Update on zFinn Changes Coming Next Update [MEGA]

15678911Next

Replies

  • Keydash1
    279 posts Member
    Spydrebyte wrote: »
    Since u made the in game feedback super convoluted ill vent my frustration here. I'm not happy with the rework, it was said finn would still b viable pvp, what a joke, the team i made for him in now useles and its a wasted zeta.

    Finn lead is (IMO) much worse PVP. However, Finn is much more viable under RJT lead than he used to be. Finn went from a lead with 2 useless moves and 1 okay move to a mediocre lead with 3 solid moves.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »
    Spydrebyte wrote: »
    Since u made the in game feedback super convoluted ill vent my frustration here. I'm not happy with the rework, it was said finn would still b viable pvp, what a joke, the team i made for him in now useles and its a wasted zeta.

    Finn lead is (IMO) much worse PVP. However, Finn is much more viable under RJT lead than he used to be. Finn went from a lead with 2 useless moves and 1 okay move to a mediocre lead with 3 solid moves.

    Which means there are 10 Resistance characters in the game, but you can only make one decent team out of them. At least before you could make two teams that would be viable across multiple game modes.
  • YaeVizsla
    3175 posts Member
    Which means there are 10 Resistance characters in the game, but you can only make one decent team out of them. At least before you could make two teams that would be viable across multiple game modes.
    No, it means there are 11 Resistance characters in the game, and the better of the two leads has so astonishingly many options available to her that you can easily spare Finn for a second team that can do well enough to be useful.

    JTR, BB-8, R2, Holdo, Scav

    Finn, Poe, Pilot, Trooper, Rose

    And that's setting aside the fact that JTR works well with out-of-faction.
    Still not a he.
  • Gth
    279 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Which means there are 10 Resistance characters in the game, but you can only make one decent team out of them. At least before you could make two teams that would be viable across multiple game modes.
    No, it means there are 11 Resistance characters in the game, and the better of the two leads has so astonishingly many options available to her that you can easily spare Finn for a second team that can do well enough to be useful.

    JTR, BB-8, R2, Holdo, Scav

    Finn, Poe, Pilot, Trooper, Rose

    And that's setting aside the fact that JTR works well with out-of-faction.

    On paper, sure. In reality no. I re zeta'd Finn, trusting EA. His lead sucks now. So does the team he leads. Totally regret it and severely disappointed.

  • Keydash1
    279 posts Member
    The vast majority of people could only make two decent Resistance teams if they brought in droids to supplement the RJT team, or they went undersized.

    The new situation is perhaps slightly worse, but not by much.
    - You can now use R2 and C3PO with Rebels and still have a very good RJT squad.
    - Almost nobody has Rose farmed and geared.
    - Very few people have Holdo farmed and geared.
    - That leaves RJT, BB8, Scav, Trooper, Finn, Poe, and Pilot.

    Only Poe and Pilot lose their usefulness. And Pilot was never very good. From my perspective, the Finn change was mostly a Poe nerf. Finn is still quite useful, but Poe went from good to garbage. At least Poe has a good ship.

    And if you do have all the Resistance geared up, the new Finn lead is still okay. It's no longer a Top 10 lead, but it's probably still in the top 25% or so. For comparison, I think it's better than the recently reworked Grievous lead. Another comparison, the Rebels have 12 leaders. Only CLS is clearly has a better leader ability - Wedge, Ackbar, and Jyn are at a similar level, and the others are pretty clearly worse.
  • Phoenixeon
    1090 posts Member
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    The vast majority of people could only make two decent Resistance teams if they brought in droids to supplement the RJT team, or they went undersized.

    The new situation is perhaps slightly worse, but not by much.
    - You can now use R2 and C3PO with Rebels and still have a very good RJT squad.
    - Almost nobody has Rose farmed and geared.
    - Very few people have Holdo farmed and geared.
    - That leaves RJT, BB8, Scav, Trooper, Finn, Poe, and Pilot.

    Only Poe and Pilot lose their usefulness. And Pilot was never very good. From my perspective, the Finn change was mostly a Poe nerf. Finn is still quite useful, but Poe went from good to garbage. At least Poe has a good ship.

    And if you do have all the Resistance geared up, the new Finn lead is still okay. It's no longer a Top 10 lead, but it's probably still in the top 25% or so. For comparison, I think it's better than the recently reworked Grievous lead. Another comparison, the Rebels have 12 leaders. Only CLS is clearly has a better leader ability - Wedge, Ackbar, and Jyn are at a similar level, and the others are pretty clearly worse.

    Poe benefits the most from this change, he can really expose ppl and reduce TMs steadily now thanks to finn's new leadership.
  • YaeVizsla
    3175 posts Member
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    The vast majority of people could only make two decent Resistance teams if they brought in droids to supplement the RJT team, or they went undersized.

    The new situation is perhaps slightly worse, but not by much.
    - You can now use R2 and C3PO with Rebels and still have a very good RJT squad.
    - Almost nobody has Rose farmed and geared.
    - Very few people have Holdo farmed and geared.
    - That leaves RJT, BB8, Scav, Trooper, Finn, Poe, and Pilot.

    Only Poe and Pilot lose their usefulness. And Pilot was never very good. From my perspective, the Finn change was mostly a Poe nerf. Finn is still quite useful, but Poe went from good to garbage. At least Poe has a good ship.

    And if you do have all the Resistance geared up, the new Finn lead is still okay. It's no longer a Top 10 lead, but it's probably still in the top 25% or so. For comparison, I think it's better than the recently reworked Grievous lead. Another comparison, the Rebels have 12 leaders. Only CLS is clearly has a better leader ability - Wedge, Ackbar, and Jyn are at a similar level, and the others are pretty clearly worse.
    I question your, "That leaves," list.

    Any significant change can tweak what's a worthwhile investment. Finn changed, so farming priorities to get a Resistance team rolling change a bit. A Rose farm is more valuable as a result of this change. That does not mean disregard Rose.

    Holdo has long been acknowledged outside of hardline anti-TLJ circles as an excellent Resistance tank, especially now that Kenobi's gone back to Jedi, and back in the day Holdo's AoE daze was a bane for Palp teams.

    Also, until 3PO dropped, if you wanted two five-person Resistance teams, you needed to farm all of them; anybody left out meant one team or the other would have to draw out-of-faction. So that's not a new sitch.

    Also, while Poe could definitely do with a rework, he's not trash post-change. New Finn is as much about control as TM gain, and that bonus potency both lets Poe drain that 125% TM more consistently and land more exposes, which has long been a problem. And popping multiple bubbles at once does multiple TM gains/reductions and cooldown reductions now, making his AoE expose very useful.

    Pilot's just filler, though. Always was.
    Still not a he.
  • I agree that it is widely accepted that Holdo is decent. But in my experience only whales and TLJ fans bothered to farm and gear her, since there are far more pressing hard node priorities. Few people felt the need to push hard for 10 resistance since RJT worked fine with droids. Why farm Holdo when Chopper works just as well, and you already have him?

    It's true the potency boost helps Poe. But he's just about the squishiest taunting tank in the game. Under the new Finn lead, the enemy is going to take some turns.

    And I did say that the new Finn lead is fine if you have everyone geared up. Just not as good as the old lead.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »
    I agree that it is widely accepted that Holdo is decent. But in my experience only whales and TLJ fans bothered to farm and gear her, since there are far more pressing hard node priorities. Few people felt the need to push hard for 10 resistance since RJT worked fine with droids. Why farm Holdo when Chopper works just as well, and you already have him?

    It's true the potency boost helps Poe. But he's just about the squishiest taunting tank in the game. Under the new Finn lead, the enemy is going to take some turns.

    And I did say that the new Finn lead is fine if you have everyone geared up. Just not as good as the old lead.

    That's actually one of the nice things about the FInn rework is that it allows him to steal the taunt from Poe rather than just relying on it dropping off and he can heal everyone now, not just himself. So the Finn rework does kind of cover for Poe's squishiness.
Sign In or Register to comment.