[Feedback] JTR back w/ BB8 [MERGE]

Replies

• KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Lachm91 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    The calendar that only shows some events? And not the big ones?

Element of surprise!

Panic Farming is the key to sell packs. lol

All about dem dollars. Now that a toons been nerfed may as well bring it back
    Yep, it is pretty much this.
    Anyway, not like i am dumb enough to panic farm the useless veteran characters (apart from getting Jedi Rey). I will just keep my pace farming them from the cantina (started early february) and wait for the next time.
  • Sumbu
    30 posts Member
    Options
    I do not understand the Panic Farm hints. We have more than three months to farm two CantinaToons. Anyone who wanted JTr had enough time - even without money - to achieve this goal.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    It can be hard to predict exactly when an event will be coming, so it is a good idea to go ahead and prepare the required toons for a legendary or heroic event character as soon as you can so you will not miss out.

Here is a list of the current recurring events with required toons, star levels and suggested gear levels. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154696/reoccurring-events-and-characters-required-index/p1

Decide which of the toons/ships are the most important and farm to be ready for them. I always suggest not putting off farming the required toons for an event to farm something else, thinking there will be a large amount of notice and time before an event returns. Events can return at any time and a three-day notice has happened before this.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Sumbu wrote: »
    I do not understand the Panic Farm hints. We have more than three months to farm two CantinaToons. Anyone who wanted JTr had enough time - even without money - to achieve this goal.

No.
    As I said in my reply a few messages above yours, I have been farming the two Vet characters since before the first JTR event including spending 300 crystals nearly every day to get more Cantina energy ... and I won't have enough shards before the end of the Event.
    Just because YOU have had better luck, this does not translate as "anyone who wanted" her would have had the same.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I have done 22 attempts today and got 2 shards, it's not an exception.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I just realised I don’t have to get RJT this time, stick to my own pace will save me a lot of $. Personally, RJT is only for Sith raid, I have no other use for her so she doesn’t worth that much especially after the nerf specifically the raid.

Thanks, dev! Next time I won’t miss:)
  • 3PO
    32 posts Member
    Options
    HunterXJD wrote: »
    Phoenix will be done in like a week. Vets I could fast track in about 40 days...

It is exactly like me.
    I sympathize with your frustrated mind.
  • Options
    I have a schedule mapped out on acquiring characters, gear, in game. Everyone should do the same. No panic, no getting off track with new content.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ghostwolf wrote: »
    I have a schedule mapped out on acquiring characters, gear, in game. Everyone should do the same. No panic, no getting off track with new content.

Your way is the best way, I totally agree, have been trying to do the same.
  • Options
    Apart from the reveal of Reys challenge coming back being a shock for many in my guild, a few now contemplating the future I have another concern that EA may not have considered. CLS was 6 months between release so when Rey came out I spent money and lots of effort to get her.

This isn't a whine, I get that Rey will help with the new raid, however it will make me think the next time a legendary is released if there will be any point spending on them if only 3 months will pass before they come out again.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ghostwolf wrote: »

I am honestly quite curious as to how reliable/accurate your "schedule" is given the RNG nature of a lot of character acquisition.

This thread makes it clear that a lot of players have been farming the two Vet Scoundrels since the original RJT event and some now have them both at 7* and some do not. How can that random nature fit into a "schedule"?

And what about the random nature of what gear turns up in the shops or is only acquirable from Raids or Battles?
  • Options
    Seriously it's pay for one toon to pay for another to pay for another to constantly try to stay relevant in arena and keep the guild happy. But seriously 2 days notice??
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »

No.
    As I said in my reply a few messages above yours, I have been farming the two Vet characters since before the first JTR event including spending 300 crystals nearly every day to get more Cantina energy ... and I won't have enough shards before the end of the Event.
    Just because YOU have had better luck, this does not translate as "anyone who wanted" her would have had the same.

If you really did what you were saying you did, 3 refreshes a day, and you still didn't finish the vets then you're an extreme outlier.

120+45+360 = 525 energy a day
    525/16 = 32 attempts * .3 = about 9.6 shards a day.
    90 days (you said you had more) * 9.6 = 864 shards.

Im assuming the few days ("nearly everyday") you didn't do 3 refreshes are balanced out by the extra days you had.
    Statistically speaking, it is very unlikely for you to deviate so far from expected. You are below 500 shards (600 needed) which puts you at at least 364 shards away from average. Thats insane.

So either your luck is so bad that you are such an outlier is no reasonable case to be made that the devs should have been expected to accomodate you

OR

You farmed other characters too :/
  • Options
    All have had 3 months to prepare, all that want Rey should be ready now. Learn to prioritze and think ahead. Im f2p and also ready on an account that is barely one year old.
  • Options

I've been farming them since December, every day. With 3 refreshes I sometimes get only 1 or 2 shards a day - the drop rates on the Veterans has been worse than any other farm I've done.

With a bit more notice I could have used the 200 crystal refreshes as well to get 1 or 2 extra shards a day and I might make it.

Tactics like this take away what little fun is left in the game, and will push people away.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    MrGrips wrote: »

No.

If you really did what you were saying you did, 3 refreshes a day, and you still didn't finish the vets then you're an extreme outlier.

Im assuming the few days ("nearly everyday") you didn't do 3 refreshes are balanced out by the extra days you had.
    Statistically speaking, it is very unlikely for you to deviate so far from expected. You are below 500 shards (600 needed) which puts you at at least 364 shards away from average. Thats insane.

So either your luck is so bad that you are such an outlier is no reasonable case to be made that the devs should have been expected to accomodate you

OR

I'm curious where you got the 0.3 stat from regarding the odds of a shard drop? Because that's not been my experience at ALL. With any Cantina node or Hard Battle node.

Heck, with my 32 attempts per day, I remember at least one day where I didn't get any shards at all.

So now saying 9.6 is the average? That relies on your 0.3 stat being accurate so I wonder where you got that from?
  • Options

No.

OR

I'm curious where you got the 0.3 stat from regarding the odds of a shard drop? Because that's not been my experience at ALL. With any Cantina node or Hard Battle node.

Heck, with my 32 attempts per day, I remember at least one day where I didn't get any shards at all.

So now saying 9.6 is the average? That relies on your 0.3 stat being accurate so I wonder where you got that from?

I agree the 0.3 stat doesn't add up here, it's more like 0.1, for both vets. Same boat.
  • Options
    kevthejedi wrote: »

No.

OR

I agree the 0.3 stat doesn't add up here, it's more like 0.1, for both vets. Same boat.

Most generally agree that the shard drop for all nodes are around 30%. Unless i ve had some really amazinguvk i doubt its at a mere 0.1
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

No.

OR

Most generally agree that the shard drop for all nodes are around 30%. Unless i ve had some really amazinguvk i doubt its at a mere 0.1

Definitely not in my experience.
    Each time I refreshed my Cantina energy to farm the Vets, I was able to do 7 or 8 simmed battles at a time (depending on how much energy I had left before buying 120 more). If the 30% stat is accurate then I would usually get 2 shards per refresh - sometimes more, sometimes less.
    That doesn't happen.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    @Stenun
    If I'm correct there is no official statement but its the general consensus for what the drop rate on all cantina is. Some people have pooled their recordings into spreadsheets:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/129797/chs-cantina-drop-rate

and you can find more like if you google "cantina drop rates swgoh" and maybe check out the reddit (dont think Im allowed to link them here.)

I mean, if you want to you can guess that the drop rate is different for the vets than for other characters. Or that .3 is wrong. But if it means anything to you I also have had days where I've gotten 0-2 shards on three refreshes and Ive averaged about average on cantina nodes, even on the vets, and the majority of people I know who've been doing 3 refreshes have finished the vets some time ago and that would be almost impossible if the rate was like .2.

Bad days and bad drops, thats gonna happen and happens to everyone, but what is a lot less likely is averaging so much lower.
  • Options
    I’ve watched my drop rates over time and they are close to 12% for the past 3 months for the Vets.

RNG plays a big role here for many people but would have been compensated for had they followed cadence. The extra time would have worked with low drop rates. They changed it to satisfy people **** about the raid and for a clear cash grab with a snub to F2P players who waited to get her rather than paying up front.

Had I not been ready in 1-2 months I’d have probably paid. Now, there’s no point. I’ll just wait and save my money. Hope everyone else does too.
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

No.

OR

Definitely not in my experience.
    Each time I refreshed my Cantina energy to farm the Vets, I was able to do 7 or 8 simmed battles at a time (depending on how much energy I had left before buying 120 more). If the 30% stat is accurate then I would usually get 2 shards per refresh - sometimes more, sometimes less.
    That doesn't happen.

Not for you, anyway.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    @Stenun
    If I'm correct there is no official statement but its the general consensus for what the drop rate on all cantina is. Some people have pooled their recordings into spreadsheets:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/129797/chs-cantina-drop-rate

and you can find more like if you google "cantina drop rates swgoh" and maybe check out the reddit (dont think Im allowed to link them here.)

I mean, if you want to you can guess that the drop rate is different for the vets than for other characters. Or that .3 is wrong. But if it means anything to you I also have had days where I've gotten 0-2 shards on three refreshes and Ive averaged about average on cantina nodes, even on the vets, and the majority of people I know who've been doing 3 refreshes have finished the vets some time ago and that would be almost impossible if the rate was like .2.

Bad days and bad drops, thats gonna happen and happens to everyone, but what is a lot less likely is averaging so much lower.

A quick google search does indeed reveal a lot of threads and discussions claiming that 0.3 is a rough estimate of the drop rate.
    However, what I find interesting, is that every single one of these threads and discussions has people saying that their drop rate has been lower or even much lower. While only a very few people have said there's has been higher.

If 0.3 was indeed the average, shouldn't there be as many people saying they got more as there are saying they got less?

But there isn't ...
  • Jimika
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I just removed the vets from my favourites, I thought I'd have 4.5 months based on the return of CLS. I get 3 months. I was going to get them both to 20/100 shards and hope to see the 80 shards packs, I will not buy those now.
    I think that by the time she returns again, we will have other options, a raid nerf, another gear tier or level 90.
    I quit farming for Rey2.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    @Stenun

A quick google search does indeed reveal a lot of threads and discussions claiming that 0.3 is a rough estimate of the drop rate.
    However, what I find interesting, is that every single one of these threads and discussions has people saying that their drop rate has been lower or even much lower. While only a very few people have said there's has been higher.

If 0.3 was indeed the average, shouldn't there be as many people saying they got more as there are saying they got less?

But there isn't ...

Because people that have higher drop rates will not complain about it. But bad drop rates cause much frustration and anger and lead to complaints. I probably had slightly lower than 0.3 odds for Veterans but I can assure you I had significantly higher than 0.3 odds for KRU. It all works out in the long run and this is a very slow grinding game.
  • Options
    I stopped farming vets due to the rubbish drop rate. Was getting maybe 1 or 2 shards a day if lucky. Somedays 0. Since i have gone back onto it in the last few days (no i wont be ready), the drop rate has improved a lot for me, i have got 25-30 shards in 2-3 days.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    @Stenun

But there isn't ...

Because people that have higher drop rates will not complain about it. But bad drop rates cause much frustration and anger and lead to complaints. I probably had slightly lower than 0.3 odds for Veterans but I can assure you I had significantly higher than 0.3 odds for KRU. It all works out in the long run and this is a very slow grinding game.

Well then maybe the drop rates are different for each Node? Has there been a comparison of that done?

And people do like showing off as much as they like moaning, usually. :smile:
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Stenun
    The biggest reason .3 is trusted is because some people some time ago (you're more likely to find this on reddit, dont feel like looking for this) did a large sample size, like hundreds of attempts or more and averaged .3 in cantina.

Why are there so many voices talking about worse rates? Well I really think its just as simple as that those people are almost always talking about a really small sample size and in that case its really easy to experience an awful rate. After all, who's more likely to look up a thread about drop rates, the dude who got 5/8 today, the spreadsheet-keeper of hundreds of attempts, or the guy who got 0 today and is concerned about drop rates? I think its the latter.

Of course its possible that the devs are maniupulating rates or something idk but my problem with that is that I do believe, the majority of players are achieving average (for .3) results. Thats what it seems in my guild at least. And if the rates were dramatically lower (like .1 or even .2) those ppl doing 3 refreshes a day talking about how they finished the vets a month ago would be extremely exceptional, but theyre kinda common.

The thing about stats is you can have crazy results for a small sample size but things really stop behaving that way once that sample gets larger.
  • Options
    Duce wrote: »
    Not Happy! Been Farming my vets for awhile now. Should have them by the end of the month. But no announcements in the beginning of the month. I could have put more crystals in to have them in time. It’s always been 4 months between not 3? You messed up in November with Thrawn which I lucky was prepared for then you drop him again in December. Hope you do the same with JTR cause I’m not a happy camper today
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Why didn't any of you who aren't ready make sure you secured all the necessary characters the moment you knew what characters you needed? Be proactive not reactive

Sure, along with the other 85 things we need to "be prepared" for in this game, farm for Raids, farm for DSTB, farm for LSTB, farm for EP, Thrawn, CLS, R2, Scoundrels, Bounty Hunters, etc etc etc.

I got JTR the first time. Do you know why?
    Because as soon as the event was announced people speculated that the vets would be required - so I took a chance and farmed them.

Do you think we had nothing else to farm? No other events to prepare for? Were the vets OP characters at the time? No. We all disrupted our farming plans and took a chance on 2 weak characters who were difficult farms JUST IN CASE they were needed. And that gamble paid off.

So, I have no sympathy for people who KNEW exactly what to farm and who KNEW that she would be back soon, yet chose not to farm her and are now complaining about “no notice”