Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• My opponent and I have a very similar GP, so matchmaking works properly for me.
  • ah poor matchmaking so i am not even going to try. ill put in a lvl 1 cup for the opponent because ea/cg cant design something that actually works.

theres over 100k gp difference and the guy has more g12s and revan where i dont have revan.

really fair matchup to start. why didnt they design a event that people actually wanted that would work for people instead of this bad system.

100k difference isn't that much
  • Raymundo2387
    138 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    **** - I've been paired with a 1.99mil gp (I'm 2.1mil gp). He has 16 g12's and 27 zetas!
    I have 6 g12 and 11 zeta's.

Great matchmaking again CG
  • 100k is nothing tbh, if I'm matched with the guy I searched, then is 2m gp difference.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • My opponent is 400k better than me and has maxed Revan and Traya not even going to try. Once again devs ruin good game mode because of bad matchmaking
  • i hope they get rid of grand arena like they did with the original tournaments. this just ruins the fun of the game imo. tw, ship arena, and regular arena is enough. this grand arena is just a bad idea

the developers could have been working on cool things like grevious rework and other things the players were looking for but we got this washed up idea that now that starting to see the matchups they will just waste more time trying to fix things instead of designing stuff the players actually want.

like new tw environments

i hope someone with a brain at ea/cg is looking at this and realizes how bad this is.
  • ah poor matchmaking so i am not even going to try. ill put in a lvl 1 cup for the opponent because ea/cg cant design something that actually works.

theres over 100k gp difference and the guy has more g12s and revan where i dont have revan.

really fair matchup to start. why didnt they design a event that people actually wanted that would work for people instead of this bad system.

100k difference isn't that much

gp doesnt mean much when there are revan vs no revan and the amount of g12s and mods the opponent has are so mismatched that i know before i even fight that this is a complete waste of time just like the old tournament system. something that very few people will enjoy and is going to cause more people to quit or go casual
  • It's a bit negative that we can't place the order of the squads that we set on defence. In TW we set the order of which they need to be faced but here the game sets the order. How it that testing our strategic play? Downer!

Thats not how TW works. You can pick which team to fight....

You can pick within the territory but you cant attack the territory behind the available one. It's the order of the defences you set that deplete your opponent's resources and the tactical placements that separate the winners from the losers. So please, have a little think before you inflict your next brilliant insight on the world.
  • Elyk
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Im curious as to what will happen if I wipe my opponent's squads out in one go, and he/she mine. For all intensive purposes do we both win? And get a win on our overall record? Im guessing thats how it works. Also wish we could just visibly see our opponent's GP without using a 3rd party site, or we can and Im just an dumb monkey hitting a feed me button. :/

Well at least you gave it the old college try before giving up. My GP was off by 19k, I should probably throw in the towel too? Ah, what the hey, maybe I can still win and I will spend all of 4 minutes setting a defense and 10 minutes attempting on offense tomorrow.

He can only put Revan on offense or defense (if this is like TW), so run the table on the other with your strategy. Either go all in on defense and hope he had Revan on D as well and best his other squads or put up a weak defense and and assume he has Revan on offense and win by larger margins on offense. Or somethign else completely.

Literally 50% of the participating players are going to lose, so of course there are going to be gripes, but you can collect your second place prizes for a job not well done and move on. Or just ignore it altogether after today.
  • Elyk wrote: »
    Im curious as to what will happen if I wipe my opponent's squads out in one go, and he/she mine. For all intensive purposes do we both win? And get a win on our overall record? Im guessing thats how it works. Also wish we could just visibly see our opponent's GP without using a 3rd party site, or we can and Im just an dumb monkey hitting a feed me button. :/

Since they reward full protection and full health in addition to squad wins, I'm sure there will be ties, but not as many as you would think. 1 hit to certain squads that can't recover protection and you've gotten a small scoring advantage.
  • 100k is nothing tbh, if I'm matched with the guy I searched, then is 2m gp difference.

Just look in game, that takes all the guesswork out of it. And in my guild everyone is reporting close GP matches, some will be harder than others though.
  • i hope they get rid of grand arena like they did with the original tournaments. this just ruins the fun of the game imo. tw, ship arena, and regular arena is enough. this grand arena is just a bad idea

the developers could have been working on cool things like grevious rework and other things the players were looking for but we got this washed up idea that now that starting to see the matchups they will just waste more time trying to fix things instead of designing stuff the players actually want.

like new tw environments

i hope someone with a brain at ea/cg is looking at this and realizes how bad this is.

You gleaned all this before you even played it once.

I'll state right now, I'm kind of excited about this new feature. Yes, before I even play it.

Since they reward full protection and full health in addition to squad wins, I'm sure there will be ties, but not as many as you would think. 1 hit to certain squads that can't recover protection and you've gotten a small scoring advantage.

Ah, I missed that full protection/full health bit. Thanks!!
  • You can click on rewards and click the opponent and see thier characters.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I feel so sorry for the guy I was matched up with.

Like, he doesn't even own a G12? Like... This will be such a walkover of him.

So the matchmaking is actually terrible, lol.

So what, he goes to event rewards, clicks on me and seeing a top 50 squad arena rank and a top 10 ship rank.......

compared to his 1600 arena rank and 200 ship rank? xD

Oh well, I'll take the win!
  • How can you release a new game mode, and not give us rules, structure, or at the very least how the hell to play? No game play footage? Nothing.... shameful.

Go on the GA table, enter, click on rewards and then you can click on his name. You don't have to search, you can take a peek.

Regarding match making:
    My opponent has about 200k more GP than me. He has no Revan, no Traya and is running a lackluster modded EP arena team.
    I could just put my Revan into one territory and he could throw all his toons at him without even making a dent into my Arena squad ... More rewards for me, but where is the fun for him?
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    You can click on rewards and click the opponent and see thier characters.

Im dumb and youre my new favorite forumer. :)
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Elyk wrote: »

You can see them in game by simply going to event rewards and tapping on their name in the list on the right. :)
  • Ummm... How/where to assign ships?
  • Now that I know how to look, (thanks guys!) they did scary good matching my opponent, both at 1.7mil and some change with a whopping 11 GP differential.
  • Ummm... How/where to assign ships?

I'm thinking the trial run, is just characters. Maybe ships in the real version?
  • I don't know if this has been asked/answered but in the new quests it says "win x amount of battles with GK on offense in an undersized party" does this mean anything under 5? @CG_SBCrumb
  • I am
    Boycotting this part of the game .. yes same gp, but this guy has been at rank 1 for months and has about 100 more toons at gear 12 than I .. it’s a great match up ... lovely .. good job people .. let’s put a one year old in the ring with mike Tyson
    Now that I know how to look, (thanks guys!) they did scary good matching my opponent, both at 1.7mil and some change with a whopping 11 GP differential.

GP says nothing ...
    My opponent can't even make a scratch in my Revan (whom I put on defense). What's the point in that?
  • Ty all for the shoutout. For me matchmaking is ok.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    You gleaned all this before you even played it once.

I'll state right now, I'm kind of excited about this new feature. Yes, before I even play it.

this is just a single player version of tw. i dont see where the excitement comes from unless you got matched up against a team you can easily dominate. i am huge star wars fan so this isnt the end of the day and wont cause me to quit the game but just sucks that i will not even be setting a defensive team because ea/cg designed a flawed system. i couldnt do this in my guild and not set a defense because i would get booted and it would be unfair to my guildmates.

but the way i look at it this will turnout just like tournaments. alot of us wont even play it and just going to look at it as a failure every time they bring the event out.
  • I have been scrolling and can't see it answered, probably missing it.

This is different from TW right?

It looks like all X number of teams set on defense can be seen and attacked, so there's no real "wall" method of wearing someone down with one comp before they run into another?
  • I was paired to guy with 10 more g12 toons, 9 more zetas, he has revan and i dont... his mods are much better than mine... well yes we have similar gp but it's clear right now that i will have hard time ...i heard similar feedback in guild..people got much easier opponents...so matchmaking needs to be updated to consider more details.