Nest bug fix, refund zeta please [MERGE]

Replies

  • TVF
    17944 posts Member
    As I said in another thread just now, it's not a bug until a whale complains.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This is an absolute disgrace. I spend all this time starring and gearing nest for them to stick two fingers up to us, and give a nice nod to those who whales out on Revan. It isn't difficult to wait for nest to take a turn and hit, so why the need to change this. You can't hide behind the 'it wasn't what we intended'. It wasn't what I intended to be laughed at for all my hard work, but I have been. What compensation are we going to be offered? This isn't an infinite loop, it bonus protection.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    .
    Post edited by 3pourr2 on
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Aka_mannah wrote: »
    Way to contradict yourself pal...
    Was WAI, but now not because of reasons...
    Logic evades you my friend

    No I’m pointing out that it’s only been an issue since Revan, rather than ‘never WAI’ as you stated in your OP

    Get off your high horse
  • I want my Maul zeta back. The only reason I put it on him was for the Revan counter.
    Before Revan, Nest was WAI.
    Now it's been a bug and we have to encourage more people to whale, because we've got their back.
  • UdalCuain
    3037 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Cant wait to see how it functions in galactic bounties. If it ever comes back.

    Do any bounty hunters reduce max health? If they don't it will be no different.
  • @EA WTH is wrong with you guys. Nest was basically the only thing keeping arena somewhat bearable if a player didn’t play ya’lls game of pay to win and whale out on Revan. This is beyond stupid even with nest before ya’ll nerfed her to hell it was still 50/50 on beating Revan and if you did one thing wrong you would loose. Hopefully your 1st half profit is in the pits next year and you will stop screwing over people with no warning.
  • Vertigo
    4438 posts Member
    Boov wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    They never intended Nest to be a counter to Revan. Because they never intended anything to be able to counter Revan. Because money. Got it.

    I guess it just took a while for the whale complaints to make it up to the high command.

    Nah, they always adress bugs super fast. Anyone remember teebo bug in the rancor? lmao

    Fixed so fast no one even had time to complain about it.
  • Gotta love all the back seat developers in this thread; don't know squat about development and bug fix cycles, but think they have a good grasp on the release cadence of bug fixes.
  • I put a zeta on Nest based on what i experienced in the game. Since that experience was not the way it was intended i wish you refund the zeta

    Thanks
  • Did her zeta get nerfed? Or are you just complaining because you zeta'd her based on what you've experienced when fighting against her, and that she doesn't seem as OP when you use her?
  • The Zeta has nothing to do with bonus protection. It adds the ability to ignore taunt. This is nothing like the change to Zombie and Daka.
  • TVF
    17944 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't have the zeta so I'm not complaining. But the point is if you take a viable counter to Revan and make it non-viable, people who worked on the toon (gear, stars, abilities) are gonna feel ripped off for putting the work into the toon in order to use it as a counter.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thank you Well explained
  • it’s funny how these threads get moved to god knows where, but i agree with the OP, garbage tactic; but then again a Revan will get nerfed in a couple releases when the whales are done playing with him and the next content is out
  • Is Nest useless now after her nerf?
    Did she become garbage or she can still be useful ?
  • Ultra
    4472 posts Member
    No she’s still one of the best toons in the game and she works like she always did
  • It really only affects Nest against Revan.
  • ...be careful what you pay for, not even death is for free, it costs your life...
    B)
  • “Only?” This was how you counteracted a Revan team. This is a huge deal in Arena, and it seems the “this is not what we intended” is really “oh crud, our Revan p2p players are getting upset”
  • Ultra
    4472 posts Member
    Dave12 wrote: »
    “Only?” This was how you counteracted a Revan team. This is a huge deal in Arena, and it seems the “this is not what we intended” is really “oh crud, our Revan p2p players are getting upset”
    No

    If you read what the bug fix was about you would know that the only way Nest users were beating Revan was by exploiting a bug
  • TVF
    17944 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Dave12 wrote: »
    “Only?” This was how you counteracted a Revan team. This is a huge deal in Arena, and it seems the “this is not what we intended” is really “oh crud, our Revan p2p players are getting upset”
    No

    If you read what the bug fix was about you would know that the only way Nest users were beating Revan was by exploiting a bug

    A bug that's been obvious for a long time, that they never did anything about, and now just bothered to get around to it (likely because whales complained). Oh and they didn't bother to mention it in the update either, which has a section devoted to bug fixes by the way.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Dave12 wrote: »
    “Only?” This was how you counteracted a Revan team. This is a huge deal in Arena, and it seems the “this is not what we intended” is really “oh crud, our Revan p2p players are getting upset”
    No

    If you read what the bug fix was about you would know that the only way Nest users were beating Revan was by exploiting a bug

    They weren't exploiting a bug. That's how she worked out the gate. They came in later after everyone built her up to counter Revan and said oops our bad, but you'll still take the lose. It's becoming a recurring theme that can only be chalked up to ineptitude.

    I think it being a bug is undeniable. However the issue then becomes is it our fault for not catching their mistake? I'd say it's not, and I think it's fair to be upset. Players assumed the product they got was working as it should, and invested accordingly. And I'm not a Nest user, btw.
  • So can I fill a fractured nest now?
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Dave12 wrote: »
    “Only?” This was how you counteracted a Revan team. This is a huge deal in Arena, and it seems the “this is not what we intended” is really “oh crud, our Revan p2p players are getting upset”
    No

    If you read what the bug fix was about you would know that the only way Nest users were beating Revan was by exploiting a bug

    A bug that's been obvious for a long time, that they never did anything about, and now just bothered to get around to it (likely because whales complained). Oh and they didn't bother to mention it in the update either, which has a section devoted to bug fixes by the way.

    I don't know a single whale (or other player with Revan) who has complained about Nest. My GMY under Revan lead typically one-shots a Nest. Dead Nest = no bonus protection.

    Every change to this game is not a conspiracy. They didn't mention it in the update, but SBCrumb did a separate Dev Announcement post to declare this as an intentional bug fix.
  • Ultra
    4472 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Dave12 wrote: »
    “Only?” This was how you counteracted a Revan team. This is a huge deal in Arena, and it seems the “this is not what we intended” is really “oh crud, our Revan p2p players are getting upset”
    No

    If you read what the bug fix was about you would know that the only way Nest users were beating Revan was by exploiting a bug

    They weren't exploiting a bug. That's how she worked out the gate. They came in later after everyone built her up to counter Revan and said oops our bad, but you'll still take the lose. It's becoming a recurring theme that can only be chalked up to ineptitude.
    The problem is that she wasn't working correctly out of the gate. Protection up is always based on max health but the game was incorrectly using the max health at the start of the battle rather than the current max health at the time of protection up being applied.

    No other toon reduced max health other than Jango Fett who is hardly used against Nest so it went unnoticed.
  • OldBen
    55 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Ultra wrote: »
    Dave12 wrote: »
    “Only?” This was how you counteracted a Revan team. This is a huge deal in Arena, and it seems the “this is not what we intended” is really “oh crud, our Revan p2p players are getting upset”
    No

    If you read what the bug fix was about you would know that the only way Nest users were beating Revan was by exploiting a bug

    Fake News.

    Us „Nest Users“ were not exploiting anything. We used a characters mechanic that has been there for almost 6 Month . This clearly aint no bug. So do not call it a bug. Dear Devs: Just be honest. You
    made a mistake programing her the way she was cause you were not smart enough to forsee what she could do to upcoming meta toons. So now you nerf her. It‘s not a problem. Just give us „Nest Users“ all the Gear and Zetas back that we invested in her and the teams around her. Because we knew how the Character you designed was working. Based on that knowledge we were building our Revan Counterteams that are useless now. And to everybody that says this is not a big deal: you are wrong. For me and many others it is a big deal. Please take this serious.
    Post edited by OldBen on
Sign In or Register to comment.