Rebel Roundup [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Event gets a thumbs up from me ! Pretty easy with IT on all tries but interested to try BH tomorrow
  • Options
    Breezed thru all tiers with Imp Troopers. Was a fun event, even if I didn't find it challenging. Rewards were good (shard shop fodder), all in all I liked it. Thanks @CG_Carrie
  • Options
    Lots of fun for me! Almost cleared 2nd tier with BH, geared Bossk would probably get it sorted. Tried Bonus tier with Veers Snow Starck Storm Magma but no joy in 8th round, had to sub in Shore and DT for more healing and offense. Good stuff, enjoyed it a lot.
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

PS: To make sith raid more bearable, why not just add assualt battle bonuses to each faction?

They said a long time ago that they plan on all assault battles being reworked.

• Options
    Had trouble with the bonus tier at first. Swapped out Shore trooper for Magma and was able to beat it. Zeers g12, DT g11, Snow/Magma g10, Starck g9 with all the omegas on everyone.

Challenging but still fun, that shard shop currency helps with gear crunch, hopefully they do more of these with other factions.
  • Options
    This event is ridiculous. Whatever brain trust decided it was suitable for 5* gear 8 chars has obviously never played. My BH team (all 7* with good mods min gear 8-10) gets wrecked, lost my first char in the 3rd battle. Can you guys maybe test this stuff? Cue the trolls who will claim they beat it with 5*’s....
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    I tend to do a fair amount of complaining so I really wanted to say thank you for this event. Bonus was a challenge, event overall was fun - loved going against all those comps in a row, and the rewards (all shard shop currency for me, but I was very happy with the 3k+ I got!) were great. More like this please!
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    Options
    Loved this event! Great rewards and enjoyed slaughtering rebels with my Imperials.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    Tsfletch72 wrote: »
    This event is ridiculous. Whatever brain trust decided it was suitable for 5* gear 8 chars has obviously never played. My BH team (all 7* with good mods min gear 8-10) gets wrecked, lost my first char in the 3rd battle. Can you guys maybe test this stuff? Cue the trolls who will claim they beat it with 5*’s....

You'd need Bossk well geared/starred to make a BH team work in this event methinks. BH's are glass cannons, you need someone to soak damage if you're using them. Troopers are a better faction for this event imo.
  • Maxx121312
    191 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone refreshed tier 1 or 2? Was wondering how many shards drop - could be worth the crystals?
  • Options

Muaddib wrote: »

You'd need Bossk well geared/starred to make a BH team work in this event methinks. BH's are glass cannons, you need someone to soak damage if you're using them. Troopers are a better faction for this event imo.

You’re missing my point. I’m not asking how to make my team work, I’m pointing out how **** it is to say this event is reasonable for level 75 5* gear 8 characters. If they want to make difficult events fine, don’t lie about the degree of difficulty. Why add insult to injury?
  • Options
    I am curious if anyone else has had this happen or if it’s WAI. The Scarif Rebel Pathfinder keeps self res over and over and over without end. He does not get a turn yet he’s able to res repeatedly. Baze took 10 turns in phase 1. He shot, shot again and continued to shoot, so do the Rebels also have the mini gun feature? Also boba is not ignoring taunt. I was forced to shoot Pathfinders and Baze when taunts were active dispute trying repeatedly to target Chirrut to kill him off.

Appreciate any advice or insight to others experiences.
  • Options
    I am curious if anyone else has had this happen or if it’s WAI. The Scarif Rebel Pathfinder keeps self res over and over and over without end. He does not get a turn yet he’s able to res repeatedly. Baze took 10 turns in phase 1. He shot, shot again and continued to shoot, so do the Rebels also have the mini gun feature? Also boba is not ignoring taunt. I was forced to shoot Pathfinders and Baze when taunts were active dispute trying repeatedly to target Chirrut to kill him off.

If SRP has any buff he will continue to res.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

SRP revives every time if he has any buff (which can be exploited by Troopers), didn't he have HoT from Chirrut? Or maybe the HoT gets "applied" even if he dies from the attack, causing him to revive.
    Didn't experience the other two issues you wrote, though.
  • Options
    Must be the Chirriut buff upon death of Trooper. That makes sense.

I was able to clear round 1, finally, and then Rogue 1 wiped the floor with BH team. This is definatley interesting wording on 5* friendly. My team is all GS 10 and 7* with good Pot mods.
  • Options
    Zetad Veers last night and was pleasantly surprised to have a test event for him! Struggled with T2, but eventually was able to conquer it. Great event, keep them coming!

zVeers 6* G8, Starck 7* g8, SnowTrooper 7* g8, Death Trooper 5* G9, Shoretrooper 5* g8. Not maxed abilities for Death or Shore, but was able to overcome it with careful strategy and good mods.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    ReveNCZ wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    ReveNCZ wrote: »
    g11 troopers, zeta veers and no problems...but rewards not great. everything goes to shard shop and i dont get why ship mats are there...have thousands of those and all ship maxed. would rather take credits no matter toons or ship or gear salvages. i dont get why all assault battles cannot have same rewards as the sith assault battle for which u need phoenix. even if u dont need shards, there still some credits and good salvages for gear needed also for long time players and no trash.

I liked the massive shard shop currency. Anywhere from 3-4K worth depending on who you have done. So far from just the current drops in my shop I grabbed 5 mk5 datapad prototypes, 5 mk8 eyeball prototypes and 5 stun gun salavge. And that still leaves me with 2500 extra currency to keep playing with

come on, dont be dumb. this is just the first time rewards...every event had those. for replays this event has like worst rewards from all assault battles.

Who is being dumb? Three tiers. This round awarded me 3300 shard shop currency.
    Who knows what will come of the replays and how many shards and credits you get?
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Fun fact: lobot in wave 4 has roughly 400k h/p =D

I noticed that Lobot and Commander Luke seemed to be the two characters that gave me the most trouble in the first two tiers. Lobot because he seemed to have equal health to all the others in wave 4 and Commander Luke...because he's Commander Luke. xD But seriously, his regaining protection kept messing with my Troopers tm train.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the bonus tier the next time it comes around because I'll have gotten my DT and Shore to 7* by then. Curious to see if I can still complete that one with my g8 Snow. xD

Snow is the mvp yet again. Get him up and all omega’d out. Between him zVeers and Starkc, my shore and zdt were just eye candy.
    I tried the event ability just to try it- you don’t need it. They miss 3/5 times. Spam that aoe

His abilities are all maxed, he's just not geared as much as the others. I probably need to fix his mods too because he's not critting as much as I'd like. But my Snow is definitely the mvp of my Troopers team.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options

You’re missing my point. I’m not asking how to make my team work, I’m pointing out how **** it is to say this event is reasonable for level 75 5* gear 8 characters. If they want to make difficult events fine, don’t lie about the degree of difficulty. Why add insult to injury?

I didn't miss your point and I didn't tell you how to make your team work. I told you you're using the wrong team. ;) There are always 2 faction options for these events. Typically, one is a MUCH better option. They're not insulting you, they're "guiding you." (Look at Storm's omega abilities. Look at the special event ability.)
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    I beat the bonus tier with G10 Veers (zeta), G11 DT, G10 storm trooper, G10 shore, and G9 starck. I recommend killing Han and Chewie first in the 7th round and then using basic attacks on the rebel soldiers to recharge cooldowns. (They do like no damage so it’s fine.) For the final tier, don’t use any abilities until Starck uses his first special to grant crit damage up to everyone, then Nuke the rebel officer with veers’ mass assist. This will then activate DT’s Death Mark, and you can then melt CLS (do it fast cuz he hits hard on the counter attacks). Then get rid of the Scarif rebel pathfinder because of his taunts and then go for Ahsoka. She is difficult to kill with her self cleanses and protection up so try to stagger her and get rid of her quickly. Then R2 and Leia should be easy.
    Some extra tips:
    - to quickly get rid of a character use storm troopers rapid fire (provided you have omegaed his basic) as when he misses attacks, he inflicts expose. If you have 3 or 4 exposes it will take out a huge chunk of health on the target enemy.
    - Don’t necessarily go for lando first. Just be careful to keep him under control with crit immunity and stagger, and be mindful of lobot’s cleanse. The more lando uses his special, the more the damage racks up.
    - If you are struggling with a certain boss, take out a weaker toon first, then use death mark on them. As long as it isn’t cleansed, the death mark will kill them quickly. To maximize the use out of this, use rapid fire to try and hit multiple times.
    - Col. Starck is one of the best characters for this. Time his first and second abilities wisely in conjunction with veers’ mass assist, and DT’s terminate (even without the death mark it hits like a truck). Additionally, his second ability can dispel the primary target, so make sure you use it wisely.
    - One if the most important parts of this team are its double tank line up. Make sure Storm and Shore are working with each other, with one stepping in only when the other needs help. Using both at the same time also work to distribute damage more efficiently, how ever if both are dispelled that leaves a significant cooldown before they can taunt again. (Also shore’s special doesn’t have to serve exclusively as a taunt, if he has buff immunity he can still heal and grant crit immunity)

I hope my input has been helpful to anyone struggling along their path. Good luck
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
    The approx 4.5K shard shop currency was extremely welcome :)
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Completely agree. I don't care if they're hinting at the other squad. Don't say it's doable at 75 G8 with BH's if it isn't. Plain and simple. I don't think it's do able with troopers at 75 gear 8. Everyone above seems to be 85, G10+ omega's and zeta's. If you're 75, you have none of that.

I'm not complaining either mind you, just stating the obvious. I tried a few runs and just was like 'yep...must be 85, not 75' and blew it off. No chance, then why bother? There were a few seconds of 'thanks for pulling the rug out', but not a huge deal. Though disappointing that people basically are backing up a brinks truck for the rewards..
  • Options
    jackaldo20 wrote: »
    This assault battle is honestly much easier than alot of the others..
    My only complaint is the imperial troopers ability is kinda useless and is meant to recreate the potato aim in the movies...
    Great job anyways,CG.

I could only beat all tiers with imperial troopers. They aren’t useless at all
  • Sochie
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Got 3 rounds into Tier I before I was massacred. Boba G10, Snow G9, IG88 G8, Greedo G8, Cad G7. Decent mods on most. Tired of EA moving the goal post on us. Always have to change direction and start working up a different set of teams just to complete one silly event.
  • Options
    Sochie wrote: »
    Got 3 rounds into Tier I before I was massacred. Boba G10, Snow G9, IG88 G8, Greedo G8, Cad G7. Decent mods on most. Tired of EA moving the goal post on us. Always have to change direction and start working up a different set of teams just to complete one silly event.

That’s how I feel about territory battle platoons. The end goal will forever out of reach.
  • Options

I didn't miss your point and I didn't tell you how to make your team work. I told you you're using the wrong team. ;) There are always 2 faction options for these events. Typically, one is a MUCH better option. They're not insulting you, they're "guiding you." (Look at Storm's omega abilities. Look at the special event ability.)

That’s exactly what you did actually, you told me I’d need a well geared Bossk. That being said, you couldn’t do this event with 5* 75 gear 8 troopers, your “right team”. THAT is my point, which you obviously missed because you continued to address the EXAMPLE I was using to illustrate my POINT. See the difference? ;)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Sochie wrote: »
    If you think the event is silly, then don't do it.

But this isn't moving any goal posts. This is creating a new goal post on a different field. This is giving something to folks who farmed up Imperial Troopers or Bounty Hunters before because they liked those teams or because they wanted Probe Droid shards for their guild or because they just wanted them. This isn't about you, so quit acting like a victim.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Speirthine
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Kinds of sucks that players with full 85 and zetas get to experience these events now. I started a few months ago and really enjoyed that I could do these events because it gave players with lower characters something more to do in game. And having to have ideal team doesn't work for those that haven't played that long so missing out on these events makes the game more boring and less interesting to future players.
    Post edited by Speirthine on
  • Options
    The event ability for troopers is awful. The expose from stormtrooper doesn’t stack so that’s kinda disappointing. You would think 4 misses would give you 4 exposes but nooo