Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Okay who been smoking the weed and come up with this ?

I vote leave it alone and just change the toons that get bonuses.

Thats what worked last time
  • Options
    External question voiced here...

Is this idea an alternative to rebalancing certain heroes?
  • Options
    @TVF

Super honest question here: Is there at least one thing that CG has done that you didn’t like?
    I like your consistency, though I disagree with supporting this idea.

• Options
    So after TW riot from players what now CG? i would recommend just cancel all changes, because 95 percent of players dont like it... just cancel it and we will forget that this even happened...
  • Options
    Have you done a poll?

Considering the player base has rioted over almost everything CG's done, if reddit and the forums lighting up was reason to cancel anything, nothing would ever happen in this game.

Just give it a bloody chance.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Infidelius wrote: »
    @TVF

Super honest question here: Is there at least one thing that CG has done that you didn’t like?

Thanks, I think.

Biggest complaint is lack of communication. I loathe the fact that we have to get information third-hand from someone else bringing it here from reddit, which makes zero sense. I don't like how there was a brief spurt of communication (maybe due to Marvel Strike Force?) and now lately it's back to same old same old. I don't like how they "fixed" Nest and didn't bother to tell us until people noticed. I don't like how the calendar is later and later, and less and less useful. I don't like that the weekly shipment started off great and rapidly went to meh to ugh to garbage. I don't like that there's no squad setup unless you enter a separate game mode. I don't like that there's no direct switch between toons for mods. I don't like that the TW/TB cadence has been upended (although I'm gong to wait and see for now) and I'll really dislike it if GA just replaces two TW per month instead of being added to the old schedule.

Off the top of my head.

EDIT: I will be very mad if they touch Finn or C3PO outside of the sith raid. Also I don't like how my game refuses to post my solo tank runs or even my P1 sith raid run if I use C3PO.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Dumb idea no need to say any more
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Spidee wrote: »
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Hey folks, let's please not accost people or accuse them of "trolling" if they disagree with you on something. I get there are folks here unhappy with this idea but folks who may not be more positive on it aren't "shills" or just trying to troll. :smile:

Says the guy from EA

This^ Surely they notice that the "There are folks here unhappy" also entails the many folks on Reddit who are unhappy, and the fact that the vast majority of forums goers here are unhappy, not just "some" of us.

Here you have Crumb posting many many times in a pointless obvious (waste of time) puzzle clue thread because its "positive" there while mostly ignoring nearly 50 pages. I wonder if he's actually even read any of the complaints here, considering his 2nd comment here is "this was a "fun" idea".

I feel like they have not informed people in game of this because they almost want it to be a surprise to them, a surprise that their entire guild can suddenly not participate in TW after waiting over a month for its return. A surprise so they can't come here and quadruple the amount of posts overnight about how much more of a bad idea this is.
  • Options
    So after TW riot from players what now CG? i would recommend just cancel all changes, because 95 percent of players dont like it... just cancel it and we will forget that this even happened...

What happens now is they ignore these posts and throw us something shiny:

“Oh we are off and can’t respond to this thread at all...but I can spend the day talking about this new puzzle!”
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

“Oh we are off and can’t respond to this thread at all...but I can spend the day talking about this new puzzle!”
    Hey, they did say they're going to respond more in-depth on Monday. They're still on vacation. They probably already had the puzzle worked out before vacation. I see nothing wrong here, and this is from someone as outraged about TW bans as you are.
  • Options
    Comet19 wrote: »

Hey, they did say they're going to respond more in-depth on Monday. They're still on vacation. They probably already had the puzzle worked out before vacation. I see nothing wrong here, and this is from someone as outraged about TW bans as you are.

They will give a well crafted non answer, and push this through. If, err when it fails they will internally blame us (players). And life will go on as usual. They MIGHT give us an olive branch and the rewards will be the same win or lose.
  • Options

They will give a well crafted non answer, and push this through. If, err when it fails they will internally blame us (players). And life will go on as usual. They MIGHT give us an olive branch and the rewards will be the same win or lose.

True. Guess I'm trying to stay optimistic they'll reverse the decision.
  • Options
    Who is leaving positive feedback on grand arena? It’s the worst part of the game. The pay outs are pointless for the extremely long amount of time. It’s not even worth playing for something I can farm in 30 seconds. Then it keeps changing and getting worse and worse. Trash the bad idea and move along
  • Options

TVF wrote: »
    Infidelius wrote: »
    @TVF

Thanks, I think.

Biggest complaint is lack of communication. I loathe the fact that we have to get information third-hand from someone else bringing it here from reddit, which makes zero sense. I don't like how there was a brief spurt of communication (maybe due to Marvel Strike Force?) and now lately it's back to same old same old. I don't like how they "fixed" Nest and didn't bother to tell us until people noticed. I don't like how the calendar is later and later, and less and less useful. I don't like that the weekly shipment started off great and rapidly went to meh to ugh to garbage. I don't like that there's no squad setup unless you enter a separate game mode. I don't like that there's no direct switch between toons for mods. I don't like that the TW/TB cadence has been upended (although I'm gong to wait and see for now) and I'll really dislike it if GA just replaces two TW per month instead of being added to the old schedule.

Off the top of my head.

EDIT: I will be very mad if they touch Finn or C3PO outside of the sith raid. Also I don't like how my game refuses to post my solo tank runs or even my P1 sith raid run if I use C3PO.

Ok, fair enough . i can agree with all the same. I would be willing to accept this new temp tw if they answered us and stopped cherrypicking what to answer

Thanks
  • Options

True. Guess I'm trying to stay optimistic they'll reverse the decision.

Indeed.
  • Options

Ok...so you think that they planned this all along? Which of these seems more accurate to you?

Option 1:
    “Let’s go on vacation for 2 weeks for the holidays, except of course we will pop in on a weekend (two days before the vacation ends) to drop this puzzle randomly.”

Option 2:
    “This tw scheme we came up with has stirred up an even bigger storm of controversy that we expected...someone get in there quick distract them. Don’t we have that puzzle we can throw at them a few days early?”
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    So they just happened to have a puzzle in their back pocket and waited until there was a firestorm? A puzzle that certainly seems to be lining up with the login reward for Jan AND the datamined info?

Yeah, no.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gannon
    1637 posts Member
    Options
    I can't believe someone got on during the holiday to drop a ridiculous puzzle, but not address the 48 pages of mostly outrage from players that don't want character bans to ever become a thing..
  • Options

Ok...so you think that they planned this all along? Which of these seems more accurate to you?

Option 1:
    “Let’s go on vacation for 2 weeks for the holidays, except of course we will pop in on a weekend (two days before the vacation ends) to drop this puzzle randomly.”

Option 2:
    “This tw scheme we came up with has stirred up an even bigger storm of controversy that we expected...someone get in there quick distract them. Don’t we have that puzzle we can throw at them a few days early?”

You're probably right, and it's probably Option 2. For all we know, they were planning to release this puzzle on Monday to hype up people who were already excited about a revamped TW, and decided to release it days early to try to stop this dumpster fire.
    Why they thought this was a good idea in the first place...now there's another puzzle we can start working on.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Have you done a poll?

Considering the player base has rioted over almost everything CG's done, if reddit and the forums lighting up was reason to cancel anything, nothing would ever happen in this game.

Just give it a bloody chance.

This is 100% a burner account
  • Options
    This is awful. I can’t believe the devs didn’t realize how stupid this idea is.
  • Options
    This is like a politician justifying a new law - we spoke to some constituents (ie 1 person out of 100 million voters) and they want this. This is a load of ****. People have spent thousand off Hours and $ to acquire characters in this game - now you announce that despite you take it thei money they can no longer use those characters - are you going to refund money paid for crystals for the characters you willl say cannot be used. The community is outraged at this announcement and you are taking people as being fools.
    Your best appr9ach would be to abandon this trai n of thought and genuinely consult with the community to come up with game enhancement to make it fun. Don’t take away what people have already acquired.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    So they just happened to have a puzzle in their back pocket and waited until there was a firestorm? A puzzle that certainly seems to be lining up with the login reward for Jan AND the datamined info?

Yeah, no.

If this is in response to my post above, I thought I was clear in saying “a few days early”.
    I think that they had the puzzle ready to go (it was ready before the holidays, remember?) and released it a few days early as a distraction from this uproar. It’s not that inconceivable.

As I said above, it makes more sense for this to be the case than fora dev to pop in on the weekend during their holiday to post the puzzle.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Underverse wrote: »
    I just refuse to even vote, the more people that actually vote, the more they will think the idea was a success.
    Someone on the forums linked to a reddit thread where a user was using a python script to repeatedly vote in the background by running the script that chooses Revan block and 5 others at random....

That's messed up. That is something that the devs definitely need to investigate and try to predict and prevent ahead of time if they are going to start rolling out voting ideas like this.
  • Options
    Rather than radically messing with something that is probably the most popular part of the game, why not just create multiple "tiers" of TW like we have for raids. The "heroic tier" is for those who want straight up competition on an even playing field with no major shenanigans apart from the faction buffs we have had since the start. Then there could be a couple other tiers for folks that want some surprises - perhaps with a couple payout alternatives aimed at attracting guilds at various states of maturity - like gear aimed at sith raid prep, or helping gear legendary farms. Or with rewards that are not the same for everybody - points for gp 1 shot killed and defended against. Or options for only "world appropriate" toons as has been suggested.

There are multiple tiers for raids, why not multiple tiers (or options) for TW? Then you can see exactly how popular ideas like this are by how many guilds choose which option. Even if it were just different "copy and paste" of the same TW environment with different "special conditions" you don't alienate those who want the "classic" format and those adventurous souls who want to be surprised on game day, can pick that. Why not offer alternatives instead of messing with the only option folks have.

oh, and PLEASE when you get GA going again do the same thing there so you can choose in a similar way the type of competition you want there - consistent and predictable, which some folks want, or something different everytime. And hopefully when GA settles out it will be on a weekly cadence and not in place of half the TWs. GA is not a guild activity and there is no reason that it should displace TW or TB in the monthly cadence.
  • Options
    lrjbr_llr wrote: »
    This is awful. I can’t believe the devs didn’t realize how stupid this idea is.

Actually, how stupid they think we are. It's really insulting to be honest. They actually think we'll wag our collective tails and get excited..
  • Options
    Minired wrote: »
    Okay who been smoking the weed and come up with this ?
    I vote leave it alone and just change the toons that get bonuses.
    Thats what worked last time

Nope, if you ever have them well developed. Those binuses are only last for a month...and the bonused chars are still useless after the bonuses are gone.

I dont think those char will getting more use while 28 T0 T1 chars banned though, but well..

Either way, officers are those who takes the extra load.
  • Options
    Rather than radically messing with something that is probably the most popular part of the game, why not just create multiple "tiers" of TW like we have for raids. The "heroic tier" is for those who want straight up competition on an even playing field with no major shenanigans apart from the faction buffs we have had since the start. Then there could be a couple other tiers for folks that want some surprises - perhaps with a couple payout alternatives aimed at attracting guilds at various states of maturity - like gear aimed at sith raid prep, or helping gear legendary farms. Or with rewards that are not the same for everybody - points for gp 1 shot killed and defended against. Or options for only "world appropriate" toons as has been suggested.

There are multiple tiers for raids, why not multiple tiers (or options) for TW? Then you can see exactly how popular ideas like this are by how many guilds choose which option. Even if it were just different "copy and paste" of the same TW environment with different "special conditions" you don't alienate those who want the "classic" format and those adventurous souls who want to be surprised on game day, can pick that. Why not offer alternatives instead of messing with the only option folks have.

oh, and PLEASE when you get GA going again do the same thing there so you can choose in a similar way the type of competition you want there - consistent and predictable, which some folks want, or something different everytime. And hopefully when GA settles out it will be on a weekly cadence and not in place of half the TWs. GA is not a guild activity and there is no reason that it should displace TW or TB in the monthly cadence.

Seems like your suggestion would be a programming hell with server side issues as well.
  • Options
    So, lets get a few things straight here:

First of all, this game is not only a collection game. It is also a very strong social game, why people even bother to log in every single day and do their dailys and earn tokens for their guild.

Majority of this game is about being better than your opponents. This means that people are willing to invest money, time and effort into becomming better each Day.

IF.. They decide to scamble the only incitament to actually pay and improve their roosters eg. Removing the only teamwork in the game, people will less likely spend money, because who the hell wants a badass rooster, if you cant use it or brag about it, or even show it of?

By takeing the only real gamemode that actually requires teamwork, and remove the competitive aspect of it, there is litterally No reason to even be in a guild except for sith heroic raid.

As it stands of now, from My perspective, i have No reason to spend any more Cash, because why would i even want a good rooster, if not to help My guildmates?

IF people have bo reason to socialize or talk to eachother anyways, they might aswell play any other singleplayer game.

Let´s all spend money on this game, so the developers can take away ouer toons!
  • Options
    Agree with most. We work hard leveling up toons, dont take them away. If you get good feedback with bonuses for TW why would you think taking away usable toons will get the same reaction. They are not the same and I'm not stoked on this. With GA now, keep TW goofy and fun with bonuses. I wanna take an entire g12 Sith team down with my g9 Mace!
This discussion has been closed.