Revealed: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    Lmao u guys that were laughing an sayin ok my ns are safe vader and pap will only ruin the cls meta,did u not watch all the video?vader n pap were literally destroying the ns even faster than they were destroying the rjt or cls metas. This rework is gonna add a lot of variety to arena. There is so many diff team combinations u can run with pap n vader an be great. So for u guys tht said oo my ns are safe i suggest u go back n watch the videos again lol. Their aoe dmg laid the smack down on those walkers lol. Im so excited. I just got done building up my ns an had two zetas saved for talzin but was waiting to see wht pap got an man im so glad I waited
  • Options
    Memba when they gifted everyone with a Boba re-work/freebie and you had him near maxed already? Why not, you zeta'd him and spent all that gear on him. Now he sits besides you in regretsitville.

Sincerly,

Everyone that tried to make Krooper a thing.
  • Options
    So Vader goes first now,loads up debuffs which are then cleansed by r2, chirrut and Luke which then gives 0% total tm because cleanse is not expire.

And shock doesn’t stick around so palpatine won’t do much.

Thanks for nothing I guess. 2nd failed rework. Lol

Regards
    The only empire player on my shard.
  • Options
    Cleanse counts as a debuff expiring. For evidence of this, take a look at Vader's leader zeta. Enemies immediately regain Damage over Time when Damage over Time expires. Cleansed DOTs return after they're cleansed under a zVader lead. That's the whole point.
  • Options
    Well I would suggest you go try it and tell me, find a fulcrum Ashoka and tell me how many times the dots reapply.
  • Options
    This rework would make more sense 3 months ago. Or 6 months ago... Anyway im not touching DV and EP until i see the content of the main update. Too hard to farm zetas and g12 gear.
  • Options
    Toots wrote: »
    So Vader goes first now,loads up debuffs which are then cleansed by r2, chirrut and Luke which then gives 0% total tm because cleanse is not expire.

And shock doesn’t stick around so palpatine won’t do much.

Thanks for nothing I guess. 2nd failed rework. Lol

Regards
    The only empire player on my shard.

They count as expired and shock does stick around if you build the right teams. These reworks seem great. but still we shouldn't jump to conclusions until it's live.

Regards,

The only Empire player on my shard.
  • Sawyerstooth
    341 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well I would suggest you go try it and tell me, find a fulcrum Ashoka and tell me how many times the dots reapply.

ATF is immune to DoTs. She auto-cleanses the Speed Down, but the DoTs were never there.
  • Options
    Probably a bug on my device then. They get cleansed for me and never reapply.its why I don’t use him on the tank, because they don’t refresh on the tank either.

It doesn’t matter either way, raid han goes first and stuns Vader then r2 andluke justkeep him stun locked meanwhile Luke gains the tm instantly while Vader’s stunned waiting for debuffs that last for three turns to expire, so he can gain a whole 5% per. I mean, I’m no expert, but why would I want to gain tm at the end of the rebels turn when it’s most likely my turn anyway?
  • Options
    I hope there is an event that accompanies this update. maybe a villain journey : great jedi purge against kirak infila, conclave on kessel, etc
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Probably a bug on my device then. They get cleansed for me and never reapply.its why I don’t use him on the tank, because they don’t refresh on the tank either.

It doesn’t matter either way, raid han goes first and stuns Vader then r2 andluke justkeep him stun locked meanwhile Luke gains the tm instantly while Vader’s stunned waiting for debuffs that last for three turns to expire, so he can gain a whole 5% per. I mean, I’m no expert, but why would I want to gain tm at the end of the rebels turn when it’s most likely my turn anyway?

Raid han does first and stuns Vader ---

Ok, makes sense, han also should lose about 6k health just from attacking this turn. I can't really counter argue anything else for this besides the fact that Vader with good mods should be around 300 speed vs you. So the stun isn't gonna last long.

--- then r2 andluke justkeep him stun locked meanwhile Luke gains the tm instantly while Vader’s stunned waiting for debuffs ---

So your r2 and luke just somehow keep Vader stunlocked the entire match ? That's your game plan here? Like I said before Vader in this fight with decent mods will be around 300+ speed. Everytime your Luke gives out tm and makes your rebels faster, you got to remember they are losing chunks of hp each time they move. Thrawn will probably be with Vader and Palp, he counters your "magical stunlock" strategy by having a cleanse and a tm swap. Vader doesn't need to wait for debuffs for tm gain. He can gain 100% tm after his aoe under Palp L, along with 100% health. He also can ability block your toons at will. He also has a possible OHKO.
    Meanwhile your zolo just lost like 18k hp from using his 3 turn combo, Luke's tmr moves won't work on Vader.

Man, Vader and palp with thrawn and 2 more will shut down cls squads, trust me. All of your cls tm gain is working against them, basically killing themselves. Vader is a speed demo at 300 speed, gaining 20% tm and 20% health everytime his basic hits one of your rebels.
  • Options

Considering you've just said your zader isn't working as intended that's a pretty relaxed response. I'd have been kicking off left right and centre about it having spent all those resources.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

Considering you've just said your zader isn't working as intended that's a pretty relaxed response. I'd have been kicking off left right and centre about it having spent all those resources.

Your zader L doesn't give out perma-dots while he is alive? That would be a major bug lol.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Darth Vader Thrawn Emperor Palpatine +2 could be the new meta imo. Not sure which two though.

I'm trying CLS and R2 with them
  • Options
    Any idea or clue in tbe post of the rework date?
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I don't really understand how CLS is still relevant to counter. If it isn't good against Jedi Rey, it isn't gonna be relevant.
  • Options
    This is literally their 3rd rework! They got a rework with sith and empire (not 100% sure on empire) and now we get ANOTHER rework?!?! Ok Palp was a Jedi killer BEFORE the rework, now using Ezra and other jedi will be impossible. EA plz rework some Jedi!

I think it will be the next move.
  • Options
    Memba when they gifted everyone with a Boba re-work/freebie and you had him near maxed already? Why not, you zeta'd him and spent all that gear on him. Now he sits besides you in regretsitville.

I use him, even without the Zeta, as a lead in phase 4 of the tank raid. 50% critical damage with adding a 10% critical chance? Yes please! Especially with Ventress!
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    T4NM4N26 wrote: »
    When does this go live?

Usually a couple of days after it's announced. At least that's what I've noticed about these updates in the past.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    Can we get clarification on Crackling Doom, please? If it's a squad of rebel scum and say Han goes first, does ALL the rebel filth take damage, or just Han?
  • Options
    Arcaver wrote: »
    Can we get clarification on Crackling Doom, please? If it's a squad of rebel scum and say Han goes first, does ALL the rebel filth take damage, or just Han?

Just Han...Solo.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    lovemat wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »
    Darth Vader Thrawn Emperor Palpatine +2 could be the new meta imo. Not sure which two though.

I'm trying CLS and R2 with them

Shore and Boba/Tarkin might fit better.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options

@Toots
    They dont get cleansed: They were never applied. ATF is completely immune to Dots the same way Vader is now immune to tm reduction
  • Options
    if you only check one of the videos watch Ahnaldt101 it is definitely the best
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Ok, makes sense, han also should lose about 6k health just from attacking this turn. I can't really counter argue anything else for this besides the fact that Vader with good mods should be around 300 speed vs you. So the stun isn't gonna last long.

--- then r2 andluke justkeep him stun locked meanwhile Luke gains the tm instantly while Vader’s stunned waiting for debuffs ---

So your r2 and luke just somehow keep Vader stunlocked the entire match ? That's your game plan here? Like I said before Vader in this fight with decent mods will be around 300+ speed. Everytime your Luke gives out tm and makes your rebels faster, you got to remember they are losing chunks of hp each time they move. Thrawn will probably be with Vader and Palp, he counters your "magical stunlock" strategy by having a cleanse and a tm swap. Vader doesn't need to wait for debuffs for tm gain. He can gain 100% tm after his aoe under Palp L, along with 100% health. He also can ability block your toons at will. He also has a possible OHKO.
    Meanwhile your zolo just lost like 18k hp from using his 3 turn combo, Luke's tmr moves won't work on Vader.

Man, Vader and palp with thrawn and 2 more will shut down cls squads, trust me. All of your cls tm gain is working against them, basically killing themselves. Vader is a speed demo at 300 speed, gaining 20% tm and 20% health everytime his basic hits one of your rebels.

This . Brilliant.
    And while were talking about what ifs . What if vader palp team also have solo and they go first :)
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

This . Brilliant.
    And while were talking about what ifs . What if vader palp team also have solo and they go first :)

The thing is, they don't even need zolo for his shoot first ability. Thier tm gain, vaders speed, the debuff train, and the health gain is insane.

Imagine mid-match a 300 Speed Vader using his aoe
    Then he gains 100% tm and health under Palp L,
    Then uses Culling blade to kill someone which also gives him another 100% tm
    And then he finishes with his basic landing an unresistable ability block...giving him another 20% tm and health.

Will be devastating for cls rebel squads.
  • Options
    Meh. How many days until they release one or two light-side reworks, intended to make short work of this DS rework?

After the DS packs go out of sale, you can bet this "new meta" will get extremely easy to counter again (and the LS will once again be what you're intended to play with). Happened with Maul, Palpatine, Nihilus (and maybe other DS toons I'm not remembering right now).
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    I think they are still weak. If not why using GK in showcase video.. Does tank that empire/sith have is so bad so that they need help from LS to face meta team? hmm

Your point is invalid.

The meta used to be triple cleanse... with GK as a member.

CLS completely destroyed the triple cleanse meta. What tank was primary used with him? GK

JTR unseated the CLS meta. What tank is currently used with JTR? GK

Nightsisters are the counter meta currently. Guess who's in the most popular NS teams. GK

If you're trying to say that they aren't good because they need GK... well then. They'll fit right in.

What i'm saying is it's mislead, the video hide what DS chars lack of: a reliable cleanser. Also we don't know how beefy this new rework bcause GK take the heat.
  • Options
    Good thing i'm still quite invested with my Dark Side toons specially Palp! UNLIMITEEEEEED POWEEEEEER!
  • Options
    Does this rework apply to the current event? Will we see a tougher EP in the event..making noobs impossible to get him?