So basically...(C3PO things)

Replies

• Options
    Didn't Anakin create C3PO? Maybe Anakin will be required? Just a random thought.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Can't you simply ignore it?
    Yes but this won't stop you from doing the same thing in the future

You offer no insight or anything meaningful that differentiates from the rest, asking the same people to repeat themselves when they have done so 3-4 times.

"I have my theories but I want you guys to do all the talking instead"

ok cool. Great way to start a discussion. I would've been interested if you shared your theories or something but nothing new here just a general question.

You can find answers to the question you are looking for in other threads which ask the same question you are asking, with pages of answers

can't you simply look at those and contribute there instead?

Can’t you simply let the moderators worry about this and conduct necessary merges instead of playing neighborhood watch on these forums?

Nope. I’ve been a volunteer mod before on other fora. If you just merge threads then the people come to rely on that and figure they may as well make their own thread because someone else will handle merging it.
    Meanwhile, look at the front page and you’ll see at least three December Calendar threads—the mods aren’t modding right now. I’m not complaining, as I said, I’ve been a volunteer mod before and sometimes you’re just feeling off-duty.

So it’s up to the players to police themselves right now.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    1) Yoda takes Jedi, so not all legendary events are opposites.
    That's a false argument. The Yoda legendary came before the pattern was established, so it stands out. Not sure if there was some official word on it, it's been quite some time, but my guess is that there was. Of course, they can change it, as they have been subverting several patterns lately with Chewie and Revan.

It’s only a false argument if it’s demonstrably untrue. The demonstrable fact is that Yoda takes jedi and that the only thing they’ve definitively said is that legendary characters will require a faction.

You can say you think it’ll be opposed factions, but saying it will definitely be is the false argument. It’s a guess at best.
  • Options
    Personally I'd make every toon, light and dark, that was in each film C3PO was in necessary to unlock and have it the longest **** event in swgoh history. But I really want a really narrative heavy events that covers a lot if the films and may be alone in that
  • Options

You offer no insight or anything meaningful that differentiates from the rest, asking the same people to repeat themselves when they have done so 3-4 times.

ok cool. Great way to start a discussion. I would've been interested if you shared your theories or something but nothing new here just a general question.

You can find answers to the question you are looking for in other threads which ask the same question you are asking, with pages of answers

Can’t you simply let the moderators worry about this and conduct necessary merges instead of playing neighborhood watch on these forums?

Nope. I’ve been a volunteer mod before on other fora. If you just merge threads then the people come to rely on that and figure they may as well make their own thread because someone else will handle merging it.
    Meanwhile, look at the front page and you’ll see at least three December Calendar threads—the mods aren’t modding right now. I’m not complaining, as I said, I’ve been a volunteer mod before and sometimes you’re just feeling off-duty.

Some wear dog tags, some dive into burning buildings, while a select few bravely put their lives on the line by selflessly commenting on threads and telling people that they shouldn’t have made that thread to begin with.

Imagine what a slight inconvenience it would be for the 3 or 4 people who spend their entire day refreshing the forum page to have to wade through 2, even 3 topics that are remotely similar cluttering their feed.

So on behalf of those 3 or 4 people, thank you for your service.
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    If he is a legendary, I see three possible teams to be used to unlock him.

1) Ewoks: He's the ewok god in RotJ. If they do his kit right, he might give them a major boost. Downside, I seriously doubt they would make ewoks the faction to unlock him. We've not seen this before in legendaries. It's almost always an opposing faction, or a directly related faction.

2) Droids: This to me seems to be the likeliest faction. C3po translates between droids and people. I can see this as a possible faction. Also, we've seen similar before with GMY needing Jedi to unlock.

3) Empire/Imperial Trooper: Empire already unlocks R2, I can see Imperial Tooper unlocking C3po. Kinda like a related faction deal going on here.
  • Options
    That's a false argument. The Yoda legendary came before the pattern was established, so it stands out. Not sure if there was some official word on it, it's been quite some time, but my guess is that there was. Of course, they can change it, as they have been subverting several patterns lately with Chewie and Revan.

You say a pattern has been established, as if they ever follow a single pattern for very long. Chewie didn’t follow the pattern for difficulty. Revan didn’t follow a pattern. They can do whatever the heck they want.
  • Options
    Has anyone considered that C-3PO might be marquee? It seems like everybody is convinced that he'll be Legendary, but that means CG is giving away a free character and they might not make as much money as they would with selling marquee packs for an iconic character.

Only if people already have all their ewoks ready. They could make it the difficulty of the Chewie event and whales will dump hundreds for carbantis, stun guns, and eyeballs to rush their ewoks to G11/12. Dolphins will deplete their crystal reserves (I have 22k saved for Darth Revan/Malak, for example), which means they will have to spend real money when the next hero's (fall?) happens. If you think CG didn't make money off of the Chewie event, you're kidding yourself.

Making it ewoks would serve the same purpose as making the bugs the best early fleet in ships 2.0 - it forces people to dump gear and/or money into an under-utilized faction.
  • Options
    Has anyone considered that C-3PO might be marquee? It seems like everybody is convinced that he'll be Legendary, but that means CG is giving away a free character and they might not make as much money as they would with selling marquee packs for an iconic character.

Only if people already have all their ewoks ready. They could make it the difficulty of the Chewie event and whales will dump hundreds for carbantis, stun guns, and eyeballs to rush their ewoks to G11/12. Dolphins will deplete their crystal reserves (I have 22k saved for Darth Revan/Malak, for example), which means they will have to spend real money when the next hero's (fall?) happens. If you think CG didn't make money off of the Chewie event, you're kidding yourself.

Making it ewoks would serve the same purpose as making the bugs the best early fleet in ships 2.0 - it forces people to dump gear and/or money into an under-utilized faction.

Sure CG will make money off of Ewoks if they are required for Threepio, but they would probably make more money if he was marquee. I don’t think it takes $300 to gear up a few Ewoks like it does to bring a marquee to seven stars.
  • Options
    Tier 1 Little Ani from Marquee day before. 7 star g8
    Tier 2 B2 and Separtists. 7 star g8
    Tier 3 Padme from Marquee 2 days before 7 star
    Tier 4 Jawa g12
    Tier 5 Ugnaught and Lando g12
    Tier 6 Ewoks g13
  • Options
    Iason00 wrote: »
    Tier 1 Little Ani from Marquee day before. 7 star g8
    Tier 2 B2 and Separtists. 7 star g8
    Tier 3 Padme from Marquee 2 days before 7 star
    Tier 4 Jawa g12
    Tier 5 Ugnaught and Lando g12
    Tier 6 Ewoks g13

You forgot to throw Lobot in Tier 5 too haha
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    C3PO is way too iconic to be a marquee
  • Options
    KLCS21 wrote: »
    I don’t question C3PO’s iconic status. But come on, 3PO never assisted anyone in battle. R2 mixes it up. He fought some battle droids. He stopped the trash compactor. He found Leia in the holding cell. He shot Luke his light saber and saved 3PO from being eaten by Jabba’s Pet thing. And Hermit Yoda trained Luke (sort of... don’t get me started on Yoda, he’s is far and away the worst Jedi Master ever.) but his assisting character is understandable. But C3PO never fought or assisted in anything. In fact almost everytime he said anything, someone told him to shut up.

Plus, astromechs are equipped with a variety of tools and gadgets such as electric pikes, fusion welders, buzzsaws, or rocket boosters that can be (and often have been) used as weapons.

We already have Hermit Yoda, a character with literally no weapons and no combat ability. The basis for 3PO is already in the game.
  • Options

It’s only a false argument if it’s demonstrably untrue. The demonstrable fact is that Yoda takes jedi and that the only thing they’ve definitively said is that legendary characters will require a faction.

You can say you think it’ll be opposed factions, but saying it will definitely be is the false argument. It’s a guess at best.

Cap has said he rather these events unlock with “opposing factions” but .....

You say a pattern has been established, as if they ever follow a single pattern for very long. Chewie didn’t follow the pattern for difficulty. Revan didn’t follow a pattern. They can do whatever the heck they want.

This.

Things change all the time and usually we know after the fact. Oops baze isn’t in a shipment anymore etc.

• Options
    okay, FO is not a bad team. im still averaging top 5 in the sea of revans. that is just plain ignorance, op.
  • Options
    As opposed to the iconic Leia Organa? Or Han Solo? Or Darth Vader? Or Obi Wan Kenobi? Or Stormtrooper?

Not everyone iconic is a legendary.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Farmboy Luke? Boba/Jango Fett? Anakin? The list goes on and on...
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    As opposed to the iconic Leia Organa? Or Han Solo? Or Darth Vader? Or Obi Wan Kenobi? Or Stormtrooper?

Not everyone iconic is a legendary.
    Han Solo, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan, and Leia as iconic as C3PO. I'd say the droid is more iconic than Obi-Wan. Keep in mind some of the toons you listed were available from the start of the game, so the concept of Legendary Toons / events was not established (Old Ben, Farmboy Luke, Princess Leia). Even then:

1. ROLO (Leia variant) was released using a unique one-of-a-kind release (Territory Battles) at the tim
    2. Han Solo and General Kenobi are still premium toons that are very hard to acquire (Raids)
    3. Darth Vader was the apex of premium. Only available via achievements and Galactic War drops. I believe the reason they decided to release him in fleet shipments was because at the time some people hacked the game to acquire him to 7 stars (controversial situation in the game) and he was being more and more available by the people so they added him to fleet shipments.

Stormtrooper is a grunt and being an easy farm makes sense. Raid Han is the iconic version of Han Solo, btw. Princess Leia would be Leia's (can be argued with Endor Leia), and definitely a missed opportunity. I guarantee that if the game didn't have Princess Leia yet, she wouldn't be marquee

Resistance Leia is not iconic enough and I wouldn't be surprised if she's marquee
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Ewok faction is missing Flitchee.

40077172230_ea89dcb11e_o.jpg

:D:D
  • Options
    As it has been somewhat confirmed that c3p0 is inbound what does everyone want to guess as to what he'll be like movepool wise? I bet mostly a support based toon with synergy with either droids, ewoks or rebels or all 3 kinda like r2. Not ranting or venting but just curious as he never did do any attacking in the movies unless you count in episode 2 when he got his head accidently attached to a battle droid body on genonosis. Tell me what you all think
  • Options
    I'm indifferent to the Ewoks. I neither love nor hate on em. That said, i figured months ago we'd need either them or the Jawas for C3 and now i have all of both factions at 7*, save Wicket who is 6* and 40 away.

Sure he's slowing down my OR farming but i only have T3 left, at 6*, and i figure Revan wont be back til Jan/Feb anyway
  • Options
    I’ve always thought he could have a kit similar to Hermit Yoda, but instead of healing he would give buffs and debuffs. It could be called “The Odds Of...”

He could specifically call R2 for assists as well, or specifically buff R2, in a similar vein as Poe & Finn, Chewie and Han, or Big Z and Mission.
  • Options

Some wear dog tags, some dive into burning buildings, while a select few bravely put their lives on the line by selflessly commenting on threads and telling people that they shouldn’t have made that thread to begin with.

Imagine what a slight inconvenience it would be for the 3 or 4 people who spend their entire day refreshing the forum page to have to wade through 2, even 3 topics that are remotely similar cluttering their feed.

So on behalf of those 3 or 4 people, thank you for your service.
    I'd just like to point out that you have no idea who I am :) I share probably more details about myself around here than I should, and I know I've said what I do for a living and where it is, but you don't know me :) So by all means condescend, I don't care because I have a well-rounded life with a variety of interests and if checking the forum on a Sunday morning, during my lunch while doing a day of overtime, and while cooking dinner means I'm relentlessly refreshing all hours of the day and that makes you happy to think that, then knock yourself out, kiddo!
    Ewok faction is missing Flitchee.

40077172230_ea89dcb11e_o.jpg

:D:D
    And Nanta! Who might--MIGHT--have survived.
  • Options
    And Peekpa!
    Still not a he.
  • DarthEagames
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    10 films... including Clone wars animated movie

11 films...counting the christmas special................
  • Options
    13 films, you’re forgetting Caravan of Courage and The Battle of Endor. A chance for even more Ewoks!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Yes, that's literally what I said in the second part of my comment.
  • Hoood
    25 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hey guys, i was thinking about the possibilities of how they might release C3PO to us, and the idea that i personally like the most and which i would like to discuss here is him being a reward for new TB - Battle for Endor. I am not really buying that we will need Ewoks or Jawas for Legendary type of event. The whole idea of building Legendary event based on either of those "factions" sounds ridiculous to me. Now what we could get is new TB, a favourite game mod which became a bit stale with not too many changes since its release. Not to mention a new map has been expected for quite some time. Ewoks could be used for the Special Mission that would reward C3PO shards, which would explain the login reward

I know CG needs to somehow monetize this hero to gain profits from it, and how would they monetize it if they just release it as TB reward? Well to be honest i dont know, but i am not seeing how they could profit fromm C3PO being Legendary hero simply based off on Ewok factions as many old players allraedy have those at 7*

Thoughts?
  • Options
    Based on the head-switch pic, might it be clones or droids (have all the Ewoks at 7* and gear is horded, but won’t drop till I lose in the event).
  • Options
    C3PO not enough you say? Murder bear gliders I say!