[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Prev13456757
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
edited October 2018
CG_Erik wrote: »
4Ot5VxF.jpg

Have you heard the tale of the Hero who led the Jedi to victory against the Mandalorians in the ancient war? How the Savior of the Republic faced down the armies of Mandalore and took their leader’s mask? Or, perhaps, the story of a great fall and a return to the light? Learn all about one of the great mysteries and myths of the Old Republic. Prepare to follow the journey of... Jedi Knight Revan!

Are you ready to face the dark side with Jedi Knight Revan? You will need the following characters at 7 stars to complete the event and unlock a 7 star Jedi Knight Revan:

Starting Oct 18th, you will need the following characters at 7 stars to complete the event and unlock a 7 star Jedi Knight Revan: Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, T3-M4, Mission Vao and Zaalbar

Each of these characters is available on the holotable in one (or more) locations. Here’s where you can find each:
  • Bastila Shan:
    • Fleet 2-D
    • Dark Side 5-B
  • Jolee Bindo
    • Fleet 4-E
    • Dark Side 6-D
  • T3-M4
    • Cantina 6-B
  • Mission Vao
    • Cantina 7-A
  • Zaalbar
    • Fleet 3-C
    • Light Side 5-D

Additionally, the following Packs and Bundles for Old Republic characters will be available to help you prepare for this rare event:

Heroes Of Legend: Bastila Shan & Jolee Bindo Bundle
Bundle Includes:
  • Bastila Shan (x50)
  • Jolee Bindo (x50)
  • Credits
  • XP Training Droids
  • Ability Mats
  • Gear
Date available: October 10th
Maximum # purchases: 1
Minimum Level requirements: 20+

Heroes Of Legend: T3-M4 Bundle
Bundle Includes:
  • T3-M4 (x50)
  • Credits
  • XP Training Droids
  • Ability Mats
  • Gear

Heroes Of Legend: Zaalbar & Mission Vao Bundle
Bundle Includes:
  • Zaalbar (x50)
  • Mission Vao (x50)
  • Credits
  • XP Training Droids
  • Ability Mats
  • Gear
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Let me preface this by saying that I have absolutely nothing against speculation and conjecture. It's pretty fun to see what people come up with and to get excited about the possibilities. That being said, from the way people are reacting to the news about Revan, you would think there's a lot more information available. Let's break it down.

Here's what we know about the upcoming Jedi Revan release:
    • Jedi Revan is coming to the game sometime in the next three months.
    • That's really about it.
    Here's what we don't know about the upcoming release, but lots of people still assume wholeheartedly:
    • How Revan will be introduced into the game.
    • When exactly Revan will be introduced into the game.
    • Which characters will be needed to unlock Revan.

Many people appear to be absolutely certain that OR characters will be needed to unlock Revan, and are willing to dump lots of time and resources into it with almost zero information to go off of. While this seems plausible, we simply don't know enough to go out preaching with total conviction that everyone needs to farm those characters - the same phenomenon appears to be happening with the Solo characters, in anticipation for an unsubstantiated rumor of a (possibly legendary) Beckett release, which is doubtful at best - but this post is mainly about Revan, so I'll save that discussion for another time.

Not only that, but people seem fairly certain that Revan will be coming very quickly, within the next few weeks. Keep in mind that the road ahead updates provide information for the next three months, so it could be longer than people are anticipating. We know that there will be a week of warning if Revan does end up being a legendary character, but we haven't gotten that warning yet, so there's at least a week, at most three months. That's a big range.

One last thing. Tons of people appear very impatient for Revan to be released, or even just for more information to be given. It's only been four days since the puzzle was posted, and only three since it was solved. It hasn't even been a week since Revan was confirmed - simply confirmed, little to nothing more - and people are already chomping at the bit. Just be patient. More information will be released soon, on CG's schedule (which I'm confident that they do have, given that they are a large company; it's probably been planned for a while now, even).

Moral of the story: just relax. In my opinion, it's a waste of time and resources to panic farm for something that you don't even know any details of, especially if different characters end up being required. If you believe that Revan will be coming sooner rather than later, feel free to act accordingly. If you want to panic farm your OR characters, be my guest. But don't preach it like it's certain until it is.

Rant over. I'll step down off of my soapbox now.
  • I'm not going to panic farm so no matter. I was already working on them and I'm fine with missing the first attempt whenever it comes.

I survived missing jtr on the first attempt, I'll survive this if it ends up being 5 OR.
  • Try and see it another way. Let's say CG released a new Rebel team, Crix Madine, Endor Han, Endor Leia, Endor Rebel Soldier, and Endor Rebel Saboteur. Let's say they then released a teaser, a mere two weeks after those all become farmable, for Endor Luke. What conclusions do you draw?
  • Your post was fine until you told people not to panic farm. They can do what they feel is spot on and the clues are pretty obvious.

On the other hand, I agree that people shouldn't complain about "hey, don't bring revan, the toons are on hard nodes and I won't make it" or "please add them to the stores, every new character is super p2p and I want him now". What I mean is, we don't know the requirements and dates yet
  • It was solved an hour after it was posted because EA dropped the trailer with it, after one hour after the hints were posted.
  • I like to panic farm! And the old republic toons are not even that bad
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Yes, we don't know the exact date, requirements or release type / structure of Revan but you should farm all the 5 Old Republic Toons to 7* if possible because they have a direct relation to Revan. Its not like you have better priorities and feel like Revan is passable. There are tons of signs pointing that they are needed for Revan.

Personally, I think its going to be something similar to Heroes Journey-like event except you don't need a base character (or a version of HJ that doesn't require a base toon named differently)

Either way, the Old Republic Toons have pretty solid kits regardless and are worth farming
  • tetete15 wrote: »
    Let me preface this by saying that I have absolutely nothing against speculation and conjecture. It's pretty fun to see what people come up with and to get excited about the possibilities. That being said, from the way people are reacting to the news about Revan, you would think there's a lot more information available. Let's break it down.

Here's what we know about the upcoming Jedi Revan release:
    • Jedi Revan is coming to the game sometime in the next three months.
    • That's really about it.
    Here's what we don't know about the upcoming release, but lots of people still assume wholeheartedly:
    • How Revan will be introduced into the game.
    • When exactly Revan will be introduced into the game.
    • Which characters will be needed to unlock Revan.

Many people appear to be absolutely certain that OR characters will be needed to unlock Revan, and are willing to dump lots of time and resources into it with almost zero information to go off of. While this seems plausible, we simply don't know enough to go out preaching with total conviction that everyone needs to farm those characters - the same phenomenon appears to be happening with the Solo characters, in anticipation for an unsubstantiated rumor of a (possibly legendary) Beckett release, which is doubtful at best - but this post is mainly about Revan, so I'll save that discussion for another time.

Not only that, but people seem fairly certain that Revan will be coming very quickly, within the next few weeks. Keep in mind that the road ahead updates provide information for the next three months, so it could be longer than people are anticipating. We know that there will be a week of warning if Revan does end up being a legendary character, but we haven't gotten that warning yet, so there's at least a week, at most three months. That's a big range.

One last thing. Tons of people appear very impatient for Revan to be released, or even just for more information to be given. It's only been four days since the puzzle was posted, and only three since it was solved. It hasn't even been a week since Revan was confirmed - simply confirmed, little to nothing more - and people are already chomping at the bit. Just be patient. More information will be released soon, on CG's schedule (which I'm confident that they do have, given that they are a large company; it's probably been planned for a while now, even).

Moral of the story: just relax. In my opinion, it's a waste of time and resources to panic farm for something that you don't even know any details of, especially if different characters end up being required. If you believe that Revan will be coming sooner rather than later, feel free to act accordingly. If you want to panic farm your OR characters, be my guest. But don't preach it like it's certain until it is.

Rant over. I'll step down off of my soapbox now.

Well constructed post. I don't useuly read long posts but this was well done.

• I'm torn between your point of view and the 'panic farm' one.

On the one hand we know we aren't getting many ( if any ) more marquee characters for a while, so those toons PROBABLY are it. But they're a little weird as a combination for a legendary or journey event. Maybe. Especially for someone like Revan, apparently. Even though there's little else that makes sense to farm, except...

...there's also the Sith characters from that era. And HK-47 and Visas Marr. And, as you pointed out, we have no REAL idea what kind of event this is. Just clues, or what we might be presuming to be clues. This could be an event the scale, sort, or kind of which we've really never seen before.

Or not. I mean, what the heck is that Terentatek about, right?
  • I would be happy to Hakuna My Tatas, if I had any Tatas.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    In my humble opinion it's a solid strategy to plan ahead based on speculation. It's always a gamble without confirmation, but that's part of the fun. Realistically speaking, when the requirements are finally confirmed, you're already too late (unless you're willing to spend a bunch of money or got lucky with the toons you've farmed ofc).
    Just don't start complaining about something that may not even happen in the first place, or come crying when in hindsight it turned out you gambled on the wrong faction.
  • Might be doing a bit of assumption here but think the OPs point on panic farming is that hey farm away on those toons sure and if you want them now to be certain (if they are even required) then thats fine. However if all the speculation proves to be wrong and its different to what people are saying then you cant fly off on one blaming CG etc. Unfortunately there are a small percentage of people that will do that
  • thatguy181
    128 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    A lot of people are freaking out because of history. CLS was announced, within 2 weeks or less, his event started. People had to panic farm Old Ben and Farmboy Luke because they were crap characters that few people wanted. JTR was announced, within 2 weeks or less, her event started. People had to panic farm the Vets because they **** and continue to do so.

History shows CG has a bad habit of talking about a new character and it coming to the game VERY quickly...

If you're honestly thinking there's even a remote chance it's not the 5 OR characters... you're fooling yourself. It's painfully obvious.
  • Posts seems useless
  • The nicest thing about Revan coming out is finally having a character come out that I have zero interest in and can ignore until the second time around without feeling like I missed out on something.

The second nicest thing about Revan coming out is that it means every time CG posts a cryptic hint about something we won't hear 50 "REVAN?!"s any more.

The worst thing about Revan coming out, though, is when it singlehandedly doesn't destroy every team with one button and have 100% immunity to all debuffs and turn meter removal and we're going to have to read a bunch of posts about how their favorite mary sue isn't strong enough and needs a buff.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Im daily farming the OR toons in case and because i think i can use them at least T3, Jolee and Bastila.

But the logic of why it would be OR is sound, if unlocked by a team/faction no other team makes more sense... Although OR tag for HK, Sith trooper and assassin would make sense to add and reduce need for panic farm... But why reduce the need to panic farm?
  • thatguy181 wrote: »
    A lot of people are freaking out because of history. CLS was announced, within 2 weeks or less, his event started. People had to panic farm Old Ben and Farmboy Luke because they were crap characters that few people wanted. JTR was announced, within 2 weeks or less, her event started. People had to panic farm the Vets because they **** and continue to do so.

History shows CG has a bad habit of talking about a new character and it coming to the game VERY quickly...

If you're honestly thinking there's even a remote chance it's not the 5 OR characters... you're fooling yourself. It's painfully obvious.

I believe this to be different than the Luke release. While Farmboy Luke wasn't a viable toon for pretty much anything he has been there since the beginning and if you chose to focus your attention elsewhere then you can only point to yourself as the problem. Old Ben was part of the meta for a long time before he released. I don't know when you started playing the game but if it's from the beginning you only had yourself to blame for not being prepared.

This time it is far far far too early to require the OR toons for a legendary event, even by the standards that Thrawn was released.
  • This time it is far far far too early to require the OR toons for a legendary event, even by the standards that Thrawn was released.

That's why it's called a panic farm :) CG has done nothing but drop hints that the Old Republic toons would be important in the near future. When was the last time characters went free to play and were given TWO seperate hard nodes using two separate energies? And almost in the same breath, they halved the refresh cost and let us do 8 instead of 5...

Even if by some chance (honestly probably lower than your odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field) the 5 OR toons aren't used for Jedi Revan, they will be used for something important sooner rather than later. CG has been BEGGING us to go ahead and start farming them...
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    This time it is far far far too early to require the OR toons for a legendary event, even by the standards that Thrawn was released.

When will we require the OR toons if i may ask? Oh wait.....
  • They will be needed. I’m 30 days from having them but I think I’ll be late.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    The nicest thing about Revan coming out is finally having a character come out that I have zero interest in and can ignore until the second time around without feeling like I missed out on something.

The second nicest thing about Revan coming out is that it means every time CG posts a cryptic hint about something we won't hear 50 "REVAN?!"s any more.

The worst thing about Revan coming out, though, is when it singlehandedly doesn't destroy every team with one button and have 100% immunity to all debuffs and turn meter removal and we're going to have to read a bunch of posts about how their favorite mary sue isn't strong enough and needs a buff.

... except that this is “Jedi Revan”. So going forward, every cryptic post will be greeted with 50 “Darth Revan”s... 😉
  • I'm returning to the game for Revan xD
  • tetete15
    115 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Ooh, boy. I knew this would generate a lot of response, but I didn't realize how quickly it would all come in. I'll put my replies in spoilers to streamline this massive wall of text. Edit: It's still pretty massive, sorry. It would be far worse if I didn't spoiler everything though.

@Corrog
    Corrog wrote: »
    Try and see it another way. Let's say CG released a new Rebel team, Crix Madine, Endor Han, Endor Leia, Endor Rebel Soldier, and Endor Rebel Saboteur. Let's say they then released a teaser, a mere two weeks after those all become farmable, for Endor Luke. What conclusions do you draw?

In that situation, the connection would be fairly obvious (still not 100% certain, but very likely). In this current situation with Revan, it's less clear-cut. I'm not saying that OR toons won't be needed, simply that it's not as certain as people are making it out to be. As far as I can tell, OR seems most likely, though I could see Sith being a candidate faction too.

@GreenGoblin96
    Your post was fine until you told people not to panic farm. They can do what they feel is spot on and the clues are pretty obvious.

On the other hand, I agree that people shouldn't complain about "hey, don't bring revan, the toons are on hard nodes and I won't make it" or "please add them to the stores, every new character is super p2p and I want him now". What I mean is, we don't know the requirements and dates yet

I stated that "In my opinion, it's a waste of time and resources to panic farm for something that you don't even know any details of, especially if different characters end up being required. . . [but] If you want to panic farm your OR characters, be my guest. But don't preach it like it's certain until it is." My point in saying that was simply that people shouldn't preach assumptions as the truth, as some appear to be doing.

But yes, the complaints from individual players about not being able to make it in time are a bit futile. CG isn't going to change the plan that they've likely had in place for a while now just so a few extra players will obtain the character sooner.

@Gamorrean
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    I like to panic farm! And the old republic toons are not even that bad

Hey, nothing against that - they're certainly good toons. Go for it, if you want! :) I'm just pointing out that it's not certain.

@Ultra
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yes, we don't know the exact date, requirements or release type / structure of Revan but you should farm all the 5 Old Republic Toons to 7* if possible because they have a direct relation to Revan. Its not like you have better priorities and feel like Revan is passable. There are tons of signs pointing that they are needed for Revan.

Personally, I think its going to be something similar to Heroes Journey-like event except you don't need a base character (or a version of HJ that doesn't require a base toon named differently)

Either way, the Old Republic Toons have pretty solid kits regardless and are worth farming

Personally, my current priorities are on building a Rancor team (since I don't have one yet) and then finishing my bounty hunters to unlock Chewie next time his event comes around. As excited as I am for Revan, I know that I probably wouldn't make it the first time even if I did start panic farming, so I would rather keep focusing on my current goals than stress myself out on a gamble. I'll eventually make my way to preparing for Revan, just not any time soon - I'm well behind meta anyway, so it doesn't matter that much to me. Nothing's stopping you from farming them though.

@MCThr33pio
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I'm torn between your point of view and the 'panic farm' one.

On the one hand we know we aren't getting many ( if any ) more marquee characters for a while, so those toons PROBABLY are it. But they're a little weird as a combination for a legendary or journey event. Maybe. Especially for someone like Revan, apparently. Even though there's little else that makes sense to farm, except...

...there's also the Sith characters from that era. And HK-47 and Visas Marr. And, as you pointed out, we have no REAL idea what kind of event this is. Just clues, or what we might be presuming to be clues. This could be an event the scale, sort, or kind of which we've really never seen before.

Or not. I mean, what the heck is that Terentatek about, right?

Yes, I agree with this - at this point, who knows? Honestly it would give me a nice chuckle if a completely unrelated faction was necessary (Tusken reworks/additions, anyone? :D ), but I'm almost certain that CG wouldn't do that to their player base. OR does seem like an odd combination for Revan, but right now I think the best guesses are that or Sith.

@Boov
    Boov wrote: »
    In my humble opinion it's a solid strategy to plan ahead based on speculation. It's always a gamble without confirmation, but that's part of the fun. Realistically speaking, when the requirements are finally confirmed, you're already too late (unless you're willing to spend a bunch of money or got lucky with the toons you've farmed ofc).
    Just don't start complaining about something that may not even happen in the first place, or come crying when in hindsight it turned out you gambled on the wrong faction.

Amen to that. Planning ahead is definitely important - admittedly, it's also something that I've learned the hard way in this game. But I prefer to plan ahead for longer than the first time that a character rolls around. Once I know the requirements, I'll decide whether to keep focusing on my current goals or switch priorities and farm for the second or third run. At the moment, my main goal is a decent Rancor team, which I want as soon as possible so that I can get Han. Then I'll go back to my bounty hunter team and get them ready to unlock Chewie next time (they're almost there but not quite, so I have plenty of time). Past that, I can take a look at what I'm closest to unlocking next and go from there. As I mentioned in reply to another comment, I'm well behind meta, so this method is just what works for me.

@Shonkathonk
    Might be doing a bit of assumption here but think the OPs point on panic farming is that hey farm away on those toons sure and if you want them now to be certain (if they are even required) then thats fine. However if all the speculation proves to be wrong and its different to what people are saying then you cant fly off on one blaming CG etc. Unfortunately there are a small percentage of people that will do that

That's part of it, yes. My other point, which in hindsight I didn't state very explicitly at all, is that absolutely asserting the "panic farm OR toons immediately" mentality could prove to be problematic for players who either aren't yet at the stage of the game to worry about panic farming or who just need to focus on something, by leading them to switch focus when they're not yet to a decent spot with their main farms, ultimately ending up with two teams and neither quite functional rather than one team that is functional enough to move on to something else. I would argue that premature meta-chasing weakens the player overall, and I'm sure that most people would prefer to avoid mistakes that cost a lot of time and resources.

@thatguy181
    thatguy181 wrote: »

That's definitely a fair point. I'm sure part of the reason is to encourage panic farming - and, more importantly, panic whaling. Ultimately, CG is a business trying to make money, and that's an effective way to do it. But it's not the end of the world to miss Revan (or any new character) the first time. It could certainly be a setback, but it may not be worth completely changing gears for some players.

It does make sense to me that OR toons would be required, and if I had already been farming them I would of course dig deep into them - but I'm invested in other things, and now wouldn't be an effective time for me to veer away.

@NicWester
    The nicest thing about Revan coming out is finally having a character come out that I have zero interest in and can ignore until the second time around without feeling like I missed out on something.

I couldn't agree more. If I was planning on going for Revan the first time and actually got him, I would almost be tempted to make a sarcastic complaint that he didn't make my team of CUP, JKG, Ugnaught, ME, and Lobot the new meta.

@Hanfirst
    Hanfirst wrote: »
    Im daily farming the OR toons in case and because i think i can use them at least T3, Jolee and Bastila.

But the logic of why it would be OR is sound, if unlocked by a team/faction no other team makes more sense... Although OR tag for HK, Sith trooper and assassin would make sense to add and reduce need for panic farm... But why reduce the need to panic farm?

Totally - more power to you. And I agree that adding OR tags for those toons would make sense, and could even be a plausible precursor to the release. If the goal is to make money, is seems logical to reduce panic farming just a little to make it appear more attainable, but still have a heavy emphasis on it. Dangling the carrot a little closer, I guess you could say.

@Buddy
    Buddy wrote: »

... except that this is “Jedi Revan”. So going forward, every cryptic post will be greeted with 50 “Darth Revan”s... 😉

Yep, pretty much. But that's just to be expected. The community will always find something to latch onto and get their hopes up for.
  • Been thinking about this... we won't get Revan too soon. (Read into too soon what you will.)

We absolutely (I believe this 100% but it's just an opinion) will have a Marquee first for Carth Onassi and probably a Marquee for his ship, Endar Spire.

I wouldn't be surprised at that point for T3 to get the crew member affiliation tag as u need T3 for the ship.

I can't imagine any Revan Journey not having Carth as part of the party. Other than Bastilla, he is the second most integral member (maybe third if you count T3, or 4'th if you think HK47 is needed too).

To me, those characters hold the most sway, and then you get to Mission and Zalabar.

My other thought is that while you need all, it will be for different parts of the event/journey.

Granted this is speculation, but it would coincide with what CG_Carrie said about while they aren't currently working on Marquees anymore, that doesn't mean we won't still get some that were already in the works.

IE: Carth will be the one behind the paywall, so while everyone is freaking out right now, get ready for an outright riot when Carth is only farmable for maybe a 2-3 week span before Revan rolls out.
  • See it as a legendary since its jedi revan so im guessing mandalorian war version before the fall to darth revan. Can see carth canderous and johani being needed for a revan redeemed or something (aka kotor version) but not for jedi revan.
  • I'm undecided what I believe the event will be, but you have an interesting take on the subject. Very good point that there may have already been marquee events queued up on the fiscal calendar when it was announced that CG isn't currently working on them. A large company like this isn't going to simply release things as soon as they're ready, as that would just be a bad move on their part. I would imagine that they plan at least a quarter or two - possibly even a full fiscal year - in advance, with new updates and additions scheduled out in a way that makes sense financially as well as with the ebb and flow of the game itself.

To me, another marquee or so before Revan's release would make sense. I don't know much about the original KOTOR (I've only played the sequel, and not much of it at that), but your suggestions seem logical. Not to mention, sticking in a paywall marquee character before such a highly anticipated release would likely be very effective to promote panic-whaling and boost profits.
  • I do not think it will be a Hero's Journey:

1 - This is Revan's first appearance in the game. There is no "Basic Revan" a là Scavenger Rey or Farmboy Luke to actually go on a Hero's Journey.

2 - The trailer lingers on the "Hero" text and several key commentators including YouTubers have stated this is a hint that it's a Hero's Journey. I believe it isn't. It's merely to hammer home the point that we're getting JEDI Revan before he turned to a villain.

3 - Jedi Revan will possibly be used in the future for our first "Villain's Journey". It will require moving through the events that turn him into Darth Revan with the reward being a 7* Darth Revan. This fits the bill way more than creating a Hero's Journey that doesn't include the actual character that is becoming the hero.
  • Carth is not necesary dude, he is a lame character
  • I think this whole thing is running interference for the solo toons we should be farming right now.
  • I can pretty much guarantee there will not be another marquee as a precursor for Revan... he has already been announced in a "Road Ahead" post, which is generally 1-2 months prior notice of an event. Even if a Marquee event launched today, it would still be 6-8 weeks before that toon showed up in shipments and another 6-8 weeks before it gets put on a hard or cantina node... that's a minimum of 12 weeks, or just under 3 months before a new marquee toon becomes farmable... one thing that has been 100% consistent with legendary and hero journey events is that they only use farmable toons.

So, no there will not be another marquee prior to Revan... the 5 OR toons that are now farmable... bet your bottom dollar you will need all 5 of em, and you will need them 7* for full effect (or any effect if it's a hero journey, which I'm betting it is)

That is all.