Is new C3P0/Chewie event difficulty good for the player base?

Replies

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Don't worry the RNG brigade will be along shortly to tell you that you're wrong, it's not the team or the mods or the strat, it's that CG hates us.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I like the difficulty personally. Makes you feel like you have really earned it.
  • Options
    Has a start date player the difficulty is fine. After all this time I've long given up with any 'image' of my roster - it's been clear for a while that to play this game on the edge of end-game you kind of need it all. It's just the way it is. And I'm here for that.

I also see these two events as kind of GA/TW stepping stones - BH has been great for me in both - and Ewoks are my new de facto defense squad for all events. Chewie has been totally worth it. And I really haven't given C3PO a chance yet, he hasn't impressed me in Arena on Def, but I'm glad to have him and will zeta shortly.

For me - these events absorbed some loose resources and took up farming time for a while - just to polish the team. For new players - yeah, it's a decision, Chewi'e kind of amazing, and if you want him, you'll have to work up that BH team. It's a goal.

In some ways I'm almost sad - I've gotten all the recent toons (just waiting on Revann's u-turn back to us) but I don't have anything definite to work towards. Back to the mists and guessing whats next (gambling on the YOLO toons, actually, but they are used in the smugglers event, so, might be a bad choice)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Clearly you don't remember when gmy was released.... haha darn near impossible....
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Have any of the "7*, g12 BH squads" that just can't seem to do it posted their mods and stats yet? Maybe soon?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    No...it’s actively removed some of my enjoyment from the game....which is a real shame as this game has been my fav for a long time now...it’s a shame CG goes all in this direction, removing strat and going all rng
  • Options
    k0zso35fa31s.jpeg
    No it is no good at all, because it is no fun and not entertaining and this is a GAME.

Whoever said 80-85k team is all you need is flat out wrong. I have easily ran it 500 times and can not beat t7. Half my team is dead before the rebels first turn is over. I have yet to trigger contracts, not even once.

I’ve made numerous mod switches, even used the ones the game says are “best” for each hunter. No luck at all. At best I can take one of them down. If I get a turn that is. Plain and simple you need Dengar from what I see, so you should have made Dengar a requirement so people wouldn’t have wasted time farming someone else.

Now I know you “Dev Suckups” are gonna flame away, so have at it. You’re the same as the old men who compliment the attention seeking LML teeny boppers on social media and think you’re gonna get something back. Lol. I don’t pay attention to them nor will I you. Pucker up and have fun with this, but hands down this event is absolutely terrible and r moves any aspect of fun that their should be.
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    G8 years ago was still much easier to reach than G11 now. You had maximum 100 carbs per toons, and no gold balls :/.

I disagree to an extent. When g8 was the few we had much fewer sources of gear than we do now. I think gearing to g11 is equivalent to gearing to g8 was a couple of years ago.

It also seems they are opening the flood gates at least some on eyeballs and stunguns. They are still the gear I need most but I seem to be getting them quite a bit faster than before.

So with ga adding another source of gear, I doubt the gearing to g10 or g11 will be that much of an issue going forward.

We could do it data driven: look at Rebels before Wiggs and count the number of carbantis before G9. I am fairly sure it is around near 0.

At the time what you need is tons of mk5 furnances....
  • Options
    Problem is that the events were not just difficult ... they had a huge RNG element. Had they just been about getting a team of G12 toons with a few zetas and decent mods, and then you would win, then I'm all for it.
    That's fine. You have something to farm towards and a way to reach a goal.

But the RNG element made it possible for some to unlock with G8-10 toons, when some with G11-12 toons couldn't. And that's just poison for the game.

The requirements to complete an event has to be somewhat equal across the board, and not just a matter of who has the time to spend hundreds of attempts with undergeared toons and get through on pure luck.
  • AlFuego
    39 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    c6zyadjgxavv.jpeg
    Here’s a typical outing with that team I posted. Ima say around attempt number 600. Get it together EA and CG, It’s too hard guys, you already knew this after the first go round of this event. Maybe take the overwhelming majority of players into consideration. Plus the flickering blue haze is very annoying, it gives me a headache after my daily 100 runs at the event.

I would be curious if we could see some data, like total number of 7 star chewies earned vs total number of t7 attempts from the player base. Maybe look into that and you can find out if the event is too hard by simple statistics.
    Post edited by AlFuego on
  • Darth_Badger
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Using Dengar instead of IG88 would make it much easier. He can prevent R2 from stealthing the whole team.

Also looking on swgoh.gg you've only got 9 extra speed from mods on IG-88, 13 on Cad Bane and 43 on Greedo. Are these the mods you were using for the event or did you swap in your arena mods?
    Post edited by Darth_Badger on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    AlFuego wrote: »
    c6zyadjgxavv.jpeg
    Here’s a typical outing with that team I posted. Ima say around attempt number 600. Get it together EA and CG, It’s too hard guys, you already knew this after the first go round of this event. Maybe take the overwhelming majority of players into consideration. Plus the flickering blue haze is very annoying, it gives me a headache after my daily 100 runs at the event.

I would be curious if we could see some data, like total number of 7 star chewies earned vs total number of t7 attempts from the player base. Maybe look into that and you can find out if the event is too hard by simple statistics.
    Using Dengar instead of IG88 would make it much easier. He can prevent R2 from stealthing the whole team.

Also looking on swgoh.gg you've only got 9 extra speed from mods on IG-88, 13 on Cad Bane and 43 on Greedo. Are these the mods you were using for the event or did you swap in your arena mods?

This, and the mod question... it's a difficult event, your going to need some decent mods.

Also, you know you shouldnt AOE right?
  • Troyo
    63 posts Member
    Options
    AlFuego wrote: »
    c6zyadjgxavv.jpeg

I'm sure you won't like this response but I'm giving it to try and help. You have 3 of the squishiest BHs going up against massive damage dealing Rebels with preloaded TM. You need to change your team. Not just for this event but for any mode in the game. Dengar is one of the most important if not the most important character for this event. It can be done without him but it's A LOT harder. Also if you only took 2shots before they all attacked again I assume you are lacking speed. Can you post your Stats that show speed?
  • Options
    Ever notice how the people who think this is all RNG and terrible and hard are all using IG-88?

I wonder what’s up with that.......?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    And even then you can do it! I did it with zBossk G12 Boba G12 Greedo G11 Dengar G11 IG88 G11.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I can confirm that it's doable without Dengar but you're going to have to compensate with better gear and mods. Did it with:

G12 zBossk
    G12 Boba
    G12 Cad
    G12 IG-88
    G9 Greedo

6 dot mods on all on G12 hunters. Bossk was around 296 speed. It took about 5 attempts to get R2 to not stealth and then I won with all 5 standing.
  • Options
    Well if you look at all the previous events when they came out they were all basically impossible to farm for as a completely f2p player and required some input from your wallet. The latest revan event was the same and that only needed g8 or 9 but again you had to pay a bucket load just to get the chars.

My bet is they made this accessible char wise but also needed a way to make some dollar off it so they made it so chars require higher gear levels and hoped people would need to spend crystals on gear and so on.
  • AlFuego
    39 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My point exactly, Dengar should be listed as a specific requirement. Those mods shown are the game suggested mods. I have applied my arena team mods, and numerous others, wasted tons of credits on what the game suggests as best mods for those characters and they are BUNK. Sure I got the wrong hunters, again, I get that. I don’t have dengar, but the event doesn’t say you must have him specifically, but it should because according to ahnald, CFH, and mobile gamer you have to have dengar. I wasted my time on IG88 after the first run.
  • Options
    Btw, I’m not 100% f2p, I dropped dough in that bossk and those game suggested mods, but not dengar. I’m a 1974 born child and he’s the crumiest of bounty hunters so I had no desire to acquire him. Had I known he was the key factor to winning, I would have. The event is broken, plain and simple. I have now attempted over 1000 times and since the last post geared those 10s to 11. It made no difference what so ever. Everyone has omegas and I’m about to put a zeta on greedy. Sorry, but it is broken guys. It’s not FUN at all and makes me want to stop playing the game and for sure ever giving you money again.
  • Options
  • Options
    But then again, ea already destroyed Medal of Honor and crysis, why not this too... I get it. It’s in the MO
  • Options
    They were both at one point beautiful games.
  • Options
    n6jv32ac65hc.jpeg
    Here are the mods. I had speed higher with my arena mods, and not the game suggested mods, but it didn’t matter, half the team was still dead out of the gates. Point in fact. Make dengar a specific requirement.
  • Options
    Nic, you should actually read my post instead of flaming and you might understand what I’m assaying about IG88
  • Options
    Kyno, it’s very clear from my English I didn’t AOE
  • Options
    Darth badger, yeah I said that already, make dengar a specific requirement.
  • Options
    Triyo, thanks for actually reading what I said. Your feedback is way more positive and productive than anyone else’s.
  • Options
    Freydwen, I would like to see proof of that all 5 still standing.
  • Options
    Josh, sorry, your assumptions are wrong, I’ve opened my wallet plenty. I just didn’t get dengar cause I didn’t realize the worst bounty hunter in the star wars galaxy was so important so I dumped my money into bossk and crystals for suggested mods.