Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    What in the world? I understand a lot of people don’t like ships but is this new bogus gonna change their mind!? What about all the people who enjoy ships. All the time I put into developing a unique squad to combat the generic Phoenix squad is wasted. I now find theirs no way to use all the complex abilities that I spent so much time developing. Instead of attracting new people I think they just turned off all the loyal ship people, ME being first in line
  • Options
    JPvader wrote: »
    What in the world? I understand a lot of people don’t like ships but is this new bogus gonna change their mind!? What about all the people who enjoy ships. All the time I put into developing a unique squad to combat the generic Phoenix squad is wasted. I now find theirs no way to use all the complex abilities that I spent so much time developing. Instead of attracting new people I think they just turned off all the loyal ship people, ME being first in line

Except there’s already a thread in this forum with over 400 replies so I think you’re in the line to get to the line to get in line.
  • Options
    Generic Phoenix squad? There's only 2 Phoenix ships, and even those aren't used that often at the higher levels. If anything now you have to spend MORE time working out a prefect trio, since just tossing your strongest 5 ships out won't get you much anymore.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    at this point i'm just waiting not so patiently for an official CG reply to this mess. in light of all the negative feedback, they'd better have something to say for themselves.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    at this point i'm just waiting not so patiently for an official CG reply to this mess. in light of all the negative feedback, they'd better have something to say for themselves.

why... people who like it are not running to forums to post. people who don't like it are posting.... people not posting vastly outnumber the peoople posting.

I would like drop rate's in 6A addressed, not posting there was a new stage in zeta mat challenge which i missed by simming because they never told us... and maybe an I'm sorry for devaluing a lot of peoples purchases...

But the mechanics of the fight...are actually awesome now they need to leave that alone (except bugs if there are any)
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I'm honestly more disappointed at some player's reactions here than the update itself. Yeah, there's some things I'm not too happy about (5 minute timer vs. 7:30, some of the ship nerfs which can be gained back via ship omegas, lack of some key information before the drop). But some people are are seriously unhinged about this update, beyond what is reasonable for a game. Disappointing.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Turukano
    170 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder if the hatred for ships will get this thread to the same length as the GW one..... and have as little impact.

Turukano
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    I'm honestly more disappointed at some player's reactions here than the update itself. Yeah, there's some things I'm not too happy about (5 minute timer vs. 7:30, some of the ship nerfs which can be gained back via ship omegas, lack of some key information before the drop). But some people are are seriously unhinged about this update, beyond what is reasonable for a game. Disappointing.

agree
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    5minutes timer... but the battles last much longer than before... awful like everything else in ships 1.0.0.1 also known as ships2.0 (fake news)

also i want to quote a companion "It’s like they took your shiny Tesla. Give you a Honda. And make you pay more to earn it back so you can appreciate it" and i fully agree with it
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

why... people who like it are not running to forums to post. people who don't like it are posting.... people not posting vastly outnumber the peoople posting.

I would like drop rate's in 6A addressed, not posting there was a new stage in zeta mat challenge which i missed by simming because they never told us... and maybe an I'm sorry for devaluing a lot of peoples purchases...

But the mechanics of the fight...are actually awesome now they need to leave that alone (except bugs if there are any)

If you don't speak then you aren't heard.

The people posting are the people who always post. And if the update was well received the people posting would have a more even split between like and dislike.
  • Options
    All I know is I usually have to climb from about 14th to get first for payout.

Today I didn't drop below 7th (where I was before the change) and it took all 5 battles to get to first. And I'm still in first 2 hours later when I've usually been knocked back by the next guys payout.

Allot seem to have not changed position all day.

Can't say I'm a fan, it just means less crystal for more effort for most people.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't hate old ship, don't hate new ships, but I don't really see the point of the update. Everything went sideways, nothing really went forward at all.

The battles are just as repetitive and not anymore dynamic than they previously were (and they weren't at all dynamic before).

Ships is the fastvpaced exciting part of Star Wars. I know there are game limitations that prevent that but ships in general are just not that interesting to me in this game.
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

If you don't speak then you aren't heard.

The people posting are the people who always post. And if the update was well received the people posting would have a more even split between like and dislike.

I agree.
    I have been playing for 2,5 months now and ship battles were really fun.
    Now they took that away because a few players got bored.
    I understand that those few find it interesting now, but it's a shame we all have to suffer for them.

• Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Couple of further thoughts.

1: Where are the Game Changer videos?

2: Why did we get the list of reinforcement abilities today and not yesterday?

3: STILL baffled we have to use 6/7 ships that the devs have dictated we give a whirl.

Finally, I hear a rumour that the reason we've not heard anything in response from the devs is they're in secret talks with Ron Howard to come in and sort this mess out :wink:
  • Options
    I don't know how you guys did it but you made something terrible even worse!!! I hate the fleet portion, it was a necessary chore to get daily rewards. I only upgraded my ships so that I could get Zeta material every few days. I could complete that challenge with one or two stars. This kinda revived my interest in a game I was going to quit. NOW, I do that same challenge with the same ships, and before I even get to go, they take out 1 of my ships leaving me incredibly crippled from the start. This is awful, terrible, and I think is going to lead me down the path of quitting this game. It took me over a year to get my first 20 Zetas, but after the ship challenge, I was getting 2-5 each week... forget it now!
  • Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    ewqewqc wrote: »
    Horrible move. Horrible.
    You ruined ships. Go KYS whoever did it.

You, and the 3 people who liked this post should be ashamed of yourselves. I don't like the changes (clearly if you've read through this thread)... but telling the devs to kill themselves is so far over the line. This is a game. One which obviously inspires passion. Complain, vent, whine, rage, suggest changes, ask questions... whatever, but that is completely uncalled for.

Couldn't agree with you more. Glad you posted this one, someone needed to say it.
  • Options
    Ruprecht wrote: »
    So it's set in stone? They're really doing the 3v3 thing? Urgh horrible, I liked the ship battles the way they are.

3v3 a "Biggs Mistake"
    All 3v3 did was destroy the balance and the viability of other strategies. Now Biggs Hera and Sabine are unstoppable off the bat and they will reinforce to 5. Before the 5 ships meant you could actually take out a key ship if you played if right. The reinforcment abilities was a great idea. And the update was a good one. But making ships 3v3 on top of adding reinforcment abilities was a huge mistake.
  • Options
    Interest in playing ships before the update: 0
    Interest in playing ships after the update: 0

If the intent was to get people to play ships because not enough people were playing them before, from my perspective, the intent was absolutely not realized.

At least I can't say the update made the mode worse, so good job from that viewpoint.
  • Options
    Before anything else, I want to thank the developers for trying to make things better! I know we are customers (paying customers for many of us) and that it's a business, but it's also a passion for the players and for many - if not all - of the developers, not just a job for most of them. I want the game to thrive and keep giving fun to all its passionate players

But I agree with many that the ship 2.0 update is likely working against making the game better... I guess one of the best summary I've read so far is that the update made ships not enjoyable anymore for many of those who enjoyed ships before and no more enjoyable for those who didn't enjoy ships before

As someone who enjoyed a lot ships since I came back to the game a bit more than 18 months ago, I am not a fan at all of the ship update - like many others and like all of the players I'm in touch in my ship arena shards and 95% of the players in my group of guilds. There are around the 400 players overall in the guild coalition, and only 2-3 said they enjoy ships because they had never invested in ships before and that now they are on the same level than those who heavily invested, all the others that spoke out said they are not fan at all of ships 2.0....
    I was used to play 5-10 ship battles everyday, even after my payout when I had some battles left for fun (I know when everyone in my top ship arena payout have their payouts so I could easily have fun without messing with anyone's payout). And honestly ship battles were fast for anyone that invested enough in them and I didn't have much problem with RNG 95% of the time once I made my pilots all G12 (G12.5 for some as I wanted to fully play ships) (ok, a very few times RNG could make a fight very unbalanced, but most of the times I was able to work around)!I get it that battles could last long early in the game or for those who didn't really invested in ships.

Here is my list of pros and cons from the update... the cons winning largely

PROS:
    1) The Ship battle PvE table is very likely going to be a very nice addition
    2) reinforcement abilities (very nice idea even if it means we will need to collect new rare materials and choose wisely were to use it, I'm totally fine with the idea, it's the same than with zeta for characters)
    3) new synergies (for exemple the idea of a strong synergy between geonosians! we already had some strong synergies, but that makes a lot of sense to work toward more synergies fleets)

CONS:

1) lack of diversity in arena will likely get even worse
    Sure a lot of complex skills, but once people figure out what is the best fleet, diversity may exist only as long as people need to gear the pilots of that best fleet. Then everyone will run the same Capital ship & 3+5 ships

2) The unfairness of the update that really tell players who have invested in ships that now they are on the same level than those who just ignored ships!

2.1: the nerf of ships we have worked on only for ship battles
    Some nerf I can accept there may have been no other solution... I love reaper (I have him 7* and both pilots G12+), but I can agree about the need to nerf him... and at least Shore and DeathTrooper are amazing in other areas of the game (Dark TB, TB, TW at least, DT in Sith Raid P3 in the Chex Mix Team) so I feel... "ok" about the nerf of reaper.
    But other nerfs are far worse in my opinion! I've geared Empire Tie pilot for exemple to G12.5 only because of his ship! Except in TW in back-up squad, I've never used him anywhere else... So I just feel sad about his nerf... seeing new ships or reworked ships that can beat him? Fine, it's sane to bring some changes. That said, I've never had any issue to kill an empire ship on offense... I was just using Vader or Poe most of the time, or keeping him for the end.

2.2:the unfair big equalizer move
    The way the things have been done just give the feeling to all the players I've talking to that the update is just a very big equalizer... you have invested a lot in the ships 1.0 ? you have not invested at all in ships? don't worry, you will all be on the same level now, everyone can beat everyone / everyone can struggle a lot against everyone till you work on the new meta ships that none have ever worked on. I only know one player who have all Geonosians at G12 and their ships 7* for exemple but he also has 4 million GP and every characters at 7* and at least G12 (except Wampa and Hoda for the moment), so yes, everyone starts from scratch basically...
    I would have loved to see new ships released or some factions reworked like when CG reworked the Nightsisters... in that case, people who invested in ships would still had their advantage over those who ignored ships (which is 100% fair!) and then everyone would have had to choose between working on the new good ships or to prepare to not be competitive again in the future. But with the update? Everyone is instantly on the same level! and that is 100% unfair in my opinion...

MY SUGGESTIONS:
    1) back to 5 starting ships, because more ships allow just more diversity and is likely less RNG-dependent (and also because in my opinion more ships is just more fun!). To keep the reinforcement ability to be meaningful, I would allow to call a 6th ship immediately, no need to wait for one of its ships to be destroyed. So like now we can call a reinforcement while having 3 ships alive, we would be able to call a reinforcement while having 5 ships alive
    2) keep working on making very strong synergy between ships like the devs did for the geonosians, no problem with reworks on underused ships (because then no one has an instant advantage, except those who already geared these underused ships because they like them). Ideally the aim would be to find a way to make different highly synergized fleets that are evenly powerful. I would love to see one day that one could play Geo/separatist fleet or Galatic Republic fleet or Empire fleet or FO fleet or Resistance fleet or Sith fleet (that one relying on KOTOR addition for exemple). Each fleet would be highly synergized and as potent as another so players could just choose what kind of fleet they want to run.
    3) introduce new diverse ships / capital ships

What I will do? well... I will likely keep working on ships and hope things get better in the future... and work on the new meta (whatever it can be)
    I'm not expecting to find as much fun as before, but I find the idea of playings with ships one of the best thing in the game! So stopping going hard in ships would mean deleting the game for me... not my plan in the foreseeable future at all

Let's have faith in the Force! Looking forward to seeing Ships 3.0 and now time to gear the geonosians I guess :(

• Options
    Brilliant work for ships,it's just a pity there is no gameplay or even gameplay time to make the most out of these amazing abilitys and upgrades,I am hoping for nodes and raids and a GW to come in the future,otherwise the full potential will be missed,which is a shame because the concept is mind blowing,also more ships (FREE) to farm.pleeeeeease devs to go with this amazing update
  • Options
    IG007 wrote: »
    "We heard all the people complaining about ships being boring, so we've gone and made it so everyone who did invest in good ships can be beat no problem now, you are welcome!"

LMFAO

Think they'd humor a support ticket asking: "Can I refund on my Falcon and Reaper energy, pls thx?"
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't understand why the first reinforcement is in cooldown. It just means the top 3 meta ships that everyone will eventually copy for offense are going to dominate the match from the get go.
  • Options
    So this is just an excuse to make chimeara the indisputed champion of fleet arena, yes? With his ultimate cooling down 1 before executrix, chimeara will always come out on top. I could beat chimeara fleets before update but now... i have to kill their entire fleet and basically cant use my ultimate at all.
  • Randocalrissian
    572 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Can we please get a detailed list of changes to ships abilities and stats? Not a list of the reinforcement abilities....
  • Options
    Given how much they don't give a hoot for what the players want or care about, how many people would still be playing this game if it wasn't Star Wars?
    I would put a small bet that it's actually the sole reason it has any players left at all
  • Options
    pretty sure it's not working as intended since i just got whooped by a fleet that hasn't upgraded anything, and did twice the damage as my upgraded ships. did i mention they were the same ships (except i had Silencer)? so yeah, that **** to see that it still ain't nothin but a RNG thang, baby.
  • Glauron
    56 posts Member
    Options
    @Randocalrissian It is unlikely they will release that. The prevailing perception among the popular and invested-in ships is that all these ships were nerfed, and then abilities added so that when you spend/buy ship omega mats you recover what was nerfed. For instance, if your TFP was maxed at 70% TL before the update, you now need to upgrade it's ability to get to... 70% TL. However, in other cases the upgrades to improve abilities (Biggs prot recovery is higher at max than before). Showing all those numbers would lead to more rage.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Would be nice if we could open a new Ship strategy thread, but appears like all new ship threads are being merged into this one, regardless...

I like how Ahsoka's ship is doing in this format, and as she offers evasion up, I can get it much more easily now on TFP, allowing it to get much more evasions in.

So my current starting lineup is Biggs+her+TFP, with Vader as my first call in, followed by Jedi consul ship and then if needed, Geno soldier, but often matches don't last that long (especially since ulti's have happened before this point) So far, I've been the highest I've ever been in ship battles, placing 2, and dropped now down to 4 in 12hours, usually by now I've hit top20 range

I'm rather enjoying this ship update thanks to my increased rewards and the less effort I need to put in to be high during my payout. lol.
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Ruprecht wrote: »
    So it's set in stone? They're really doing the 3v3 thing? Urgh horrible, I liked the ship battles the way they are.

3v3 a "Biggs Mistake"
    All 3v3 did was destroy the balance and the viability of other strategies. Now Biggs Hera and Sabine are unstoppable off the bat and they will reinforce to 5. Before the 5 ships meant you could actually take out a key ship if you played if right. The reinforcment abilities was a great idea. And the update was a good one. But making ships 3v3 on top of adding reinforcment abilities was a huge mistake.

Exactly what I'm saying.
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Before anything else, I want to thank the developers for trying to make things better! I know we are customers (paying customers for many of us) and that it's a business, but it's also a passion for the players and for many - if not all - of the developers, not just a job for most of them. I want the game to thrive and keep giving fun to all its passionate players

But I agree with many that the ship 2.0 update is likely working against making the game better... I guess one of the best summary I've read so far is that the update made ships not enjoyable anymore for many of those who enjoyed ships before and no more enjoyable for those who didn't enjoy ships before

As someone who enjoyed a lot ships since I came back to the game a bit more than 18 months ago, I am not a fan at all of the ship update - like many others and like all of the players I'm in touch in my ship arena shards and 95% of the players in my group of guilds. There are around the 400 players overall in the guild coalition, and only 2-3 said they enjoy ships because they had never invested in ships before and that now they are on the same level than those who heavily invested, all the others that spoke out said they are not fan at all of ships 2.0....
    I was used to play 5-10 ship battles everyday, even after my payout when I had some battles left for fun (I know when everyone in my top ship arena payout have their payouts so I could easily have fun without messing with anyone's payout). And honestly ship battles were fast for anyone that invested enough in them and I didn't have much problem with RNG 95% of the time once I made my pilots all G12 (G12.5 for some as I wanted to fully play ships) (ok, a very few times RNG could make a fight very unbalanced, but most of the times I was able to work around)!I get it that battles could last long early in the game or for those who didn't really invested in ships.

Here is my list of pros and cons from the update... the cons winning largely

PROS:
    1) The Ship battle PvE table is very likely going to be a very nice addition
    2) reinforcement abilities (very nice idea even if it means we will need to collect new rare materials and choose wisely were to use it, I'm totally fine with the idea, it's the same than with zeta for characters)
    3) new synergies (for exemple the idea of a strong synergy between geonosians! we already had some strong synergies, but that makes a lot of sense to work toward more synergies fleets)

CONS:

1) lack of diversity in arena will likely get even worse
    Sure a lot of complex skills, but once people figure out what is the best fleet, diversity may exist only as long as people need to gear the pilots of that best fleet. Then everyone will run the same Capital ship & 3+5 ships

2) The unfairness of the update that really tell players who have invested in ships that now they are on the same level than those who just ignored ships!

2.1: the nerf of ships we have worked on only for ship battles
    Some nerf I can accept there may have been no other solution... I love reaper (I have him 7* and both pilots G12+), but I can agree about the need to nerf him... and at least Shore and DeathTrooper are amazing in other areas of the game (Dark TB, TB, TW at least, DT in Sith Raid P3 in the Chex Mix Team) so I feel... "ok" about the nerf of reaper.
    But other nerfs are far worse in my opinion! I've geared Empire Tie pilot for exemple to G12.5 only because of his ship! Except in TW in back-up squad, I've never used him anywhere else... So I just feel sad about his nerf... seeing new ships or reworked ships that can beat him? Fine, it's sane to bring some changes. That said, I've never had any issue to kill an empire ship on offense... I was just using Vader or Poe most of the time, or keeping him for the end.

2.2:the unfair big equalizer move
    The way the things have been done just give the feeling to all the players I've talking to that the update is just a very big equalizer... you have invested a lot in the ships 1.0 ? you have not invested at all in ships? don't worry, you will all be on the same level now, everyone can beat everyone / everyone can struggle a lot against everyone till you work on the new meta ships that none have ever worked on. I only know one player who have all Geonosians at G12 and their ships 7* for exemple but he also has 4 million GP and every characters at 7* and at least G12 (except Wampa and Hoda for the moment), so yes, everyone starts from scratch basically...
    I would have loved to see new ships released or some factions reworked like when CG reworked the Nightsisters... in that case, people who invested in ships would still had their advantage over those who ignored ships (which is 100% fair!) and then everyone would have had to choose between working on the new good ships or to prepare to not be competitive again in the future. But with the update? Everyone is instantly on the same level! and that is 100% unfair in my opinion...

MY SUGGESTIONS:
    1) back to 5 starting ships, because more ships allow just more diversity and is likely less RNG-dependent (and also because in my opinion more ships is just more fun!). To keep the reinforcement ability to be meaningful, I would allow to call a 6th ship immediately, no need to wait for one of its ships to be destroyed. So like now we can call a reinforcement while having 3 ships alive, we would be able to call a reinforcement while having 5 ships alive
    2) keep working on making very strong synergy between ships like the devs did for the geonosians, no problem with reworks on underused ships (because then no one has an instant advantage, except those who already geared these underused ships because they like them). Ideally the aim would be to find a way to make different highly synergized fleets that are evenly powerful. I would love to see one day that one could play Geo/separatist fleet or Galatic Republic fleet or Empire fleet or FO fleet or Resistance fleet or Sith fleet (that one relying on KOTOR addition for exemple). Each fleet would be highly synergized and as potent as another so players could just choose what kind of fleet they want to run.
    3) introduce new diverse ships / capital ships

What I will do? well... I will likely keep working on ships and hope things get better in the future... and work on the new meta (whatever it can be)
    I'm not expecting to find as much fun as before, but I find the idea of playings with ships one of the best thing in the game! So stopping going hard in ships would mean deleting the game for me... not my plan in the foreseeable future at all

Let's have faith in the Force! Looking forward to seeing Ships 3.0 and now time to gear the geonosians I guess :(

lol, a long post but no one could have said it better. :-)