Content Update 4/11/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Drim
    360 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    With rewards like this The new guild rule won’t be zero tap it will be Begging people to attack.
  • Options
    Jeric wrote: »
    jedilord wrote: »
    Kyleslater wrote: »

Edit: I understand t5/6 were improved. That’s a good thing. But it’s too much of a nerf to heroic
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Also of note, those that are on TIV-VI should be happy, and as those individuals haven't started the HSTR, their disappointment will be mitigated. This was a decent long term stategy for the company.

As someone not on heroic, my rewards look like they will be better, and I have agency thanks to the increase in currency.

The currency does not offset the nerf of the rewards.

I was speaking on Tier IV-VI

The rewards are better.

no they are not, we are playing tier5

http://i.imgur.com/Zf99QU7.jpg

Looks better to me.

take a closer look, please...
    place1: only one box... they have taken the other box: and give instead only 200 ge-token more and only 1450 guild-token more!

200 ge-token -> you need 2 raids for 5 pieces of g12^^
    1450 guild-token -> you can buy 15dengar shards ... woooohoooo awful awful!

they have said, "Special attention has been paid to increasing the rewards to better fit the difficulty of the Sith Raid Tiers 5 & 6 for the population of guilds currently running those Tiers, and to rewarding guilds for "moving up" to, and performing well in, those challenging Tiers."

with only one box, that drops worse gear than a rancorraid??? and some tiny token more?? that is ridiculing that is

1st gets less gear, 40th gets more. They both get more currency. It's an improvement in the lower tiers since you need the whole guild to improve to reach and win in Heroic.

After going through the various images for Heroic, and even though I think the histrionics are a tad over-the-top, they have a point there. The shift seems more noticable and dramatic.

yes indeed heroic is more dramatic, but nevertheless the announcement from the producers is clearly... special attention is for tier5 & tier6 is nowhere...

but the most disturbing thing: it is the second sithraid nerf, but they aren´t able to fix one of the thousend sithraidbugs in answers hq... they aren´t even able to look into half of the posted bugs there^^
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    DeepChu wrote: »

Edit: I understand t5/6 were improved. That’s a good thing. But it’s too much of a nerf to heroic
    Also of note, those that are on TIV-VI should be happy, and as those individuals haven't started the HSTR, their disappointment will be mitigated. This was a decent long term stategy for the company.

As someone not on heroic, my rewards look like they will be better, and I have agency thanks to the increase in currency.

The rewards are better.

Looks better to me.

place1: only one box... they have taken the other box: and give instead only 200 ge-token more and only 1450 guild-token more!

they have said, "Special attention has been paid to increasing the rewards to better fit the difficulty of the Sith Raid Tiers 5 & 6 for the population of guilds currently running those Tiers, and to rewarding guilds for "moving up" to, and performing well in, those challenging Tiers."

with only one box, that drops worse gear than a rancorraid??? and some tiny token more?? that is ridiculing that is

1st gets less gear, 40th gets more. They both get more currency. It's an improvement in the lower tiers since you need the whole guild to improve to reach and win in Heroic.

After going through the various images for Heroic, and even though I think the histrionics are a tad over-the-top, they have a point there. The shift seems more noticable and dramatic.

40th do 1m damagem 1st do +10m damage, if 1st is gonna have the same rewards as 40th, he will not bother in make tries and lose time, so he will do 3m and then the raid won't complete.

And this is now while traya is not at 7*, then?, why bother?

This is not the right move...

As it stands now, a T7 rancor gives better rewards.
  • Keja
    43 posts Member
    Options
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    I don’t get it. You charge:
    $10 for an omega pack
    $25 for a gold mod
    $100-$200 to take a toon from g11-g12
    $300 for a new 7* character
    And you can’t give away 1 g12 piece for someone who has spent years or thousands of dollars to get the right roster to finish in the top 20 of a tough raid?

Don’t even get me started on how something that had months of planning already has 3 major changes to how status effects work, rewards and a zeta that has been around since zetas were created.

+1
  • Options
    My guild isn't doing heroic, but it's plain looking at these screenshots--new and old--and the old reward lists on swgoh.gg that the reward boxes were pretty badly nerfed (and that there isn't enough added guild event currency to make up for that). The T4 rewards--which is what my guild is currently doing--seem better in terms of guild currency, but I'm not exactly looking forward to cracking these reward boxes open until this is addressed. Carrie's already said they're looking into it, so I'm willing to wait for an official response.

Also, with FOE coming to an early cantina node... I have to wonder whether or not First Order is going to become the dark-side Phoenix equivalent; good, available early, useful for events--including at least one Legendary character--and pretty solid in early-game arena. I'm sure new players will appreciate that they now have another optimal choice besides the sea of "go Phoenix man!"

@TVF Man, you're obnoxious. No, really; every time the community gets mad about something--however warranted that anger is, or isn't, is irrelevant--you're reliably there kittenposting and mocking them for being upset (without ever offering something constructive). I'm going to officially deem you--even if it's just in my own mind--That Guy.
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Well, since it's been 2 hours, and devs still haven't issued a response, it's obvious that the HUGE nerf to Sith Raid rewards was something they fully intended.

It's only been about an hour (maybe a little more) since Carrie said they were looking into it.
  • Options
    40ths rewards are crappier now than they were, and first why bother trying now, you get crap rewards. This is absurd, great way to kill your whales.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Options
    TheChode wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    I don’t get it. You charge:
    $10 for an omega pack
    $25 for a gold mod
    $100-$200 to take a toon from g11-g12
    $300 for a new 7* character
    And you can’t give away 1 g12 piece for someone who has spent years or thousands of dollars to get the right roster to finish in the top 20 of a tough raid?

Don’t even get me started on how something that had months of planning already has 3 major changes to how status effects work, rewards and a zeta that has been around since zetas were created.

So right you are. All they seem to care about is their bottom line. Could care less about their players as they have proven time and time again.

I have no problem with them making money and I have no problem spending money on this game. It’s a great game I just wish they were a little more client focused and when they release a product to get it right the first time. Literally one of the worst thing you can do in business is set expectations and then constantly under deliver.

• TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    @TVF Man, you're obnoxious. No, really; every time the community gets mad about something--however warranted that anger is, or isn't, is irrelevant--you're reliably there kittenposting and mocking them for being upset (without ever offering something constructive). I'm going to officially deem you--even if it's just in my own mind--That Guy.

Sweet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options

The rewards are better.

Looks better to me.

40th do 1m damagem 1st do +10m damage, if 1st is gonna have the same rewards as 40th, he will not bother in make tries and lose time, so he will do 3m and then the raid won't complete.

In Heroic you would have a point, but not in the lower tiers. The goal in the lower tiers is to progress and move up to the higher tiers. You need the whole guild to progress to be successful in the next tier. The changes to the lower tiers would accelerate progress to heroic for everyone ... including the ones who place higher ...
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Brownie wrote: »
    You just dont want people progressing faster than you...

Don't be silly.

Way to address the fact that you havent done a heroic sith raid and therefore cannot comment on what rewards are deserving...
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Well, since it's been 2 hours, and devs still haven't issued a response, it's obvious that the HUGE nerf to Sith Raid rewards was something they fully intended.

Lol.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1519423#Comment_1519423
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Hey guys - we are looking into this right now. Response from someone on the team incoming.

This is what I mean when I talk about ridiculous overreactions.

That's not a real response (though it is most certainly better than the silence of the past).
    If this was a bug (T6 gear rewards were accidentally pushed to T7) than they would have simply said so. Their silence means they somehow thought the playerbase would be okay getting significantly less rewards for the HSith, and now they're meeting trying to figure out how they can salvage this crapshow.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I will even give them time to change this. If they are okay doing this, I don't want to be around for 6 dot mods
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Don't be silly.

The truth hurts.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Probably time to switch to Marvel, or some game that appreciates our business and doesn’t screw us every chance they get.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    R0n_Sn0w wrote: »
    image.png

This is disgustingly low compared to what it was earlier. It feels like a massive setback to the heroic guilds.

What you should be paying attention to is the 3700 guild currency you got, which is insane. They're basically giving you the choice on what gear you want, rather than a random drop

Lemme know when I can buy G12 salvage with regular ol' guild currency
    Darsid238 wrote: »
    image.png

This is disgustingly low compared to what it was earlier. It feels like a massive setback to the heroic guilds.

What you should be paying attention to is the 3700 guild currency you got, which is insane. They're basically giving you the choice on what gear you want, rather than a random drop

@Tuftedpaper85 Guild currency doesn’t replace The lack of G12 drops. If guild EVENTS currency was 3500 then that would be a different story.
    nfsseb1978 wrote: »
    image.png

You can’t buy G12 gear with guild currency.........which is kinda the point I think most people are getting at. Can only buy G11 gear used to reach G12. So the choice is much smaller than you are getting at.

You can't buy gear 12 gear, but you can buy gear to get characters to gear 12, which is a huge bottleneck. The 3700 currency helps out a lot.

Not even close to the reality.
    Guild shop currency is peanuts compared to crafted g12 pieces.
    Don't even try to compare again.
  • Options
    Unbelieva... wait, no, no, no.
    Believable.
    And disappointing.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

Don't be silly.

Way to address the fact that you havent done a heroic sith raid and therefore cannot comment and what rewards are deserving...

I haven't done a heroic sith raid but it's irrelevant, because I can comment on overreactions and impatience quite reasonably, thank you very much.
  • Options

Not true. People in my guild at 50 were getting better rewards than this.

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

The rewards are better.

Looks better to me.

As it stands now, a T7 rancor gives better rewards.

Don't worry, they said they would butcher those rewards too in due time
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

Lol.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1519423#Comment_1519423
    Hey guys - we are looking into this right now. Response from someone on the team incoming.

That's not a real response (though it is most certainly better than the silence of the past).
    If this was a bug (T6 gear rewards were accidentally pushed to T7) than they would have simply said so. Their silence means they somehow though the playerbase would be okay getting significantly less rewards for the HSith, and now they're meeting trying to figure out how they can salvage this crapshow.

You sure know everything about what is going on, don't you?
  • Options
    Congratulations! I have been resisting for months but you have finally made this Dolphin (for 2+ years) into FTP player. Bye
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Don't be silly.

The truth hurts.

My posts have nothing to do with wanting to hold back others who are doing a higher tier than I am. That's a stupid supposition.
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    Options

Don't be silly.

Way to address the fact that you havent done a heroic sith raid and therefore cannot comment and what rewards are deserving...

I haven't done a heroic sith raid but it's irrelevant, because I can comment on overreactions and impatience quite reasonably, thank you very much.

How is it overreacting when they tell us they are IMPROVING rewards and then go on to significantly nerf them? Yes, they are going to give us more information, but as of right now, I cannot think of anything they will say that can undo what they just did, outside of restoring the original rewards.
  • Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Can you confirm that you meant "Recommended Lvl: 85" ?
    It's only for lvl 85 now?!?!

This was a typo, it's been removed.

Thanks for the heart attack...

They keep making these typos. Level 85 or better, 7 dot mods, it means there's 100% chance all of these things are coming, and the more they happen they sooner they're going to arrive.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options

Sweet.

It isn't a compliment. :^)
  • Options
    im happy you guys keep your standarts at devs team.. everytime there you do smg right you do smg wrong to balance things out.. we r one of many heroic guilds who hold their rewards to get those "improve" rewards.. now all i feel is pain in my butt as you guys forget about lub (again)..

time to let game die.. you prove once again (on monthly basis) that you have no idea what are you doing
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options

Lol.

If this was a bug (T6 gear rewards were accidentally pushed to T7) than they would have simply said so. Their silence means they somehow though the playerbase would be okay getting significantly less rewards for the HSith, and now they're meeting trying to figure out how they can salvage this crapshow.

You sure know everything about what is going on, don't you?

Well he is exactly right. he probably works in IT. This is exactly what is going on right now.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

Sweet.

It isn't a compliment. :^)

Thanks Ric Olie, I had no idea.
  • Options

Don't be silly.

Actually, you just love to get shafted
  • Options
    I like how that one guy is ok with the change to the thing he doesn't do, but knows what's best for the other guys who do do the thing.