Adaptive F2P Guide 2.0

Replies

• Options
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    hmm... maybe so. But my concern is based on another guy in my arena who's using a 40k Empire team (my Phoenix is 60k, which is similar to most teams I see) and I can beat them easily with my Phoenix team. And my best Empire team is worse than that.

This is my current Phoenix team: https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/squads/26311/

And this is my Empire team I'm going to be working on for R2D2: https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/squads/33945/
    (also have 6* gear 6 level 68 Thrawn, if it would help to swap out somebody for a better arena team)

which would you use?

I would stay with Phoenix squad until:

- You gear up Thrawn to G7 (he is too good) and swap him for Stormy or TFP. I think the best idea is to gear up also Stormy to G7 and start him to 5* so he will be equal to your TFP, then you will just have to test both and choose which one benefits your arena squad more.
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    hmm... maybe so. But my concern is based on another guy in my arena who's using a 40k Empire team (my Phoenix is 60k, which is similar to most teams I see) and I can beat them easily with my Phoenix team. And my best Empire team is worse than that.

This is my current Phoenix team: https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/squads/26311/

And this is my Empire team I'm going to be working on for R2D2: https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/squads/33945/
    (also have 6* gear 6 level 68 Thrawn, if it would help to swap out somebody for a better arena team)

which would you use?

In all honestly i would go for Royal Guard IMO

I wouldn't. The reason is simply because he already has Chopper and Boba 7* so he can spend all his cantina tokens in Stormy making him a quick and easy farm than RG. It's true that RG is in 7-C cantina node but at his point I guess he may want to farm any other better toon like Wedge or even TFP for ships.
  • Options
    Welp, for better or worse I decided to be bit of a guppy and get shore unlocked at 3*. Not taking him further because when I unlock his node I'll still have to farm it for his ship anyways. Also unlocked stormtrooper so now I just need more credits to bring them up to level and more gear to bring them up to snuff. Also more ability materials...

It'll be interesting when I am able to start arena with this team. I'm sure storm and shore being 3 stars will make me a target but thankfully palp leadership and trooper bonuses for each other should help a bit. Hopefully this empire team will be able to clear Galactic War nearly as well as Phoenix then I can be done with them for the most part. Upgrade them just enough for thrawn to upgrade from 5* to 7* and work on their ships for Chimera.
  • Options
    Is Stormtrooper or Royal Guard a better tank for an Emperor team? Normally ST is easier to farm but I have so many RG shards from bronziums that I'm tempted to go that way if he is actually better. Seems like on defense in particular he might be good if they focus on EP then he taunts then EP gets life back then he taunts again if the taunt was dispelled.
  • Options
    Is Stormtrooper or Royal Guard a better tank for an Emperor team? Normally ST is easier to farm but I have so many RG shards from bronziums that I'm tempted to go that way if he is actually better. Seems like on defense in particular he might be good if they focus on EP then he taunts then EP gets life back then he taunts again if the taunt was dispelled.

Stormtrooper.

It is more versatile choice. Its defense and toughness will help your squad more.

You will change it to shoretrooper and/or sith trooper later on though.
  • BiigsBob
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @wawrzon

Think it's another time to trim the guide a bit.

1. Ashoka can be dropped. Not end game fleet.

Def. mod 3* can wait for much later. (Credits are always short for mod shipment, so it is for end game.)

2. KRU is very cheap units with fleet. And powerful fleet it is.

- So. FOST on hard nodes can be dropped. (I did FOST farming and was always short on gear)

3. Jedi consular and chewie should be dropped too i think.

- LS fleet can survive without JC.

- credit heist dont have star restriction. so lando/sthan/boba are enough even for last tier. (with other lowest star scoundrels of course. That would be free chewie and other)
  • Options
    I think you need the scoundrels at 5* for the crit mods.

Agree about Ashoka though. I wish I had done Sabine and Phantom earlier instead of her.
  • Options
    I think you need the scoundrels at 5* for the crit mods.

Agree about Ashoka though. I wish I had done Sabine and Phantom earlier instead of her.

Yes you are right.

But farming scoundrel can wait till much later.

• Options
    The ahsoka point is really fair but I have found her to be a useful short term toon for her dispel early. Don't love her but she has some utility. I've been starting to prioritize unlocking 5's and his ship as her basic replacement. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Also what are your personal end game fleet plans as fleet planning still confuses me. Who are your 5 DS ships for zeta challenge? I'm aiming for slave1, tfp, fotp, atf, and maybe kru ship (but that's two from cantina and I still don't have boba to 7 or wedge). Need some guidance. Thanks a bunch.
  • Options
    Is there any recommended way to approach mods when you switch from Phoenix to your next team (Wiggs or Empire). If you take all your mods off Phoenix and put them on the new team that gimps two of your ships for fleet and it make GW difficult. On the other hand farming new mods especially if you get fancier than just health and go for things like crit would require a fair bit of extra farming, delaying the transition to your new team that is badly needed at already by that point. My tentative plan is to just farm a temporary health set for Empire to use while I work on a more long term set. I figure even when sub optimal lower level mods, Empire will be a lot more successful than Phoenix once they are geared and starred.
  • Options
    Is there any recommended way to approach mods when you switch from Phoenix to your next team (Wiggs or Empire). If you take all your mods off Phoenix and put them on the new team that gimps two of your ships for fleet and it make GW difficult. On the other hand farming new mods especially if you get fancier than just health and go for things like crit would require a fair bit of extra farming, delaying the transition to your new team that is badly needed at already by that point. My tentative plan is to just farm a temporary health set for Empire to use while I work on a more long term set. I figure even when sub optimal lower level mods, Empire will be a lot more successful than Phoenix once they are geared and starred.

For your fleet pilots you only need maxed out mods to get max bonus - stats don't matter. SO Give them any useless 5* mods lvl 12 or 15 if you can afford it. Because of assists and retaliation all phoenix need to get through GW is health set mods with protection on them. Slap some crit on Ezra and potency cross on zeb/hera if you have any and they should be good to go. If you don't have them go for health/protection primaries on circle/triangle and crosses.
  • Options
    Thanks. I am glad I can switch to new team soon because it’s getting rough keeping rank with Phoenix since I stopped investing in them in favor of readying Empire.
  • Options
    Prior to level 85, is it better to spend your extra crystals on more refreshes (beyond 3x energy, 3x cantina) or is it better to save to spend on end game gear? Thanks to this guide I am earning enough crystals for the 3x, 3x every day and still starting to stockpile a bit of a surplus.
  • Options
    I just finished my 7* phoenix with everyone at G8 and level 70. Pondering hard on what to do next. I have 6* G8 Tarkin, 6* EP, 5* Thrawn, 5* Boba and 4* Vader. I'm guessing that's too weak to work up to an empire arena team?

4* Biggs, 3* STH, 4* Lando. Pretty weak there too. I'm a clean slate for the midgame! lol.

What do you guys recommend for the next transition? Traditional Rex?

https://swgoh.gg/u/zhpkiller/
  • BiigsBob
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    zhpkiller wrote: »
    I just finished my 7* phoenix with everyone at G8 and level 70. Pondering hard on what to do next. I have 6* G8 Tarkin, 6* EP, 5* Thrawn, 5* Boba and 4* Vader. I'm guessing that's too weak to work up to an empire arena team?

4* Biggs, 3* STH, 4* Lando. Pretty weak there too. I'm a clean slate for the midgame! lol.

What do you guys recommend for the next transition? Traditional Rex?

https://swgoh.gg/u/zhpkiller/

3 suggestions. - Rebels/EP/Rex.

=====================

1. Rebel.

At level 71, you are opened to farm Wedge.

So it will be Wedge/Biggs/Lando/Boba/Sthan.(with R2/OB substitute)

* But due to so many phoenix squads are being used at current new shards, everyone are preparing for DS. When those squads settle, you may have very difficult time with above team.

2. DS

You seem to have core characters.

So it will be EP(L), Vader, Thrawn (core) and for the moment Tarkin and a tank.

Even with low star, I think this team can defeat any Phoenix squads. (you seem to be in good rank with 5th. Your shard has many phoenix squads right, I presume? Why not stop at your current gear level and go for DS)

You definetely need a tank(even 2) to protect EP.

For the r2 event you need empire squad anyway. But due to your level, you can't get hands on Shore Trooper. So my choice will be Storm Trooper for the tank as multi purpose. (ST became farmable at cantina battle store, should be easy farm. Magma trooper is terrible atm.)

3. Rex.

With so many EP squad around, Rex became OK choice than before I think.

Wawrzon recommended Rex, wiggs(RHan,DN, AOE optional), Boba(R2), SThan(GK).

This team can defeat mediocre modded DS debuffing teams.

=====================

At your present stage, I think "2.DS" squad is easiest to build, because you already have EP/Thrawn/Vader (You definetely need to start using Thrawn. Even at 5* it is very good character)

Rex maybe good as anti-EP.

But again, it all comes down to who got better mods.
  • Happening430
    22 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm noticing that the people on my shard who went for KRU are pulling ahead in Fleet Arena over people who didn't. I went FOSFTFP as my 5th dark side ship and TFP as my post-Phoenix Cantina node farm instead which will hopefully help if R2D2 comes out soon but other than that KRU seems like a much better choice because not only is he so useful in your early to mid game fleet but he also seems to be a pretty decent 5th character in Empire arena teams while you work on a proper Empire tank.
  • Options
    I'm noticing that the people on my shard who went for KRU are pulling ahead in Fleet Arena over people who didn't. I went FOSFTFP as my 5th dark side ship and TFP as my post-Phoenix Cantina node farm instead which will hopefully help if R2D2 comes out soon but other than that KRU seems like a much better choice because not only is he so useful in your early to mid game fleet but he also seems to be a pretty decent 5th character in Empire arena teams while you work on a proper Empire tank.

That's exactly what I'm doing now. Useful ship that's easy to get for zeta ship challenge, don't use it in fleet arena though, and once I have the credits I can use him to replace Kanan in my fledgling empire team. Current team is EP(l)/vader/thrawn/shore/kanan The tenacity down, taunt on ability and basic, dispel, and general tankiness from KRU will help to improve my team and provide more protection for EP.
  • Options
    I transitioned into EP, vader, DN, thrawn & KRU from Phoenix. I dont regret it a second.
    KRU ship and char at 7 stars is awesome in fleet arena, and only requires one node in cantina (most valuable farm in the game?)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/jonesk/
    I'm usually top 10 in both arenas these days
  • Options
    Utachi88 wrote: »
    I transitioned into EP, vader, DN, thrawn & KRU from Phoenix. I dont regret it a second.
    KRU ship and char at 7 stars is awesome in fleet arena, and only requires one node in cantina (most valuable farm in the game?)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/jonesk/
    I'm usually top 10 in both arenas these days

I m planning to do the same as you (maybe tarkin instead of nihilus) but i m only lv 63...it is better to bring all phoenix to 7* and then focus on empire or i can start with empire before?
  • Options
    Has anyone tested which one between KRU and Stormy is better for mid-game arena in a composition like EP (L),Vader,Thrawn and Tarkin?
  • Options
    ManuG wrote: »
    Has anyone tested which one between KRU and Stormy is better for mid-game arena in a composition like EP (L),Vader,Thrawn and Tarkin?

Depends on which levels. Short version is: KRU brings a dispell/stun and a reliable-ish taunt, Stormtrooper brings AoE Defense up, TM manipulation, counts as empire for vader/EP bonuses. KRU is more offense oriented, Storm is more defense. I am personally going for storm but working on KRU for the fleet.
  • Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    ManuG wrote: »

Depends on which levels. Short version is: KRU brings a dispell/stun and a reliable-ish taunt, Stormtrooper brings AoE Defense up, TM manipulation, counts as empire for vader/EP bonuses. KRU is more offense oriented, Storm is more defense. I am personally going for storm but working on KRU for the fleet.

I'm 68 and farming KRU from cantina and Stormy from store as my fifth character for R2 event. I was just wondering which one would be more beneficial for that squad. Stormy has a lot of synergy with the team however there are a lot of good comments about KRU as tank in an empire squad while you get Shore.
  • Options
    Still need some ability 3 mats before I can finally transition to empire team. I'll be on Palp(L), Vader (6*), Thrawn (6*). From there, I have TFP, Tarkin, and ST all at 7* G9. Suggestions on which 2 of the 3 I should choose? I'm about 2 months out from 5* GK, at which point he'll become my tank, and I'll likely drop both of these flex spots. With that in mind, I don't intend to omega any of the attacks from the 2 toons I put in those slots, which I think becomes relevant with discussion of Tarkin.
  • Options
    hey guys, two questions!

1) I am now level 50 and mods are opened up to me, is this something to be concerned about now? or should i continue my focus grind for ezra? he is 7* in not too long.

2) my dark side is struggling hard, i need to get through the 5th stage of the dark side campaign for purple gear, but im solely relying on sick allies. any advice? Should i gear and level up certain dark side characters now?

swgoh.gg:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ghostalpha/
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Mods are very important to arena rank. There is a huge difference between an unmodded character and one with good mods. I’d watch some youtube videos or read some forum threads to help you understand them better. Eventually, you can figure out a farming schedule to alternate character shards and mods, but you need to have a full five-character squad at 5* before it’s worth farming them. When your Hera, Kanan, and Zeb are all 5* or higher, then I’d get through the first 3 mod battle stages and unlock all 3 tiers of health mod challenges. Then you can farm 5* mods from there.

Dark side is going to struggle early as you focus on Phoenix, but it gets better as you go on. You’ll get some dark side characters from doing fleet prep events, and you can farm some from the guild store as well. Currently, Starck and First Order SF TIE Pilot regularly appear in the guild store, so you can use one of them to help you with dark side battles until you get more stronger characters. FOSFTP and his ship can also be useful as you prepare for fleet arena at level 60
  • Options
    So I have Wiggs in my arena team with both at gear 10. I have omega in Wedge's unique and in ****'s brother in arms. Should I invest omegas in both of their basics also? Having limited number of omegas, I want to know if I should save them or use. The rest of my arena team is STH, 6 star Thrawn, Rex(leader).
  • Options
    Azeotrope wrote: »
    So I have Wiggs in my arena team with both at gear 10. I have omega in Wedge's unique and in ****'s brother in arms. Should I invest omegas in both of their basics also? Having limited number of omegas, I want to know if I should save them or use. The rest of my arena team is STH, 6 star Thrawn, Rex(leader).

Never-mind. Decided to give them the Omegas since they are my arena team and they will be very useful later.
  • Options
    My rule is events I know about that I need to hurry for get first call on resources.

Arena team gets second call on resources unless I'm planning on dropping them.

Fleet team gets third call on resources.
  • Options
    When can i stop farming 5* health mods? when my phoenix team has full atleast blue quality 5* mods?

Right now i slapped my white and green ones on there as well, but the stats do seem abit lackluster compared to blue. Any advice?
  • Ez0ghul
    28 posts Member
    Options
    GhostAlpha wrote: »
    When can i stop farming 5* health mods? when my phoenix team has full atleast blue quality 5* mods?

Right now i slapped my white and green ones on there as well, but the stats do seem abit lackluster compared to blue. Any advice?

Don't you upgrade your mods? You need to upgrade them to atleast level 12 and the best ones to level 15 to get the most out of them, at level one they don't give much bonuses. I would only recommend you to upgrade mods that have speed as a secondary or primary if its an arrow.
  • Options
    i do upgrade them, to 12 initially, but surely there is a point to the initial colour grade they have?

So if this is correct, please confirm: i need to keep farming untill i find mods with speed on them (primary or secondary) for all phoenix characters, and level those to 12 minimum, at which point it does not matter what "colour" they started out?

thanks for the help!