CHARACTER STRATEGIES - Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren and First Order Officer

Prev134567
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited December 2015
Captain Phasma
puqmeu2zvv4i.png

Overview
Captain Phasma is a tremendous support unit that can grant allies extra attacks, whether by increasing turn meters with Victory March or debilitating the speed of the opposition with Fusillade. With her leader ability Fire at Will, any of your units that attack, especially ones from the First Order, may randomly call in an additional ally to assist in attacks.

Where to use
In Squad Arena, responding sooner rather than later can turn the tide of battle. Increasing turn meters with Victory March and slowing down enemies with Fusillade will allow your slower, high-damaging units to have an early combat advantage by hitting your opponents with their special abilities.

Unit Synergy
Of all the First Order units, Kylo Ren creates the best synergy of offensive power when supported with meter fill of Victory March from Captain Phasma. The combination of power plus speed creates a devastating combo that can ensure your Squad Arena victory.

Character Shard Locations
  • Galactic War Shipments

&nbsp

&nbsp
Kylo Ren
k1zdxyf7eyi0.png

Overview
Kylo Ren is a versatile attacker that can inflict Healing Immunity and Damage Over Time with Ragged Cut. However, this unit really shines with his Unstoppable passive that resets his skill cooldowns whenever he receives damage. He can then unleash AoE havoc with Lash Out, which also grants him a Retribution buff that allows him to counter any enemy that hits him.

Where to use
With the constant battery of attacks you’ll receive from Squad Arena, you’re guaranteed to have Kylo Ren activate his Unstoppable ability, allowing him to blast the enemy side with Lash Out almost every round, while counter attacking with his Retribution buff.

Unit Synergy
Poggle the Lesser is an excellent support unit that can buff a unit’s attack for 3 turns. By applying this benefit to Kylo Ren, this will ensure that all his Unstoppable AoE attacks and Retribution counter attacks will obliterate the opposition successfully.

&nbsp

&nbsp
First Order Officer
rdktjjz9dak7.png

Overview
While primarily touted as a support unit, First Order Officer is notable for providing allies with the beneficial Advantage buff, as well as manipulating the Turn Meters of your own team and the opposition to capitalize on speed.

Where to use
Turn Meter control is one potential strategy in gaining the edge for Squad Arena, whether it’s increasing the meters of your own allies with Marching Orders or slowing a powerful enemy down with Pinning Shot.

Unit Synergy
While the First Order Officer has a stronger support kit, his basic attack called Capitalize can gain increased damage for each ally that has the Advantage buff. In this instance, Captain Phasma becomes a great synergistic unit capable of granting the entire party with the much needed buff for the First Order Officer.

Character Shard Locations
  • Cantina Shipments
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz

Replies

• Phasma is so awesome. Sorry royal guard, your service has been commendable xD
  • Will Kylo Ren be nerfed in the next patch like Barris was? His description makes him sound like Dooku on steroids.
  • Will Kylo Ren be nerfed in the next patch like Barris was? His description makes him sound like Dooku on steroids.

I agree - that description just sounds too strong. Wait till a few level 19 players with 6 unlocked characters get beat by Ren and come crying to the forums in massive volumes about how OP he is. They already got Ben and Barriss. This guy basically has an ability that results in an AOE special having 0 cooldown AND he has counter ability...so he's like Dooku and Lando all in one? :) Can we just nerf him now while he's in the pack and get it over with?
  • @EA_Jesse one of the login messages indicated that shards for Kylo ren are available in cantina 4c.

When I look at that battle there is no sign that it can drop his shards. What gives?
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Where is Kylo farmable? The IG message said Cantina
  • Read the message properly, the shards are farmable AS OF TOMORROW
  • djwarcr
    176 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    what about the resistance trooper I got for free today ?
    I do not see any info about him
  • How do you get Kylo
    ren
  • djwarcr wrote: »
    what about the resistance trooper I got for free today ?
    I do not see any info about him

sorry I thought he was new, cause I just got him today
  • Captain Phasma - really nice dark character. That's a spot on assessment of his skills that EA_Jesse put out. I have complete faith that Kylo's is dead on. I'm going to hate to face those guys in Galactic War.
  • The new characters are AWESOME - not BROKEN. They're doing an incredible job with this game, read the update, a ton of other characters also received buffs/nerfs/balances, but mainly BUFFS. That's usually the correct way to balance - instead of nerfing something to the ground, they're buffing units/skills that need a little help. Even with Barriss and Ben - so many people are complaining but I still think they're really strong, just *balanced*.
  • Congrats to the dev on the new toons. More fun.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Share the shards please ;)
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Got Kylo Ren first try on a single cromium card!!!! 10:30pm Pacific time! Anyone else have him yet?
  • I just got another shard for Kylo in the mail with a message about farming him in 4C... but he isn't there yet.

Can someone confirm if he is available yet or if I have to wait till midnight? I'm almost capped on Cantina energy and I don't want to waste it.
  • Not there yet. I'm also capped on energy waiting :) hopefully before daily reset!!
  • Past midnight here. Not available yet.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Will kylo ren
  • First Order Officer = John Cena?
  • I had a squad arena battle today against a kylo ren and a capt phasma team leader and I thought I was doomed. I'm lvl 51 and the player was a lvl higher. My team usually consists of sid Talia consular Dana and genossian soldier. I was able to beat the players team. It was my first and only experience with kylo or cp so far. Cp was 4* already but I beat them. The team also had dooku as well. Strategy is everything but maybe I got lucky.
  • *daka
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha @Narcolipocus I have him gear 7 and 4* currently and he's really underwhelming. Better choices out there atm. Will keep upgrading to see if he gets better. Paired him with 5* phasma gear 7 and I still like my droid team much better. Kylo is fun though, just wish he had more umph or a 100% heal immunity like Sid
  • This is the issue. Is it going to be standard CG policy to nerf. Can the devs not do their job before hand and have game balance in mind before hand so I can develop my toons and not end up with an entire nerfed jedi team.

Even Ben bought it. Everyone got nerfed. CG never nerfed in two years before December...then the did a massive refund and lost all their players on their other game...what did they learn from that...start by screwing up this game...

Good job guys...

Who is left at CG? GoJ and Mani B...anyone else on roll call?
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Is the farmable mission node for Kylo going to stay that way @EA_Jesse, and if only temporary, for how long?

Not going to start there if I won't have time to finish. There are better characters to promote.

People see Kylos abilities and think he's going to be tough to beat. Look at stats first. Without such high HP Barriss would have been mediocre before her nerf. No abilities can make up for poor stats. He will be a mid tier character at best unless they improve him.

On another note Phasma's ally assist leader ability looks awesome when it procs in tandem with an ally assisted attack. It's like how counter attacks happen at the same time. Very cool.
  • I am new to this game. Can anyone tell me where to find out which characters heal and debuff and also what on earth does it mean to nerf!
  • Keaven wrote: »
    Is the farmable mission node for Kylo going to stay that way @EA_Jesse, and if only temporary, for how long?

People see Kylos abilities and think he's going to be tough to beat. Look at stats first. Without such high HP Barriss would have been mediocre before her nerf. No abilities can make up for poor stats. He will be a mid tier character at best unless they improve him.

On another note Phasma's ally assist leader ability looks awesome when it procs in tandem with an ally assisted attack. It's like how counter attacks happen at the same time. Very cool.

I have Kylo 5*, 1/2 way to 6*.. He's cool but a tad above average.. Still working on him to test him at max stars..have him level 60 and max gears atm

Yeah, Phasma will be awesome.. I have her 5* and also 1/2 way to 6*. Tested her with IG86 7*, Aayla Secura 6*, FO tie 6* and Daka 7*...Was a fun an easy win with lots of multi attacks.. Will test her with Leia soon
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha @Narcolipocus I have him gear 7 and 4* currently and he's really underwhelming. Better choices out there atm. Will keep upgrading to see if he gets better. Paired him with 5* phasma gear 7 and I still like my droid team much better. Kylo is fun though, just wish he had more umph or a 100% heal immunity like Sid

I was being sarcastic - I wouldn't want to see him get changed. All the nerf this and that calls are making this forum intolerable. I was just anticipating the complains to come...and we had a thread on him already after less than 24 hours.

I have Kylo 5*, 1/2 way to 6*.. He's cool but a tad above average.. Still working on him to test him at max stars..have him level 60 and max gears atm

Yeah, Phasma will be awesome.. I have her 5* and also 1/2 way to 6*. Tested her with IG86 7*, Aayla Secura 6*, FO tie 6* and Daka 7*...Was a fun an easy win with lots of multi attacks.. Will test her with Leia soon

Rey would work well with a Phasma lead at a guess, one of her abilities hits up to 3 times I think.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Anyone else notice that Phasma seems to aim mostly for the legs? Lol
    Rey would work well with a Phasma lead at a guess, one of her abilities hits up to 3 times I think.
    Up to four times.
    Anyone else notice that Phasma seems to aim mostly for the legs? Lol
    Up to four times.

Yeah I kind of like how she fires shots all over her target!