Kit Reveal: Jedi Knight Revan

Replies

• Thank you!!!!!
  • Let’s try this again:

@CG_SBCrumb previously leader abilities would not double for dual faction, only Uniques. However, Revan’s is VERY specific. Does this portion below double up for dual faction?

“At the start of battle, Jedi and Old Republic allies gain +5 Speed, +5% Crit Chance and +5% Offense for each Jedi and each Old Republic ally.”

He answered your question above. Said yes.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    thedudeguy wrote: »
    "However, he is locked behind a strict paywall"

You can get every single character with free energy. That's not what a paywall is. I'm not gonna defend EA/CG but at least be honest when criticizing them.

“I’m not gonna defend EA/CG”

He says in a post defending EA/CG. I’m not gonna defend the other guy though...

In actuality though, you’re 100% correct.

Yes you can get any of the 5 characters with Free Energy, but you cannot get all 5 of them in the time available with free energy.... unless you happen to have 50k+ crystals lying around.

Therefore imo it’s still a paywall.

But at least it’s a very big paywall, so not many will be getting him, and it’s the ones who probably are well beyond me in arena etc anyway

Some people saved up a ton of crystals. The key is to plan. And you don’t actually have to pay to get him, it’ll be easy to get him next time around.
  • Old_Man_Kunz
    13 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Everything looks awesome! Great job CG! Although, the synergy doesn't make sense, how can none of the Old Republic toons not have synergy with Revan??
    “You must unlearn what you have learned.” - Yoda
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Lokey wrote: »
    Let’s try this again:

@CG_SBCrumb previously leader abilities would not double for dual faction, only Uniques. However, Revan’s is VERY specific. Does this portion below double up for dual faction?

“At the start of battle, Jedi and Old Republic allies gain +5 Speed, +5% Crit Chance and +5% Offense for each Jedi and each Old Republic ally.”

He answered your question above. Said yes.
    Sorry I've was told that was a bit incorrect. Edited the above post to say it only applies once but you'll get 10% for each Old Republic Ally. So essentially yes
  • Everything looks awesome! Great job CG! Although, the synergy doesn't make sense, how can none of the Old Republic toons not have synergy with Raven??

• I would have liked more old republic synergies but seems good.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    I feel like the “immune to stun and ability block” thing is not very creative. If you give this to all the good toons, Chewie, Revan, etc., then it’s not even fun anymore. It is a really great thing to have, but it’s gonna make things real boring in the long run.

I can’t like this enough. Stop with the “immune to” uniques and the attacks that can’t be evaded/resisted. It’s so uncreative.
  • @CG_SBCrumb

I’m sure you’re going to get there. But specifically will annihilate trigger savior. Or as it’s an outright kill does it by pass the Savior unique

Thanks
  • Will Savior stop annihilate?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb does these bonuses for Revan’s Leader ability double for dual faction?

Yes, it applies twice to Old Republic Jedi Sorry for the confusion, this only applies once

To rereclarify: So only once and NOT twice? Thx!

c0pykjk027vg.jpeg
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • “While Revan is in the leader slot and not the ally slot, units are immune to bonus Turn Meter effects from leader abilities until the start of the first turn of battle.”

Not quite sure I know what that means, other than looking like a hard counter to any Bastila lead Jedi teams....
  • Revan seems very jedi team oriented, doesnt look to have a big advantage of adding mission/z instead of an ezra, yoda or someone.
    But i can see OR jedi working well with Revan, but at the same time outside arena may be better to split bastilla and Revan to make two strong jedi teams
  • Well thats pretty good
  • “While Revan is in the leader slot and not the ally slot, units are immune to bonus Turn Meter effects from leader abilities until the start of the first turn of battle.”

Not quite sure I know what that means, other than looking like a hard counter to any Bastila lead Jedi teams....

They feared the Zaul! 😂
  • Kit looks great. But still am not going to break the bank on him. Grats to those who did/will.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @Halig @Boba_The_Fetter

Annihilate will still WAI.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Ponnek wrote: »
    And another question about the 1% life...iif a Jedi has 5k life left and gets damaged with 5100..ddoes that trigger the ability? He won't be at 1%, he would be at 0%
    It should read 1% and below. They will still revive if they take lethal damage
    Slightly more complicated answer after talking to the dev team. Once a character with Savior hits 1%, they stop taking damage. They never technically revive but Nihilus' Annhilate will still finish off a character

I would assume because this is directly tied to the wording of "Annihilate" in that it "instantly defeats". No damage is done so the character never gets to 1% health. They are simply defeated. Hence why no damage numbers appear on screen when it is used.
  • Triple shard drops please! FTP and light spending players have been screwed hardcore here.
  • I run jedi in arena...looks like I'll have to go sell myself now.
  • Also, Aayla looks like she'll be really good under this lead
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Halig wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

I’m sure you’re going to get there. But specifically will annihilate trigger savior. Or as it’s an outright kill does it by pass the Savior unique

Thanks

It bypasses Savior and will still finish off the target because as you said, it defeats the unit and isn't actually dealing damage
  • Marked: All enemies will target this unit.

Seems to be some confusion about this mechanic. The way I read it is if the enemy uses an ability that targets an ally (say to heal them, give them a buff or call an assist) then they are forced to select the marked ally.

It's a rather effective way to control the enemy by lowering the efficiency of targeted abilities.
  • New META will be
    Darth Revan (L)
    Bastilla Shan
    Hermit Yoda
    Grand Master Yoda
    General Kenobi
  • Is this one “revive” per team, or 1 per Jedi?
  • Revan looks well balanced from what I've read. That said why are the old republic toons required to get him still mediocre at best? Besides Bastilla the rest are garbage toons. I thought it would at least make it worth spending if Revan made them better. That's not the case when you show synergies with Yoda bros, Ezra, GK. Not to promising to spend to see that the toons needed aren't made better with him. It's like a worst version of the Phoenix squad. Thoughts?
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @Rylo2018

I already mentioned this earlier and Crumb said it's essentially forcing a taunt on an enemy. The wording is poor.

It allows Revan to select a new target for his allies to attack. So you can ignore Sion's taunt with Revan and inflict "marked" on Traya, and then your entire team can choose to either attack Sion OR Traya as if both of them were taunting.

What we've asked for in the past, just poorly worded.
  • thedudeguy wrote: »
    "However, he is locked behind a strict paywall"

You can get every single character with free energy. That's not what a paywall is. I'm not gonna defend EA/CG but at least be honest when criticizing them.

WRONG. You cannot get this toon by next week without paying. They will bring him back in 3 months but SUDDENLY DISCOVER he is over powered and nerf some abilities. This happens all the time to give the spenders a huge advantage.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Revan looks well balanced from what I've read. That said why are the old republic toons required to get him still mediocre at best? Besides Bastilla the rest are garbage toons. I thought it would at least make it worth spending if Revan made them better. That's not the case when you show synergies with Yoda bros, Ezra, GK. Not to promising to spend to see that the toons needed aren't made better with him. It's like a worst version of the Phoenix squad. Thoughts?

Honestly, Bastilla is horrible as a standalone character. What makes her so great is her synergy with GMY and the buff spreading...not to mention the synergy she'll have under a Revan lead sense she's Old Republic and makes everyone counter attack. I would've thought she'd be the replacement if she wasn't going to be in the leader spot. But after reading everything that's actually going to be Ezra.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Rylo2018

I already mentioned this earlier and Crumb said it's essentially forcing a taunt on an enemy. The wording is poor.

It allows Revan to select a new target for his allies to attack. So you can ignore Sion's taunt, Mark Traya, and then your entire team can choose to either attack Sion OR Traya as if both of them were taunting.

That will allow people to run another “Chex Mix” team.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    AND BAM THE KIT IS FREAKING AWESOME!

Well then, though it is funny how the other 4 old republic characters are completely and utterly terrible and he doesn't synergise well with them at all (I mean wow they made T3 so bad), he's going to make Jedi even more OP with those...

He counters Bast 100%
    He counters Sith 100%
    He counters Nightsisters... I mean he counters basically everything.

So, worth the investment people put in him indeed.

He's gonna make Jedi truly epic, more so then Bast ever could... apparently.
This discussion has been closed.