Character shards from Chromium Packs are not awarded correctly.

Replies

• Options
    This is just sad.
  • Options
    Found out today, with Google Play Team, that you can get your last 10 transactions refunded (max is 10) .. When you discuss with CS staff, explain politely the situation and they will mostly escalate to another higher department .. This will require an extra 24-48hrs step.. You will need to fill a survey with some links (like this one.. Make sure u copy link from page 1)

Since EA isn't doing anything, Google might give you courtesy refund.. Then ask for a report link and explain how what your paying and not receiving isn't right.. That your not getting awarded what you paid for.. I did some calculus, it seems that 15-20% of the 8x chromium pulls are not correctly given

• Options
    I just received 12 Tie Pilot shards via in game mail... :)
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    damoven wrote: »
    I did a test today in the interests of helping devs figure this out. Screenshotted all my characters before purchasing a pack, then screenshotted the results of the pack, and then the shard count at the end

Imgur Gallery of Shard Awards here

In this case, I was awarded mostly Kit Fisto shards and a full Kit Fisto unlock. I already had Kit Fisto, and pre-purchase, I saw that his shard count was 5/25. The chromium packs awarded me 3 sets of 10 shards, and a 15 shard bonus for the unlock. During the unlock process, when I clicked on the first Kit Fisto shard award, his shard count was instantly displayed as 50/25, since the game had added all shards together and displayed the whole total, rather than the incremental total as I clicked on each shard. I believe this is the visual bug that @EA_Jesse was referring to.

In this particular case, I was awarded shards correctly following an 8 pack Chromium purchase. However, I still maintain (and still have screenshots to prove) that I did not get the correct shard awards for Royal Guard and Tie Pilot. The visual bug certainly does not help in this regard, and I believe there are still issues relating to certain characters and the applying of shards.

Although it's a painful process, it would be great if everyone who is following this thread could follow the same process of screenshotting their shard counts before and after purchases. I'm sure there is an issue but it's hard to prove when you have to shell out $20 per time to test it, and risk losing shards...
    Good stuff man.

Can you recall when you first got Kit if he was a hero drop or a shard activation?

I have a suspicion that for some reason the game handles these differently when receiving shards because a lot of reports have been with the startup characters, such as Clone Sergeant, who we all get as a character drop not activated from shards. On the other hand there's been a lot of people reporting issues with Luminara who will most likely be a hero people have activated from shards.

Can you please also post the screen shots for royal guard and tie pilot @damoven?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Any other acknowledgment of the issue and intentions to fix?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    I thought I was going crazy. I'd receive a full character and shard in an 8 pack. Add up in my head that it would mean the character I had in my collection would be able to up a star. Then I'd go into my character and see a lot less stars than I was expecting. This has happened a handful of times and I don't make such big mistakes when it comes to addition.
  • Options
    The same thing as happened to me unfortunately. I have spent quite a bit of money on this game and it is sad to see that some of it has gone to waste. Not sure if its possible to award us the shards we missed out on but I atleast hope a fix is in the works.
  • Options
    Is there any update on this situation? Don't really wanna have to go through iTunes and refund my purchase because I like this game and just want the shards I paid for from the duplicate characters.
  • Options
    No. EA is not said a word. Really sad if you ask me. Disgusted right now.
  • Velvethunder
    203 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    So this is still a issue? Just realised I missed out on my 7 star qui gon, fisto and tarkin because of this bug.
  • Options
    Guess so, trying to give it some time. Either way I'll either get the shards or my money back.
  • Options
    Yup, although I am now hesitant to spend more. I usually cash quite a bit on games, but I am worried about this.
  • Options
    Yeah same, I bought the ultimate bundle. Perfect, no problems. It's the chromium packs.
  • Options
    Keaven wrote: »
    Any other acknowledgment of the issue and intentions to fix?

Here's the text in the email:

I wanted to start by thanking you for your patience and apologizing for the wait time that you have experienced thus far.

Now let’s get started. From my understanding and after reviewing the case notes and previous correspondence, you are having problems with not receive 12 Tie Fighter Pilot shards in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. We have gone ahead and granted these to your account. You should see them in game now.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to reach out and like I said, I am confident that we can get this knocked out for you; I would just ask that you be patient with us while we work through everything.

Finally, I wanted to make sure that you had all the resources you could need for any future issues. We have an extensive knowledgebase full of troubleshooting and general knowledge located at help.ea.com as well as Answers HQ. Answers HQ brings all of the EA community together to offer support to each other and I’ve personally even found a lot of solutions that we use based on how awesomely supportive our community is. You can find it at answers.ea.com.

I've bought three sets of 8 packs and not seen the issue, despite screen-shotting every character before buying the pack. I've also seen no duplicates in those 3 packs, however. I think every single pack I had ever bought previous to these had at least 1 duplicate card in it... So maybe they disabled duplicates....

• Options
    Happened for me several times. EA has ignored it. I'm going to be requesting a refund through Google soon. This is just insane.
  • Options
    EA will probably respond to this in the coming week. Developers are probably at home mulling over the code as we speak.
  • Options
    Damoven...u r so lucky they awarded you back the Tie Pilot shards... :p
  • Options
    ios users..how do you post a claim for a refund...?

I reported the problem but it doesn't give me a refund option. On one of my purchases...it only show the refund option..
  • Options
    SlyWalker wrote: »
    Damoven...u r so lucky they awarded you back the Tie Pilot shards... :p

I'm almost ashamed to post here about it. I lost only 24 shards in total from all my packs bought, and actually I realized I made a dumb mistake. It wasn't Tie Pilot shards I lost, it was First Order Tie Pilot shards, but I wrote that I lost regular Tie Pilot shards in my email/ticket so that's what I got awarded, my own dumb fault. I know a lot of you here have lost a lot more. I hope you get your shards/refunds for the lost items. I work in app development myself, so I know that these things happen with apps, they go wrong at the start, but it's tough when real money is involved. I think we just need to keep remembering to screenshot our characters and posting the images to help the devs solve the issues for everyone...
  • Options
    SlyWalker wrote: »
    ios users..how do you post a claim for a refund...?

I reported the problem but it doesn't give me a refund option. On one of my purchases...it only show the refund option..

I found that I could only get refund for my most recent packs (which happened to be the ones I had an issue with) but that said I have not yet seen the refunds hit my credit card... even though iTunes emailed me and said 'refund will be issued'
  • Options
    i only managed to get a refund for 1 pack..worth $60+
  • Options
    Like another guy mentioned to me, most probably that Google and Apple are getting push backs from EA/CG
    if that's the case, it means that they don't really care about what's fair/customer service and that purchasing something and not getting what is advertised isn't good business.. It is actually called fraud

Like I told Google many times on the phone, I don't want to take down the game.. It is a decent game with good potential.. Just need smarter devs that listen to their client base and understand coding a little better... I/we just want what I/we paid for

• SlyWalker
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    its a pity we are the only minorities complaining about this...after putting all the money.
  • Options
    This happened to me on at least 3 occasions when purchasing the 8X Chromium pack. I received two sets of shards for the same character and each showed the same aggregate increase (e.g. 24 shards before pulling the first set of 12 and increased to 36, then pulled second set of 12 and saw same increase from 24 to 36). Did not think to take screenshot before of characters or screenshot of pack, and it is ridiculous that we would have to be doing that. The silence from EA on this is incredibly frustrating. Has anyone had any luck with Google getting things made right without a screenshot? I would hope that EA has records of the purchases we made and how the shards were awarded and could actually investigate this based on our accounts...Annoying that we don't actually have a record of that in our game.
  • Options
    All informations are stored somewhere.. Could be chromium pulls, pvp replay battles, hacking.. Everything leaves traces

It's just a matter for EA if they care enough to investigate or spend time gathering and analyzing the info

I'm sure they rather spend time creating new content and generate more money than owning the coding issues.. And we all know that mods and admins are reading these threads

I know some players got some bundles refunded from both iOS and Google FYI
  • Options
    Same thing has happened to me several times, and I didn't think to report it because I figured it was just showing both the shards at the same time. @EA_Jesse is there any way that y'all can go back through my stuff to find out what shards I'm owed?
  • Options
    Hey Everyone, we've been looking into this more to figure out what is going on. Like Damoven said, there is a known display issue we're working on fixing and are also looking into the reports of players not receiving character shards.

To help explain the display issue more, here is an example:

Let’s say we bought a Chromium x4 Bundle and the Bundle dropped like this: 12 Jawa shards, 12 Stormtrooper shards, 24 Jawa shards, and 12 Kit Fisto shards
    • Stormtrooper and Kit Fisto only dropped shards once each, so 12 of each is the correct amount
    • Jawa shards dropped twice and showed 12 the first time, then 24 the second time. The second drop is not 24 shards, but is the running total of the first 12 shards drop + the second 12 shards drop. So it is 24 total shards, not 36 total shards.

Please also note that shard drop numbers are not always the same, I have opened a pack and received 7 shards for Jedi Consular when I already owned him.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • SlyWalker
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    EA Jesse...can you read the thread carefully please?

What you have explained is not the issue being brought up....we are not complaining about receiving more....we are in fact receiving much much less...not just the visual bug...but manually counting...we know we are losing shards through and through.

Hope you can read through again everything. No offense.
  • brrrdt
    51 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    EA Jesse, what I recounted and what others have recounted, is not a display issue. What we are reporting is that on multiple occasions we are not actually getting the shards we are pulling from the pack. Here's a very simple illustration:

Before buying pack I have 12 shards for Jawa.

I buy a Chromium 8 pack. My first reveal is 12 shards for Jawa. I see an animation that adds those shards to my existing shards, and Jawa shows 24 shards.

My second reveal is also 12 shards for Jawa. I see the exact same animation as I saw the previous time. Adding 12 shards to my original 12 shards, showing me 24 shards.

Now if this was simply a display error, when I finish opening the rest of the pack, I should have 36 Jawa shards (12 original + 12 for the first pull + 12 for the second pull). Instead, I only have 24 shards, just like the animation showed both times, and I've wasted a bunch of money on shards I never actually got.

As I said in my first message, this has happened on at least 3 occasions and it is ridiculous that I was somehow supposed to screenshot my entire character roster before and after to prove this is happening.
  • Options
    yeah brrdt summarize it completely spot on.