Content Update 3/21/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    jaDlRx2_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=mediu
    CG : "After the last storm on forums over updates and overall direction our sales are a little down. We need to pump those rookie numbers up, while remaining transparent to our demographic"
    CG to CG: "Hold my beer watch this"
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    This is starting to feel like an emotionally abusive relationship. The players keep getting treated like trash, yet we keep coming back, again and again. And every time it gets a little worse.

This is largely why I quit spending. Still enjoy the game, but the aggressive tactics to push people to spend is just too much for me. I may spend a few bucks here and there on a character pack, but that would be it.
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I have made some poor decisions in my life, but CG is starting to make me realize that they may not have been so bad.

They just don't have a clue, do they?
    :smiley:
  • Aliea
    63 posts Member
    Options
    As a new player, I realize that I have a lot to learn. However, the rate that these events and characters drop is insane. I gladly spend money in an effort to be competitive in the game but I am not Mrs. MONEYBAGS! PLEASE try to give newbies like myself a chance to catch up. 7.5 hours notice for the next event is ridiculous.
  • KenLi
    55 posts Member
    Options
    It's still too much like gambling for me to buy those character packs. Anywhere from 5-330. That's like the lottery scratch-offs where you could win anything from $1- Jackpot.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Aliea wrote: »
    As a new player, I realize that I have a lot to learn. However, the rate that these events and characters drop is insane. I gladly spend money in an effort to be competitive in the game but I am not Mrs. MONEYBAGS! PLEASE try to give newbies like myself a chance to catch up. 7.5 hours notice for the next event is ridiculous.
    If you're a new player, you probably wouldn't have had the necessary characters ready if they'd given you a month's notice.

Start farming them now so that you can make it in time for the next Luke run. Don't be like the slackers who stopped farming after the last one ended and are complaining that their strategy of procrastination didn't work out.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Welp. If you already have R2 and CLS, and you’re F2P, ie packs don’t matter to you, then this was a pretty useless update.

Please put FOexec, Wicket, Sith Marauder, and Nightsisters into farmable locations.
  • KenLi
    55 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Aliea wrote: »
    If you're a new player, you probably wouldn't have had the necessary characters ready if they'd given you a month's notice.

Start farming them now so that you can make it in time for the next Luke run. Don't be like the slackers who stopped farming after the last one ended and are complaining that their strategy of procrastination didn't work out.

Agreed. These events always cycle back around. Even if your not ready for this event, farm the toons needed now. And don't stop till they are ready for whenever the event comes back. If the toon is one you want anyway.
  • Options
    As a newer players myself, i researched what they sold during the events as well so I knew best and worst case scenario. Then Rey came in 3 days (knew I wouldn't have her) and packs were there, cool. CLS however, 3 hours, and nothing. I'm not mad, but be consistent about something lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    As a newer players myself, i researched what they sold during the events as well so I knew best and worst case scenario. Then Rey came in 3 days (knew I wouldn't have her) and packs were there, cool. CLS however, 3 hours, and nothing. I'm not mad, but be consistent about something lol

They are consistent in their inconsistency. Oh, and bugs. Almost every time something new drops is always bugged.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    JJWZP5 wrote: »
    Why haven’t zombie or first order executioner been shuffled anywhere? When will we get any info about this? Does the release cadence no longer apply?

What release cadence? Honestly, the very next character after CG announced the "release cadence" broke the cadence. There never has been a "release cadence".

Oh and "It's here!" isn't exactly more communication about an event. Apparently "more communication" is similar to "release cadence"....and "soon".

This.
  • Options
    I posted this as it's own thread, and it got moved to another thread, but I'm going to post it as a reply here to hopefully get a response from CG.

I think a reasonable request would be to extend the event until the last day of the month. This wouldn't be difficult, you've extended events before. The reason I believe the event should be extended until the last day of the month is the fact that you made the login character Stormtrooper Han. I know when preparing for this event coming in April, I factored those Han shards into my farming equation and many others may have done so as well.

Honestly, it just makes sense that the event should end on the same day we get the last STH shards for the month. A move like this may even help reduce some of the inevitable backlash, because it would show that you're actually committed to listening to your players. Please CG, this isn't a huge request, and it's one that just makes good sense. Please extend the CLS event to end on the 31st. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

The event's a week, give it a little bit of time. Sometimes the packs don't show up right away.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Seems like they always announce em, but since we're in suprise kitten love mode, you may be right.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Last time he came back they gave us an extremely obvious hint about 3 weeks before he came back. Then Rey they gave us 2 days. CLS returning again they gave us 8 hours. I wonder how long until they don't tell us about it until it's already over.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    What was the problem with Rogue one tag? All these characters already had it...
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

The Rogue One tag just got added. It wasn't there before.
  • Options
    Wiggensbog wrote: »
    Everybody take a breath please. Last time CLS came was directly after RJT first came out, so this is to be expected.

Also, can we please stop whining about what we don't get and why we didn't get a huge content update even though the biggest content release was a few weeks ago AND there is a movie coming out in a few months?

Please and thank you.

Read the Q&A they just had about better communication and better notification of upcoming events. So take a deep breath and actually realize why there’s outrage in the first place
  • Options
    [QUESTION: Ghostrider1982]
    Cadence of Legendary Events?....everyone was tracking a later date on BB/JTR based on previous ones and got a 2 day warning and were totally unprepared, why does this have to be so random and so last minute

[NR]: We absolutely want to clarify the cadence. After we post our communication strategy, we will systematically answer a number of questions that the community has. One of those topics will be the cadence of Legendary events.

They clarified the cadence with literally no communication, pro's fo sho.
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    i would like to point out that it doesnt matter how much notice they give you, as long as you re not ready for a certain date, you re not ready for a certain date.

Considering that there are about a 100 things to prioritize in this game at any given time, this is a terribly ignorant statement. Having more time lets you push things to the front of what is I am sure for most of us a very long list.
  • Options
    Ephran wrote: »
    Last time he came back they gave us an extremely obvious hint about 3 weeks before he came back. Then Rey they gave us 2 days. CLS returning again they gave us 8 hours. I wonder how long until they don't tell us about it until it's already over.

Next one will be a instant 3 day hero journey
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    "content update" Bahahahaha.
  • QuendiX
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm kinda new player to this game, playing 3 months, and I'm already angry because of events timing.

I must say I knew that Daring Droid event will come soon, and I was preparing for it from some month already. I even farmed Emperor Palpatin for 7* with Phoenix squad for R2 event. But I thought CLS event will be few weeks after R2, that after farming Empire You will give us space to farm needed Rebels for CLS. I'm in the middle of farming Rebels for CLS and what happend ?

Just NO ANNOUNCEMENT and R2 AND CLS event at the SAME time....

Well I got R2 with 7*, but now I need to farm and wait for CLS another 3-4 months !?!?!

I'm just really angry for that You all in CG are giving us Legendary event's for CLS and JTR at the same time as Droid's that are needed for them...

Why You so much rush for so many events at the same time ???

One more thing. Do You CG remember what is the Daily Login char for this month ? I will remind You that it is ST Han needed for CLS, so I'm prepared to make ST Han for 7* last day of march...

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_Carrie @CG_Leviathan
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    You are doing “shard shuffle” wrong.....update the stores!!!

They said that they weren't going to update the store ever again (at least arena and gw). So... yeah. We're supposed to used everything for extra shards.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

The characters only had a Rebel tag. They were identified as Rogue One for TB. However, the character menu did not have this tag.
  • CalaveylonKwai1
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am not ready for cls at the moment... would be in 2 weeks, but its ok.. farmed a lot other toons or stuff i dont need actually that much, but thats my fault, could have been ready by now :D

i just want to say i have a problem with this update, not because i am not ready, like i said its my fault, no, because of the lack of communication in general and to shoot out 2 heroic events in one month so that all the panic farmers buy dozen of packs ...

you need to encourage guys like me who spends sometimes some money on crystals, not a huge amount but a few bucks, and once because i really like sion , i brought him up to 7 Stars (its funny enough, i did that 2 days ago).

i am sure you guys still need us small p(l)ayers

just my 2 cents..
  • StupiderIdjit
    54 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You know what the problem is? We're being treated like players, not customers. This game is FTP, but I'd wager that most people have spent something. I'm personally at the point where I am unsure that what I spend on will be worth it.

Fix your product.
  • Options
    I don't get some of the anger with CLS. The first event was in Aug. Since then, everyone knew what was needed. The event dropped in Dec, everyone who wasn't ready then should just need to 7* R2 right now. So get R2 to seven stars and you are ready. I don't know how many newbie guides state that get Phoenix and ANH rebels as your light side farms. The only people with any kind of real "beef" are those who started in January of this year, and late game content shouldn't even be a worry right now. If you been playing since at least last June, you should be ready no matter when the events drop.

I don't have JTR, I don't sweat it. I am on my schedule to be ready if it comes this summer. If it doesn't then I will be ready for it later. If its sooner, then oh well. I made other things my priority.
  • Options
    i like this i do.I love nihilus's new name for his leader and unique,and i like the rouge one tag!!!!!
  • thatboyrion
    29 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I don't see the Starck or IPD packs in store, and I didn't buy them before...Anyone else? The note says: "This bundle will also return with all future Dark Side Territory Battles," implying that it would be here now AND when DSTB comes back. Am I misunderstanding this? @ShaolinPunk
    Post edited by thatboyrion on