Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    So the new Sith Raid has bosses that have tonnes of tenacity. And the only thing that can reliably damage their HUGE health pool which is the expose mechanic, and you want to nerf it?

Devs, this is a MOBILE game. Not a World of Warcraft raid. This is not the way to keep mobile game Gamers coming back for more.
  • Options
    Why is everyone surprised re: nerf. The intention was for only the top 20-30 guilds to do heroic. That way those guilds can run traya lead teams for 6 months in arena before everyone else catches up.

They would have spent months creating this raid.... but the real question is which guild spilt the strategy to the devs
  • Options
    but the real question is which guild spilt the strategy to the devs

plenty YouTube vids came out in the week about this mechanic
    not hard to find for devs...but they would also have core game data
  • Options
    So you release STHan for March login, which seemed a completely bizarre choice, then we find out he rocks in sith raid, then you completely nerf him.
    Anyone else feel like they’ve been trolled?
    I’m grabbing my broom and declaring shenanigans!!!
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

So you release STHan for March login, which seemed a completely bizarre choice, then we find out he rocks in sith raid, then you completely nerf him.

They don't want to see Han Solo an entire phase in the new raid.
    Yes, I went there... :blush:
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options

Can someone please tell me why Han being the login is apparently a good reason to dislike this more.

Come on, we all know it was a random choice for a month w/o a clear direction
  • Options
    Like the majority here I agree that the ST Han mechanic correction was unavoidable, but the how and the other changes remain questionable. I would really like to believe that these changes are for the health of the game. But like this thread and other threads here and on reddit show, a large part of the engaging community just doesn't trust CG anymore, that they do such changes for the health of the game.

Why? Too many other issues have been ignored or not addressed in the past (not even demanding a correction, just an explanation - like the challenger/useless gear in raid rewards). How about try to explain to the community properly why the current system is healthy for the game? How about properly addressing for failure like the last promotions instead of saying there were WAI and construct a questionable truth? How about giving a path for mod management? How about finally doing something with ships?

I really feel sorry for people who have to sell that change to us, some reactions, including mine are over the top. But with all the dishes broken, CG/EA as a company just deserves those reactions. You have the most awesome brand in your hands for a game that could be good and fun. We should celebrated the sith raid, we should have celebrated the last jedi, we hopefully can celebrate the han solo movie also with this game. But as long as that amateurish way of engaging the community continues I see unfortunately black for this game.

• Options
    Who said they might nerf it?
  • Options
    DarthGazza wrote: »

Not might. They are.
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

Can someone please tell me why Han being the login is apparently a good reason to dislike this more.

Please don’t misunderstand me, I agree with nerfing sthan. One of my guildmates did over 30mil in p3 heroic with him today, which was awesome, but we shouldn’t be able to get scores like that on the 2nd week of a new raid.

Just better beta testing was needed. If CG rushes it to avoid another HAAT debacle, I can understand that too, but we’d prefer you delay a release than rush it and then do this.

Just communicate with us more!!!

That’s why haat release was such a joke, CG said August and we heard nothing for months!

As for the rest of the changes, I think they’re unnecessary and an insult
  • Durango
    113 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    These changes make absolutely no sense (outside STHan, I mean. Granted, it wasn't a bug and it was a fair use of his kit, but that was still an obvious overlook and a total cheese strat)

CG pretend they want to INCREASE the diversity of team you can use, but they nerf many characters that are key to their respective team. Nerfing the two Kylo drastically hamper FO teams in P3 and P4. You can as well throw them in the thrash for these phase (granted, in Heroic, they are better used in other phase, but in P6, with the refresh, you can use them multiple time).

Same with zSavage. Come on, CG. He was not-so-great already. He was barely doing any damage. Now with this nerf, he'll warm the bench even more. And the DT/Krennic pair? It's not like they were doing billions of damages either. Now you can trash Krennic as well, because it's not like was going to land his usefull debuff anyway, not with the ridiculous Boss' tenacity stacking.

CG is actively reducing the number of "barely viable team" you can use in this raid, it's a shame.
  • Options
    Why would they do that? Are we not allowed have any fun with this game anymore??
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options

Please don’t misunderstand me, I agree with nerfing sthan. One of my guildmates did over 30mil in p3 heroic with him today, which was awesome, but we shouldn’t be able to get scores like that on the 2nd week of a new raid.

Just better beta testing was needed. If CG rushes it to avoid another HAAT debacle, I can understand that too, but we’d prefer you delay a release than rush it and then do this.

That’s why haat release was such a joke, CG said August and we heard nothing for months!

No no no no.

Some people, are saying, that CG should have paid more attention to Hans mechanics since he was the login toon for this month.

I m saying, thats stupid. Are you saying you would have hated it lwss if it was some other character as login
  • Options
    Title says all.
    Today the forum is full of right complains.
    Horrible raid in which no strategy works.
    Did you find some mechanics/teams that can work? Immediately nerfed (plus an absurd nerfing of expose!)
    They loved the horrible zombie/acolyte duo until today, now it can help to defeat the raid so it become an enemy to shut up...
    Why should we play this raid?
    No team can work.....
    In "playable" tiers the rewards are very poor....
    Instead of reducind boss health of 50-70% and nerf absurd boss tenacity etc...they punish players.
  • HershBathens74
    62 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ahwang826 wrote: »
    DarthGazza wrote: »

Not might. They are.

@wharghoul @Ahwang826
    I'm not aware about that. Can you please explain any further ? Any source ?
    Thanks !
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Title says all.
    Today the forum is full of right complains. Except for people who disagree with me. Screw 'em
    Horrible raid in which no strategy works. No solo strategy works.
    Did you find some mechanics/teams that can work? Yes.
    Immediately nerfed (plus an absurd nerfing of expose!) Really? I m doing fine
    They loved the horrible zombie/acolyte duo until today, now it can help to defeat the raid so it become an enemy to shut up... Except counters like Imp. Trps, Empire, AOE, etc. But i didnt have them.
    Why should we play this raid? For fun.....
    No team can work..... Really?
    In "playable" tiers the rewards are very poor....
    2 full pieces from 2 raids. And yes, i know not everyone has my luck.
    Instead of reducind boss health of 50-70% and nerf absurd boss tenacity etc...they punish players. who are using cheeze tatics like STHan. also, reducing boss health by 70%?

The quote is edited. (duh)
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    They are always going to nerf expose now, its a F2P debuff and the new raid is strictly whale only.
  • Djarlaks
    9 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Dear CG, Devs and all others in EA,

You have made a new raid, which makes us spend a lot of time for trash rewards.Besides, we have a lot of other content in the game which takes time. Do you really think that it is fun for everyone to spend more than 3-4 hours per day on this game, especially for swgoh veterans? I tell you that it is not fun at all. Your words about "challenging experience" can be rephrased like "You have spent 1-2 hours per day before, and now you have to deal with this new raid for 2 hours more. Isn't it challenging?"
    And now you are going to make SITH raid even harder. I don't like it, many of us DO NOT like it.

Think about it.

• Danix
    18 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Don't you understand it? With those nerfs "the puzzle raid" is not about solving a puzzle with 5-6 squads per person in an active 50-members guild. It's about having 10 squads gear 11 with mods in a 50-same-members-guild who can push this. More gear requirements, more money spent, that is indeed "what is best for the game", right? Anyway, even if you push it, even if you push the hard raid after countless months, years of grind... Here you go, challenge gear as a reward of which you have 2k and more. Don't be hasty though, "This is the best for you and of course for the game. If you get the gear for free you won't give us mo.. I mean, where is the fun in that?"

Nightsisters are not getting nerfed for now, because they are still behind pay wall. If Mother Talzin ever gets released in a random node, green light on them also.

Irony aside, I have no issues with the nerfs, IF (big IF) they don't mean we need to have indeed 10+ teams g11 to barely reach phase 4. The rewards are RNG enough, getting challenge gear apart from carbanti is slap to the face. Take something away from us, give us another in return. Don't just strip people of accomplishment. Take care.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 leef Degs29 congrats on your nerf :)
    Formerly_Randy looks like they took your advice
    @FierceRevan
    To be fair, this isn't exactly what i wanted, i only wanted the st han situation patched. As per usual, they went overboard just like with TW ties.
    Atleast they're going to lower the health aswell. So effectively they buffed every team except those that relied on exposes and/or passive dmg mechanismes. I'm holding off judgement untill i know how much they lowered the health. Obviously i doubt it will be enough to still be able to clear the raid within a reasonable time frame, but we will see.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    You claim that you appreciate that you are aligning with players, but yet not one person on this thread has something positive to say about the changes you're making with the expose ****. Every time you reply to someone on here, you remind me of a politician; sidestepping the actual issue and just saying the same irrelevant thing over and over again. You want to make the game better and keep the people paying your salary from quitting? Then take a second to read every comment on here and realize the terrible changes you're making and the ones you fail to correct.
  • Options
    My guild has only recently begun completing the HAAT. I finally unlocked Gen. Kenobi last week. So we are not beating the new raid any time soon. We stalled on Tier 6, quit and took 2 days to beat Tier 3. We have no R(JT)s. So, the nerf to the characters on the new raid doesn't affect us. It does not bode well for us in the future for completing it. Nerfing StHan makes sense. The others I am not so sure about. More concerning to me is actively changing mechanics in the past raids which other players have used to their benefit to get Kenobi and much raid gear (challenge gear not withstanding) to improve their respective rosters and guilds. This puts us at an even bigger disadvantage to other players/guilds than we already are. This is highly distressing. I appreciate you staying here last night to answer questions and hope you follow through this morning as you said you will. So here is my question. Related to the HPIT and HAAT, why are you making those raids harder to complete for players who are already far behind your frontline of players?
  • Options

No no no no.

Some people, are saying, that CG should have paid more attention to Hans mechanics since he was the login toon for this month.

I m saying, thats ****. Are you saying you would have hated it lwss if it was some other character as login

Why is thinking that a dev should’ve properly tested new content prior to release ****?

I’m just saying delay if you have to, but communicate with the community that’s what’s happening.

And having STHan as the login character just feels like adding insult to injury.

In answer to your question- yes, I do think I’d feel I little less irate if sthan wasn’t march’s login toon.

I think nerfing the already established raids insulting to the community and having sthan as the login just adds to that. I release the two are unrelated (I agree with one and not the other) but it’s like CG poking out their tongue while kicking us in our nether regions.

• Options
    .....sthan is at the forefront of all these changes
  • Options
    As a 3 month new(ish) player I've joined a guild who we're building up to the HAAT and HPIT, but this puts us back even further. We're so close to getting there and we don't have a Raid Han or G Kenobi, which will take us even longer to attempt to get these characters now.

I get the STHan nerf, that's fine to a degree but making it the login character smells fishy in relation to the raid. However the exposure I'm baffled by, the raid rewards gear that includes challenge gear is mind numbing, I hope you take some time to reflect on the comments/feedback and listen please.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    I have a triple zetaed JTR and a G11.5 STH And G12 Resistance. I have been a long time fan of the Resistance, but this nerf of expose it outrageous, it instantly kills 6 months of farming.

Next, what will it be? Nerf NS because they can do more damage than 1% in P3?

Seriously, this goes completely against the spirit of this game to discover new tactics to handle challenges.

The new mechanics of the raids are really cheap: destroying synergies in teams, penalizing debuffs and buffs, destroying the spirit of a guild where heavy damaged could carry the younger players.

Moreover, arena seems completely stale as a 90k Empire team can destroy a 110k Resistance team.

What are the incentives to keep farming toons? My guild got twice opponents in TW with 25M GP difference (at high level this is 250 G12 teams with 5 zetas), good luck overcoming that.
  • Options
    So you've spent 6 months farming JTR just because of the sith raid?
    Because the Expose nerf is only for the raid..
This discussion has been closed.