Content Update 4/11/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    xanderxman wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    As i said in another thread, I think it’s safe to assume this is a technical problem and NOT what they intended. Before we all burn them at the stake let’s give them at least a little time to respond. That typically will get you better resolution than insults and ultimatums. They have been really good with communication lately so I find it hard to believe that making the rewards far, far worse was intentional. I have a feeling in the next couple of days, they’ll let us know there was an issue with the update, they’ll fix it and all will be well.

If not though, I’ll join in on the flaming :wink:

They already know at this point if this is what was intended. And after this much debate on the matter I would think if they didn't intend it they would have jumped in and said something already. You know, better communication and all. The silence tells me this was fully intended and will not be addressed unless there is an uproar.

Exactly. It's been over 5 hours since CG_Carrie went to "check to see if this was working". The silence is deafening. It doesn't take 5+ hours to look at the code (or the numerous screenshots posted here and on Reddit) and say "That's not right."

The only thing they could possibly be doing at this point is discussing what flavor sugar they are going to coat the "WAI" response with.

I'm honestly just curious as to why they decided to do this primarily to the long-time customers and loyal supporters. When you nerf only the highest level of the most difficult end-game content, you are have singled out only one group - those that have stuck with you since launch and many of them with money as well as time. Those that put up with Barris-gate (some of us BOTH times) and mod-gate. Those that waited for over a year for Teebo to actually work. Those that played before there were sims, and ships. Pre-guilds and no raids. Before "August".

Some companies actually reward their long-time loyal customers. Instead we get this. Makes no sense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Really hope they staged people to cover the 12hrs following content release to address flaws. Seems to me that this qualifies as needing to be addressed asap. Pretty disappointed that it's not already corrected considering it was being looked at hours ago.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    I really like this game and have invested a fair amount (roughly $3,200 USD).
    (...)
    Effective immediately I'm free to play again.
    Whaat LOL I think they already got all the money they could wish from 1 person. Imagine they got over 3k from every player that's insane

Considering the numbers out there, I don't think that amount even hits dolphin status. I'm in the same boat (pun intended) and feel like a sea bass.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    287ld0.jpg
  • Options
    Looking for the real sith rewards

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    This game isn't just about the whales, and as of right now I doubt anyone can Solo the sith raid heroic so it is a group effort. This change definitely reward the lower level guys or those who can't always finish #1.

You can have a whale guild and someone will still finish 50th, and that doesn't mean the person who placed 50th is a total slacker. CG has been very good lately about being responsive to your complaints and opening up the comm channels. You guys are a little overboard with all of this complaining.

You mean except that the drops were nerfed all the way down. No one is getting more than before. Everyone is getting significantly less. CG posted that it was overall a 20% gain. It's on average about a 50-70% loss across the board. You should probably look and see what is happening before just posting random stuff.

Thank you!
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Really hope they staged people to cover the 12hrs following content release to address flaws. Seems to me that this qualifies as needing to be addressed asap. Pretty disappointed that it's not already corrected considering it was being looked at hours ago.
    If you don’t realize this is completely WAI then you haven’t been paying attention to anything CG has done. They’re just mulling over if players will stay bent over for them to keep the new rewards so we’ll spend more or if players are leaving or asking for refunds already and it needs to be reversed or remedied. Moral of the story is speak their language and ask for a refund for all the crystals you wasted chasing those previously good raid rewards.
  • Risz
    134 posts Member
    Options
    They are working hand in hand with Marvel Strike Force, they are gonna force the migration there

I don't see any other logical reason behind all of this
  • Options
    xanderxman wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    As i said in another thread, I think it’s safe to assume this is a technical problem and NOT what they intended. Before we all burn them at the stake let’s give them at least a little time to respond. That typically will get you better resolution than insults and ultimatums. They have been really good with communication lately so I find it hard to believe that making the rewards far, far worse was intentional. I have a feeling in the next couple of days, they’ll let us know there was an issue with the update, they’ll fix it and all will be well.

If not though, I’ll join in on the flaming :wink:

They already know at this point if this is what was intended. And after this much debate on the matter I would think if they didn't intend it they would have jumped in and said something already. You know, better communication and all. The silence tells me this was fully intended and will not be addressed unless there is an uproar.

Logic!! This huge of a nerf doesn't take long to recognize and say hey...code biff let us fix this. The game's lead designer I'm sure is fully aware whether it was the intent to completely nuke the rewards prior to today.
  • Options
    I have gone back and read numerous posts by @CG_Carrie and everywhere I can find it was stated that rewards would be increased. This is NOT an increase. It is a nerf. Plain and simple. We got worked over with this and it is not acceptable. Not even close.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Anyone remember when General Grievous shards "accidentally" went on sale. They fixed that in about 45 minutes. lol :D

Yeah, for those hoping this is a "coding error" or "bug", I hate to burst your bubble, but they're probably just booking YouTube and Twitch interviews with Game Changers so they can decide how they are going to spin this. Oh - and taking bets on the over/under on page numbers on this thread.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    If you consider how they've changed the loot box descriptions, this comes out to me as fully intentional... It doesn't look like a bug at all, but rather like the designers were completely out of touch with the recent forum threads and what they perceive as 'good' rewards. The only thing I expect now is a thread stating how these changes are better for the future of the game... when this happens, I assure you a lot of people will leave.

This is very disappointing. For once we expected a positive feedback and improvement from the game, but this comes out purely as a lie. Very unfortunate. It was nice playing this game.
  • Options
    Unless someone is working OT, we got a "someone is looking into it" as they headed out the door.

Which is a common tactic. Only thing different this time, is that it's not being done on a Friday so they could let fire die down over the weekend. Someone forgot what day it was...
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Anyone remember when General Grievous shards "accidentally" went on sale. They fixed that in about 45 minutes. lol :D

Yeah, for those hoping this is a "coding error" or "bug", I hate to burst your bubble, but they're probably just booking YouTube and Twitch interviews with Game Changers so they can decide how they are going to spin this. Oh - and taking bets on the over/under on page numbers on this thread.

My favorite was free mod upgrade day... that was also fixed pretty fast.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    "Improved Communication". Well, that went away fast. :D

• Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Unless someone is working OT, we got a "someone is looking into it" as they headed out the door.

Which is a common tactic. Only thing different this time, is that it's not being done on a Friday so they could let fire die down over the weekend. Someone forgot what day it was...

On reddit they promised an update "later today".
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    As a player in a tier 4 guild, it's obvious we wanna climb up as we grow.

I've read pretty much all the posts but the fact is, the screen shots show clearly the difference. It's unbelievable.

Top guilds deserve top rewards and the effort and time players put in (money, too) only to see the golden ticket snatched away doesn't promote players and guilds putting the effort in or lower ones to work together and try higher tiers.

Hoping they revert the Heroic rewards to before this update and the right call is made by the devs.

• Options
    It is a really sad day. After all that communication and explaining there was a glimmer of hope. But in retro-perspective this sounds like a bad sales pitch. Hope that the minimal increase in guild event currency and the mediocre increase in guild store currency could hide the reduced chance of full gear drops. In average there is less than before despite the announcement. After 2.5 years of such games by confusing players with RNG it is time top stop and be honest about rewards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Unfortunately, I think that ship may have sailed. They're probably at happy hour by now....

not true. they are in the office late.
  • Options
    It is a really sad day. After all that communication and explaining there was a glimmer of hope. But in retro-perspective this sounds like a bad sales pitch. Hope that the minimal increase in guild event currency and the mediocre increase in guild store currency could hide the reduced chance of full gear drops. In average there is less than before despite the announcement. After 2.5 years of such games by confusing players with RNG it is time top stop and be honest about rewards.

Agree Beat...they sold us better rewards overall, but instead absolutely obliterated the prizes. Some kind of adjustment down for the top few ranks I knew was coming, but a complete devaluation of the rewards down to the levels of Rancor / AAT to where it was irrelevant so fast after launch was shocking.
  • Options
    I suppose a big thank you is in order CG! Now I can finally put this time sucking game down and not feel bad about it. Oh the money you are saving me! Thank you!
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Unfortunately, I think that ship may have sailed. They're probably at happy hour by now....

As a mod, are you telling us definitively that they are still in the office "looking into this"?

If so, that's a positive step, but an official communication would be much, much, much better for everyone. I can only imagine the amount of refunds that are being requested right now.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options

Agree Beat...they sold us better rewards overall, but instead absolutely obliterated the prizes. Some kind of adjustment down for the top few ranks I knew was coming, but a complete devaluation of the rewards down to the levels of Rancor / AAT to where it was irrelevant so fast after launch was shocking.

Hmm... Reminds me off when they sold us on mod changes...
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/54316/update-on-mods-and-a-note-about-getting-stuck-in-the-mod-tutorial
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kell_Jon wrote: »

As a mod, are you telling us definitively that they are still in the office "looking into this"?

If so, that's a positive step, but an official communication would be much, much, much better for everyone. I can only imagine the amount of refunds that are being requested right now.

as a mod yes i am.

as a player, you are preaching to the choir.

they have to do what they have to do to make statements. nothing we can do about that.
  • Options
    This is not the time to let the community stew over an update. This is the time that, if they are in the office late, they need to be active here to let people know that this was not intended and they are fixing it. The lack of that tells me what I need to know. They don't truly care at this point.

There is no other legitimate way to explain this. A full on nerf of raid rewards and no communication is not what we asked for, nor is it what we were told would happen.
  • Options
    Already seeing new heroic rewards. Biggest step backwards in EA history. Horrible isn't remotely close 8f these p8cs ate real

I couldn’t agree with you more! I strived to try and finish in top 10 of the Heroic Sith Triumvirate Raid (hSTR) but now I don’t even want to participate other than log a zero. The raid rewards before gave players something to look forward to after spending a ton of effort to beat the hSTR. This truly was a gamechanging move, and not for the benefit of the players. Pretty much a smack in the face of the serious players like myself.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

An official communication will probably require lots of meeting, and high level approval. CG Carrie said an answer will come today. It's not that late on the west coast where their office is. I'm pretty disgusted by the change, but I'm hopeful they'll have something to tell us tonight.
  • Options

as a mod yes i am.

as a player, you are preaching to the choir.

they have to do what they have to do to make statements. nothing we can do about that.

Thanks for the confirmation, it's much appreciated.