Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    Options
    Completely agree. The changes to ship has really pushed me towards the edge of quitting.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Rapid wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I like 3-ship starting lineups, I just cannot stand that the capital ships were largely ignored in the update, which resulted in Endurance being a complete waste and the already-great Executrix and Chimaera becoming unstoppable killing machines.

I finally found an Endurance and Home One to play against on my leaderboard so I could get a better feel for ship combat and it's more fun than before. The problem is that I'm currently sitting at 220 on the board, with approximately 219 Executrices and Chimaeras ahead of me.

My big issue with ships 1.0 was that of the four capital ships, Chimaera completely dominated, Executrix was great for people who hadn't unlocked Chimaera yet, Home One was useful for unlocking Chimaera and then never looking at again, and Endurance existed for......... I dunno, reasons?

Now you have two dominant ships and two that may as well be launched into the sun. Why use anything else?

Call yourself a 'top player' sitting at 220? :joy:

Endurance hasn't been ignored, it's ultimate has been completely reworked. are you saying it's still no good? because that's a different thing to being ignored.

Link me where I said I was a top player.

"Ignored" "no good" shut up. Don't be a pedantic semantic. You know what I mean.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    @GOWLIKEABOSS I disagree. Look at the packs for $ale right now. They needed a new form of resource so they could charge for it, and they needed it to be disruptive enough to incentivize spenders to feel like they needed it.

Does anyone else find it interesting that there's no pack available for Empire and Rebel ships with Reinforcement abilities, just Separatists and Galactic Republic?

No, I get your point. There is now an incentive to farm (or buy) previously bad ships, because they have been reworked.

BUT, as most top people will have no spaces for them (they'll just cut out two ships they used before) CG will not make nearly the money they would have if the had added slots instead or removing them. I ran meta, I placed 1, 2, or 3 routinely. I'm not reframing ships. Don't need to. I just cut out two ships from my team. I strongly suspect that's what most players running the meta will do.

By the time we get a new meta (with a grevious capital ship or something) those buy packs will be gone from the store.
  • Options
    So overall I'm highly digging the ships overhaul. But, as I am an avid fan of Imperial Tie Fighter, I begin to realize that he is dodging significantly less. I looked at the stats and they cut his Dodge chance by 20%.hes a really squishy ship as is, but now he's taking hits more often then Kim K's chin in "that video". They did buff the turn meter gain for the capital ship which is neat, I guess, but I'm a little disappointed to see one of my "pride and joy" ships getting obliterated within a few turns. It used to be that if you saw tie fighter, you would strategize and only hit him with attacks that couldn't be evaded. But now he's fair game, unless he has foresight which he only gets once every few turns, if he even lasts that long.
  • BAST420
    33 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yes such a great idea to have us lose 2 ships to make way for this 100% worthless reinforcement "bonus". I mean really why would we want to keep our full squad of ships when we can have a "bonus" that does absolutely nothing to effect the outcome of the battle?
    Really...bang up job.
    It's really too bad we can't leave voice posts in here because text doesn't express the full levels of sarcasm that I want to express.

I mean seriously if you guys are going to keep a screwing around with the ship battles and constantly aggravating players, why don't you just do away with the ship battles all together? This way the forum won't be constantly flooded with posts like this.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    EDIT for context: This was a reply in another thread that got merged in here.

Clone Sgt's ARC is really good reinforcement now. It gets protection up when it comes in, which is okay sure whatever, but more importantly it will taunt whenever it has protection. It works like Sun Fac's old taunt, so that even if it's dispelled through one of the eight-thousand-five-hundred-sixteen different dispels out there, it will automatically retaunt at the start of the next enemy turn if it has any protection left.

Also, its special used to be unavoidable against target lock, but is now unavoidable all the time and automatically crits against target lock.

The basic got an upgrade, too, but I can't remember what exactly it does.

The only caveat, and one I've tested myself: The reinforcement ability is worded such that it sounds like you only gain protection from being a reinforcement, and taunt always. Not correct. It probably *SHOULD* be this way, but it's not. If Sarge is in your starting lineup, he will never taunt.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Like all the new things, this will need time to settle in. RNG goes away after ship Omegas and new hardware is added. Then teams will start to pull away in the arena. Also Understanding how the new meta will or won’t work; I believe that there will be a counter to whatever team becomes like-meta.

I like the change because it adds more depth to another aspect of the game. With everyone on the same page as it begins, it seems to be super RNG dependent. So it will take a month or so before we notice the entire vision. Everyone is entitled to their initial opinions and feedback, but I’ve learned with this game to give it time.
    Post edited by KueChael on
  • Options
    I didn't think it was possible, but they made me hate ships more than I already did. On my alt account, I was just about to 3* the ship challenge. Now I can't even beat it and had to drop down to simming a lower tier.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    Rapid wrote: »
    I like 3-ship starting lineups, I just cannot stand that the capital ships were largely ignored in the update, which resulted in Endurance being a complete waste and the already-great Executrix and Chimaera becoming unstoppable killing machines.

I finally found an Endurance and Home One to play against on my leaderboard so I could get a better feel for ship combat and it's more fun than before. The problem is that I'm currently sitting at 220 on the board, with approximately 219 Executrices and Chimaeras ahead of me.

My big issue with ships 1.0 was that of the four capital ships, Chimaera completely dominated, Executrix was great for people who hadn't unlocked Chimaera yet, Home One was useful for unlocking Chimaera and then never looking at again, and Endurance existed for......... I dunno, reasons?

Now you have two dominant ships and two that may as well be launched into the sun. Why use anything else?

Call yourself a 'top player' sitting at 220? :joy:

Endurance hasn't been ignored, it's ultimate has been completely reworked. are you saying it's still no good? because that's a different thing to being ignored.

Link me where I said I was a top player.

"Ignored" "no good" shut up. Don't be a pedantic semantic. You know what I mean.

my apologies, not sure how i got you confused with snakesonaplane.

anyway, it's not semantics, they're two completely different things. my question was genuine, not rhetorical. it's not like they've ignored endurance. reworking the ultimate could pave the way for better synergy for new ships in the future. furthermore, when ship reinforcement abilities get maxed that will also change the landscape of 2.0.significantly.

it may be that it's still 'no good' however. I wouldn't know any I don't use it, hence the question.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Clone Sgt's ARC is really good reinforcement now. It gets protection up when it comes in, which is okay sure whatever, but more importantly it will taunt whenever it has protection. It works like Sun Fac's old taunt, so that even if it's dispelled through one of the eight-thousand-five-hundred-sixteen different dispels out there, it will automatically retaunt at the start of the next enemy turn if it has any protection left.

Also, its special used to be unavoidable against target lock, but is now unavoidable all the time and automatically crits against target lock.

The only caveat, and one I've tested myself: The reinforcement ability is worded such that it sounds like you only gain protection from being a reinforcement, and taunt always. Not correct. It probably *SHOULD* be this way, but it's not. If Sarge is in your starting lineup, he will never taunt.

So basically another Biggs minus the prot regen (but maybe offset by higher base prot). Oh great. Are there any ships inflicting buff immunity or is the only way around maxed GSpy and his random enemy taunt?
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

So basically another Biggs minus the prot regen (but maybe offset by higher base prot). Oh great. Are there any ships inflicting buff immunity or is the only way around maxed GSpy and his random enemy taunt?

Wedge and TIE.
  • Options
    I agree. I hate ships more than I used to. I wouldn't say I hated them before, just wasn't a big fan. Now I hate them.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

Wedge and TIE.

So Biggs' weakness is his best pal. I kinda like that...
  • Options

Gauntlet Starfighter inflicts Buff Immunity and should be super fast in an Empire lineup. It makes sense that this will likely be a good ship as Gar and ISC don’t see much use anywhere else outside of minor PvE teams.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Options
    No question that the new fleet arena is horrible. I was really looking forward to a shake-up, but immediately you find that Vader's ship + Biggs + 1 is the winning starting lineup. Every. Single. Team. Is. The. Same.
    Bad BAD idea, CG.
    Far from being better, fleet arena is now completely ruined
    What are the chances that the beta testers for this cried out for this to NOT go ahead, and were ignored?
    (I understand that it is still early days, but this is BAD)
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    What are the chances that the beta testers for this cried out for this to NOT go ahead, and were ignored?

Actually I've got it on pretty good authority that was exactly what happened.

I'd disagree every team is the same though. Different reinforcements will make a huge difference to the outcome of battle imo. furthermore, these reinforcement ability mats seem like they're going to be so rare, people's choice on who to put them on will be a huge decision and influence battles significantly.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    No question that the new fleet arena is horrible. I was really looking forward to a shake-up, but immediately you find that Vader's ship + Biggs + 1 is the winning starting lineup. Every. Single. Team. Is. The. Same.
    Bad BAD idea, CG.
    Far from being better, fleet arena is now completely ruined
    (I understand that it is still early days, but this is BAD)

Might be because everybody already has Vader and Biggs and no counters have surfaced yet, I would give it a few days at least before judging. As was already mentioned, Wedge's unresistable buff immunity might do the trick.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Actually, this is incorrect.

If you read the announcements they stated that they want to give ships 2.0 a more paper-rock-scissor meta instead of the paper-paper-faster paper meta 1.0 had. If you think Biggs + TIE Advance + 1 other is the be-all, end-all, then you're thinking in checkers when you should be thinking in chess. There's a lot more AoE and assists than before. That's the rock and the scissors added.

AoE > Taunts > Assists > AoE.
  • Options
    What a garbage update. Absolutely horrendous. All the time and resources I spent to get my TFP to G12+3 for what? Just to get nerfed by this update. Thanks CG. Dodge chance cut in half. I lose against all Thrawn led teams because his ultimate has less cooldown than Tarkin. FOTP is nerfed badly and spent alot of time/energy/resources gearing him up as well. 3v3 is so freaking stupid. Now it's all RNG based. No strategy. They jacked with all that stats all the ships had. What a terrible update.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    All the time and resources I spent to get my TFP to G12+3 for what? ... Now it's all RNG based. No strategy.

Wait. Hang on. Hold up. You're mad that your TIE got its dodge reduced, AND that it's all rng with no strategy? Don't you see the inherent contradiction there?
  • Sporto
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, so they basically nerfed every ship and want us to pay to power them back up?

Seems like a bold strategy Cotton, let’s see if it pays off for them
  • Vyrulian
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    +1 for ABSOLUTELY HATE the new ship2.0

Should have been named Ship -20 or Ship RNG
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Let me explain....no, take to long. Let me summarize - all the ships you invested time and resources in, are weaker and you have to reinvest to make them good again. And everything is different. Have a good weekend!

and your payout time is in an hour or so, goodbye crystals...unless of course you'd like to purchase them.

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Why does everyone keep saying EVERY ship. Its pretty damned obvious that at least half of the ships are buffed, not nerfed.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Why does everyone keep saying EVERY ship. Its pretty damned obvious that at least half of the ships are buffed, not nerfed.

because the meta ships and the ships that everyone used were nerfed, people dont care about ships they havent put any resources into
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Ragnorak
    82 posts Member
    Options
    True, but they are still expecting you to catch up with your wallet
  • Aesuarez
    14 posts Member
    Options
    So don't use your wallet? Anyway, we've got double drops coming this weekend. If anyone's desperate to get back to #1, they can use this weekend to catch up.
    Honestly, I'm glad they madde these changes, I was honestly tired of the same fleets over and over
  • Wakko
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Damodamo wrote: »
    In summary don’t see it as a nerf

They weakened all of your ships abilities, then added on two ability levels, so you would have to, in essence, "rebuy" the same abilities again.

They also "reworked" the way many of the abilities work (or how powerful - or not - they are), making many ships that people had spent time and money on much less useful.

It's a nerf - with the added bonus of getting to have to rebuild your fleet again.

Ah, you're using that nerf word wrong. It's not a nerf, its a forced devaluation of stock/time to force you to buy into the game again.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind paying for it AGAIN, but fleets seems so much worse now.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Options

Actually, this is incorrect.

If you read the announcements they stated that they want to give ships 2.0 a more paper-rock-scissor meta instead of the paper-paper-faster paper meta 1.0 had. If you think Biggs + TIE Advance + 1 other is the be-all, end-all, then you're thinking in checkers when you should be thinking in chess. There's a lot more AoE and assists than before. That's the rock and the scissors added.

AoE > Taunts > Assists > AoE.

If you read the announcements and believe what you are reading... well ....

Anyway like I said, I know it's early, BUT I am not kidding when I say that every starting lineup in the top 50 on my fleet shard is Biggs + Vader +1. And from my battles so far today, 5 of 5 first-off-the-bench was Boba.

Let's not get in an Internet fight here, but please don't call me "incorrect" when I am stating facts based on my fleet shard, and you are basing your point on what they devs said they meant to do. What they say they will do and what the do are different things entirely.

I hope it turns out that I am wrong, and we start seeing diversity. I really REALLY hope that.

ps. Vader, Biggs and Wedge are all faster than, say, the Geos, or Ghost with its AoE. So the "chess" you are referring to, with assists and AoE, doesn't work as planned. (1) Vader target locks. (2) Biggs attacks and calls an assist. (3) Wedge torpedos. Now it's your 2 vs their 3, and its finally your turn. Biggs is taunting, and you can't call in a reinforcement. Your chess move is ... ?