Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• NicWester wrote: »
    Because it’s boring and has been the same thing for several months in a row, so why not try something new for one freaking time?

I’m glad you have teams with synergy. That’s wonderful and fantastic. Now how about rubbing a couple brain cells together to make some new teams?

Try new things. This is fun. You like fun, right?

Nope not fun...at...all. And I wasn't finding TW boring. But hey, if everyone else is loving it then by all means carry on. I'm just making my feelings known. Current TW isn't for me.

And innovation is all good and well, but not at the expense of something that was working well in the first place. Hybrid car makers didn't pull existing best selling car models and only offer their electric hybrids to the market.

Again, I'm happy if many players are loving the new TW, I am just putting it out there that I don't.
  • Alinoe
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Great.. thats most frustrating experience which i ever had in this game.. srsly. Terrible TW which is one of my favorite part of this game. I think that CG you should, tomorrow after this crap, send to each of us somekind of compensation for such experience. I almost throwed my phone ...
    Edit: me and my guildies are quite fresh players with gp around 2m medium, and we used to win with older guilds because we had key chars prepared. Noone from us have revan nor traya, bah even c3po.. when ban happen to han, zombie, asaji ect. We realized that we have no chance to beat anything cuz it not work anymore, and there is no other option when we faced JRT with C3PO, nobody can beat it right now.
  • Lol its a success! 500 less post on second thread.
  • Antares wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I remember everyone complaining that TW is the worst game mode and nobody played it last month, one change and now its everyone's favorite game mode that is worth quitting over

I certainly never enjoyed TW. IMO it’s not a good game mode for guilds as you have to fully rely on your teammates’ participation. There is only so much you can do vs a revan wall or a traya wall. You can defeat one, maybe two teams, then you are forced to wait until others have participated before the next territory is unlocked and the wait begins again after one fight.

TB is infinitely better as you can just do your thing in the 24h period whenever you want (I know...platoons, but these days it’s rather easy to clean most nodes without any help from platoons). No waiting for other guild members.

If I had a say, which I don’t, I would completely remove TW and replace it with permanent GA.

Sounds like a guild issue more than a TW issue. But the problem is, in order to get high stars in TB, you have to 'rely' on your guild to do their part too. Perhaps your guild isn't as organized as they could be when engaging a TW. We establish instructions, teams in certain zones, then wait for attack phase to hit. Once we see what we're up against, post "here's what you can counter with" and then be patient. It really isn't that bad.

Replacing a guild event with a single player event isn't a good idea in a game that relies on guild events and guild participation.
  • It's literally ONE TW.... everyone is being crippled. Have some perspective and please, remain silent.

TW has its issues but it isn't the "worst thing ever".

Are you 100% positive it is only LITERALLY ONE TW? I've heard it was a set of TWs (two total), I've even heard it's two sets of TWs (four total).
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I didn't like the idea of banning toons but decided to give it a shot with an open mind. Figured it might be actually good or fun change. After trying it out, I think its meh. I liked previous iterations of TW more, it was interesting to see some team lineups but that's it. The offense experience was lackluster, and I'm not a fan of it

Its not so bad that people need to cry end of the world or throw a fit over it for days and days. I wouldn't be excited for a TW where they repeated this and I'm always excited to play TW. Gave this a shot, felt like a miss, lets live and learn and do better next time

TL;DR this TW was a resounding meh/10 and nothing to cry over

If they wanted to try banning toons for one TW, then ban 4 or 5. Ban ONE team. "Hey we're restricting use of Night sisters for this TW, but everything else will be available!" Okay, so be it. There will be grumbling, but not nearly as bad as taking away 20 characters most of which were clutch for TW team synergies.

The extreme ideas is what's the problem. If they got an idea, then pulled it back a couple notches then I'm sure we'd be much happier to try it out and see how things go. Banning 20 characters from multiple key teams is an extreme idea.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I didn't like the idea of banning toons but decided to give it a shot with an open mind. Figured it might be actually good or fun change. After trying it out, I think its meh. I liked previous iterations of TW more, it was interesting to see some team lineups but that's it. The offense experience was lackluster, and I'm not a fan of it

Its not so bad that people need to cry end of the world or throw a fit over it for days and days. I wouldn't be excited for a TW where they repeated this and I'm always excited to play TW. Gave this a shot, felt like a miss, lets live and learn and do better next time

TL;DR this TW was a resounding meh/10 and nothing to cry over

If they wanted to try banning toons for one TW, then ban 4 or 5. Ban ONE team. "Hey we're restricting use of Night sisters for this TW, but everything else will be available!" Okay, so be it. There will be grumbling, but not nearly as bad as taking away 20 characters most of which were clutch for TW team synergies.

The extreme ideas is what's the problem. If they got an idea, then pulled it back a couple notches then I'm sure we'd be much happier to try it out and see how things go. Banning 20 characters from multiple key teams is an extreme idea.

Or don't ban anything, ever. The random mace bonus not too long ago acted as an easy counter to palp teams, but those teams could still be used. It shook things up, and not many threw palp on defense because of that one buff.. Plus gave utility to a rarely used toon. So it was win-win.
    What's worse that they know it was successful and people enjoyed the random buff idea..

Why they went for bans instead is beyond me.. But it's a total fail
  • Zykill
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    wantowan2 wrote: »
    This whole debacle is a farce. Whoever thought that stealing our bought and paid for property for a bad idea should reevaluate their career. How could this have made it by the laughing stage is unbelievable. The only reason for doing it is EA's inability to properly match guilds for the event. You charge so much money to advance toons it is so wrong to take them away because of the games shortcomings. You made a poll to make it look like somehow it was our idea? No no no. Backroom conversations about how you manipulate the player base should pay closer attention to not only fairness between players but between players and the corporation.

Debacle and farce are... You’re being far too nice with your use of words for this atrocity. What are they THINKING? A total lack of imagination and I despise the fact that “THEY” are trying to tell “US” that “WE” chose this. Get your head out of your A$$ CG.
  • Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

No other word for it. All of this was a BAD idea.
  • Crumb has confirmed the next TW is a normal one
  • First time I haven’t enjoyed a TW. Zero motivation to waste the time. Better be a one time thing only. Not dealing with this again and taking money elsewhere incase this continues since if im gonna spend, id rather be able to use what ive spent on.
  • So after seeing how defense held up and what offense was like, this really wasn’t such a great TW idea IMO. There wasn’t anything bad about it, but there wasn’t anything fun about it like with Windu’s buffs. I don’t think they should’ve factored banned toons into the matchmaking and I think they should’ve lowered the amount of defensive slots. I’d rate this TW version about a 6.5/10.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Lol its a success! 500 less post on second thread.

Let's keep working on it :D
  • This territory war is not fun at all. It is annoying. It used to be the best game mode. Bonuses for character factions can be exciting like when mace got his bonus but preventing the use of toons in territory wars is bad and I don't enjoy it at all. We have spend so much time and energy to gear up the toons to form the teams that we want and we can't use them. It isn't just about winning or losing but playing with the characters you have invested in. I hope we can revert back to only bonuses for factions instead of removing toons completely.
  • Vdr
    14 posts Member
    Hantal86 wrote: »
    Crumb has confirmed the next TW is a normal one

Yea, but at the same time he said this pick and ban may come back in the future, even after all this feedback.

So much for the “be silent, it’s this time only” argument.
  • Bans may return- from Crumb's own mouth- ARE U BLIND- READ THE COMMENTS OF THE LAST 44 PAGES (minus the 1 page of CG cronies)
  • AhopaJr
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    So I am in this TW currently... and its horrible. There isnt fun, exciting, or any other positive word. If I could go in and get all my money back that I spent to get Revan unlocked the first time I would do it in a heart beat. Shame on you CG for thinking that banning anything is remotely fun.
  • xXxPALAxXx wrote: »
    I find it it such a great idea to ask the community (vastly composed off f2p casual players) to vote on toons to be removed. Very shocking that all the biggest meta they so frustrated to not be able to get are excluded. I’m sure the p2p player base (which immpart of) is very pleased with the idea of spending several hundreds and thousand dollars on a game and not be able to use the toons they got with that money. We all feel very encouraged to engross this game /company revenues even more now....

This hurts the F2P player more. P2P have alternate toons to fill the gaps where the F2P has the specific toons needed to make the squad. This hurts new players in the same way.
  • Rudingut wrote: »
    xXxPALAxXx wrote: »
    I find it it such a great idea to ask the community (vastly composed off f2p casual players) to vote on toons to be removed. Very shocking that all the biggest meta they so frustrated to not be able to get are excluded. I’m sure the p2p player base (which immpart of) is very pleased with the idea of spending several hundreds and thousand dollars on a game and not be able to use the toons they got with that money. We all feel very encouraged to engross this game /company revenues even more now....

This hurts the F2P player more. P2P have alternate toons to fill the gaps where the F2P has the specific toons needed to make the squad. This hurts new players in the same way.

As f2p myself, I can second this. Toon bans heavily damaged my ability to participate in this TW. I honestly don't know what they were trying to accomplish aside from alienate the player base.
  • This "community TW" is terrible. You have completely destroyed so many teams that I have painstakingly worked up just for things like TW. That Traya that I just got to 7* and g12? Can't use her! How about that Revan that I spent $$$$ on? NOPE! Can't use him either! This is absolutely unacceptable. WHEN YOU TAKE AWAY THINGS WE HAVE WORKED ON (AND ESPECIALLY THINGS WE HAVE SPENT REAL $$$$ ON) WE WILL GET UPSET. Nobody asked for this garbage TW.

Do the right thing and own up to your mistakes which this very much is. Whoever put forth this idea needs to be put on the janitorial staff because at least then they can clean up shlt instead of making everyone else deal with it.
  • Many don't like this version of TW, and many are coming here to express there frustrations.
    Except they didn't play it in good faith, so their feedback is suspect at best. They made up their mind to hate it as soon as the event was announced and everything they've done has been confirmation bias.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I won't cry about spilt milk but, if you create a new poll with an option to not exclude toons, my entire guild will sign up and vote to end these bans for future TW. I am not sure Capital Game will listen but it's worth a try.
  • I never said anything about quitting the game. But if you're in a guild that is tw focused like I am, then this kind of change is the worst. Roster depth? Okay, but this punishes those of us who have worked hard to get the best Characters in the game.

“Worked hard” yeah. Typing in your credit card number must be really hard. But on a real note, tw is also about outsmarting your opponents. That includes thinking up new strategies or thinking ____ isn’t banned and the hard counter ____ is.

Why does everyone revert to the lazy "credit card" arguement... I actually did work hard, been playing for years, built farming spreadsheets and priority orders, clawed to the top of both arenas and in raids to get more resources, etc. News flash their skippy, sometimes it isn't all about themoney.

I'm in a TW guild and yes, it is about outsmarting your opponent and playing smarter, but that should never be accocmplised by banning something. Banning is a slap in the face to those of us who built for and enjoy this mode. We outsmart out opponents by building correct teams, modding correctly, choosing the right terrorities to set and the right teams to hold for O. This adbomination of a TW isn't about outsmarting... it's just hoping that you had more non banned toons and teams than your opponent which is nothing you could reasonable plan or control.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Many don't like this version of TW, and many are coming here to express there frustrations.
    Except they didn't play it in good faith, so their feedback is suspect at best. They made up their mind to hate it as soon as the event was announced and everything they've done has been confirmation bias.

So you've been playing this game for two years and we're going to make it more "playful" by only allowing you to play for 30 seconds every 47 minutes. But, don't say you don't like it because you haven't tried it yet, that's just confirmation bias!!!! Heroin is bad! "Well, how do you KNOW heroin is bad, you haven't tried it yet. you're just going to confirm your own bias before you decide to try it for yourself with an open mind!" Same logic.....

Just because we haven't started to play it yet, doesn't mean it's not a good idea. Especially for non-kraken types who ONLY have these key toons they can't use for this TW because they were following the pillars, staying on target, etc. How are they going to have fun without the characters they've maxed out? Or the teams they've worked hard to build?

• Stegosaurus=players
    Allosaurus=CG

vy9cfpgwbs53.png
  • Tb12isgoat wrote: »
    Whoever came up with this idea from CG used to work for NY jets. How dumb can you be?

And just fired from the Arizona Cardinals.
  • TW was cool. Now it’s frustrating and I refuse to play it. I am mad at the $$ and time I’ve put into building teams that I cant use.
  • No worries they posted ban will return. Have fun.
  • No worries they posted ban will return. Have fun.

Next time they will double the number of bans until EVERYONE agrees this is a terrible idea. They're all about uniting the community!

/sarc
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    This feedback is AMAZINGLY good!
    wrgxwgor59ny.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.