ORIGINAL THREADCG_SBCrumb wrote: »With the positive feedback we heard from the community following the limited-time character bonuses we added to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Clone Wars, as well as the recent addition of the Grand Arena events, we’re going to continue to shake things up in Territory Wars as we move into the future.
When Territory Wars was introduced, it was the first opportunity players had to test their full rosters against other players. Now that the Grand Arena events are running, we believe this will be a much better fit for challenging players who have a similar collection. This will be the arena for purely competitive play.
That frees us up to take Territory Wars in a more playful and fun direction. It also gives us as developers a ton more options to keep this mode fresh and interesting. We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!
Here’s how it will work:
- The community will vote to keep 6 out of 10 groups of 4 characters that you want to see available during for next Territory War. Any groups NOT chosen will be unavailable for this Territory Wars
- While the community votes, the Dev team will hold their own poll and pick 1 out of 4 groups of characters to keep as well (For this Territory War, we’re publishing the groups that we’ll choose from ahead of time. See our potential picks in the Dev Poll Options below)
- Finally, we will post the Community’s top picks and our picks prior to the start of the event to give you time to strategize
- Any unlisted character (i.e., not in any group) will automatically be available for use
- The poll will be open until Jan 7th
- Results of both the Community and internal Dev poll will be posted on Jan 9th
- Ships will be available even if their pilot is banned
We’d love to hear your feedback and ideas around Territory Wars - Community Style but also don’t forget to vote for January below!
THIS POLL IS FOR THE NEXT Territory Wars (1/13/2018). Click below and get picking!
January Community Poll Options:
Choose 6 groups out of the 10
January Dev Poll Options:
We will vote internally on which 1 out of 4 groups below to keep! Who do you think we will choose?
- GROUP 1: Han Solo, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum), Enfys Nest, First Order Stormtrooper
- GROUP 2: Ezra Bridger, Count Dooku, Sith Trooper, Kylo Ren
- GROUP 3: Boba Fett, Hermit Yoda, Snowtrooper, First Order Executioner
- GROUP 4: Bastila Shan, Wampa, Resistance Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot
Still, drop #2 is I think the most likely scenario, even if only a bit more likely than drop #3.
If a character is in one of the groups, then they may or may not be available, depending on the vote.
BUT you don't get to vote toon by toon. You vote for a group of 4. So if you hate NS Zombie, you have to vote to get rid of Jolee Bindo as well.
You're basically voting to kick annoying toons off of the TW island for a single TW. The next TW they'll have different inclusions & exclusions.
In other words, you can no longer count on having your full roster.
It sounds like they mean that too so that aren't picked aren't going to be able to be used. I assume(hope) that your idea is right though.
I agree. Tw is a lot more fun than GA
And now you will ruin it
Thanks, very helpful.
It is an option you have when you create de survey
This so much this. If you got positive feed back on bonuses.....give us new bonuses. This is a joke.
Maybe. They're just trying to keep things interesting. Apparently they received positive feedback from the bonuses in November, though personally I wasn't a fan. I'll give this a shot before judging it, the same as everything else.
Character bonus and character ban is totally different things
Make GA your playground and leave TW alone.
Because I realised how bad of an idea this is.
1) CG has so much free time that an already enjoyable game mode needed updating?
2) The matchmaking system update is going poorly, and there needed to be a way to accommodate those with fluffy rosters?
3) To get ready for possible mythic/arcade raids where certain characters may need to be used/others not available; for practice?
This is very disappointing....
Seriously? Do you guys even play this game? This is really a slap in the face to a lot of the community. Instead of eliminating characters we can use, just keep rotating different bonuses among characters in factions etc.
I have never heard of anything, let alone a game, eliminating something vital to the outcome before.. “hey you are going to race a car, but we’re gonna let the community vote on whether you keep or illuminate your wheels, engine, windshield, gasoline etc.“ Just dumb IMHO.