Zombie/Acolyte cheese, there are ways to beat it. It's not exactly a secret in terms of how you beat it so if it's that frustrating to you then just build a good counter team with plenty of AoE

Being able to counter it doesn't make it less cheesy though, it does make it less frustrating. I still don't like NS as a team, still think it's cheesy, but i do like the diversity.

anyway, a bitcoin trader, a vegan and a player who uses NS in arena walk into a bar .... ;)

Not many metas have been created that weren't cheap and / or cheesy. Wiggs post rework was awful with a fast OHKO triple shot. Chaze had every skill and tons of passive stuff. Maul with tons of TM to start for free. Now RJT with tons of TM to start for free at start of match. CLS with a counter-attack rebel lead combined with the crazy Raid Han rework - Raid Han cheesiest cheese / terrible build of all time. Between shoot first, his TM gain on special, he can attack 5 times in the first round essentially and do over 100k damage with just 3 turns.
  • Options

Not many metas have been created that weren't cheap and / or cheesy. Wiggs post rework was awful with a fast OHKO triple shot. Chaze had every skill and tons of passive stuff. Maul with tons of TM to start for free. Now RJT with tons of TM to start for free at start of match. CLS with a counter-attack rebel lead combined with the crazy Raid Han rework - Raid Han cheesiest cheese / terrible build of all time. Between shoot first, his TM gain on special, he can attack 5 times in the first round essentially and do over 100k damage with just 3 turns.

I wrote this, (almost nearly) same post myself. People only ever see cheese in front of them.... the cheese they flushed down behind them is always forgotten...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

that's true. It's mostly personal preference really. Some are just more universally despiced than others. I couldn't care less about dodge leads or chaze for example, but i really disliked kenobi barriss. One could argue that the one is more cheesier than the other, but in the end i agree that all meta teams are cheese teams.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nuriela wrote: »
    @Nuriela
    you do realize that the AI doesn't have a brain right?
    Bz183 wrote: »
    Any squad that gets embarrassingly spanked by chaze when used by someone who has a brain...is not meta.

You do realize that every team gets beat on defense right? So stating the obvious for any team, means that NS aren't META? lol. I guess being able to hit auto on just about every team, while every other supposed META has to have the person control to win against most teams, is not as effective?? How is being more effective than every other team, not the Most Effective Team Available.

Also, when a team like NS comes along and forces people to really think about how to beat you, and forcing other teams to change out their ideal squad (which leaves them weaker vs everyone else). How is that not the META?

NS are kitten. Put plague on the enemy, revive your team a few times and wait till the enemy dies. You now think you are the hero because of NS, but you are not. You are as kitten as NS.

Whatever makes your kitten purr, buddy.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    @Nuriela
    Any squad that gets embarrassingly spanked by chaze when used by someone who has a brain...is not meta.

You do realize that every team gets beat on defense right? So stating the obvious for any team, means that NS aren't META? lol. I guess being able to hit auto on just about every team, while every other supposed META has to have the person control to win against most teams, is not as effective?? How is being more effective than every other team, not the Most Effective Team Available.

Also, when a team like NS comes along and forces people to really think about how to beat you, and forcing other teams to change out their ideal squad (which leaves them weaker vs everyone else). How is that not the META?

NS are kitten. Put plague on the enemy, revive your team a few times and wait till the enemy dies. You now think you are the hero because of NS, but you are not. You are as kitten as NS.

You have a very narrow point of view. I don't need plague to win. Didn't need plague on those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQeN8LW8c7A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzs-zIAwCoM
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I have no problems with diversity in the arena. I long for it as much as most of you. I hated and hate CLS cause it ruined The arena.

However I’m having trouble accepting a g7 3* toon getting the better of g12 toons. Sure you can bring out AOE as a counter and it’s perfectly right as an argument but still...

Zombie giving Assaj and Daka boosts cause she revives every second is a broken mechanic.

But if it makes people happy, then who am I to argue with personal choice ;-) have fun and hell! It’s just a game.
  • Options
    OK I'm officially fed up. It's absolutely ridiculous that someone with junk mods, 2 and 3 star toons, can rise from the lower ranks of the arena and beat teams with super mods and all zetas.

Is this what the devs are after? Having everyone run these ridiculous night sisters? Yes they can be easily beaten on offense but what defends against them at any level? What's the point in putting time, effort, and in some cases money into your team if anyone with a cheap night sister team can come up and slaughter it?

• Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    BTW, anyone who feels special bragging about winning with such a cheap team, don't forget pretty much any one of us can run the same team. It's not like you have to put much effort into it. It's completely broken that anyone who has them unlocked can throw them in at abysmal levels and beat top arena teams that took a lot of work.
  • Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    I have no problems with diversity in the arena. I long for it as much as most of you. I hated and hate CLS cause it ruined The arena.

However I’m having trouble accepting a g7 3* toon getting the better of g12 toons. Sure you can bring out AOE as a counter and it’s perfectly right as an argument but still...

Zombie giving Assaj and Daka boosts cause she revives every second is a broken mechanic.

But if it makes people happy, then who am I to argue with personal choice ;-) have fun and hell! It’s just a game.

waiting for zombie to feed is slow and only works really at lower ranks. Higher up you need a better zombie. My feeders for asajj are daka and MT, they feed way more than a zombie can.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I really don’t understand all the NS hate. Where is the Rey outrage or Thrawn outrage? On my shard the top 10 spots are controlled are rotated by people, who in my opinion are breaking the game controlling payouts for themseves and those who partner with them in discord and in this forum.

I see more CLS in NOT Zeta’d mode in top 10 now meaning collusion is definitely happening. The several NS teams I do see in there have 7* zombie and spirit and have spent a lot of zetas and omegas to be there. The two variants I have seen are Gen Kenobi in place of Initiate and another team had Spirit in place of Initiate.
    Post edited by ChickenFett139 on
  • Options

I wrote this, (almost nearly) same post myself. People only ever see cheese in front of them.... the cheese they flushed down behind them is always forgotten...

It's more that they cling to the cheese they currently own and new cheese that threatens the existence of their old cheese they think smells bad :)
  • Options
    I really don’t understand all the NS hate. Where is the Rey outrage or Thrawn outrage? On my shard the top 10 spots are controlled are rotated by people, who in my opinion are breaking the game controlling payouts for themseves and those who partner with them in discord and in this forum.

I see more CLS in NOT Zeta’d mode in top 10 now meaning collusion is definitely happening. The several NS teams I do see in there have 7* zombie and spirit and have spent a lot of zetas and omegas to be there. The two variants I have seen are Gen Kenobi in place of Initiate and another team had Spirit in place of Initiate.

People have been spoiled by the OP-ness of CLS / Han / GK etc. and are scared they are losing their binky and / or are too apathetic to adjust their team. NS also handle the newest sheep cheese-meta well - RJT - so there is much hurting of the rear end going on. I'd also add that since they are in TCW, as characters, NS are not particularly popular among the general SW base and having them be strong is probably really annoying to some players. If you have just watched movies or skipped TCW you probably still look at them as the Halloween / witches gag team that doesn't fit in SW...yet they're handing golden boy Luke his lunch.
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    Your definition of meta chasers is wrong @Tuftedpaper85

Meta refers mostly to the most effective team.
    Nightsisters are the most effective team by far.

The fact that the top 50 of your shard hadnt geared them up and that they arent 90% of the #1 position in the game doesnt mean they are not the most effective or meta.

I advise new players every day on the forums to gear them up because they can beat any team at low stars and gear.

If you want to use words in sentences to demean others, at least try to know what they mean.
    @Nuriela

You have a very narrow point of view. I don't need plague to win. Didn't need plague on those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQeN8LW8c7A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzs-zIAwCoM

I used to run zarris lead,zeta assaj, zeta daka, zombie, and thrawn or R2. It could beat any of the CLS teams and general teams, but unfortanately it couldn't touch the Rey ones so I had to put in mother talzin. As long as you understand how their mechanics work, nightsisters really open things up and allow you to run unique squads
  • Options
    If you have just watched movies or skipped TCW you probably still look at them as the Halloween / witches gag team that doesn't fit in SW...yet they're handing golden boy Luke his lunch.

I watched all Seasons of The Clone Wars and thought the origin story for Maul, Savage, and Ventress was handled very well. It was not corny or out of canon. If anything it added to the witches and their unique tie to the Force.

The witches have been in the EU for some time. If I remember correctly, in Old Republic the player goes to Dathomir as well. Luke goes in search of the witches to find out what they taught Jason in now Legends novels as well.

I am honestly surprised the Witches are even player allowed because they are a powerful faction and usually NPCs or a for for the Sith / Republic.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I really don’t understand all the NS hate. Where is the Rey outrage or Thrawn outrage?
    I hate the new Rey!!! NERF HER ALREADY!!
    So, here it is and it was me a pleasure! ;)
    No outrage for Thrawn, bc i use him by myself! :tongue:
    Maybe CG should rework GG to give him a "immune to plague"-leader-ability (working for droids only) ... this way it would end like in TCW: Grievous wipes them out.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Man_Uel
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    I really don’t understand all the NS hate. Where is the Rey outrage or Thrawn outrage?
    I hate the new Rey!!! NERF HER ALREADY!!
    So, here it is and it was me a pleasure! ;)
    No outrage for Thrawn, bc i use him by myself! :tongue:
    Maybe CG should rework GG to give him a "immune to plague"-leader-ability (working for droids only) ... this way it would end like in TCW: Grievous wipes them out.

Since droids are not living things and are needing a bit of more love, maybe a rework where ig 88 or hi 47 leadership grants immune to plague to all droids allies would be nice, I agree
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

It's more that they cling to the cheese they currently own and new cheese that threatens the existence of their old cheese they think smells bad :)

well, it works the other way around aswell. ;)
  • Options
    I think ns are meta but I disagree with the idea that meta means just one sqaud.
    If meta does mean one sqaud and ns are it, than what is a team called that can beat them and get 1st in arena surrounded by them?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    I think ns are meta but I disagree with the idea that meta means just one sqaud.
    If meta does mean one sqaud and ns are it, than what is a team called that can beat them and get 1st in arena surrounded by them?

A counter.

Presumably if somebody is defining meta literally enough to argue that there is only one, it would be determined by the number of other strong common teams that it can easily/consistently beat. Or you wind up saying that there is no single most effective team because there are multiple teams that are equally effective in different situations, and then you come up with a different word to mean what everybody else is talking about.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    You can't call a team meta that get's destroyed by an 3 man imp trooper team!

You could just as easily say you can't call a CLS team meta if it can be beat at g12 by a team with a g6 member. Having a counter doesn't mean something isn't extremely effective.
  • ripthestage
    153 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yeah I know. RJT Chaze also no issues. CLS meta neither. It's not because they are problem to me, I just really think NS is bad. Low star, low gear toons around the top, in a 2 years old game... It is just bad. For the game. For us. Because it's broken. Because it is only a single zeta and they can beat 5x gold anything with g8-9 3 star NS toons

H1mLQVD.png

mlb1399 wrote: »

• Nuriela
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yeah I know. RJT Chaze also no issues. CLS meta neither. It's not because they are problem to me, I just really think NS is bad. Low star, low gear toons around the top, in a 2 years old game... It is just bad. For the game. For us. Because it's broken. Because it is only a single zeta and they can beat 5x gold anything with g8-9 3 star NS toons

H1mLQVD.png

You must be on a relatively new server if you have NS in your top 10 that do not have g12 on anyone. No way would I have made top ten if my Zombie was low level/gear,mods. Had to get him to gl11, and good speed mods. If I had not gotten all of my NS to G12 (-MT 6*). I also had to Zeta , MT, Asajj and Daka, if you know the characters you would realize that is 5 ZETA minimum. So I can see why your CLS team has no problem with the NS, it's not because your team is rock solid, it's because the NS you face are trash.

One last thing why just a picture?? Why not a video showing what rank you are and the team that you faced that shows GL?? You really shouldn't talk trash when your only proof is a picture that gives us no reference. That picture could have been of an all Jawa team that subbed out JE just so they could see what it was like, what you give us is a picture of a zombie at the end of the fight. Thats why I always show videos hard to argue concrete proof.

For reference. https://swgoh.gg/u/croger152003/collection/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

H1mLQVD.png

You must be on a relatively new server if you have NS in your top 10 that do not have g12 on anyone. No way would I have made top ten if my Zombie was low level/gear,mods.

not really, they just work really well vs specific teams. Don't need g12's and you certainly don't need a high gear zombi to beat those teams. I'm on a februari 2016 leaderboard and the low geared NS teams have no issue climbing the ranks.

• Options

H1mLQVD.png

You must be on a relatively new server if you have NS in your top 10 that do not have g12 on anyone. No way would I have made top ten if my Zombie was low level/gear,mods.

not really, they just work really well vs specific teams. Don't need g12's and you certainly don't need a high gear zombi to beat those teams. I'm on a februari 2016 leaderboard and the low geared NS teams have no issue climbing the ranks.

Like I said on my server you wouldn't make top 10 probably not even top 50.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

H1mLQVD.png

I'm only pointing out that it has nothing to do with how new a leaderboard is. When someone says "you must be on a new leaderboard" it's usually meant in a derogatory way, i'm just saying that doesn't apply in this case.
    Out of curiousity, what teams are amongst the more commonly used teams on your leaderboard?
  • Nuriela
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

H1mLQVD.png

I'm only pointing out that it has nothing to do with how new a leaderboard is. When someone says "you must be on a new leaderboard" it's usually meant in a derogatory way, i'm just saying that doesn't apply in this case.
    Out of curiousity, what teams are amongst the more commonly used teams on your leaderboard?

Lots of CLS like everyone else, alot of Zariss, that's all starting to change though more and more people are dropping in maxed out RJT with BB8, a few have added B2 to their lineup as well.

Oh yea one last one there are 3 other NS teams maxed out with all NS (MT 7 * as well) but zombie at g12. That's what top 20 is I don't usually see any teams past that.