My Syndicated Arena

Replies

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Shard bullying is a sad excuse for people to feel strong and powerful in a mobile game. Just have fun playing at your own pace, in your own way, and knowing that you have better things going for you in real life than bullying others in a mobile game.

How do you know you've got better things going for you when you're complaining about unfair competition in a mobile game and even consider it to be bullying?
    While i'm sure some players get off on feeling powerful in a mobile game, i'm convinced most are just in it for better rewards and less shenanigans around PO so they get to enjoy real life a bit more instead of being glued to their phone around PO. Just a thought

All of which is perfectly fine until the mafia crosses the line and relegates a player to second place instead of putting them in the rotation, then proceeds to target said player because he doesnt agree to their crummy terms.....
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I don't know why you told them that you didn't want to join shard chat and work with them. You've brought this on yourself and now arena is gonna be a huge headache and you'll be lucky to get top 10.

And why? Because you really needed those extra 50 crystals every day that first gives you? You should have accepted his gracious invite and enjoyed your undisturbed place at #2.

Please explain how he brought this upon himself by not accepting being relegated to second place?..... Also, while you are at it, you can explain why those 50 extra crystals shouldn't be important to him, yet it's perfectly fine that his shard mafia protects them and targets him to protect them?

It's bunk like this that gives shard chats a bad rap, and rightfully so.....

Yes
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Down with the shard chat mafia! only sissies are in them!

its so fun to watch them whine and whine and whine when you take their "First" places! Noone is entitled to first in a PVP game like this! If you get beaten, Deal with it!
  • Options
    I'm one of those who were slightly "late" to the party. I'm in a launch shard but I haven't been in the top ranks for the first 6-12 months, only top 50-100. 1 year in, when I was ready to take top spots, the others had already established rotations as I found out. They let me in the shard chat, but I'm not "allowed" to be part of the rotation, but I still get all the other perks of being in the chat. They will protect me from shard enemies by locking me/them or attacking the enemies, won't attack me when my payout is coming up, and will sometimes even climb/change their teams so that I can pass. I'm only allowed to take rank 4 at best every day, but that's ok. I don't regret joining the chat at all because 350 crystals is still better than being a shard enemy who gets focused 24/7 and dropped to 100 overnight.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    MultUA wrote: »
    If there is no solution for this garbage, I would prefer to leave the game and stop paying EA)

Wanna bet you’ll still pay EA and still hang around? Cause if you actually believe a word you just wrote, you would have already quit by now.

• Options
    I'm one of those who were slightly "late" to the party. I'm in a launch shard but I haven't been in the top ranks for the first 6-12 months, only top 50-100. 1 year in, when I was ready to take top spots, the others had already established rotations as I found out. They let me in the shard chat, but I'm not "allowed" to be part of the rotation, but I still get all the other perks of being in the chat. They will protect me from shard enemies by locking me/them or attacking the enemies, won't attack me when my payout is coming up, and will sometimes even climb/change their teams so that I can pass. I'm only allowed to take rank 4 at best every day, but that's ok. I don't regret joining the chat at all because 350 crystals is still better than being a shard enemy who gets focused 24/7 and dropped to 100 overnight.

Good for you for being a sad little sheep. eating the scraps your given lol. I would argue you are the problem. Omg some people in the arena might attack me oh no , let me join your little , pillow fight party, cause i don't wanna actively participate in the pvp mode. God yall are pretty sad. Then to defend it , is even worse. Hey im afraid of these shard chat guys , so i do whatever they say, and you should too, because we might have to fight in a pvp arena, omg who would have thunk.
  • Options
    This is so sad hearing about mafia/enemies/shard chat banning players from climbing rightfully but the excuse is pay out pay out imagine the first billionaire sabotage all the millionaires.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    This is so sad hearing about mafia/enemies/shard chat banning players from climbing rightfully but the excuse is pay out pay out imagine the first billionaire sabotage all the millionaires.

Well the whole idea of an arena is a place where people fight it out and it makes sense that people use whatever means is necessary to fight. This isn’t a pyjama party. You either join the gang or create one of your own and beat the gang. Complaining that it isn’t fair makes little to no sense given the context of the arena.

• Options
    evoluza wrote: »

Good for you for being a sad little sheep. eating the scraps your given lol. I would argue you are the problem. Omg some people in the arena might attack me oh no , let me join your little , pillow fight party, cause i don't wanna actively participate in the pvp mode. God yall are pretty sad. Then to defend it , is even worse. Hey im afraid of these shard chat guys , so i do whatever they say, and you should too, because we might have to fight in a pvp arena, omg who would have thunk.

This is also sad.
    You seem salty and angry.
    You may miss the social interaction between you and your shard mates.

Lol , yeah you think so, look again lol.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Lol. Some of you still don't get it. I'm going to type nice and slow so everyone will understand.

Squad arena is not PVP. It's PVE. All teams can win on offense. The AI is bad. That is by design - and why shard chats exists. The best teams don't win. CG designed it that way on purpose. That's also why they won't (and shouldn't) do anything to change it.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Shard bullying is a sad excuse for people to feel strong and powerful in a mobile game. Just have fun playing at your own pace, in your own way, and knowing that you have better things going for you in real life than bullying others in a mobile game.

How do you know you've got better things going for you when you're complaining about unfair competition in a mobile game and even consider it to be bullying?
    While i'm sure some players get off on feeling powerful in a mobile game, i'm convinced most are just in it for better rewards and less shenanigans around PO so they get to enjoy real life a bit more instead of being glued to their phone around PO. Just a thought

All of which is perfectly fine until the mafia crosses the line and relegates a player to second place instead of putting them in the rotation, then proceeds to target said player because he doesnt agree to their crummy terms.....

Right, so you're fine with "collusion" as long as players aren't excluded?
    How do you feel about 2 players working together locking eachother out for 15/10min during their pay-out? A very effective way to relegate others to #3 or lower, no mafia like behaviour with offers you don't want to refuse and certainly no group effort vs 1 player.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    A question for everyone who dislikes shardchats:
    How do you guys feel about a player trying to snipe as many PO as possible just to mess with others and/or to establish dominance?
    Would your awnser chance if you knew there wasn't a shardchat active on that leaderboard? (or if there's a shardchat if you assumed there wasn't one when awnsering the first question).
  • Options

This is also sad.

Still salty about that heartbreaking feeling, when you can't talk to your shard chat.

I have never and will never look for a shard chat, so ive never spoken to one, your assumptions just make you look like a, well, Donkey for forum purposes.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

This is also sad.

Still salty about that heartbreaking feeling, when you can't talk to your shard chat.

I have never and will never look for a shard chat, so ive never spoken to one, your assumptions just make you look like a, well, Donkey for forum purposes.

https://swgoh.gg/p/774938997/
    assuming this is you, that's not a particulary ballsy statement.
  • Options
    I love reading these threads as its so interesting from both sides. Having been on both sides of a shard chat its funny to me how people react.

Shard chats generally cannot "drop people back out of the top 50" because they are not that big. Once you are outside their range they really cannot do anything too you since you can only battle people ahead of you unless you are in the top 3. As for the "collusion" side, people can throw that word around and claim anything. If you message someone, happen to have a guild mate in the same shard or just look up someones payout could fit that description. Before I was invited to my shard chat I did all those thing to make sure I caused the least impact around me, and in return I rarely got targeted during my climb. Fleet was the same, while I had some issues climbing with people in there it wasn't long before I could climb to first without getting sniped or blocked.

Maybe its my playing style but to me this is a mobile game, as such I am try not to let it interfere with real life. When the shard chats reached out to me, I accepted the offer they made, not because I couldn't climb to 1st, proven that I could in both, but to make MY life easier. All these people that want to "Burn down the shard mafia" and "take first 24/7 to disrupt them", I hope its worth your time and effort for the results you are getting. I know some chats are nasty, I am lucky mine wasn't, but at the end of the day its what matters to YOU, if you want to be in one then join, if you want to "fight it out" 24/7 then go for it. But even by reaching out to others can be claimed as collusion so lets not pretend you have some high moral ground here
  • Options
    The simple solution that would completely eliminate the need for this problem would be to award you the current payout for the highest arena rank achieved in the 24 hr cycle. You’d still have to have an awesome team to beat the top teams in your shars, but it wouldn’t matter when your payout time was because as soon as you beat #1 you’d get the payout at your reset time. Done. A few more people would get number one rewards than currently do, but again, you’d have to still have a great arena team to be at that level. So CG could alter the crystal payout structure to achieve continued crystal balance and prevent crystal saturation. No more arena mafias.

The whole thing about targeting other players is just a crock, find better things to do with your life. And CG really can’t defend NOT doing anything, b/c there's no defense for it, otherwise it’s just: No Bullying Allowed - Unless Of Course You Are At The Top Of Your Arena Shard! Whole idea of it just makes me livid - it’s this that makes me happy that I’m not that high in my shard and don’t care to ever be as long as it exists. How is this principally different from the screen lock out/encrypted files/ransom hacking scams?
  • Options

Lol you are completely missing my point. It has nothing to do with being a little sad sheep. I just prefer a less stressful arena life with still good rewards. If I didn't co-operate with my shard chat I would not only have to stress about my arena every single day, I'd also get a significantly lower amount of crystals per day due to being focused 24/7. So you are blaming me for preferring a laid back arena life with good rewards over a super stressful arena life with little rewards? Nice logic buddy.
  • Options

This is also sad.

https://swgoh.gg/p/774938997/
    assuming this is you, that's not a particulary ballsy statement.

Not trying to be ballsy lmao , just showing you are taking out of the wrong end , and shouldnt just assume
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Shard chats in and of themselves are fine. Easy way to coordinate po's, but that should be where it should end.

Just sux that some shard chats have complete tossers running them.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I just love how this topic will never go away and be brought up every now and again.

I am in a shard chat. I do not feel entitled to a certain spot every day. We do rotate spots. If someone is in my spot and I cannot beat them then that spot is theirs regardless if it’s their payout. Being in a shard with three people from mighty wallets, one from the Wolfpack, another from Wolfpack is the bossk (or whatever they’re calling themselves today), and a ton of other savages, I’ve been in a position where I wasn’t fast enough to gear and mod a new team. I didn’t whine about it to the shard. I didn’t demand anyone drop their team. They would if I asked but that’s not how our shard works. We earn our spots. Not by being active for years or some other ****, but by being just as good if not better than everyone else.

Being in a shard chat does not guarantee me anything. Being competitive does. After ever time I was behind the 8 ball, I was able to craft a team that would consistently win and holds pretty decently on defense.

Contrary to popular belief, that’s only half of what’s necessary for arena. Being active and ruthless at your payout or even throughout the day (selectively) in some cases is the other half. Being able to hold your position through battles and lockouts is key. Shard chats remove the necessity of that in most cases. However, if some Johnny come lately arrives with his brand new DR, JKR, or anti meta team and expects to win without a fight, I will be more than happy to show that player how wrong they are and they need to be prepared to spam the battle button while I hold my position while refreshing battles. I’ll snipe them from the worst position possible for them. In the end I will win regardless of any chat. The chat just removes the necessity of battling against the people with the same attitude.

Eventually those without that attitude of winning at all costs disappear. That’s not because of the shard chat, though. It’s befause they don’t have the will to win.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Listen, no one here is against the shard chats, PO managements etc.

The question is why the hell someone is telling me to stay at a certain place during my PO time?)

@MultUA because you just climbed from top 100 to top 10. If it were me, I would have beat you into submission first and then asked if you wanted a spot second, if at all.

I’ve played for a long time. Almost since the start. Do you know how many times I’ve seen people come out of nowhere, trying to take first, only to disappear because they lose interest? Add into it that I’m competitive and I want first, too. If it were me in first every day already, why would I offer a rotation or give up without a fight knowing that chances are you will just disappear eventually?
  • Options
    When you take an oath of fealty to your shard chat, it is a sacred oath. The shard chat is the way and the light...
  • MultUA
    21 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    sying wrote: »
    Listen, no one here is against the shard chats, PO managements etc.

The question is why the hell someone is telling me to stay at a certain place during my PO time?)

@MultUA because you just climbed from top 100 to top 10. If it were me, I would have beat you into submission first and then asked if you wanted a spot second, if at all.

I’ve played for a long time. Almost since the start. Do you know how many times I’ve seen people come out of nowhere, trying to take first, only to disappear because they lose interest? Add into it that I’m competitive and I want first, too. If it were me in first every day already, why would I offer a rotation or give up without a fight knowing that chances are you will just disappear eventually?

What if I tell you that I was already playing for a long period of time when the fleet was added to the game?)

What if I tell you that I hold 1st in fleet arena for a year and I am a member of a fleet-shard chat) and I would never offer someone any specific place)

Lets say I was more docused on my fleet and my guild business, paying less attention to the ground characters and regular shard.

And getting back to those “<i>people come out of nowhere, trying to take first, only to disappear because they lose interest</I>”.Are you 100% sure they’ve lost interest not because of you syndicated actions against them?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    @MultUA I don’t know if you deleted your post or what, but I would still like to respond to it.

I know you maintain 1st in arena. I looked already. That’s great for you.

Just to give you an idea, my shard waited forever to have a chat. It was over a year before we started. In that year, those of us who formed the chat had battled against each other and come to respect each other. Moreover, there are people outside of the chat for various reasons that I respect because of their perseverance.

There are a lot more who came and went. There are some that when they buy the new toon show up in the top 10 for a while and then drop back again. We don’t as a collective necessarily drop people back as far as we can just for the fun of it. We do climb around each other and we do block for each other from time to time. If I’m picking a fight with someone it’s on me, not the shard.

People have their own reasons for not wanting to stay at the top. Time, willpower, whatever. It doesn’t make a difference to me. They don’t last and unless they beat me at my game then I don’t see why I have to share even one day with them.

I know this is just my shard and every one is different. This is just how it operates for us. In fact, my ship shard is pretty similar. I will admit I get asked to train someone back in the ship shard a lot. I don’t particularly like the people that I get asked to do that to so I hit them every chance I get anyway.
  • Alinoe
    68 posts Member
    Options
    You can have "personal" conversation on your personal phone with your personal mom tbh, this guy threatens me in game chat which he not own. All you dudes from this mafia should be banned ASAP