Adaptive F2P Guide 2.0

Replies

• Ez0ghul
    28 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Azeotrope wrote: »
    @Ez0ghul Have you found a discord for our arena shard?

Not yet, I think @Therion is in our shard and have commented on this thread before.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Ez0ghul wrote: »

Not yet, I think @Therion is in our shard and have commented on this thread before.

He is in my guild, I'll send a discord message that you guys are looking for him.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So how is your arena shard going after Vader/EP rework guys? I have seen these days a few shardmates using EP, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin, Boba and climbing fastly to top 10 and even top 5 without no problem, I guess it's mainly because my shard is full NS/Nix squads.

I'm wondering for those who have taken phoenix route like me if it won't be more befenicial to get Nix to 7* (I'm almost done) and stop gearing them (they G7 except Hera G8). Then start asap maxing and gearing those empire characters which seem to wreck NS/Nix easily. What do you think?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I've switched. I was falling twice as much as before the rework though that could be as much because palpatine is around as because of the rework, My empire team team is lower gear than my phoenix team and not all abilities are maxed but I beat wiggs/chaze and phoenix teams that are higher gear.

The question though is when to switch. Also how much of my success comes from 7 star thrawn. He is massively important to me my team but I don't know how much of this is because he is 7 star. I believe your thrawn is lower. I don't know how much that will expose you.

Also remember to come back to phoenix to gear them enough to finish the next Thrawn event that comes around.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    I've switched. I was falling twice as much as before the rework though that could be as much because palpatine is around as because of the rework, My empire team team is lower gear than my phoenix team and not all abilities are maxed but I beat wiggs/chaze and phoenix teams that are higher gear.

The question though is when to switch. Also how much of my success comes from 7 star thrawn. He is massively important to me my team but I don't know how much of this is because he is 7 star. I believe your thrawn is lower. I don't know how much that will expose you.

Also remember to come back to phoenix to gear them enough to finish the next Thrawn event that comes around.

That's what I'm talking about! I have been in top 20 easily and since the rework I have fallen to top 21-40 and having a hard time when trying to climb because Nix vs Nix are becoming harder and harder. Plus Nix vs Empire as I said they just wreck me so my only option is NS.

I suppose your shard is older than mine, mine is only 1 month and a half more or less. My EP is 6* because I haven't finished my phoenix (I just need 5-6 days) and my Thrawn is only 5*, I just got him 2 weeks after I started playing. However I don't think it should be a problem having him only 5* as long as I gear all of them and switch my mods from phoenix to empire.

The good thing about my shard is that from the top 50, 34 are Nix/Classic rebels (including me), 10 are NS and the other 6 are empire. I have taken a look to those 6 guys and surprisingly they don't use Thrawn (they don't even have him in their collection) so it's good for me.

I guess I should switch as soon as possible before the rest realise how good Empire does against Nix. EP (L), Thrawn, Vader, Tarkin and Boba should serve me well until I decide which 5th empire character (Stormy or TFP) should I farm to replace Boba.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Farm both. TFL has one of the best ships in the game and can be a key part in a rancour solo and stormy is actual tank and you need that.
  • Options
    That raises the question of how far do you need to star Boba in the near term. He's needed both for fleet and credit heist, but on the other hand Stormtrooper is needed for Arena with that setup. Hmmm.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    That raises the question of how far do you need to star Boba in the near term. He's needed both for fleet and credit heist, but on the other hand Stormtrooper is needed for Arena with that setup. Hmmm.

Well i went in stages, i 7 starred boba just before i hit level 70 as i needed him stronger then for tier iii credit heists.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Honestly I don't know which one (Stormy or TFP) would be more useful for that arena squad. Farming TFP convince me more than Stormy because he gives me more options in fleet plus I can continue farming Boba from store. However, I'm not sure how much will I suffer in arena if I choose TFP instead of Stormy.

P.S: I can complete tier II credit heist with my Boba 5* and Lando 4* so it isn't a problem for now.
  • Options
    ManuG wrote: »
    I guess I should switch as soon as possible before the rest realise how good Empire does against Nix. EP (L), Thrawn, Vader, Tarkin and Boba should serve me well until I decide which 5th empire character (Stormy or TFP) should I farm to replace Boba.

Palpatine's reworked unique and leadership abilities are the key to Empire doing so well against rebels. So if people in your shard don't get Palpatine or decide not to use him, you'll be at an advantage.
  • Options
    What do you guys think about this site that advises on which mods to use for each character? For Tarkin for example it says all potency but that seems kind of wild.

http://gaming-fans.com/2017/04/swgoh-best-mods-grand-moff-tarkin/
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    What do you guys think about this site that advises on which mods to use for each character? For Tarkin for example it says all potency but that seems kind of wild.

Have you read Tarkin's kit

Basic: Tarkin gains 50% potency stackingnuntil the next time ultimate firepower is used

Special this attack gains offense equal to double Tarkin's potency %

Unique Tarkin gains defense equal to his potency % and 20% potency per debuffed enemy

Tarkin really benefits from potency
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Pls don't use sites like those. Hardcoded sites are the worst, they age awfully. You can check post date - 27 april 2017. A lot has changed since then. Basically every character has different "BEST" mod setups depending on hi usage: Arena, raid, TB and so on. Tarkin - as a fairly squishy unit benefits the most from speed an potency sets + protection primaries. It doesn't matter that he can pack a punch if he's OHKO'd in second round.
    Best suggestion for mods is the site I suggested - crouching rancor. As an overall best option I suggest you use a swgoh bot on discord. They are constantly updated and give best mod setups for different game modes. Most popular and best is:
    - SWGoHBot: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6qc6sl/swgoh_bot_for_discord/?st=jdl0su5b&sh=5dc2a109
    - JediStarBot https://jedistar.jimdo.com/jedistar-bot/
    - AP-5R Protocol Droid https://discordapp.com/invite/H7fzyH3

They have a lot of other functionalities like judging your TB preparation, suggesting best raid setups and more.
    Post edited by wawrzon on
  • Options
    Awesome, thank you. I am really impressed with how deep this game is, especially for a mobile game.
  • metikulous
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Do you guys think it's worth replacing a Phoenix squad member for Emperor Palpatine to help improve the odds fighting phoenix/rebel teams and if so, who?

Current Squad (70)
    Ezra 7* G8
    Chopper 7* G8 tomorrow
    Kanan 7* G8
    Hera 7* G8
    Zeb 7* G8

Alternatives
    Emperor Palpatine 7* G8
    Boba Fett 6* G8
    Vader 4* G7 (5* in a fleet shipment or two)
    Thrawn 5* G6

Working on unlocking stormtrooper and starring tie fighter pilot but it'll be a while. Got beat by a palp/vader/thrawn/ezra/hera squad pretty handily so I've been thinking of mixing it up as well instead of waiting for empire toons to be ready.
  • Options
    If you're running Palpatine in arena, he should be the leader and your other characters should be either Empire, Sith, or interchangeable. Since a Phoenix team needs Hera to be leader, I don't know a way to fit the Emperor into your current team without wrecking their synergy. For a different vibe to your existing team, I'd throw in a more interchangeable or plug and play character, like Thrawn or Boba Fett. They're good on any team and can fit a role even in an established team.
  • metikulous
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    If you're running Palpatine in arena, he should be the leader and your other characters should be either Empire, Sith, or interchangeable. Since a Phoenix team needs Hera to be leader, I don't know a way to fit the Emperor into your current team without wrecking their synergy. For a different vibe to your existing team, I'd throw in a more interchangeable or plug and play character, like Thrawn or Boba Fett. They're good on any team and can fit a role even in an established team.

Just for funsies I used 2 of my arena battles way before payout time to see how it would work. Shock is just disgustingly powerful against Phoenix. The damage done, especially to kanan and ezra, along with healing/buff/tm immunity leaves only protection to get through. Hera (l), ezra, zeb, kanan, palpatine with all assists going to palpatine. Land shock first on kanan, the only cleanser on the team, and you have free reign to do what you want. Save backup plan and protection ups for palpatine if needed but with all the shocks/stuns you should be fine.

Defense, on the other hand, is probably an entirely different story. Palp won't have the health/protection regen, terrible AI, and players will rush him down. It was fun though. I'll see how far I fall with him slotted before trying to climb again for payout.

Can't wait for my empire squad to get rolling. Might even spend some saved up shards for shore.

Edit: maybe switch out zeb for chopper on defense for another taunt to help palp.
  • Options
    metikulous wrote: »

Just for funsies I used 2 of my arena battles way before payout time to see how it would work. Shock is just disgustingly powerful against Phoenix. The damage done, especially to kanan and ezra, along with healing/buff/tm immunity leaves only protection to get through. Hera (l), ezra, zeb, kanan, palpatine with all assists going to palpatine. Land shock first on kanan, the only cleanser on the team, and you have free reign to do what you want. Save backup plan and protection ups for palpatine if needed but with all the shocks/stuns you should be fine.

Defense, on the other hand, is probably an entirely different story. Palp won't have the health/protection regen, terrible AI, and players will rush him down. It was fun though. I'll see how far I fall with him slotted before trying to climb again for payout.

Can't wait for my empire squad to get rolling. Might even spend some saved up shards for shore.

Edit: maybe switch out zeb for chopper on defense for another taunt to help palp.

Removing one phoenix from the squad reduce his potential so much imo. I have two guys on my shard who run Phoenix + Palpatine/Thrawn as their fifth instead of Chopper/Zeb and they are easy targets. From my point of view, the key for those as me who are in a fresh shard is start farming your Empire as soon as your phoenix are 7*.

My arena shard is between 40k-50k power and a few guys who are currently running Empire squads with 25-30k of power are wrecking us down easily due to the amount of phoenix/NS squads.
  • Options

Removing one phoenix member from the squad reduce considerably his potential imo. There are a two guys in my shard who are running phoenix squad + Palpatine/Thrawn as their fifth and I have to admit they are easy targets. From my point of view, they key for those as me who are in a fresh shard running phoenix is to start farming your Empire toons as soon as your phoenix are 7* and use them as your main arena squad.

There are a few guys in my shard who are currently running Empire squads with 20-30k of power and they are destroying us easily. Consider that my shard is between 40k-50k max of power.
  • Options

Removing one phoenix member from the squad reduce considerably his potential imo. There are a two guys in my shard who are running phoenix squad + Palpatine/Thrawn as their fifth and I have to admit they are easy targets. From my point of view, they key for those as me who are in a fresh shard running phoenix is to start farming your Empire toons as soon as your phoenix are 7* and use them as your main arena squad.

There are a few guys in my shard who are currently running Empire squads with 20-30k of power and they are destroying us easily. Consider that my shard is between 40k-50k max of power.

I agree. Average power level in my range is 47k - 57k power getting in to top 50. Just growing tired of having to fight other Phoenix teams and getting a stalemate if things don't line up to take someone down. I might try boba this weekend and see how his ignore taunt and execute might help but mostly wanted to try something different.

Do you think Palp(l), vader, boba/ezra, stormtrooper, and KRU would be decent? Eventually I'd replace boba/ezra with another empire character like thrawn or tfp when I can 7* them. KRU is mostly because I've been working on his ship for fleet. Decent toughness and some self healing. Checked crystal cost on Shoretrooper and just to unlock him is like ~$30 at 3* much less getting him to 7*.
  • Options

I agree, just got tired of the slog fighting other Phoenix teams. So...many...Phoenix squads.

Might try Palp (l), vader, boba/ezra, and 2 other tanks that won't synergize well (kanan/chopper) or be undergeared (stormtrooper/sth/kru). If things don't go well I'll swap back to Phoenix. Goal right now is just to stay in top 50 for payout.
  • Options

I agree, just got tired of the slog fighting other Phoenix teams. So...many...Phoenix squads.

Might try Palp (l), vader, boba/ezra, and 2 other tanks that won't synergize well (kanan/chopper) or be undergeared (stormtrooper/sth/kru). If things don't go well I'll swap back to Phoenix. Goal right now is just to stay in top 50 for payout.

These empire squads I have on my shard are max 5* and they are doing pretty well. I'm currently working on EP (L) 6*, Vader 4*, Thrawn 5*, MGT 4* and Boba 5* (until I star up a little bit more TFP then swap for Boba).

My plan is to switch when they are all G7 and put my phoenix mods to them and try. I'm not particulary worried about stars since they should work fine if they are good-geared and modded plus I'm about finishing my kannan 7* so I can start with Tarkin and I'm also farming Vader/Wedge from fleet store.

I hope to post the results in a week or so :)
  • Options

These empire squads I have on my shard are max 5* and they are doing pretty well. I'm currently working on EP (L) 6*, Vader 4*, Thrawn 5*, MGT 4* and Boba 5* (until I star up a little bit more TFP then swap for Boba).

My plan is to switch when they are all G7 and put my phoenix mods to them and try. I'm not particulary worried about stars since they should work fine if they are good-geared and modded plus I'm about finishing my kannan 7* so I can start with Tarkin and I'm also farming Vader/Wedge from fleet store.

I hope to post the results in a week or so :)

No tank will be interesting but hopefully you get some good results. I think having to switch mods between when I want to clear Galactic War (phoenix) and Squad Arena (empire) would be annoying but I guess we'll see. I'm probably going to finish starring Boba (9 days) before continuing on Stormtrooper. He's too useful in multiple areas to leave undone.

Once that's done then I'll work on Stormtrooper + Stormtrooper Han. Enemy TM loss or team TM gain depending on which tank you hit and he's got the stormtrooper armor already so it sorta works.

• Options
    I'm looking forward to using an Empire team in arena, but mine isn't powerful enough yet. I want them to be at least roughly equivalent to or better than my Phoenix squad in power rating before switching teams.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to using an Empire team in arena, but mine isn't powerful enough yet. I want them to be at least roughly equivalent to or better than my Phoenix squad in power rating before switching teams.

Mine is a gear level behind and doing similarly in arena now.

Empire team, 1 gear x and 4 gear viii, phoenix team 3 gear x and 2 gear ix. Also some of my empire team haven't completed abilities.
  • Options

I think the problem with this is that if you wait too much before switch to an empire team equal to your phoenix squad, the rest of the shard could also do the same and you won't have any advantage against them.

Notice what I said before, a few guys with empire squads of 20k-30k of power are beating many phoenix squads of 40k-50k of power due to the EP/Vader rework or at least that is what happens in my shard.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    hmm... maybe so. But my concern is based on another guy in my arena who's using a 40k Empire team (my Phoenix is 60k, which is similar to most teams I see) and I can beat them easily with my Phoenix team. And my best Empire team is worse than that.

This is my current Phoenix team: https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/squads/26311/

And this is my Empire team I'm going to be working on for R2D2: https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/squads/33945/
    (also have 6* gear 6 level 68 Thrawn, if it would help to swap out somebody for a better arena team)

which would you use?
    Post edited by Kai_Mulai on
  • Options
    hmm... maybe so. But my concern is based on another guy in my arena who's using a 40k Empire team (my Phoenix is 60k, which is similar to most teams I see) and I can beat them easily with my Phoenix team. And my best Empire team is worse than that.

And this is my Empire team I'm going to be working on for R2D2: https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/squads/33945/
    (also have 6* gear 6 level 68 Thrawn, if it would help to swap out somebody for a better arena team)

which would you use?

In all honestly i would go for Royal Guard IMO
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

which would you use?

I would stay with phoenix squad until:

- You gear up Thrawn to G7 (he is too good) and swap him for Stormy or TFP. If you can star up Stormy to 5* and gear him to 7 it would be nice since he will be equal to your TFP 5* G7 and you will just have to test which one benefits you more.

Keep focus dude :)
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

I wouldn't, the reason is simply because he already has Boba/Chopper 7* so he can spend all his cantina tokens in Stormy which makes him easier to farm than RG.

• Options

which would you use?

I would stay with phoenix squad until:

- You gear up Thrawn to G7 (he is too good) and swap him for Stormy or TFP. If you can star up Stormy to 5* and gear him to 7 it would be nice since he will be equal to your TFP 5* G7 and you will just have to test which one benefits you more.

Keep focus dude :)
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

I wouldn't, the reason is simply because he already has Boba/Chopper 7* so he can spend all his cantina tokens in Stormy which makes him easier to farm than RG.