The Road Ahead: 11/09/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

  • Grand arena sounds... phenomenal. Hopefully it includes ships. I think everyone wants a live PVP instead of PvAI... but I’ll. Take this.
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    All the teasing for Clone Wars stuff and General Greivous, and absolutely nothing for either? New mode or not, this “Road Ahead” is a let down.

    I did say somewhere that Ahnald would be among the first to know, but the GG rework speculation came from leaks. We can’t comment on leaks. I’m sorry that someone speculated that though as he is not in this quarter.

    If a GG rework is confirmed to not be happening this quarter that means Ahnald is going to delete his channel.
    Nah, he decided to count the TW as a semi-rework. His new thing is that he will unlock Rose if he doesn’t get an actual rework by the end of the quarter.

  • Cant wait to change my payout time! Thanks!
  • Thank you for you work on this. There’s been a lot of big events lately and now this. It’s been met with varying views, but your work for this game is greatly appreciated. I came back after a while because I missed it so much, so thank you for making a great game.
  • Ultra
    2837 posts Member
    I recommend people wait and give Grand Arena a try before hating it preemptively.

    I'm not sure how much KOTOR + OT content they plan on fitting in 45 days. C3P0 would be coming in December and is the highlight for the OT content. Not sure about KOTOR (Darth Malak sounds like a Feb thing)
  • BlackMarco
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    RE: PAYOUT TIME CHANGE

    its twice per year... can you clarify? Calendar year or Two Time Zone changes every 12 months after the first time zone change?
    You will be given two time change tokens. You can use them at any time you like, twice in a row, or wait until daylight savings comes. Or never. Your choice.

    What is the rules for change payout time? Can I choose a time zone different from mine for change my payout?

    For example, at 6 PM in my time zone, I'm in my job. Can I choose a time zone different from mine so that my payout is, for example, 10 pm?
    Or I don't need to choose a time zone, only choose the payout time?
  • Ultra
    2837 posts Member
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    Will we be able to change the payouts of both squad and fleet arenas or will they still have the same hour overlap?

    Payouts are always connected
    This. Everything is connected in a fixed way. So energy times/payouts/etc. When you change your payout, everything will move accordingly to retain the same distance apart.
    Another useful tidbit for people before they do a PO change.

    Can we get a Payout change FAQ in the Dev Announcements that gets updated as more and more noteworthy questions are asked?

  • BlackMarco wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    RE: PAYOUT TIME CHANGE

    its twice per year... can you clarify? Calendar year or Two Time Zone changes every 12 months after the first time zone change?
    You will be given two time change tokens. You can use them at any time you like, twice in a row, or wait until daylight savings comes. Or never. Your choice.

    What is the rules for change payout time? Can I choose a time zone fa time zone different from mine for change my payout?

    For example, at 6 PM in my time zone, I'm in my job. Can I choose a time zone different from mine so that my payout is, for example, 10 pm?
    Yes, up until now people have only been allowed to change to 6PM local. We started making exceptions for extraordinary examples earlier this year, for people who had moved halfway across the world or were on vacation when they started playing. But it was still based on 6PM local time.

    Now you can change to any hour on the hour (there are some extreme exceptions for people in regions who are not on the full hour timezone clock), no matter what. If you want your payout at 10, feel free.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    BlackMarco wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    RE: PAYOUT TIME CHANGE

    its twice per year... can you clarify? Calendar year or Two Time Zone changes every 12 months after the first time zone change?
    You will be given two time change tokens. You can use them at any time you like, twice in a row, or wait until daylight savings comes. Or never. Your choice.

    What is the rules for change payout time? Can I choose a time zone fa time zone different from mine for change my payout?

    For example, at 6 PM in my time zone, I'm in my job. Can I choose a time zone different from mine so that my payout is, for example, 10 pm?
    Yes, up until now people have only been allowed to change to 6PM local. We started making exceptions for extraordinary examples earlier this year, for people who had moved halfway across the world or were on vacation when they started playing. But it was still based on 6PM local time.

    Now you can change to any hour on the hour (there are some extreme exceptions for people in regions who are not on the full hour timezone clock), no matter what. If you want your payout at 10, feel free.

    Thanks :) :)
  • Android
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    How exactly will this payout changes looks like? Will I be able to set my payout, for example, at 16:15 or even 16:18? Or only at full hours?

    Edit: Nevermind. Just saw the post above, only full hour timezones with few exceptions.
  • Ultra
    2837 posts Member
    Re: Old Republic Content

    Any plans on releasing the Tarentatek as an obtainable toon like the Wampa?
  • Grand Arena sounds like an awesome idea. Don't screw it up!
    And more stormtroopers! Stormtrooper with heavy blaster! But not the stormtrooper commander in the game. Look up what a real stormtrooper commander looks like.
  • Read that they were dropping more kotor toons and broke into my happy dance. Then my boss ask if i was having a seizure. So yes more kotor is always great.
  • Corwin117
    23 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @CG_Carrie Will the Clone Wars era/Prequel era ever receive the help it needs? I'm hoping for some new toons or reworks for them. They need help.
  • GeneralNueSence
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Slave Leia when
    Post edited by GeneralNueSence on
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    Will we be able to change the payouts of both squad and fleet arenas or will they still have the same hour overlap?

    Payouts are always connected
    This. Everything is connected in a fixed way. So energy times/payouts/etc. When you change your payout, everything will move accordingly to retain the same distance apart.

    So your daily reset will be 6 hrs after your payout still? if so it could be not at midnight?
    I made a quick calculator to help you determine your timezone. Something like this will appear in game but if you want to do some pre-planning just select the time on the left and everything will update

    2fy6b2os66v7.png

    Very helpful. Ty
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    I gotta tell you, the whole grand arena idea is actually really cool, however there's one thing I must say that it concerns me.

    I am not gonna lie, I have big ambitions and I know I'm not the best in the world but who wouldn't want to be competitive? Currently arena is all about your mods and clearly mods are a combination of lucky pulls and money spent on farming mods. The more mods you farm by spending real money, the higher the chances of getting a mod with higher speed. Most of us don't even have a dozen mods with over 20 secondaries, some don't even have a single one and that's after years of playing. But those who pay for additional refreshes will have an edge.

    I've played games like Counter strike before and those games are all about skill. Money will buy you some nice skins in counter strike but there's no competitive advantage. You can spend thousands in skins and never make it out of gold Nova(an average rank). In Galaxy of heroes however it's impossible to claim that you are better than someone else because you got luckier with pulling the better mods.

    I want us to be a little more careful with the statements and giving away titles to people for being "the best in the world", when all they ever had to do was pull out the credit card and buy a ton of crystals. The only possible way that you could make a claim of such proportions would be if you actually had a way to give people units of identical power and allow them to choose between custom 'sliders' for modifying stats. For example choose to put emphasis on potency at the expense of damage, or survivability over damage. As long as mods are a factor you simply cannot claim to be the best. There's also alot of RNG built in within the battles and the character kits which would greatly impact the outcome of a battle.

    Anyways, I'm it trying to be a downer, I'm hyped for this new mode, I just really hope that it won't turn into a show of comparing our mods with each other and basically making F2P unable to compete, making this a mode for whales only.
  • Ugnaught
    470 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    So if there was going to be a GG rework or a Clone rework that would have had to have been mentioned (even in a round about way) in the road ahead.

    Kotor was mentioned and the OT was mentioned. There was no mention of the prequel trilogy or sequel trilogy.
    Unless they are purposefully trying to deceive us...which, to be honest, at this point I wouldnt put it past them.
  • This feels like a Q&A session, thanks @CG_Carrie and CG_SBCrumb for your contribution. I am looking forward to the new content.
    Officer of recruiting for Ewoks Fit In Blenders. Traya on farm. 2 spots open, ask me for an invite.
Sign In or Register to comment.