New update...Watch out when you sim!

Prev134567
LoreleiPhoenix
148 posts Member
edited March 2019
The latest update brought some cool things. There is a slightly confusing gear search with a possible bug...I chose to "find" a sub gear piece (hypo syringe) and it only brought up the raids. I was horrified at1st that they had removed it from all of the nodes. You have to double click the picture.
But beware...they have changed the sim button in a very disturbing way that can be pretty upsetting to ftp players...when you 1st go in to sim for something it automatically chooses the max number of sims and wipes your energy resources out...boom! Gone!
I am quite annoyed at this.
Some might say "oh you will get used to it and after getting spanked a couple times you will remember to reduce the number of sims..."
well for an ftp this sucks. We shouldn't have to remember to click the "-" button to the number of sims we want.
Please fix this and you might want to send out some crystals to replace the energy that went 'poof' to those of us who got spank 1 or 2 (or more for those who are half asleep playing in the wee hours of the morning) times...
Post edited by LoreleiPhoenix on

Replies

• How is this not an ftp friendly change? Are you spreading your sims wide across several nodes?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • When you go in and sim for gear, the slider is set at max sims...as in it sims the number you have in all of your energy. It stays at the number you choose but when you go for a different piece of gear or shards it resets to max.
    I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true). If I have 140 energy it automatically sims forteen hits if I don't reduce it.
    If I was just trying get 1 piece of gear and had other important gear or shards to get and I don't have more crystals then I will be s.o.l. I get to twiddle my thumbs and stare at the screen while waiting for the energy to sloooowly build up or for the next bonus energy...
    Imo...absolutely NOT ftp friendly. Quite the opposite, this is very ptp friendly (again, they would be getting less for there energy for the number of hits if they sim a big number...but I guess some probably find it tedious to sim 2 at a time..)
  • yeah I know.. I simmed 8 instead of 2... ehh I forgot about this.
  • When you go in and sim for gear, the slider is set at max sims...as in it sims the number you have in all of your energy. It stays at the number you choose but when you go for a different piece of gear or shards it resets to max.
    I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true). If I have 140 energy it automatically sims forteen hits if I don't reduce it.
    If I was just trying get 1 piece of gear and had other important gear or shards to get and I don't have more crystals then I will be s.o.l. I get to twiddle my thumbs and stare at the screen while waiting for the energy to sloooowly build up or for the next bonus energy...
    Imo...absolutely NOT ftp friendly. Quite the opposite, this is very ptp friendly (again, they would be getting less for there energy for the number of hits if they sim a big number...but I guess some probably find it tedious to sim 2 at a time..)

I bet you a vault of crystals that if you tracked your drop rates over a thousand sims of each, simming 2 at a time would not be significantly better than simming as many as you can.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    When you go in and sim for gear, the slider is set at max sims...as in it sims the number you have in all of your energy. It stays at the number you choose but when you go for a different piece of gear or shards it resets to max.

That's not real advice, it's just superstition!
  • No difference between 2 or 20 sims on overall % based drop chance
  • LoreleiPhoenix
    148 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Well, it is working for me, superstition or not...when they spanked me with the 14 sims I got 1 shard...I don't recall ever getting just 1 shard in 7 tries (2 sims per)...perhaps I am just lucky.
    I wasn't giving advice...I was answering why for me, I don't like this change. Google about it though and YOU do 1000 sims and perhaps you will be singing a different tune...or not. To each there own.
    I was just trying to warn others, especially ftp players who can't just say "oh darn, I guess I have to buy more energy" to be aware of this update change and be careful.
    Post edited by LoreleiPhoenix on
  • PS If you only wanted 1 piece of gear and say it wiped out 200 energy and you were going to use it on other needed gear and shards...imo, that stinks.
  • This just proves that people just complain about anything
  • Hahaha, you are funny.
    I suppose I should put it in terms of, you are trying to Panic Farm Carth (not me... this time) and you go for a piece of gear for another character and it wipes out whatever energy you were about to use for Carth...no worries, right?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Well, it is working for me, superstition or not.

It hasn't worked for you. It's absurd nonsense that you haven't tested. This post needs to be deleted.
  • I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true).

Um... no. Just no. There is absolutely zero difference in returns if you sim 20 times all at once versus if you sim them in any combination of smaller amounts. Doing 2 sims 10 times does not give you better returns than 20 all at once. Drops all have a % chance to hit; either you get lucky and are on the good side of that or you don't and aren't. There is no way to trick or change your odds.
  • Having a change that potentially takes a bite out of your very limited resources I feel is a very valid reason to complain...
    Of course if I had gads of money to throw at crystals like some peeps here, I would probably not empathize at all with those having trouble with this new change, diminish the person's experience and go buy another vault just for fun.
  • I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true).

Um... no. Just no. There is absolutely zero difference in returns if you sim 20 times all at once versus if you sim them in any combination of smaller amounts. Doing 2 sims 10 times does not give you better returns than 20 all at once. Drops all have a % chance to hit; either you get lucky and are on the good side of that or you don't and aren't. There is no way to trick or change your odds.

This. This. THIS. THIS. THIS!!!!!!!!!
  • To each there own
  • Back to the actual point, to those who work hard to get crystals in the arenas for energy remember to change the slider for each new gear or shard you are farming.
  • Ragnir
    118 posts Member
    Thanks for the heads up.

Again, my point wasn't to share some ancient chinese secret on how to trick the machines (I never said I was right about the 2 sim thing just that I personally do it from my own experience) but that if I used my hard earned arena crystals just to refresh energy to farm a bunch of different things and I forget to change it each time, it all gets dumped on that one item...
  • To each there own

Their. And no. People like you need to stop perpetuating the myth that the number of sims you do at a time matters. It has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of crystals you have or if you are a whale or whatever, the percentage chance to get a shard is the same for EVERY SIM and will always come down to the same number over time.
  • I like this change quite a bit. I always sim the maximum amount that I can. Always.

And for the record this has nothing to do with being a F2P, P2P, Whale, Dolphin, Kraken, whatever. I have a very healthy crystal income :wink:
  • PS If you only wanted 1 piece of gear and say it wiped out 200 energy and you were going to use it on other needed gear and shards...imo, that stinks.

This is a valid point. Unlike the "sim in batch of 2-3 at a time"
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    At any rate, I almost always sim the maximum amount anyway so it's a great QOL change for me.
  • LoreleiPhoenix
    148 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Oh for gods sake..I am not perpetuating a myth, just trying to help people save there energy from the update.
    Imo people can push sim 1 time or max...I will do it the way I want to, I read that advice in an article...now if I posted that article that would be trying to perpetuate their "opinion".
    The crystals are not being hurt by how many times you sim it but potentially could be hurt by not paying attention to the new default setting...pure and simple...for those of us with say only 50 crystals...this mistake can sting...
  • It is amazing how many game problems can be solved just by paying attention on whats happening on the screen...
  • All I noticed since the update is a notable reduction in the drop rates for Carth and Juhani.
  • True, but if you have done something many times you have developed the habit...easy to forget with an ingrained habit, but possible. If I can help one person who wasn't aware of the change then I am happy.
    Now the others who seem to be cherry picking from this post and I guess missing my "in my opinions" and "in my experience" trying to start a different subject then they might want to go start their own thread and set up their soap boxes on the evils of having an opinion made from their own experiences. People tend to do selective reading and miss the whole point of what others are saying...or they are just troling...
  • Ragnir wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up.

Your welcome, thank you for realizing what the point of this was...lol
  • LoreleiPhoenix
    148 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Well, it is working for me, superstition or not.

It hasn't worked for you. It's absurd nonsense that you haven't tested. This post needs to be deleted.

Since you are not me and don't sit next to me to see what works for me and you obviously did not read a word I said, or just zoned into what ever you wanted to see to be a negative ninny or just drop a bomb to rile peeps...take a chill. If you don't like when fellow players try to help others...then move on to the next thread to toss your insults in.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    You'll get used to it and this has nothing to do with being f2p or p2p.
    Save water, drink champagne!