Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• Austin9370 wrote: »
    @Austin9370 I'm assuming you're a whale so speak for yourself buddy. Give the fact that we got nothing but a ton of Marquee characters over the last few months, I would say that people did expect an easy legendary event finally, especially when it's such an iconic character that we all love.

So get outta here with your anti-entitlement speeches, we could 7 star any legendary with g8 characters so far. They could have made it 10 but not 12 that's just ridiculous.

Assuming makes a būtt out of u and me. I dont even have a 7* Bossk yet and I've only got a 7* legendary on the first attempt once. I'm no where near a whale....I did splurge and buy the Jango 9.99 pack though. I felt bad about it afterwards.

Perhaps I like that I planned appropriately with my limited resources and didn't assume this would be a cake walk? You could have did the same....

My team is g12 boba, g11 IG-88, g11 cad bane and g9 Greedo, g9 Zam. I would say I expected it to be enough.
  • Which cinematic did you like? The one where they walked up to a door? Or the one where they walked up to a door?

“Oh, hi, Mark!”
    *Mark is ambushed but then takes 15 straight turns*
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    That’s not how legendaries have worked in the past. People would be able to unlock at 5* no problem. The challenge came in the 7* fights. That’s where the difficulty should be. Requiring multiple zetas, G12+, god mods and the new BH isn’t the right way. But call me old school i guess.

No, some people could unlock at 5* no problem in the past. Many couldn't. Same as this time. I can't get him this time, as even with a 2.8m gp I've only focused on the original bounty hunters, and only recently. I'm not surprised that this event requires characters who have been in the game years to be g11 & zetas as where would the challenge be if anyone who had been playing the game for a year or so would effectively get him by default.

If you’ve been playing the game for a year, you get all of the other legendary characters “by default”. And it isn’t default, you still have to farm the shards and gears. That’s a year of dedication and daily playing invested in the game. This is just being stupid for atupid’s sake. It’s a betrayal of the expectation for legendary characters and an insult to the regular players of this game. It’s another example of letting the rich get richer and punishing the masses. The people that already beat heroic sith raid and max out arena metas witll get the new “best” character. Everyone else continues to get dumped on.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Its not that hard at all

I was able to clear the first 6 tiers with my eyes closed with ok mods without any effort

T7 isn't that hard.

I just don't have a 7* Bossk or else I would be able to auto it.

I don't believe you. Simple.
  • i past 5* with a 5* bossk... everyone else is what gear lvl?

No you didn’t, you lying liar.
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    @Austin9370 I'm assuming you're a whale so speak for yourself buddy. Give the fact that we got nothing but a ton of Marquee characters over the last few months, I would say that people did expect an easy legendary event finally, especially when it's such an iconic character that we all love.

So get outta here with your anti-entitlement speeches, we could 7 star any legendary with g8 characters so far. They could have made it 10 but not 12 that's just ridiculous.

Assuming makes a būtt out of u and me. I dont even have a 7* Bossk yet and I've only got a 7* legendary on the first attempt once. I'm no where near a whale....I did splurge and buy the Jango 9.99 pack though. I felt bad about it afterwards.

Perhaps I like that I planned appropriately with my limited resources and didn't assume this would be a cake walk? You could have did the same....

My team is g12 boba, g11 IG-88, g11 cad bane and g9 Greedo, g9 Zam. I would say I expected it to be enough.

Lol, really....who is going to absorb damage on that team?

Boba
  • Cash grab for sure...
    Very disappointing this event is.
    On the brighterside its only ANOTHER chewie so his little grayed out box can sit at the bottom of my roster 4 ever because my bhs arent going to be capable of doing their job and clearing that event
    ~anytime~in the near or later swgoh future.... cheers for another event
    Even if its ridiculous
    Its not that hard at all

I was able to clear the first 6 tiers with my eyes closed with ok mods without any effort

T7 isn't that hard.

7 Star Bossk comes way before Gear 12 Bossk so you’re basically a liar
  • If this is the future, thousand of players will quit the game due to fatigue, impossible goals, even the revelation that panic farming and spending a certain amount of money is not enough! (see other treads..)
  • Looks like EA though there are too many F2P players so they found a way to make them all rage quit... hahaha
    That’s not how legendaries have worked in the past. People would be able to unlock at 5* no problem. The challenge came in the 7* fights. That’s where the difficulty should be. Requiring multiple zetas, G12+, god mods and the new BH isn’t the right way. But call me old school i guess.

No, some people could unlock at 5* no problem in the past. Many couldn't. Same as this time. I can't get him this time, as even with a 2.8m gp I've only focused on the original bounty hunters, and only recently. I'm not surprised that this event requires characters who have been in the game years to be g11 & zetas as where would the challenge be if anyone who had been playing the game for a year or so would effectively get him by default.

If you’ve been playing the game for a year, you get all of the other legendary characters “by default”. And it isn’t default, you still have to farm the shards and gears. That’s a year of dedication and daily playing invested in the game. This is just being **** for atupid’s sake. It’s a betrayal of the expectation for legendary characters and an insult to the regular players of this game. It’s another example of letting the rich get richer and punishing the masses. The people that already beat heroic sith raid and max out arena metas witll get the new “best” character. Everyone else continues to get dumped on.

I didn't get Thrawn by default. Or CLS. I made different choices so that part of my roster wasn't up to scratch at the time both first came up. Yours were I'm guessing, so you've assumed you'd be fine this time round.
  • Even if they tune it down, they won't do it this time. They will do it the next time after everyone is forced to invest in g12
  • We didn't have any new legendary event since BB-8 which was one year ago (HJ doesn't count) and now that we finally have one, it's lame. Usually you can clear a legendary event (tier 7) with G8 toons, arena mods and good strategy. But this Chewie event is a cash grab/p2w/whale fiesta. Impossible to clear at tier 6 without new BH, or a zBossk G12 (which is still half F2P imo) because the gear requirements are stupid and OG BH are too weak without Bossk (can't even trigger the contract, you get OS by Han( who can't be stunned and counters :D)). This is scandalous and you CG have to balance this horrible event with a hotfix asap.
    Its not that hard at all

T7 isn't that hard.

I call ****
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    With a lot of luck I managed to get 5* chewie with G9 Boba (L), G8 Greedo, G9 Dengar, G8 Cad Bane, and G8 IG-88.

https://swgoh.gg/squads/106233/
  • Simply ridiculous. I wonder what the direction for the game will be for future events. Back then you only had to worry about getting the required characters to 5* or 7* and you could get the legendary. Now even with that, you'll need maxed out gear and mods to be able to complete.
    Not putting a lot of assurance for your players.
  • Dude seriously why are you defending them? G11 to unlock at 5 stars? When has that ever been done before? G12 for the 7 stars? I mean come on, I still face a carbanti crunch..

Boba

For unlock? It's enough.
  • Looks like EA though there are too many F2P players so they found a way to make them all rage quit... hahaha

Except many of us spend A LITTLE money, like I did on the one and only Bossk because I decided early on I wanted to play BH, as they looked the most fun. I’m the one guy trying to climb the squad arena ladder past Emperor and Bastilla teams on my server.. Then they release all this new BH content and top it off with a legendary event for Chewbacca that you think will be a reward for having chosen the BH path and here you are scratching your head as to how they can call for Gear 11 at 5 Star.
  • Boba lead, OG bounty hunters, no zetas, no zam, did it G10 Boba, G9 IG88 and G8 Dengar, Greedo and Cad, basically just starting over again again and again always execute and then kill Chewy first, then pray to get Cad to stun Han and you MAY have a chance. RNG gods must BLESS you for this to work!
  • I get Bossks Zeta tomorrow. It might be what I need to get 5 Star.
    CHFC22 wrote: »

If you’ve been playing the game for a year, you get all of the other legendary characters “by default”. And it isn’t default, you still have to farm the shards and gears. That’s a year of dedication and daily playing invested in the game. This is just being **** for atupid’s sake. It’s a betrayal of the expectation for legendary characters and an insult to the regular players of this game. It’s another example of letting the rich get richer and punishing the masses. The people that already beat heroic sith raid and max out arena metas witll get the new “best” character. Everyone else continues to get dumped on.

I didn't get Thrawn by default. Or CLS. I made different choices so that part of my roster wasn't up to scratch at the time both first came up. Yours were I'm guessing, so you've assumed you'd be fine this time round.
    I didn’t get CLS on the first try, but that’s only because I didn’t have Old Ben (a character that had been around but I didn’t farm). That’s the point. The limiting element has always been the characters - not maxed out gear/mods. If you spent the time to get the characters to 7* and get them to a playable gear level, you got the legendary character. That’s how the game has always played.

Until now. And that stinks.
  • SpursFTW wrote: »
    Boba lead, OG bounty hunters, no zetas, no zam, did it G10 Boba, G9 IG88 and G8 Dengar, Greedo and Cad, basically just starting over again again and again always execute and then kill Chewy first, then pray to get Cad to stun Han and you MAY have a chance. RNG gods must BLESS you for this to work!

7* ?
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    SpursFTW wrote: »
    Boba lead, OG bounty hunters, no zetas, no zam, did it G10 Boba, G9 IG88 and G8 Dengar, Greedo and Cad, basically just starting over again again and again always execute and then kill Chewy first, then pray to get Cad to stun Han and you MAY have a chance. RNG gods must BLESS you for this to work!

Are you fully Omega’d?
  • No_Try wrote: »

Boba

For unlock? It's enough.

Who care about unlock dude, I did unlock him, I want 7 stars, I want raid toons, nobody cares about arena, I have Traya
    => reduced server operation costs => better financial figures :D