Chimarea comin back nxt week? [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    HOOKAY!
    • We see the scheduling conflict
    • This was not our intention
    • Stay tuned for a hotfix and further details on how this will be addressed next week.

For those who can, have a great three day weekend folks!

And now in unison “thank you kozi”
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    HOOKAY!
    • Stay tuned for a hotfix and further details on how this will be addressed next week.

You have a great weekend, too!
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    HOOKAY!

I didn't complain (though I was not overly happy), and I would have bought a pack for crystals, 'coz my Home One is at 95/100 right now, but this is even better. Thank you @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    Of course the same crying will start from those that don't get it this time either. I've never had to spend money on ships. It's called farming. All my capital ships will be 7 star after this event. Endurance 10 away until next week and all my rebel ships ready for 7 star chimera. Instead of crying why not thank these devs for being good enough at their jobs to keep their jobs. You get that right? This is their job. Not their hobby. Not how they waste free time. It's their job. I don't know about you, but if I went in to work tomorrow and started giving away the Coca-Cola that I'm paid to sell I'd be looking for a new job. Simple answer to all of your problems guys. Patience and planning.
  • Options
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    @Sarcodino good for you
    But not everyone is on such a server. On mine nearly every toon in top 30 is G12, there‘re also enough players that do a refresh every day and noone runs Home One or Executrix there. The people on the server also started in late 2015 which you probably didn‘t.

And about the part with the greediness: I also was expecting that, but didn‘t really want it to be true.
    I started playing nov or dec 2015 (cant remember) top 100 on my shard is almost full 5xG12 (but MT/Hyoda)...
    Ok there are like 2 home one teams in my top 20 but i still can kill everyone in offense (i dont usually fall out of top 20 so not that bad on def xD)
    JasFonz wrote: »
    @Sarcodino well good for you but we don’t all have the leisure of being on baby servers.
    I’d eat your team for breakfast. A 5* Thrawn can beat a 420k AA team hands down. I do it daily for the poor guy that runs it on our shard. The only one.
    I almost never see cap ships whitout 7* but sometimes a 5* chimaera comes to top 20 and its so easy to beat too... To be fair i dont have problems with any fleet composition out of an incredible bad RNG with a executrix with a 100% dodge tie fighter (and only when i lose vader ship due to another bad RNG in the first round xD)
    Wkj312 wrote: »
    JasFonz wrote: »
    @Sarcodino well good for you but we don’t all have the leisure of being on baby servers.
    I’d eat your team for breakfast. A 5* Thrawn can beat a 420k AA team hands down. I do it daily for the poor guy that runs it on our shard. The only one.

So because he's able to succeed with a lesser used capital ship he's on a baby server? There's no doubt that home one is not the best cap ship, but a strong fleet supporting it can still beat anyone on offense. It just won't hold up as well on defense.
    U got it xD
    I even tried executrix after hearing so bad comments about home one in the forum... While i had AA at G9 as capital ship i geared tarkin to G12 and tried 6* executrix instead of 6* home one just to realized that i fell down more on defense and felt less comfortable on offense :S (i think i miss a geared sun fac ship as reinforcement after zaul to let tie attack happen on defense...)
    I miss chimaera first time at 60/65 bistan U-wing xD (F2P fate...)
    But i think home one is the best option for a F2P player since AA is a good toon (while mace is so bad), and all other ships needed for a home one fleet to shine are also good chars (both ties, boba, zader, biggs... And just zaul, because i rarely call more than one reinforcement...).
    With home one u can almost instakill someone with dual assist, u can also clean ur Biggs TL once u delete his vader... Can also avoid reaper TM reduction killing ships arround it with AA assist atacks... And zaul+biggs or (even better) zaul+tie is a death sentence in offense once u call a reinforcement...
  • Options
    Excited!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    eabevella wrote: »
    I still need one refresh to 7* Home One (75/100). Now I'll just save my crystal for gears and kept using my 7* Executrix.

You'll be fine. If your Tarkin is geared the same as the opposing Thrawn, the Executrix is at least equal if not better with the right ship combination anyway.

ETA : Editorial aside, it is a cheap move by EA to put the event the day before Home One. Oh, and...oversight? smh.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • PiperSteed
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Kozi wrote at 8pm tonight that they see the conflict and they are addressing the issue
  • Options
    Agree, whether intentional or not, the scheduling of Chimaera vs Home One is going to be perceived as one of the most blatant money grabs I've seen on here, and that's saying something. Seriously??

Agreed, they don't care though. EA pays the bills.
  • Dgreaser
    218 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    tman135 wrote: »
    yeah just like you and your boyfriend u keep sticking up for

Dude , did you forget to take your medication or something ?
  • Options
    HOOKAY!

I take my hat off to thee. Thank you very much and have a great weekend :-)
  • Options
    HOOKAY!

Thank you @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    Does it mean we will get Home One event during Chimeare event?
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    What conflict......
    Now you get hate from everyone how refresht one time

Nobody who have refreshed one time would have known that it would have be enough. It is only with hindsight bias where that would have been true.
  • Options
    HOOKAY!

ohh Great :smile:

Thanks

• Options
    HOOKAY!

Wow. My jaw has officially dropped. I haven’t posted any complaints, but was definitely frustrated and wanted to. Really really appreciate it Kozi. Kinda makes me want to go buy some crystals now.
  • Options
    Why move the event dates around if Endurance cannot be used for the event?
  • Options
    PiperSteed wrote: »
    Why move the event dates around if Endurance cannot be used for the event?

To force you to buy a pack to finish home one, so you can 7* chimera. Typical behaviour, already predicted this
  • Options
    Chimera event before Home one, that's the point. You have to buy that 999 pack If you didn't buy that 800 crystal refresh. That's how they make money I guess.
  • Options
    Can we talk about gear requirements to 7*? I refreshed and have home one 7* as anybody should have done after seeing the requirements first go. The entitlement is rampant in this community and toxic. Guess what, kru will probably be required eventually too so start farming if you want the new fo first time. This game rewards people who manage resources, whether that be your credit card or your ftp earnings. Its a resource management game. Yeesh.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon much appreciated!
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Not sure about this move to redo the calendar. I get the anger that f2p have over that schedule, but at the same time, those who did use crystals (some even f2p use crystals on these things if you can imagine that !?!?!?!) to refresh Home One or get a pack or two to 7* the ship are a little undercut here. In all honesty, people who spend do so for an advantage, and it sounds like that advantage may have been taken away from some people who spent <cough>. Either way, it is what it is, and what's the use in complaining (vault-gate). I'm sure all those f2p out there who weren't ready for Chimeara will think this perspective is so much more wildly selfish than their own selfishness.
  • Options
    I think it’s the right move Yesac. They have set a precedent with every other legendary event by providing an opportunity to acquire the required toons just ahead of the event itself. (R2 before Luke, BB8 before Thrawn, etc) So I'm glad this won't be any different. Though I would have also been perfectly comfortable with a home one purchase pack. But from CGs point of view, I think it was a big oversight. They provided an incentive for people to spend to quickly acquire Chinenera (home one refreshes and packs) but the timing was off so it would be a missed revenue opportunity.
  • Options
    Sfortune wrote: »
    I think it’s the right move Yesac. They have set a precedent with every other legendary event by providing an opportunity to acquire the required toons just ahead of the event itself. (R2 before Luke, BB8 before Thrawn, etc) So I'm glad this won't be any different. Though I would have also been perfectly comfortable with a home one purchase pack. But from CGs point of view, I think it was a big oversight. They provided an incentive for people to spend to quickly acquire Chinenera (home one refreshes and packs) but the timing was off so it would be a missed revenue opportunity.

But, like, they DID give you that opportunity. Six times. Twice last month.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Yesac wrote: »
    Not sure about this move to redo the calendar. I get the anger that f2p have over that schedule, but at the same time, those who did use crystals (some even f2p use crystals on these things if you can imagine that !?!?!?!) to refresh Home One or get a pack or two to 7* the ship are a little undercut here. In all honesty, people who spend do so for an advantage, and it sounds like that advantage may have been taken away from some people who spent <cough>. Either way, it is what it is, and what's the use in complaining (vault-gate). I'm sure all those f2p out there who weren't ready for Chimeara will think this perspective is so much more wildly selfish than their own selfishness.

People who refreshed did so on speculation. They did it because they thought it was possible chimaera would come back first and wanted to play it safe. They knew they were taking the risk they would be wrong and that was their choice. They weren’t told it would be necessary. They aren’t entitled to anything if it gets changed.
  • choppermaker
    24 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    HOOKAY!

VERY much appreciated, Kozi. You have my thanks for bringing this up with the developer community, and coming back to the public quickly with a (very promising) response.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

People who refreshed did so on speculation. They did it because they thought it was possible chimaera would come back first and wanted to play it safe. They knew they were taking the risk they would be wrong and that was their choice. They weren’t told it would be necessary. They aren’t entitled to anything if it gets changed.

Why do people always bring up the word "entitled"? And now it's used by both sides so I'm not even sure what meaning it has. Isn't entitled usually used to describe how someone who hasn't put in work still want reward? So... do the people who complained about the calendar feel "entitled" to one more Home One event before Chimeara returns? Would you make that same statement about them?

Regardless, the Devs plan the schedule and if it is supposed to be another way, they'll change it. Oh well. I was just being honest about wanting an advantage in fleet arena, and that's why I spent the extra crystals for refreshes. I'm surprised they are going to change it to accommodate people who didn't spend crystals. This may be the first time ever.

Sfortune- r2 before CLS and bb8 before Rey are not the same as Home One before Chimeara, because Home One recurs more often, but I agree 100% that having the Home One event before Chimeara is best for everyone.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    this perspective is so much more wildly selfish than their own selfishness.

Yep, this is the only correct part of your comment. Those, who complained didn't do that in order to 'let ME have that, but no others'. You, on the other hand, did exactly that. This is the perfect example for selfishness.
    Liath wrote: »

^This.

Besides that, let me highlight one sentence of Kozi for all those who are frustrated thinking that this is the result of whining, and who think that only they are entitled to 7* Chimaera because of their super planning skills:

This was not our intention
  • Options
    HOOKAY!

@CG_Kozispoon

Whaaat? I have Home One at 7* and am FTP. I think it took one 800 gem refresh.
    If I have it....then everyone else had the chance as well.

Please leave the schedule as it is. Put a pack in the shop for the paying customers and have the rest of the ftp smurfs who did not invest in their home one sweat it out for a couple of months.

This discussion has been closed.