February speculation (MERGE)

Replies

• Options
    Hard to believe every player even close to level 85 doesn't have all of these at 7 * just by sheer default.
  • Options
    At least one confirmed is palpatine is getting a rework. Hopefully a zeta or two.
  • Options
    Kronen wrote: »
    At least one confirmed is palpatine is getting a rework. Hopefully a zeta or two.

Not necessarily confirmed...but you're right, it is highly suspected. It's also highly suspected that we're getting some new sith, but not sure what. Some say DS Anakin, some say Sion, some say Plagueis...though...oddly enough...I haven't seen anyone that has said Revan...
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Not necessarily confirmed...but you're right, it is highly suspected. It's also highly suspected that we're getting some new sith, but not sure what. Some say DS Anakin, some say Sion, some say Plagueis...though...oddly enough...I haven't seen anyone that has said Revan...

Revan was confirmed to not be coming into the game *anytime soon*, a Gamechanger posted a video about it
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »

Revan was confirmed to not be coming into the game *anytime soon*, a Gamechanger posted a video about it

People keep putting words in the devs mouths regarding Revan. They said the new feature the Gamechangers were invited out to test in February was not Revan. They made no indication whatsoever that Revan would or would not be coming.
  • Options
    It's going to be Plageuis with a Palpatine & Vader rework to make the sith viable in arena again. Master, apprentice, master, apprentice
    This is what the devs are working towards. Making more factions workable in the arena. It's be tough to make the sith arena viable again with just one toon rework.
  • Options
    capifico22 wrote: »
    Community is desperate for FREE reworks and F2P toons in long ignored shops. We've spent a crapton and need a break. Please just rework Palp/Vader and don't add a 3rd game version of each person.

Amen.

I've only been playing since last Spring and there's virtually nothing worthwhile left for me to farm in GW and Arena (admittedly I only have Asajj at 5 stars but not interested in building my NS team for now). Guild Store, I've got a couple I'll go for eventually. Fleet Store, same.

I'd suggest simply removing some of the character shards from those stores that no one ever farms (Gamorrean Guard, Mob Enforcer, Jedi Knight Guardian for example) and transition in newer characters. I'm not talking Talzin or Kylo Unmasked, but maybe a Krennic or Death Trooper? Krennic is only in Guild Events which means, unless you've geared everyone to G12 and have 7* Hermit Yoda/Yeti that's not a good way to spend Event points.

• Shots
    26 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    n/a
  • Options
    im kozi’s 4th cousins,aunt from her mothers side ,brother n laws,sisters baby daddy n i heard her say tht revan was comin in march. So u heard it here first. But shhh dont tell noone i told u i dont wanna get rumors started lol.
  • Antisora
    105 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »

People keep putting words in the devs mouths regarding Revan. They said the new feature the Gamechangers were invited out to test in February was not Revan. They made no indication whatsoever that Revan would or would not be coming.

No. The video very specifically said the devs informed them darth revan would not be coming to the game soon. The explanation was twofold-first that they want to save him for a time when player “engagement” (money spending) is low. Second-they won’t release him until relevant characters are available to use in his release.
  • Options
    He is comming.... Darth Jar Jar the Binks!
  • Options
    Mother Talzin!
    So they do release new sith!
    *Went panic farming SA and ST*
  • Options
    Sass... lol... right after it's "officially" announced revan is "forsure" not being released in feb... first login hero in like half a year I haven't had 7* already so... yeaaaa...i think... anyway, since the quote is from Big Papa Palps, I'd think it's a hint at his zeta, maybe Vader too... it just makes sense... it's what we been asking for, it's probably much easier to code than "I hate sand, "triggered" ani"
    Plagueius is the dark horse in this and could come outta left field like nihlus. (Would be kewl)

Or it could be Grevious's long awaited rework as a precursor to the highly anticipated droid rework...

Droids are very UNNATURAL fyi...

But since it's sith history month...

And since it's "UNATURAL" for EP or Vader to be in top meta teams here are some teaser ideas

Brainstorming...

EP basic inflicts a locked shock effect for 3 turns.
    EP aoe inflicts now inflicts shock, and if target already had shock, locks it for 3 turns.
    EP gains +5% speed for each buff & debuff on both enemies and allies.

Vaders basic never misses and cannot be countered.
    Vaders AOE applies 5 unresistable dots through foresight.
    Vaders culling blade grants him +40% TM per debuff on target enemy.
    Vader gets new Force Choke (starts on cooldown until vader uses all abilities) which reduces the targets protection to zero immediately and chokes them for 33% of there targets max hp each time Vader gets a turn or target enemy gets a turn until there HP is 1%.

Grevious basic deals additional dmg to Jedi.
    Grevious AOE now removes 50% TM from all enemies and is unavoidable and unresistable.
    Grevious's sinister Laugh now inflicts a locked health down and heal immunity until this ability is usable again and droids & seperatists gain 25% TM for each debuff applied and all other allies gain half of this TM.
    New unique that forces IG-100 to recover from all negative status effects and counter whenever grevious takes damage from any source and also forces IG-100 to taunt when grevious galls below 50% protection, 100% HP, 50% HP and 25% HP.
    Grevious's leadership now reduces all enemies crit chance by 50% and crit damage by 100% in addition all droids gain armor proportional to the amount protection lost, up to a 100% boost in armor.

The stuff of dreams...
  • Options
    Hope there is nothing extreme like release ridiculously strong new sith char in marquee event :expressionless:

Just give papa palpi the power he deserve as sith lord emperor
  • Options
    Still surprised that they are going to update existing characters that everyone already has in the game instead of just releasing multiple Palapatines and Vaders and selling them for $200-300 to the whales and dolphins and keeping them locked behind a paywall for months on end.
  • Options
    Krennic is hard node and that where I got him
  • Options
    It's spelled Darth Plagueis.
    "Plague" + -is
    No ridiculous spellings please! I can't laugh any longer..

And also .....
    Rogue One..
    Not Rouge One. Those are two completely different words in terms of meaning, and pronunciation.
  • Options
    Praetorian guards are garbage. I don't get all the hype. They were cheap imperial guard knock offs. They looked cheesy. Hux was a joke.... I'll take snoke if offered. TLJ toons are bantha fodder. Give us an OP sith already!!
  • Options
    HK_V8R wrote: »
    Gryf wrote: »
    Palp deserves a solid zeta and Vader needs a rework and a unique. If both of these were to happen, it would be fantastic

Here’s what I would love to see. Add a unique to each of them that they share, like a Biggs/Wedge combo.

Vader unique: Whenever Vader lands a critical hit dispel all buffs on that enemy. If the enemy had no buffs, inflict damage over time for 3 turns. If Palpatine is alive he also receives this ability.

Palpatine unique: Whenever Palpatine is evaded he gains 50% TM, gains offense up, and has his cooldowns reduced by 1. If Vader is alive he also receives this ability.

Those Uniques would bring balance to the meta. The combo with other empire/Sith would really destroy a resistance team that relies on buffs and foresight. Palpatine is still squishy though, and they are both slow, so they would still get bested by a CLS team, creating a rock/paper/scissors type effect between those 3 teams.

Add another unique for Vader: Whenever Palpatine is attacked, Vader will counter attack with more damage.

I was thinking about this the other day. What about a unique for Palp where he takes less damage while Vader is still alive? And/or they share his Crackling Doom.
  • Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    There still is the possibility of Darth Pelagius, although pretty unlikely because he's never been actually shown in star wars but thats what the quote is about.

If you are talking canon, will Nihilus wasn't even mentioned in any canon source. So, if you are including legends, then there is an entire book about Plagueis with cover art etc. There is certainly enough art work around to base a character off.
  • Options
    I just farmed Sith Assassin!

:smiley:
  • Options
    Should we panic farm SA ST and DN??
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Airwalker wrote: »

Your should have farmed DN single the very moment you could.
  • BP693_KAMIKAZEE
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    >>>>>>>READ.<<<<<<<<
    My "speculation" is that anakin is getting a bump and zeta along with palp. But here's the unnatural part. If anakin is on the team with palp, and he comes back to life maybe in stealth as dark side anakin with a special unique being "Persuaded by the dark side" with buffs and/or sith tag with removal of other tags.

This isn't going to happen. Lol
  • Options
    And that's pretty much a perfect speculation with the quote talking about bringing people back to lifr, this would be unnatural, and anakin art.. It's dark side related, maybe even gain sith tag buffs. Only thing is his name Jedi Knight Anakin ..
  • Options
    Airwalker wrote: »

1st: Depends how much you're interested in building a Sith team with them now

2nd: It's not likely, that there will be a new event requiring those specific units.

So maybe they will be reworked too, but normally....No, you don't need to panic farm them
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lol - if they require all 3 at 7* or something ridiculous like that, it's going to make it very easy to walk away from this game.

Meh. For people who have played a long time it isn't that big of a deal, and newer players shouldn't expect to get everything the first time around. Although it should be said that anyone who hasn't been farming Nihilus has been making a mistake. He isn't what he was before CLS, but is still one of the best characters in the game, especially for DS.
  • Options
    For people who have played a long time it isn't that big of a deal, and newer players shouldn't expect to get everything the first time around.

This.

(Or second, or third time around...me included.)

• Options
    You know, droids are not the only unnatural things in this game!
    Papa palp will get his flagship or the Deathstar (it‘s not a moon! A moon would be natural) giving the empire 3 capital ships ;-)
    (Not saying this happens.... just what can be read into such things...)

Just a random serious thought, do you think we could end up with Sith Navy at some point? Sith Fighters, old Interdictor-class "Stardestroyers", etc?

Back to seriously looking into OT:
    So we get Sith Assassine for Sith-February. Are there more old Sith Empire generics or not so much vanilla troops? I think I have read some article recently, that they had battle droids and predecessors of the droideka?
  • Options
    Atrreyu wrote: »
    Praetorian guards are garbage. I don't get all the hype. They were cheap imperial guard knock offs. They looked cheesy. Hux was a joke.... I'll take snoke if offered. TLJ toons are bantha fodder. Give us an OP sith already!!

Don‘t agree. At least cinematic wise they did more than the Royal Guard in all movies combined...