Preview Darth Revan’s Gear on SWGOH.GG [MEGA]

Replies

• Stenun
    851 posts Member
    See?
    I didn't even answer the question and people are resorting to ad hominem attacks and dismissing me as a troll. Why? Because they don't want to have to justify their Righteous Little Anger. So instead, they seek out a way to dismiss anyone who dares challenge it.

Phrases like "already earned this" BEFORE THE EVENT IS EVEN OUT are not making anyone else think the person making such claims is being unreasonable? Really? How exactly have they earned it before it's even out? Just because they took a punt and spent money on something without waiting to be told what to actually spend their money on? Maybe they should have waited to find out what they needed before deciding to spend their money on other things?

"Outrageous Business Practice" was, iirc, a way someone else tried to summarise things. I mean, really? A Pay To Win computer game is making you pay to win in a new way and suddenly that's an "outrageous business practice"? Nobody sees hyperbole there? Really?

Since I pointed out that the initial question was an attempt to set me up for ad hominem attacks, I've been accused of: "openly enjoying the misery of those who give one", "true troll", "100% troll" and even "new here". Thus completely proving my point. So I should at least thank you for that, I guess.
  • Stenun wrote: »

Yeah, I got that English wasn't your first language. And when I see someone post in English as their second language, I try and figure out where they are from based on syntax, grammar, sentence structure, etc. But I couldn't figure it out based on your post, hence why I asked. :-)

Yeah, I got that Rationality wasn't your first language. And when I see someone post in Trollish as their second language, I try and figure out what they are based on syntax, grammar, sentence structure, etc. But I could figure it out based on your post :D
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »

Yeah, I got that English wasn't your first language. And when I see someone post in English as their second language, I try and figure out where they are from based on syntax, grammar, sentence structure, etc. But I couldn't figure it out based on your post, hence why I asked. :-)

Yeah, I got that Rationality wasn't your first language. And when I see someone post in Trollish as their second language, I try and figure out what they are based on syntax, grammar, sentence structure, etc. But I could figure it out based on your post :D

So you go back through the thread to find old posts of mine and the one which you choose to reply to isn't one with any of my arguments? It's just one which you can twist to try and attack me?
    See my earlier point about ad hominem attacks.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    The entire point is to crush hoarders and those planning ahead.

What is obvious is the Wed night call to delay it and waiting until 3pm PST to announce it. Of course they knew people were talking about how they hoarded so they delayed it while they invented a new way to deal with people who found an "exploit"...how to get them and not spend.

Some bug in the game? Months and months to fix.

Nute and 2 Jawas breaks haat? Nerf asap.

They are very competent when they want to be.

Its shady...but what else would anyone expect from a game children play and has gambl...I mean "microtransactions"?

Eventually non gamers will begin to focus on such things in games kids are able to play...and all at CG/EA will have to own it.
  • Again, why so salty? In 8 days no one will even be talking about this. 8 days!

8 days if you buy 3 refreshes each day and spend it all on this.
    Thats 3 x 50 x 8 = 1200 crystals, PLUS
    having to wait 8 days for something that youve earned already, PLUS
    delaying your farming plans by 8 days.

So no, its not 'just 8 days'.
    Disgusting move from CG.

And dont have illusions, if this passes this time, you can expect same unannounced, immediate paywalls very frequently from now on, let it be for platoon, raids, new characters or whatever they please to force you to get.

I'll tell you what. If they offer packs for this gear, I'm going to buy them so I can show support for the game I like. That way you can play for free. I've got your back bro.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Funny post, we wanted to share with you the gear needed to upgrade Darth Revan so that you can get ready to start competing with him quickly but introduced two new gear items so that you can’t unless £££ is forthcoming.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Dude, just stop lol
    Just save it.

People have a legitimate reason to be a little upset.
    So let them be.

Quit wasting your time away trying to belittle them out of how they want to feel with your “ad hominen” and grasp for reasoning.

Just let them be
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Again, why so salty? In 8 days no one will even be talking about this. 8 days!

Disgusting move from CG.

And dont have illusions, if this passes this time, you can expect same unannounced, immediate paywalls very frequently from now on, let it be for platoon, raids, new characters or whatever they please to force you to get.

I'll tell you what. If they offer packs for this gear, I'm going to buy them so I can show support for the game I like. That way you can play for free. I've got your back bro.

Each to their own, I guess, but I would wait with any support for some changes that I actually want to encourage, not another obstacle being thrown at us.
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    I'm just interested to see how the pack for these pieces is priced. Given its a blue mat and a purple mat, they shouldn't really cost more than equivalent to 1400 crystals but hey ho, it'll likely be a $50 pack going by their previous form :|

Saying that, I probably wouldn't quibble if there was a $50 Revan starter pack that gave you most of the gear and a couple zetas. That would be a sensible approach

I would buy that in a second I hope they do it
  • Let's be honest and take a deep analysis to the whole Revan mess.

At first they released first 5 Old Republic characters past Summer. I remember them well while honeymooning in New Zealand. Only the wiser among us understood they would've been needed to unlock the not so famous Revan. It was brilliant: for those who used to play Knights of the old republic since 2003, a great reward.
    In order to unlock it, p2p players (myself indeed) were glad to pay for some crystals or refreshes.

So the sentence: I pay, I get a higher ground.

At second, they released four new Old Republic toons, and we all knew they would've been used to unlock Darth Revan. All of the community now had the intelligence to speed up the farming of the first two: Bastila Fallen and Canderous. All went fine until february:

February, the used-to-be Sith month, when they stated a change in the scheduling: a delay of the release of Juhani and Carth and the born of droid month. The bugged rework of Grievous was just a funny moment for those who kept focusing on Darth Revan farming scheme.

Nice trick I said, but a pity for the farming delay. I thought between me and me: if so much people will unlock Darth Revan, then what will be the meta shift from a current situation of PLENTY OF JEDI REVANs needed for?

I simply couldn't stand on the chance I will have to pay other 3 to 6 months doing mirror matches in the Arena. Only one thing helped me keep playing (other than my guildmates): the new meta with Darth Revan, even if not elitarian (I estimate that more than 50 people on my shard will unlock him - Thank you DROID MONTH!), will exclude that stupid zJolee situation. He could be resurrecting his jedi allies, but he's surely killing any Arena fun).
    What's the purpose of taking top 5 positions in Arena if not to have greater amount of Crystals?
    What's the purpose of having those crystals if not having an advantage compared on low level players?
    Whats the purpose of having this advantage if any player will be able to unlock the new Revan meta?

Stuck between pros and cons of the situation, here it is your final masterpiece: new gear that will restrict his usage.

If you really want to loose paying players, you could have asked us to stop giving you our money. It would've been easier for you.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    I can also see why some folks would be upset by this.

Myself, I had been considering whaling out a bit to get DR on his first pass, but was wavering because I didn't have the Sith Empire supporting toons powered up and it would have been several toons to gear all at once.

Now, I see that I would not only have to do that grind, but this new gear as well. Meaning that, without whaling out even more, I probably wouldn't have them meaningfully geared until the event comes back for its second time.

Conclusion: Thanks, CG, for giving me another reason not to whale out for this event!
  • DocDoom wrote: »
    Conclusion: Thanks, CG, for giving me another reason not to whale out for this event!

furthermore, they're causing whale extinction!
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator

Disgusting move from CG.

”Guys it’s just 8 days straight of farming a node stop complaining. Just be patient”

Also huckleberry “Screw that farm I’m going to buy it”

Try practicing what you preach. It’ll help you understand what others are on about
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »

Disgusting move from CG.

First of all, they over a pack. 100% sure.
    Also you don't support, they tricked you into spending.
    If there isn't a good way to farm that gear without money, you can spend what you want and play alone, because people stop playing...

Lol. How they tricked us?
    I assume you didn't payed for nothing in this game, so I just clear it for you.
    If the spenders DON'T spend on a free to play game, developers don't have incomes, which means YOU the nonspender DON'T have a game to play it for free.

We, who were willingly payed for some virtual stuff, pay for the time which for you who don't want to spend takes a lot of time and effort to get there for what we already payed.

Our problem is not with the new gear or the delay. The whole problem is the intentional lack of communication from the devs part.

If you can't feel the pain, at least don't attack those who made this game free for your kind

It's not about whether or not people spend, but when they choose to do it. Spending that coincides with a certain change to the game sends a signal that this kind of change brings money and therefore should be done more. Are you sure that this is the kind of change you want to encourage? I would rather wait to see the whole picture and support the change only if there's more to it than just a cash grab.
  • I can't believe this blatant and disgusting money grab. I hope more people quit in protest.

It's amazing how you keep finding ways to disinfranchise your player community on a regular basis. This is a successful game but the constant approach of trying to squeeze players wherever you can, stingy things like the Rancor sim rewards or increasing number of sims per day but reducing drop rate. I've played this game for over 3 years but I am getting sick and tired of this type of behaviour. I'll soon be leaving this game and I hope many others will leave to. You don't deserve the loyal fan base you have for this game.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Tiber wrote: »
    I can't believe this blatant and disgusting money grab. I hope more people quit in protest.

It's amazing how you keep finding ways to disinfranchise your player community on a regular basis. This is a successful game but the constant approach of trying to squeeze players wherever you can, stingy things like the Rancor sim rewards or increasing number of sims per day but reducing drop rate. I've played this game for over 3 years but I am getting sick and tired of this type of behaviour. I'll soon be leaving this game and I hope many others will leave to. You don't deserve the loyal fan base you have for this game.

What's wrong with the Rancor sim rewards? And when did any drop rates change?
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Crumb, my friend

You should've made a puzzle to reveal the new gear pieces

I had a good laugh when I came upon this.
    Well done
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    10 bucks says you get 1 of these pieces and a zeta or two as the unlock Revan reward achievement, and the other will be purchasable from a pack for a limited time only (i.e end of event)
  • Ultra wrote: »

Disgusting move from CG.

”Guys it’s just 8 days straight of farming a node stop complaining. Just be patient”

Also huckleberry “Screw that farm I’m going to buy it”

Try practicing what you preach. It’ll help you understand what others are on about

What's that? Didn't understand what you're saying.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Might as well go ahead and tell us that there will be gear packs to buy for DR for the low price of $69 for one piece. How did you think this was going to be received?? They day before you drop him??

$69 for a gear 8 piece? More than a $40 gear 12 piece? Surely that can't be justified, can it?
  • Mol9961
    71 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Maybe I’m missing this, but so bastilla and hk rework come today too? So do I have upgrade them for the event? I have bastilla and hk at g12 and the rest at g11. Will I go into the event as is, or with the reworked characters?
  • Hand rubbing intensifies!
  • DarthMarr wrote: »
    Mol9961 wrote: »
    Maybe I’m missing this, but so bastilla and hk rework come today too? So do I have upgrade them for the event? I have bastilla and hk at g12 and the rest at g11. Will I go into the event as is, or with the reworked characters?

I think you missed the thread

Probably. Are you able to help me out?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Mol9961

The reworks will drop with the update that pushed the event. The event will have the reworked versions that will be in your roster.