New update...Watch out when you sim!

Replies

  • I know...just giving the unaware a heads up.
    I remember when they switched the bronzium data card position...I was lucky to not have enough crystals to make the chromium pack mistake and by the time I did have crystals, I had read about it on the forums from someone else's heads up.
  • LOL.... someone is just fishing for attention and wants to whine

    The premise of the complaint is he had to sim 14 once in his life instead of 2 so this hurts FTP players?!?!? El. Oh. El.
  • SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    LOL.... someone is just fishing for attention and wants to whine

    The premise of the complaint is he had to sim 14 once in his life instead of 2 so this hurts FTP players?!?!? El. Oh. El.

    Do you not understand that there are plenty of circumstances where the max sim isn't called for? Like say you only need one shard or one piece of salvage? Or do you just want to be a **** about it?
  • Nope, did it 3 times...the 14 was just the 1st then another maybe for 64...and even again after I gave peeps a heads up in my guild lol...I was up in the wee hours playing with Thrawn so my attention was not perfect.
    But, while I might have stated my personal boneheaded experience with this in a crotchety way, the point of my comments was not to complain but to make others aware...not everyone read the details of the update...there where quite a few new features.
    Obviously using ftp and ptp stirs up a hornet's nest. I actually am ftp most of the month with one splurge.
    Soooooo, to all players pay attention to the sim bar...it has changed.
  • Don't want attention. Just clarifying. Good luck..peace out.
  • SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    LOL.... someone is just fishing for attention and wants to whine

    The premise of the complaint is he had to sim 14 once in his life instead of 2 so this hurts FTP players?!?!? El. Oh. El.

    Do you not understand that there are plenty of circumstances where the max sim isn't called for? Like say you only need one shard or one piece of salvage? Or do you just want to be a **** about it?

    Yes, there are plenty of instances. But I think it’s a pretty safe assumption that a max sim is way more popular than a single sim.
  • Jayngo
    64 posts Member
    I noticed this too. Not a huge deal to me. I'm more upset at the criminal activity going on by blatently nerfing Old Republic shard drops when the event is mentioned and the packs are live to buy in the store now. GG EA.
  • Gannon
    1473 posts Member
    edited March 14
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    LOL.... someone is just fishing for attention and wants to whine

    The premise of the complaint is he had to sim 14 once in his life instead of 2 so this hurts FTP players?!?!? El. Oh. El.

    Do you not understand that there are plenty of circumstances where the max sim isn't called for? Like say you only need one shard or one piece of salvage? Or do you just want to be a **** about it?

    Yes, there are plenty of instances. But I think it’s a pretty safe assumption that a max sim is way more popular than a single sim.

    I disagree, personally. I tend to sim one at a time for gear, usually cuz I only need one or two to finish a part. I'd hate to reflexively burn thru all my energy doing it. Lol

    But yes, it was a nice heads up about it defaulting to max. Bunch of baby sharks attacking the op was pretty unnecessary tho.

    Also worth noting that if you select a number of Sims, it retains that number. So you can easily select 2 at a time, and just click sim multiple times till you get what you needed. (For those superstitious players like me)
  • Kyno
    21855 posts Moderator
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Well, it is working for me, superstition or not.

    It hasn't worked for you. It's absurd nonsense that you haven't tested. This post needs to be deleted.

    Since you are not me and don't sit next to me to see what works for me and you obviously did not read a word I said, or just zoned into what ever you wanted to see to be a negative ninny or just drop a bomb to rile peeps...take a chill. If you don't like when fellow players try to help others...then move on to the next thread to toss your insults in.

    Would you mind posting your data about the sim count vs. Drop rate, it would be immensely helpful to other players.
  • When you go in and sim for gear, the slider is set at max sims...as in it sims the number you have in all of your energy. It stays at the number you choose but when you go for a different piece of gear or shards it resets to max.
    I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true). If I have 140 energy it automatically sims forteen hits if I don't reduce it.
    If I was just trying get 1 piece of gear and had other important gear or shards to get and I don't have more crystals then I will be s.o.l. I get to twiddle my thumbs and stare at the screen while waiting for the energy to sloooowly build up or for the next bonus energy...
    Imo...absolutely NOT ftp friendly. Quite the opposite, this is very ptp friendly (again, they would be getting less for there energy for the number of hits if they sim a big number...but I guess some probably find it tedious to sim 2 at a time..)

    “...getting less for there energy...”

    1. It’s “their”
    2. It’s also wrong and just superstition
  • I noticed this but I just slide the slider down depending on how much gear I need. If I need 50 max is fine, if I need 1 then I do 2.
  • Gannon
    1473 posts Member
    When you go in and sim for gear, the slider is set at max sims...as in it sims the number you have in all of your energy. It stays at the number you choose but when you go for a different piece of gear or shards it resets to max.
    I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true). If I have 140 energy it automatically sims forteen hits if I don't reduce it.
    If I was just trying get 1 piece of gear and had other important gear or shards to get and I don't have more crystals then I will be s.o.l. I get to twiddle my thumbs and stare at the screen while waiting for the energy to sloooowly build up or for the next bonus energy...
    Imo...absolutely NOT ftp friendly. Quite the opposite, this is very ptp friendly (again, they would be getting less for there energy for the number of hits if they sim a big number...but I guess some probably find it tedious to sim 2 at a time..)

    “...getting less for there energy...”

    1. It’s “their”
    2. It’s also wrong and just superstition

    More angry baby sharks after the op..
    Geez, it was just a heads up. Chill
  • Bulldog1205
    3087 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Gannon wrote: »
    When you go in and sim for gear, the slider is set at max sims...as in it sims the number you have in all of your energy. It stays at the number you choose but when you go for a different piece of gear or shards it resets to max.
    I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true). If I have 140 energy it automatically sims forteen hits if I don't reduce it.
    If I was just trying get 1 piece of gear and had other important gear or shards to get and I don't have more crystals then I will be s.o.l. I get to twiddle my thumbs and stare at the screen while waiting for the energy to sloooowly build up or for the next bonus energy...
    Imo...absolutely NOT ftp friendly. Quite the opposite, this is very ptp friendly (again, they would be getting less for there energy for the number of hits if they sim a big number...but I guess some probably find it tedious to sim 2 at a time..)

    “...getting less for there energy...”

    1. It’s “their”
    2. It’s also wrong and just superstition

    More angry baby sharks after the op..
    Geez, it was just a heads up. Chill

    I mean, people can be harsh, and it’s often unnecessary, but it’s the internet and that’s it’s nature. But It also wasn’t just a heads up. It’s also a post asking for a refund for his own mistake. And then he spread untrue info as well.
  • Gannon
    1473 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    When you go in and sim for gear, the slider is set at max sims...as in it sims the number you have in all of your energy. It stays at the number you choose but when you go for a different piece of gear or shards it resets to max.
    I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true). If I have 140 energy it automatically sims forteen hits if I don't reduce it.
    If I was just trying get 1 piece of gear and had other important gear or shards to get and I don't have more crystals then I will be s.o.l. I get to twiddle my thumbs and stare at the screen while waiting for the energy to sloooowly build up or for the next bonus energy...
    Imo...absolutely NOT ftp friendly. Quite the opposite, this is very ptp friendly (again, they would be getting less for there energy for the number of hits if they sim a big number...but I guess some probably find it tedious to sim 2 at a time..)

    “...getting less for there energy...”

    1. It’s “their”
    2. It’s also wrong and just superstition

    More angry baby sharks after the op..
    Geez, it was just a heads up. Chill

    I mean, people can be harsh, and it’s often unnecessary, but it’s the internet and that’s it’s nature. But It also wasn’t just a heads up. It’s also a post asking for a refund for his own mistake.

    That's not how I read it. I saw op point out that it defaults to max, and added how their sim pattern was effected. Then ppl attack op over sim habits. Op tries to get it back on topic. Grammar lessons ensue. (Congrats by the way Eddie, lessons must be paying off)
    So we've degraded so far from the original topic now that we all question why we're here.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    For people saying there is no difference between doing max sims and doing 1-2 sims at a time, you are wrong. The devs can say whatever they like, but there is zero way my sims done 1-2 at a time and a Max sim are treated the same way. I consistently receive less rewards when doing larger and Max sims than compared to simming 1-2 at a time. This is espessially true when simming for mod gear for whatever reason. When doing a Max sim on mod gear I receive 1 piece of gear or less per sim at last 75% of the time. When I sim 2 at a time the total amount of gear when I'm done simming is 1 piece of gear or more per sim at least 75% of the time. It's not even close. If I Max sim for mod gear, I'm wasting my energy, period end of discussion.
  • SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    LOL.... someone is just fishing for attention and wants to whine

    The premise of the complaint is he had to sim 14 once in his life instead of 2 so this hurts FTP players?!?!? El. Oh. El.

    Do you not understand that there are plenty of circumstances where the max sim isn't called for? Like say you only need one shard or one piece of salvage? Or do you just want to be a **** about it?

    So you're telling me that they are screwing the FTP fanbase because you have to manually adjust to the specific number you want compared to the max that most (FTP and whales) usually do?
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Gannon wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    When you go in and sim for gear, the slider is set at max sims...as in it sims the number you have in all of your energy. It stays at the number you choose but when you go for a different piece of gear or shards it resets to max.
    I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true). If I have 140 energy it automatically sims forteen hits if I don't reduce it.
    If I was just trying get 1 piece of gear and had other important gear or shards to get and I don't have more crystals then I will be s.o.l. I get to twiddle my thumbs and stare at the screen while waiting for the energy to sloooowly build up or for the next bonus energy...
    Imo...absolutely NOT ftp friendly. Quite the opposite, this is very ptp friendly (again, they would be getting less for there energy for the number of hits if they sim a big number...but I guess some probably find it tedious to sim 2 at a time..)

    “...getting less for there energy...”

    1. It’s “their”
    2. It’s also wrong and just superstition

    More angry baby sharks after the op..
    Geez, it was just a heads up. Chill

    I mean, people can be harsh, and it’s often unnecessary, but it’s the internet and that’s it’s nature. But It also wasn’t just a heads up. It’s also a post asking for a refund for his own mistake.

    That's not how I read it. I saw op point out that it defaults to max, and added how their sim pattern was effected. Then ppl attack op over sim habits. Op tries to get it back on topic. Grammar lessons ensue. (Congrats by the way Eddie, lessons must be paying off)
    So we've degraded so far from the original topic now that we all question why we're here.

    Huh? He literally said they need to "fix" it and asked if they could send a refund because CG somehow forced him to max sim
  • Kyno
    21855 posts Moderator
    Madpup wrote: »
    For people saying there is no difference between doing max sims and doing 1-2 sims at a time, you are wrong. The devs can say whatever they like, but there is zero way my sims done 1-2 at a time and a Max sim are treated the same way. I consistently receive less rewards when doing larger and Max sims than compared to simming 1-2 at a time. This is espessially true when simming for mod gear for whatever reason. When doing a Max sim on mod gear I receive 1 piece of gear or less per sim at last 75% of the time. When I sim 2 at a time the total amount of gear when I'm done simming is 1 piece of gear or more per sim at least 75% of the time. It's not even close. If I Max sim for mod gear, I'm wasting my energy, period end of discussion.

    @Madpup would you mind posting your data sets so we can all see these % and verify your calculations. The more data the community has the better picture we can get of the potential benefits of sim count vs rewards.
  • Gannon
    1473 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    When you go in and sim for gear, the slider is set at max sims...as in it sims the number you have in all of your energy. It stays at the number you choose but when you go for a different piece of gear or shards it resets to max.
    I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true). If I have 140 energy it automatically sims forteen hits if I don't reduce it.
    If I was just trying get 1 piece of gear and had other important gear or shards to get and I don't have more crystals then I will be s.o.l. I get to twiddle my thumbs and stare at the screen while waiting for the energy to sloooowly build up or for the next bonus energy...
    Imo...absolutely NOT ftp friendly. Quite the opposite, this is very ptp friendly (again, they would be getting less for there energy for the number of hits if they sim a big number...but I guess some probably find it tedious to sim 2 at a time..)

    “...getting less for there energy...”

    1. It’s “their”
    2. It’s also wrong and just superstition

    More angry baby sharks after the op..
    Geez, it was just a heads up. Chill

    I mean, people can be harsh, and it’s often unnecessary, but it’s the internet and that’s it’s nature. But It also wasn’t just a heads up. It’s also a post asking for a refund for his own mistake.

    That's not how I read it. I saw op point out that it defaults to max, and added how their sim pattern was effected. Then ppl attack op over sim habits. Op tries to get it back on topic. Grammar lessons ensue. (Congrats by the way Eddie, lessons must be paying off)
    So we've degraded so far from the original topic now that we all question why we're here.

    Huh? He literally said they need to "fix" it and asked if they could send a refund because CG somehow forced him to max sim

    Quote it, I didn't see it, but I'd imagine it was sarcasm or a exaggeration.
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    LOL.... someone is just fishing for attention and wants to whine

    The premise of the complaint is he had to sim 14 once in his life instead of 2 so this hurts FTP players?!?!? El. Oh. El.

    Do you not understand that there are plenty of circumstances where the max sim isn't called for? Like say you only need one shard or one piece of salvage? Or do you just want to be a **** about it?

    So you're telling me that they are screwing the FTP fanbase because you have to manually adjust to the specific number you want compared to the max that most (FTP and whales) usually do?

    That's not even remotely what he just said. Just saying. Not even implied
  • Gannon
    1473 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Madpup wrote: »
    For people saying there is no difference between doing max sims and doing 1-2 sims at a time, you are wrong. The devs can say whatever they like, but there is zero way my sims done 1-2 at a time and a Max sim are treated the same way. I consistently receive less rewards when doing larger and Max sims than compared to simming 1-2 at a time. This is espessially true when simming for mod gear for whatever reason. When doing a Max sim on mod gear I receive 1 piece of gear or less per sim at last 75% of the time. When I sim 2 at a time the total amount of gear when I'm done simming is 1 piece of gear or more per sim at least 75% of the time. It's not even close. If I Max sim for mod gear, I'm wasting my energy, period end of discussion.

    @Madpup would you mind posting your data sets so we can all see these % and verify your calculations. The more data the community has the better picture we can get of the potential benefits of sim count vs rewards.

    I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'd like to chime in. Most of my guild farms the same teams at the same times, and have for years. Those who farm all out (max energy at one time) are always behind. In my experience, high cost nodes work best at 1 sim per. Mid cost is 2 per. Low cost is 3 per. It may be completely superstition, but those who farm this way are always ahead, many of them ready to get Darth revan f2p and all.
    I wish we all recorded data and statistics to prove it to everyone else, but we don't go that far. It's just a personal choice (or superstition) that a lot of ppl go by.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Moderator
    Jayngo wrote: »
    I noticed this too. Not a huge deal to me. I'm more upset at the criminal activity going on by blatently nerfing Old Republic shard drops when the event is mentioned and the packs are live to buy in the store now. GG EA.
    Weird. I went 11/24 on Carth yesterday and 13/24 today. Maybe just RNG being RNG?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • WookieWookie
    299 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Well, it is working for me, superstition or not...when they spanked me with the 14 sims I got 1 shard...I don't recall ever getting just 1 shard in 7 tries (2 sims per)...perhaps I am just lucky.
    I wasn't giving advice...I was answering why for me, I don't like this change. Google about it though and YOU do 1000 sims and perhaps you will be singing a different tune...or not. To each there own.
    I was just trying to warn others, especially ftp players who can't just say "oh darn, I guess I have to buy more energy" to be aware of this update change and be careful.

    There are tons of large samples recorded on the forums that show between a 30 and 33% drop rate for shards, across all different energy costs, and independent of the number of simultaneous sims. Please take your anecdotal evidence and salt to a simple study of the law of large numbers here.

    2w1ewv.jpg
  • LoreleiPhoenix
    139 posts Member
    edited March 14
    What Gannon said.
    Obvious they would never give refunds, I never asked for a refund for myself...if they did they would be giving the guys with that zeta Finn nerf a refund. Please do not put words in my mouth. When I posted earlier I was exhausted and annoyed so how about easing up a bit? We are all afterall fellow gamers just trying to enjoy something that makes us happy or gives us an escape...
    Yes, I would love for them to fix it because I sometimes can't sleep and in the middle of the night will most likely mess up again and again whether or not I am "just looking at the screen".
    I can tend to be a bit of a smart aleck, If anything I was thinking about crystals for the other peeps...I like to help out like I was helped before in the Forums.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    When you go in and sim for gear, the slider is set at max sims...as in it sims the number you have in all of your energy. It stays at the number you choose but when you go for a different piece of gear or shards it resets to max.
    I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true). If I have 140 energy it automatically sims forteen hits if I don't reduce it.
    If I was just trying get 1 piece of gear and had other important gear or shards to get and I don't have more crystals then I will be s.o.l. I get to twiddle my thumbs and stare at the screen while waiting for the energy to sloooowly build up or for the next bonus energy...
    Imo...absolutely NOT ftp friendly. Quite the opposite, this is very ptp friendly (again, they would be getting less for there energy for the number of hits if they sim a big number...but I guess some probably find it tedious to sim 2 at a time..)

    “...getting less for there energy...”

    1. It’s “their”
    2. It’s also wrong and just superstition

    More angry baby sharks after the op..
    Geez, it was just a heads up. Chill

    I mean, people can be harsh, and it’s often unnecessary, but it’s the internet and that’s it’s nature. But It also wasn’t just a heads up. It’s also a post asking for a refund for his own mistake.

    That's not how I read it. I saw op point out that it defaults to max, and added how their sim pattern was effected. Then ppl attack op over sim habits. Op tries to get it back on topic. Grammar lessons ensue. (Congrats by the way Eddie, lessons must be paying off)
    So we've degraded so far from the original topic now that we all question why we're here.

    Huh? He literally said they need to "fix" it and asked if they could send a refund because CG somehow forced him to max sim

    Quote it, I didn't see it, but I'd imagine it was sarcasm or a exaggeration.
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    LOL.... someone is just fishing for attention and wants to whine

    The premise of the complaint is he had to sim 14 once in his life instead of 2 so this hurts FTP players?!?!? El. Oh. El.

    Do you not understand that there are plenty of circumstances where the max sim isn't called for? Like say you only need one shard or one piece of salvage? Or do you just want to be a **** about it?

    So you're telling me that they are screwing the FTP fanbase because you have to manually adjust to the specific number you want compared to the max that most (FTP and whales) usually do?

    That's not even remotely what he just said. Just saying. Not even implied

    "Please fix this and you might want to send out some crystals to replace the energy that went 'poof' to those of us who got spank 1 or 2 (or more for those who are half asleep playing in the wee hours of the morning) times..."

    Just because he didn't demand a full refund, he absolutely wanted something to compensate for his mistake
  • What Gannon said.
    Obvious they would never give refunds, I never asked for a refund for myself...if they did they would be giving the guys with that zeta Finn nerf a refund. Please do not put words in my mouth. When I posted earlier I was exhausted and annoyed so how about easing up a bit? We are all afterall fellow gamers just trying to enjoy something that makes us happy or gives us an escape...
    Yes, I would love for them to fix it because I sometimes can't sleep and in the middle of the night will most likely mess up again and again whether or not I am "just looking at the screen".
    I can tend to be a bit of a smart aleck, If anything I was thinking about crystals for the other peeps...I like to help out like I was helped before in the Forums.

    Fix what though? Nothing's broken... You're the whining minority
  • LoreleiPhoenix
    139 posts Member
    edited March 14
    I will continue to play and farm the way I do...you continue to farm the way you do...there are obviously a bunch for and against...
    I think just do what works for you. I am not trying to be right, I am trying to enjoy the game in my own way and if I can help a peep or two with things (no, not the simming 1 or 2 vs max) like a change that if not noticed could negatively affect another fellow player then...cool.
  • Rebuc
    16 posts Member
    Don't really care about the perceived drop rate or any forced math to prove an argument...in a basic usability sense, this change sucks.

    I sim both LS and DS nodes each day as I'm farming, and I never fully sim just one of them...I split between the two so I can farm multiple things, same as I've been doing for almost 2 years now. If it wasn't for the fact that I actually noticed the sim slider was maxed, I would have shot my wad all on one node and I would have been ****.

    Why was this changed? I haven't read a single topic where someone said "You know what we need? To have the sim slider maxed by default...because there's nothing more I hate than to have to tap on my screen a couple times!! Hey devs!! I'm lazy...please make this easier for me!!! Ktnxbye"

    This wasn't broke, so why "fix" it?
Sign In or Register to comment.