Ships 2.0 Update - 6/7/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    This was such a joke. After a strong 2017, CG is really mauling this game in 2018.

Their big updates have been this filth and the Sith raid? How are people not fired?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Their big updates have been this filth and the Sith raid? How are people not fired?

Well at least you aren't overreacting.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Naz83 wrote: »
    I really dont know why ships need the pilots any way. If the don't have pilots, they just could release some more ships, like TIE advanced, B-Wing, TIE Bomber, A-Wing etc. Why cant you choose for example to add pilots to ships if you want it to get a power boost (and i mean real pilots, not like FO stormtrooper or somthing like that)? Just like Vader had his Wingmans in New Hope?

But then the ship meta could change too easily and fairly quickly, as we wouldn't have to spend weeks and months gearing up both ships AND pilots. And all that gear that otherwise useless pilots (Geonosians, etc.) need could be spent on characters we need for TW, TB, Assault Battles, Heroic Journeys, Raids, etc. Isn't a meta that takes months to shift even a little much more fun?

TL;DR - it's working as intended (gear crunch included).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

If a group screwed the product up this much, people would be fired from where i work. why is this any different?

• Options
    Well, i cant take this anymore. After the mods debacle, then the horrible sith raid and now this? I cant justify spending money or time on this game. It has clearly has been going down hill for the last 6 months and with reponses like this, its obvious that things are going to get worse before they get better.

I feel like CG is in way over their heads. I hope EA pulls this game from CG and gives it to a developer that is competent.

I work at the largest tech company in the world and if someone took a successful and popular product, and did this to it, people would be fired.
  • Options
    Tazerface wrote: »
    Well, i cant take this anymore. After the mods debacle, then the horrible sith raid and now this? I cant justify spending money or time on this game. It has clearly has been going down hill for the last 6 months and with reponses like this, its obvious that things are going to get worse before they get better.

I feel like CG is in way over their heads. I hope EA pulls this game from CG and gives it to a developer that is competent.

I work at the largest tech company in the world and if someone took a successful and popular product, and did this to it, people would be fired.

I work at a small underdog manufacturer... and people would still get fired if they changed product this drastically out of no where.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Since you have no access to their financials, all you're doing is speculating. So that's why it's different.
  • Naz83
    30 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Now thats what i am talking about. 2 reinforcement in 2 turns from AI, ultimate ability comes 2 rounds earlyer then mine, 5 vs. 1...

ukl4kvduc02o.png
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options

You think people should be enabled to be awful at their jobs?

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Why not? For 15 months people were enabled to be awful at Fleet Arena.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options

There are currently 10 openings posted for cg on ea's website to include a lot of Sr. Positions. Sooo might be that they are looking to change things up.
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie ,

Please consider that while we are waiting for sufficient data for the evaluation of this update, players are spending time and probably money on catching up with the new environment.

I am not sure why the update had to be done all at once, however, I feel that it could have been better if the change were introduced at a slower pace, for example:
    Phase 1: introduction of reinforcement abilities
    Phase 2: introduction of Ship PvE (battles in PvE will be 3on3, Fleet Arena remain 5on5
    Phase 3: TB and TW Fleet will be 3on3, Fleet Arena remain 5on5
    Phase 4: make everything 3on3
    I'm sure you had your reasons on making the changes all at once.
    Personally, this is how I would do it.

I agree that the fights have been shorter. The first 3-5 actions are very critical to the outcome of the battle. This gives a huge value to speed, evasion, damage, and potency/tenacity (landing that first target lock has been more crucial than ever).

Due to the reduction of starting ships, the variation of outcomes have lessened. This limited variation can be neutralized by the addition of reinforcement abilities. I think that this is a good attempt to modify the gameplay. However, most of the time I will never get to enjoy/appreciate the reinforcements that I have prepared since the battle is decided quickly within the first few actions. Losing one ship in the first 3 turns will usually seal my fate. We have got to get that right mixture of ship survivability/damage in order for reinforcements to see decent gameplay.

If the goal was to shorten battles, how am I to enjoy much of the reinforcement abilities?
    Or maybe I should change my mindset and expect to see only one or two; or even zero reinforcements.

For what it's worth, I feel that 3on3 battles are less cluttered than 5on5.
    I am starting to appreciate it.

Please bring Ship PvE soon.

Thanks.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I’ve been reading this on and off, I did post earlier and still agree with the majority of people on here who say ships 2.0 is bad- complete downgrade, that can’t be overstated enough.

However if this 3v3 is here to stay, then something has to happen with Biggs. That seems to be the root of the problem and why RNG is just ruining the experience. The changes may have helped with the adding diversity in the midrange ranks of the shard or for new shards, but on the top end it’s still the same. Nerfing the hard to get ships was bad enough but leaving Biggs where he was at is what caused the stagnation in ships 1.0. I mean seriously, how could they of expected it to change when THE ONLY tank before was left untouched. Sure Sun Fac was buffed, but he’s not used anywhere else so I don’t see him being used enough to determine if he was buffed enough to dethrone the reigning king.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Since you have no access to their financials, all you're doing is speculating.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Options
    I have a mixed opinion about ships 2.0, however, it is just my opinion:

1) It is okay to do a rework on ships, especially when a big part of the community is not participating, because they do not like it. I Think the main part of the community was just participating in ships 1.0, because they wanted the crystal payout. However, now it is the same. If you want to have more people playing ships expand the crystal payout even more than just for the first 50 players. Why should a guy on place 800 even try to get higher ranked, when there is so a bad reward? The normal arena has for every rank crystal payouts, why not the fleet arena?

2) Yep, I was daily ranked top 5 in ships 1.0 and now also in 2.0. Nothing big changed: everyone is playing the old meta with fully upgraded G12 pilots, also in their reinforcements. I am also dropping the same ranks as before. When time elapses the geonosians will possibly fill the new META role, or at least the reinforcements will dramatically change. We have already 5-10 new guys in our top 20, so somehow the participating people are almost doubled than before.
    The only thing I do not like concerning new METAs are the omegas and reinforcement materials to be that rare, cause it take several months to get your ships at a good level. And than you can see: bad decision.

3) Why has a really hard farmable ship to be nerfed? That is somehow a slap in our face. It take me half a year to get the TIE-Reaper to 7*, and the pilots are eating that much carbantis. Every other ship (except KRCS and TIE-S) are in the shops avaiable and get enhanced. Were there no possible other solution to get a balanced (maxed out) ship battle?

4) Somehow it seems that the normal accessable capital ships are now better, than the only legendary capital ship. Is that true? In our shard it looks like, that every player is changing to AA or GMT. So, why should a new player even try to get the Chimaera work, when it is less effective than AA or GMT?

5) One awfull thing are the new TBs. How is it possible, that elite guilds could not win the last ship battle? Why is there now a one wave battle, with a win or go home attitude? I hope the number of waves are changed or the enemy ships will get nerfed in the next TB. Like this it is not WAI, if you want to have an attractive TW.

6) I read everytime something about the ship challenges. It is simply to hard for not maxed out players. Last time I played the challenges was, when I completed them for the first time. After the release of ships 2.0 I had the same lineup for these challenges, and some ships had now, more than 7 months later, maxed out pilots. One of the challenges I still can not win, but I was able before, with half the pilots now maxed out. And yes, I tried several days (luckily there was the QoL-Update ^^) Conclusion: The challenges has to be reviewed and nerfed for ships 2.0.

7) RNG: In ships 1.0 it was stated that RNG was awful. It is the same for 2.0 and it will never ever change. In my opinion, most people who are complaining about RNG are these, who do not have a wide varity in their fleets. Of course, when everybody plays the same stuff, it is just a 50% possibility on AUTO that you win, that is absolutely normal, look into the basics of statistics.

Not as a feedback for CG: I am still able to overcome the old Biggs, ITF and TIE-A META, (of course with the same starting lineup, but less speed for ITF) even by loosing my own Vader before the first reinforcement. The reinforcements are the key. And of course, I also loose, but it is due the reinforcements of the opponent. It is not that much RNG, if you play smart and have thought BEFORE the battle with which ships you want to beat the opponent. Of course, a certain amount of randomness exists, but this is normal.
    However, I do not want to gear up that dam ned geonosians. They have no use in other parts of the game and I know, many players, also p2p, do not want to upgrade them. And also, many p2p gamers have payed to get some ships, espacially Reaper, to a good rating, and now it is nerfed. I do not like this nerf.
    However, I think the monday event is a hint to the future, as it was mentioned in (I think it was mobilegamer) an interview, that a rework of the fraction is in near future.

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options

well, as a private business you are entitled to hire and firr whoever you want.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Xhedao wrote: »
    3) Why has a really hard farmable ship to be nerfed? That is somehow a slap in our face. It take me half a year to get the TIE-Reaper to 7*, and the pilots are eating that much carbantis. Every other ship (except KRCS and TIE-S) are in the shops avaiable and get enhanced. Were there no possible other solution to get a balanced (maxed out) ship battle?

Being practical here, but I really don’t think there was another option. In 1.0 you had two ships that were enormous outliers in the range of power. You had TIE with its enormous dodge at high gear, and you had TIE Reaper with its control. You also had a lot of ships that just didn’t do anything. How do you solve that problem?

A lot of folks are quick to say “Add a bunch of new ships!” Okay, so people who pay through the nose can get in on the new meta and then a couple months down the line folks like us can start farming and eventually compete again? That’s an awful solution.

Raise all the old ships to the level of those two? There’s 30 ships—some need a little work, some need a lot—that’s not possible. Moreover, having two broken ships become the new baseline simply means everything becomes chaos. You think randomness is bad now? Imagine if every ship had to be as good as the old TIE.

Drop those two ships to the level of the existing ships? That’s horrificially unfair. It’s more realistic an option than the others so far, but still bad.

The solution they went for was to create a new baseline and bring everything up to it, then take the two outliers and bring them down to meet it. It’s the only realistic option with the least downside.
    However, I do not want to gear up that dam ned geonosians.

I hate this line of reasoning. With territory battles, territory wars, raids, and faction-specific events every character is useful in multiple areas. More importantly, if you’re saying “they’re useless elsewhere” then you’re saying Fleet rewards are useless. If that’s how you feel, then why are you so mad fleet changed at all?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Drop those two ships to the level of the existing ships? That’s horrificially unfair. It’s more realistic an option than the others so far, but still bad.

The solution they went for was to create a new baseline and bring everything up to it, then take the two outliers and bring them down to meet it. It’s the only realistic option with the least downside.
    However, I do not want to gear up that dam ned geonosians.

I hate this line of reasoning. With territory battles, territory wars, raids, and faction-specific events every character is useful in multiple areas. More importantly, if you’re saying “they’re useless elsewhere” then you’re saying Fleet rewards are useless. If that’s how you feel, then why are you so mad fleet changed at all?

Nerf of Reaper and TIE: I agree, that this was perhaps the only way to get hand on a way to have the compatibility of the ships at almost the same level. It just feels not good :)

Yup, there is so mouch content in the game, that the geonsians have a less sense in other parts. Of course, if fleet rank is important for a player, then he will gear the guys up. I will also do that, despite the fact that I want to gear up my toons for the TB. However, they are priotirized now, as I want to stay where I am.
    The geonosian sentences were just written by a part of my spirit which is thinking: so much content for f2p, I want everything almost in an instant amount of time and especially now! Don't give me new stuff which I have to farm, before I am not done with all the other folks :smiley:
    But the game has to change, and I do not count me to the big complainer group ;) Perhaps that stuff was written a little bit to complaining o:)
  • Options

While generally I agree with this, I'd counter with this:

They paid a team for a year to make the Sith raid.

With this context, we sure don't need their financials to know dumpster job performance and a colossal waste of money.
  • Options
    Short response to your upgrade of ship battles for fleet arena and TB ;

Background : since the day1 of my game playing , I have been focusing on ships because SW means space and space ships as well as sith / Jedi conflict. So I am playing this game for ships and I am getting #1 rank of ships since the 2017 May.

Q: Did I like Ships 2.0 update for fleet arena ?
    A: absolutely not !

I am still gathering #1 reward , but everything is about RNG of AI in the game. No brain needed. I can get the same result if I click " Auto" .

Q: did I like ship 2.0 in TB ?
    A: absolutely not !
    My pilots are usually gold gear with mostly zetaed. Yet it depends fully on RNG in stage6. Which is just ridiculous. I am currently in 122+ M guild , so far 2 guys could manage to break the last stage of fleet combat mission. Which is far from do-able ( which is a must for a game )

Q: has it been more fun ?
    A: not anymore...

Sorry but , this ship ( so-called) upgrade has been meant to make it worse , not better.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options

Wow at that attention ****. You dont need to quote yourself, people read your comment the first time already, its just so lame and childish that noone wanted to call you a **** and it would have been hard to reply without it.
    Please try to troll elsewhere, people actually want to make the game better in this thread. You dont have to help them, but just dont come here if you dont have anything constructive to it.

Shipsminus2 is bad, and CG should feel bad. The 3v3 is a terrible idea, nerfing 6 months farm ships is a terrible idea, making Biggs even stronger is a terrible idea, ruining Endurance is a terrible idea.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    a wonderful game, but CG screwed things up... i really don´t understand why CG doesn´t listen to the people who are playing their game. all the realists and gamers with "foresight" ;) knowed from beginning as you introduced that scrap that it would be a RNG-hell...
    even the dreamers now know better as i have read in this thread... but not CG i guess?

so are there any news from the RNG-hell?

has CG finally decided to convert this game into a slot machine? push the button and see if the "one-armed bandit" give you 400 or less crystals?
  • Options
    Tedbeast wrote: »
    Sure Sun Fac was buffed, but he’s not used anywhere else so I don’t see him being used enough to determine if he was buffed enough to dethrone the reigning king.

Sun Fac is a beast off the bench, auto stuns first target and stuns target locks. If biggs is your problem reinforce with fac, stun Biggs, debuff biggs with Vader, the. Lay waste to whatever’s left.

• Sporto
    26 posts Member
    Options
    This HAS to be by design to force everyone to use multiple refreshes just to place where they would normally place. That's the only explanation. They have to be ramping up the AI on the opposing side. I continue to see the most ridiculous dodging from the AI on ships that have no evasion...the capital ship almost always goes first even with lower speed, etc. So many people in my shard are losing to teams well below 50K power less than them consistently. And we are talking going up against the same lineup. A non maxed out Thrawn still going first against a maxed out Thrawn even when no aoe used to allow TFP to dodge and grant TM.

At this point, it's just laughable. They must have thought they could rake people in to spend more money, but all I see is people that used to spend money actually have stopped because of the continual CG developer blunder after blunder.

And the customer service is absolutely horrendous. They literally have no power to handle anything correctly except give a small amount of crystals for the inconvenience of missing out on top rewards.

Seriously...this wonderful game turned into an absolute joke.

Bravo CG...Bravo. Only your developers could flush this game down the toilet.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Sporto wrote: »
    I continue to see the most ridiculous dodging from the AI on ships that have no evasion...the capital ship almost always goes first even with lower speed, etc. So many people in my shard are losing to teams well below 50K power less than them consistently. And we are talking going up against the same lineup. A non maxed out Thrawn still going first against a maxed out Thrawn even when no aoe used to allow TFP to dodge and grant TM.

Every single ship has a basic evasion of 2%, only ITF gets more due to pilot. So every ship can evade.

Give a proof for the wrong TM stuff. So many people are complaining and I have not seen any of these odd behaviours. I often look at the bug forum, nearly nothing is posted there concerning these wrong TM order. If that happens so often, it should be no problem to take a vid or two and post it somewhere.
  • Options
    Tazerface wrote: »

I found your first problem.
    DONT SPEND MONEY ON THIS GAME.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Sporto wrote: »
    This HAS to be by design to force everyone to use multiple refreshes just to place where they would normally place. That's the only explanation. They have to be ramping up the AI on the opposing side. I continue to see the most ridiculous dodging from the AI on ships that have no evasion...the capital ship almost always goes first even with lower speed, etc. So many people in my shard are losing to teams well below 50K power less than them consistently. And we are talking going up against the same lineup. A non maxed out Thrawn still going first against a maxed out Thrawn even when no aoe used to allow TFP to dodge and grant TM.

At this point, it's just laughable. They must have thought they could rake people in to spend more money, but all I see is people that used to spend money actually have stopped because of the continual CG developer blunder after blunder.

And the customer service is absolutely horrendous. They literally have no power to handle anything correctly except give a small amount of crystals for the inconvenience of missing out on top rewards.

Seriously...this wonderful game turned into an absolute joke.

Bravo CG...Bravo. Only your developers could flush this game down the toilet.

Just an fyi, there are a lot of ships that give random tm boosts now to specific factions. While I don't care for ships 2.0 that much it has been easy to find the new meta. Akbar, Vader, Biggs, and uwing. Reserves cassian, new falcon once geared, poo kloon once geared, and then some other smuck.

Home one new abilities mean you will easily kill one of their ships right off the bat and they will be playing catch up the rest of the game.
  • Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    gufu21 wrote: »
    Huge numbers of players have said that ships 2.0 is an unbalanced mess that only makes worse what it was meant to correct (e.g., being overdependent on RNG).

After all of that feedback, I have to say that "we will remain vigilant in monitoring balance concerns and re-evaluate as needed" sounds an awful lot like this:

c4jt321.png
    I don't want to undervalue player experience and feedback - that is 100% something we factor into all the decisions we make. But it isn't the complete picture. On the whole ship fighting times have reduced by upwards of 10 seconds across all segments, there are significantly more people engaging in battles, and a number of other metrics we consider healthy.
    However, I want to caveat this heavily, that doesn't mean everything is hunky dory OR that the things that we're seeing is indicative of your experience, it just means we need more time and to validate some more things. We also want to see how behavior changes after the release of the table, and once people can upgrade more ships - the likelihood that the meta will start to shift. Ultimately, we want to see a lively and interesting daily ship meta. If we don't see interesting play developing, we will re-evaluate.
    -Carrie

Is there still more people doing ship battles? Cause more people say they have given up on ships that hadnt previously. I mean initially I gave it a run (I’m part of the shard split crew). And tried it but have since basically given up besides my once daily attempt. I do appreciate the shard split btw. That made ships feasible for me at least till 2.0 when everything I had geared up was made pointless. But hey that happens with nerfs. As it stands right now ships are even more loathsome then they were before. I mean ship arena, ships in ls Tb suck now. If you don’t mess with ds Tb that will probably be fine. But I’m in the boat of overall not liking the change. I like the idea of a change I just don’t find the changes done to be fun or enjoyable in any way. Well more enjoyable then say sawing my arm off I’ll give ya that I guess.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    But it isn't the complete picture. On the whole ship fighting times have reduced by upwards of 10 seconds across all segments,

@CG_Carrie
    and your conclusion that the fights lasts 10 seconds less is because the fights are faster over? i don´t think so because:
    1st: many gamers had played their battles all the 8minutes long to prevent beeing sniped in their payouttime -> this isn´t possible anymore, and the most of us don´t use the 5minutes frame, because to block someone only for 5minutes is senseless to the most...

2nd: because of your RNG-hell the outcome of victory is decided after the first 2-3 hits, we withdraw from battle after that mentioned 2-3 hits if your RNG-hell has chosen the win isn´t ours...

so if you consider to count that 2 facts into your calculation the 10 seconds less is an indication all "real fights" are lasting longer now