The Road Ahead: April 5, 2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie @Kyno @Vampire_X The <<Megathread>> link on the post doesn't work
  • Gwonk
    238 posts Member
    Curious as to what kind of release Bossk will be. Marquee?

Almost certainly.
  • Kodimus
    35 posts Member
    I greatly appreciate you folks at CG giving some love to in-game chat, HOWEVER... I still think there is a huge loss of not tapping into the arena shard, region (language), and global chat features.

Most, if not all, guilds use either Line or Discord to chat with their guild mates or prospects, BUT there is a whole community out there (US) that is missing out on chatting with people, we don't know, in-game. That's a big part of the fun and community bonding! That ALSO opens up another avenue for the #GameChangers to interact with people, and promote the idea and their channel.

Please, i beg of you, please put real consideration into a meaningful update to in-game chat.

Global chat would be an absolute nightmare with hundreds of thousands (or millions) of players. Things would move so fast that it's unlikely anyone would actually get any value out of it.
  • Gawejn
    1095 posts Member
    Bossk could be Legendary. Otherwise what is the reason to be excited about? To spend 300 dollars?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    The question you should all be asking now is what will the new Han and Chewie be needed for. Will the BH faction be needed for a new event, or is this new contracts feature going to be the extent of it?
    Sounds like a good question for the Q & A on Friday - hope to see you there!

If the BH are needed for a new event, I highly doubt they'll tell us tomorrow. Unless the new event isn't panic-farm worthy, of course.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie @Kyno @Vampire_X The <<Megathread>> link on the post doesn't work

Thanks for call out! Fixed
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Not sure if you noticed this but the megathread link from the orinigal post doesn't seem to be working. I had to navigate to general discussion to enter this thread.

This is great news. This game unlike so many games out there just keeps evolving. I've been playing for over 3 years and so much has been added to this game in that time and it's an app game. Can't wait to get Bossk. As for another Han well the only question their is will he have synergy with the Han's in a squad of Han's. Also will there be an achievement for having all 5 Han Solo.
    Huge shout out to the everyone at CG for changing the tone in the forums by adding the Q&A discussions and for increasing your communications with many fans out there. So good job. ;)
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    @TVF You never know until you ask ;) and if no answer is the worst then expectation then anything better than that is a win righ! :)
  • Han for President.....
  • Sza_Bo
    84 posts Member
    What is “TU12”?

And what does “PvE table” for ships mean?

Thanks!
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    YEEAAASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

ct4ciy2l7mrg.gif
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    So is mod management never happening? It has to be one of, if not the most requested QOL change and I’ve only seen it mentioned in passing by devs... and it was mostly just dismissed as “not now”.
  • I think the most important thing to focus on here is that han should have his own tag even if it doesn't offer any bonus or synergy
  • dsteve
    91 posts Member
    Bossk legendary? We're all SW fans but I wonder how many people went "who??" and how many went "isn't that the gorn from Star Trek?".
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Sza_Bo wrote: »

A table with missions against computer teams, similar to the LS, DS, and Cantina tables.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TVF wrote: »

A table with missions against computer teams, similar to the LS, DS, and Cantina tables.
    What is “TU12”?

Thanks!

TU generally stands for title update. Similar to a version number i guess.
  • What about Porkins with his ability fatty boom boom.
  • TVF wrote: »

Where you can hopefully earn shards. The problem with this is it will surely use regular energy so now you have to figure out energy between gear, character shards or ship shards
  • Is it true that only Original Trilogy BHs are getting a rework? I find that as a missed opportunity, specially with Cad Bane. I'm sure he's more popular than Dengar and IG-88, perhaps even others (just behind Boba).
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    Gwonk wrote: »
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Can we please have 4-Lom too before you move on to Solo? Just so we can have the lineup Lucas intended 38 years ago...

No love for Zuckuss? :)
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zuckuss

Ouch. Phrasing.
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    Six bounty hunters in the game. Do they all need a rework or everyone except Boba?
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    So is mod management never happening? It has to be one of, if not the most requested QOL change and I’ve only seen it mentioned in passing by devs... and it was mostly just dismissed as “not now”.

[reposted from QA , that this is being addressed just not immediate release window]
    QUESTion: ly4oy4s] Any MOD management plans in the future?
    [CVG] We know that Mod Management is one of the hottest topics in the community (along with raid tickets which we fixed, and multi-bronzium purchase, which we have not). It's a much bigger solve than something we can do in a Quality of Life update, but know that it is top of mind. We are talking about what we need to do to improve the clarity of the system, make it easier to use, and make it more balanced across all the different mod types.
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    What is “TU12”?

Thanks!
    Others answered the first one, but these are good questions, so I'll quote for good measure. TU12 stands for Title Update 12. The title updates are the major game updates (sometimes called client updates) that require a new download from the app store.

PVE stands for "Player versus Enviroment" - in games if you are playing against a game-controlled character (or non-player character, called NPC) then you're fighting "the environment". The Light Side table, Dark Side table, Cantina table, Territory Battles, and Events are all PVE because you are fighting the game. Squad Arena, Fleet Arena, Territory Wars are all "PVP" or Player versus Player because you are fighting other people.

Thanks for asking!
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • time to resurrect the Han dynasty
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    My biggest question is "what energy will be used for Ships PVE?" Will we have to manage a scarce resource across more area (more demand on a limited supply), or will we have a special Ships PVE energy? I'm really hoping the latter, since otherwise it would mess with current farming.
  • A Chat overhaul? Wow, that was unexpected, great!

When you are at that, could you please fix it, that people who entered a wrong birthday, can change that and participate with the guild via chat? We have a member on our roster, by far over 30, where the system handles her as a 3year old. We would rather not wait 15 years, till she see's the chat. ;)

Do you have a time windows when those Chat QoL hit the servers? Thanks in advance!

/salute
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I really like the idea of the "contracts" mechanic. Sounds like a nice thematic element to the BH faction! Good stuff. Very excited for Bossk and the rework. I would also like to take this opportunity to point out that Aura Sing worked with Boba Fett and Bossk several times (and was a mother-like figure to young Boba)...just sayin' ;) (as I blow the dust off my wallet)

Beg-hinting aside, sounds like some fun stuff ahead. Keep up the good work.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

[reposted from QA , that this is being addressed just not immediate release window]
    QUESTion: ly4oy4s] Any MOD management plans in the future?
    [CVG] We know that Mod Management is one of the hottest topics in the community (along with raid tickets which we fixed, and multi-bronzium purchase, which we have not). It's a much bigger solve than something we can do in a Quality of Life update, but know that it is top of mind. We are talking about what we need to do to improve the clarity of the system, make it easier to use, and make it more balanced across all the different mod types.

Yes that’s the non-answer answer that I saw before.

“We know you want mod management and have been asking for it since release, but ya know, it’s hard. We’re looking at solutions to look at while really thinking hard about thinking about maybe helping at some point, but not now”

Did I summarize it accurately?