Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

  • @Torr You still lose the chance for credits by him not setting squads. How's that fair?
  • ImYourKnightBro
    18 posts Member
    edited May 28
    Also, just setting fleet in an GA event with both fleet and toons is not good strategy ... It's being mean ... If it was strategy, like they wanted to use their power toons on offense, then they'd at least put in their junk toons (that they know their not gonna use on offense anyway) on D to keep a good gaming environment. Their goal IS to screw you out if credits...unless they REALLY ARE THAT IGNORANT.
  • I've come across opponents not filling all the slots and agree it does take from the fun if not just a lost opportunity at some credits.

    On the flipside I find opponents that don't bother and having it auto set and never even attack. I do have a wider roster making it that I have been out matched at times. If I was to not defeat a squad my opponent could win without ever attempting a battle just having a marginal higher GP.

    Haven't read every post here but has anyone suggested a first attempt point bonus even if not defeating a squad to ensure the ones that want to play get a slight advantage to those that only wait for the payout?
  • John Mark, I see your point. However, I'd take a chance at something over a guaranteed nothing every time. My suggestion would entail the following. You would lose an opportunity to startegize, but from reward stand-point, autoset should put their weakest toons in instead of their strongest. And if 5 squads are required with them putting in 2 squads, the remaining 3 should autofill weak toons.
  • The suggestion I gave above prevent malicious intent. The best option, I believe, is just making it where you cannot proceed in a GA until all squads are filled. Easy fix!
  • I mean, hey, they did click the join button to start with, so...yeah.
    And if they don't enter GA or fill all squads after joining, then it should be an auto-forfeit rewarding the round rewards and max credits to their opponent as a consolation for not being able to play that round's GA
  • Dk_rek
    3160 posts Member
    I mean, hey, they did click the join button to start with, so...yeah.
    And if they don't enter GA or fill all squads after joining, then it should be an auto-forfeit rewarding the round rewards and max credits to their opponent as a consolation for not being able to play that round's GA

    That would certainly shut the people whining about it up. Just give em their precious credits and lets MOVE ON to important stuff
  • Dk_rek
    3160 posts Member
    Also, just setting fleet in an GA event with both fleet and toons is not good strategy ... It's being mean ... If it was strategy, like they wanted to use their power toons on offense, then they'd at least put in their junk toons (that they know their not gonna use on offense anyway) on D to keep a good gaming environment. Their goal IS to screw you out if credits...unless they REALLY ARE THAT IGNORANT.


    Quit telling people how to play or inferring people are stupid because they dont play the way YOU want them too. Its just stale man stale
  • TVF
    15937 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I mean, hey, they did click the join button to start with, so...yeah.
    And if they don't enter GA or fill all squads after joining, then it should be an auto-forfeit rewarding the round rewards and max credits to their opponent as a consolation for not being able to play that round's GA

    That would certainly shut the people whining about it up.

    Nothing will stop that.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3160 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I mean, hey, they did click the join button to start with, so...yeah.
    And if they don't enter GA or fill all squads after joining, then it should be an auto-forfeit rewarding the round rewards and max credits to their opponent as a consolation for not being able to play that round's GA

    That would certainly shut the people whining about it up.

    Nothing will stop that.

    sad thing is your right..... but maybe would reduce the people crying about it to the point where it's not the only discussion going on in a sea of more important issues needing to be addressed first.
  • Gannon
    1473 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I mean, hey, they did click the join button to start with, so...yeah.
    And if they don't enter GA or fill all squads after joining, then it should be an auto-forfeit rewarding the round rewards and max credits to their opponent as a consolation for not being able to play that round's GA

    That would certainly shut the people whining about it up.

    Nothing will stop that.

    sad thing is your right..... but maybe would reduce the people crying about it to the point where it's not the only discussion going on in a sea of more important issues needing to be addressed first.

    The way I see it, they're only hurting themselves. It's really dumb when you think about it, considering how many opponents don't bother or forget to attack. you could've easily won a few rounds and gotten better free rewards due to a draw, but you decided to shoot yourself in the foot.
  • Lysandrax
    248 posts Member
    edited May 28
    People have always complained that GA is unfair because it match-makes off GP which they boosted for TB.
    TW also always just worked off GP match-making of the entire guild and has existed only slightly shorter a time than TB.
    From that it is already apparent that individuals decided to inflate their rosters for a trade-off of higher PvE rewards at the expense of PvP rewards.
    Others understood this relationship at the time and did the inverse, kept their rosters lean for TW to have the advantage.
    In my opinion any change to the GP matchmaking system now is irrefutably unfair. PvP people should keep the advantage they have enjoyed working towards and those who inflated GP will have this new TB map which will be sure to demand inordinate amounts of GP and PvE prowess
    Post edited by Lysandrax on
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    Well, whatever changes are coming to the game and GA, they are hopefully coming in July.
    The trade off however is no GA in June at all.. ehh the most interesting part of the game is shut down for a month :(
  • TRanger
    292 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    People have always complained that GA is unfair because it match-makes off GP which they boosted for TB.
    TW also always just worked off GP match-making of the entire guild and has existed only slightly shorter a time than TB.
    From that it is already apparent that individuals decided to inflate their rosters for a trade-off of higher PvE rewards at the expense of PvP rewards.
    Others understood this relationship at the time and did the inverse, kept their rosters lean for TW to have the advantage.
    In my opinion any change to the GP matchmaking system now is irrefutably unfair. PvP people should keep the advantage they have enjoyed working towards and those who inflated GP will have this new TB map which will be sure to demand inordinate amounts of GP and PvE prowess

    It has been said over and over again that you still benefit from those broad rosters. Unless you have been under a rock and have paid no attention..TB is a guild event and everyone in your guild receives the same rewards at the end..the game mode doesn't reward broad rosters different from lean rosters. All rewards are the same !!! And you will also benefit from the new TB as you always have in any TB.

    If you want to go with that argument..then instead it fixing GA to match real "same " rosters, then lets tier reward TB to award those with broad rosters, better then lean ones and throw in some zatas for the broad guys carrying you. Then according to your argument the game would give advantage to broad for TB and lean for GA. That is your argument here!
  • Dk_rek
    3160 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    People have always complained that GA is unfair because it match-makes off GP which they boosted for TB.
    TW also always just worked off GP match-making of the entire guild and has existed only slightly shorter a time than TB.
    From that it is already apparent that individuals decided to inflate their rosters for a trade-off of higher PvE rewards at the expense of PvP rewards.
    Others understood this relationship at the time and did the inverse, kept their rosters lean for TW to have the advantage.
    In my opinion any change to the GP matchmaking system now is irrefutably unfair. PvP people should keep the advantage they have enjoyed working towards and those who inflated GP will have this new TB map which will be sure to demand inordinate amounts of GP and PvE prowess

    It has been said over and over again that you still benefit from those broad rosters. Unless you have been under a rock and have paid no attention..TB is a guild event and everyone in your guild receives the same rewards at the end..the game mode doesn't reward broad rosters different from lean rosters. All rewards are the same !!! And you will also benefit from the new TB as you always have in any TB.

    If you want to go with that argument..then instead it fixing GA to match real "same " rosters, then lets tier reward TB to award those with broad rosters, better then lean ones and throw in some zatas for the broad guys carrying you. Then according to your argument the game would give advantage to broad for TB and lean for GA. That is your argument here!

    Thank murphy someone gets it.... the other guy thinks its somekknd of miscarriage of justice not being able to auto 24 battles take his loot and roll

    So yeah like this guy said.... make TB individual enough carrying these leano deploynothings
  • Dk_rek
    3160 posts Member
    Ouch this guy has all the goodies.....

    I’m almost starting to feel sorry for them.... im not but almost.

    He should still get 2 good chances to play
  • Lysandrax
    248 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    People have always complained that GA is unfair because it match-makes off GP which they boosted for TB.
    TW also always just worked off GP match-making of the entire guild and has existed only slightly shorter a time than TB.
    From that it is already apparent that individuals decided to inflate their rosters for a trade-off of higher PvE rewards at the expense of PvP rewards.
    Others understood this relationship at the time and did the inverse, kept their rosters lean for TW to have the advantage.
    In my opinion any change to the GP matchmaking system now is irrefutably unfair. PvP people should keep the advantage they have enjoyed working towards and those who inflated GP will have this new TB map which will be sure to demand inordinate amounts of GP and PvE prowess

    It has been said over and over again that you still benefit from those broad rosters. Unless you have been under a rock and have paid no attention..TB is a guild event and everyone in your guild receives the same rewards at the end..the game mode doesn't reward broad rosters different from lean rosters. All rewards are the same !!! And you will also benefit from the new TB as you always have in any TB.

    If you want to go with that argument..then instead it fixing GA to match real "same " rosters, then lets tier reward TB to award those with broad rosters, better then lean ones and throw in some zatas for the broad guys carrying you. Then according to your argument the game would give advantage to broad for TB and lean for GA. That is your argument here!

    I honestly dont think youve understood what i have said.
  • TRanger
    292 posts Member
    edited May 29
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    People have always complained that GA is unfair because it match-makes off GP which they boosted for TB.
    TW also always just worked off GP match-making of the entire guild and has existed only slightly shorter a time than TB.
    From that it is already apparent that individuals decided to inflate their rosters for a trade-off of higher PvE rewards at the expense of PvP rewards.
    Others understood this relationship at the time and did the inverse, kept their rosters lean for TW to have the advantage.
    In my opinion any change to the GP matchmaking system now is irrefutably unfair. PvP people should keep the advantage they have enjoyed working towards and those who inflated GP will have this new TB map which will be sure to demand inordinate amounts of GP and PvE prowess

    It has been said over and over again that you still benefit from those broad rosters. Unless you have been under a rock and have paid no attention..TB is a guild event and everyone in your guild receives the same rewards at the end..the game mode doesn't reward broad rosters different from lean rosters. All rewards are the same !!! And you will also benefit from the new TB as you always have in any TB.

    If you want to go with that argument..then instead it fixing GA to match real "same " rosters, then lets tier reward TB to award those with broad rosters, better then lean ones and throw in some zatas for the broad guys carrying you. Then according to your argument the game would give advantage to broad for TB and lean for GA. That is your argument here!

    I honestly dont think youve understood what i have said.

    I do understand what you said..and stand by my comment. If full agreement @Dk_rek.

    Flip the matching where every toon can only be used once then let's see who is the last standing. The winner is the one who can pick off the most toons. Or not allow any g12 Zata toons to compete only allow non Zata or non g12 toons. Then I guess I would be in your position as well.

    Continue to penalize broad because somehow you are entitled because you play against the spirit of the game and shortcut the system. CG has stated "it should always feel good to level up a character." Right now a few people don't because of GA...how is this game enjoyment?

    I say put all of you in the same sandbox and you can take turns throwing sand at each other allow the rest of us to play the game as designed.

    TB= all win
    TW=lean win (currently)
    GA= lean win (currently) vs no competition.
    Because of GP matchmaking.

    What else do you want....you built lean so vs lean. Or don't match with gp and let us all just match vs anyone and allow the blood bath to begin.

    For the past six months lean have gotten some pretry sweet rewards at all lean levels. Where as others have gotten very little. Reread all the post.. people have given up on the GA game mode they no longer try because of matching. The current matching is killing the game and that wasn't what it was intended or designed to do.
  • Lysandrax
    248 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    People have always complained that GA is unfair because it match-makes off GP which they boosted for TB.
    TW also always just worked off GP match-making of the entire guild and has existed only slightly shorter a time than TB.
    From that it is already apparent that individuals decided to inflate their rosters for a trade-off of higher PvE rewards at the expense of PvP rewards.
    Others understood this relationship at the time and did the inverse, kept their rosters lean for TW to have the advantage.
    In my opinion any change to the GP matchmaking system now is irrefutably unfair. PvP people should keep the advantage they have enjoyed working towards and those who inflated GP will have this new TB map which will be sure to demand inordinate amounts of GP and PvE prowess

    It has been said over and over again that you still benefit from those broad rosters. Unless you have been under a rock and have paid no attention..TB is a guild event and everyone in your guild receives the same rewards at the end..the game mode doesn't reward broad rosters different from lean rosters. All rewards are the same !!! And you will also benefit from the new TB as you always have in any TB.

    If you want to go with that argument..then instead it fixing GA to match real "same " rosters, then lets tier reward TB to award those with broad rosters, better then lean ones and throw in some zatas for the broad guys carrying you. Then according to your argument the game would give advantage to broad for TB and lean for GA. That is your argument here!

    I honestly dont think youve understood what i have said.

    I do understand what you said..and stand by my comment. If full agreement @Dk_rek.

    Flip the matching where every toon can only be used once then let's see who is the last standing. The winner is the one who can pick off the most toons. Or not allow any g12 Zata toons to compete only allow non Zata or non g12 toons. Then I guess I would be in your position as well.

    Continue to penalize broad because somehow you are entitled because you play against the spirit of the game and shortcut the system. CG has stated "it should always feel good to level up a character." Right now a few people don't because of GA...how is this game enjoyment?

    I say put all of you in the same sandbox and you can take turns throwing sand at each other allow the rest of us to play the game as designed.

    TB= all win
    TW=lean win (currently)
    GA= lean win (currently) vs no competition.
    Because of GP matchmaking.

    What else do you want....you built lean so vs lean. Or don't match with gp and let us all just match vs anyone and allow the blood bath to begin.

    For the past six months lean have gotten some pretry sweet rewards at all lean levels. Where as others have gotten very little. Reread all the post.. people have given up on the GA game mode they no longer try because of matching. The current matching is killing the game and that wasn't what it was intended or designed to do.

    You're bringing up way too many points to tackle in a post man.
    Do you believe that any GP matchmaking changes placed on GA (if any) should also be placed on TW?
  • TRanger
    292 posts Member
    edited May 29
    Yes I do, the same applies....people want PVP they want competition...no one wants lopsided matches...but this goes deeper...and guilds need to take a good hard look at those that do little participation. Otherwise...you get want you deserve.....because even in a fair match if all who sign up and contribute to that GP that got you that match don't fully participate...you will lose all the same.

    I am only speaking as too what I see and read In the forums and In the game I have personally experienced. But this encompasses several years and months.
  • TRanger wrote: »
    Yes I do, the same applies....people want PVP they want competition...no one wants lopsided matches...but this goes deeper...and guilds need to take a good hard look at those that do little participation. Otherwise...you get want you deserve.....because even in a fair match if all who sign up and contribute to that GP that got you that match don't fully participate...you will lose all the same.

    I am only speaking as too what I see and read In the forums and In the game I have personally experienced. But this encompasses several years and months.

    Well at least you're consistant in wanting the change for both.
    My GAs are boring because no one stands a chance against me as i am so lean no one bothers to fight me, it's incredibly boring so I mean when i say i welcome change.
    However i found the equal match-making of both TW and GA to be a great reflection of an individuals bearing on the TW matchups as well.
    Perhaps if the change was made for both i would be less concerned about these changes
  • TRanger
    292 posts Member
    I'm in full agreement with your statement...I like to compete..and if I were to progress to a point in a "championship" and ended up facing opponents like yourself at least I would have earned it. But to be feed losses almost 2(X) week for 6 months. Kills the spirit of that game feature. Same goes for TW...but I see the biggest part of the problem lays with guild mates ghosting and throwing matches, by not setting defense or bother attacking. The walls of O.P. toons not owned but...to be fair they have lost that Spirit due to the matching. You can only lose so many times before you give up trying and go play something else!
  • evoluza
    2170 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    I'm in full agreement with your statement...I like to compete..and if I were to progress to a point in a "championship" and ended up facing opponents like yourself at least I would have earned it. But to be feed losses almost 2(X) week for 6 months. Kills the spirit of that game feature. Same goes for TW...but I see the biggest part of the problem lays with guild mates ghosting and throwing matches, by not setting defense or bother attacking. The walls of O.P. toons not owned but...to be fair they have lost that Spirit due to the matching. You can only lose so many times before you give up trying and go play something else!

    You descriping lige play.
    We NEED liges or division how they called it in the leaks. Ranking player by winning losing and rank them up or down, depending how often they win or lose in that division.
    This features everting GA needs.
    Fair matches, when you hit the appropriated division.
    A seens for progress, because some might want in a higher division, to get higher rewards. This also means potential income for CG.
    And also an competitive playground, with features like a leaderboard, division rewards and that stuff.
    Seems obvious and straight forward.
    I don't know why they still work on gp matching...
  • Gannon
    1473 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    People have always complained that GA is unfair because it match-makes off GP which they boosted for TB.
    TW also always just worked off GP match-making of the entire guild and has existed only slightly shorter a time than TB.
    From that it is already apparent that individuals decided to inflate their rosters for a trade-off of higher PvE rewards at the expense of PvP rewards.
    Others understood this relationship at the time and did the inverse, kept their rosters lean for TW to have the advantage.
    In my opinion any change to the GP matchmaking system now is irrefutably unfair. PvP people should keep the advantage they have enjoyed working towards and those who inflated GP will have this new TB map which will be sure to demand inordinate amounts of GP and PvE prowess

    It has been said over and over again that you still benefit from those broad rosters. Unless you have been under a rock and have paid no attention..TB is a guild event and everyone in your guild receives the same rewards at the end..the game mode doesn't reward broad rosters different from lean rosters. All rewards are the same !!! And you will also benefit from the new TB as you always have in any TB.

    If you want to go with that argument..then instead it fixing GA to match real "same " rosters, then lets tier reward TB to award those with broad rosters, better then lean ones and throw in some zatas for the broad guys carrying you. Then according to your argument the game would give advantage to broad for TB and lean for GA. That is your argument here!

    I honestly dont think youve understood what i have said.

    Flip the matching where every toon can only be used once then let's see who is the last standing. The winner is the one who can pick off the most toons. Or not allow any g12 Zata toons to compete only allow non Zata or non g12 toons. Then I guess I would be in your position as well.

    i argued for this same thing when GA first came out. It would make it much more strategic if there were fewer nodes per round, but you could only use teams once per entire GA. really wish this were the direction they had gone, there would be much fewer "lean rosters"
  • I realize I am about to barraged by angry dissidents who have been on the opposite side of this equation and to whom I am not going to respond. There will also be those who agree. None-the-less:

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/CG_SBCrumb It is quite clear and even acknowledged by the devs changing the GA matching algorithm that broad roster players have been punished both in enjoyment and rewards. While, at the same time, lean players at least benefited in rewards, even if not in enjoyment. Therefore I suggest that broad players be compensated with some combination of the rewards given since the launch of GA.

    I have lost count of the number of Zetas I never had a shot at while others collected them easily. Over the months since the GA launch it must be hundreds. Let alone the other available rewards. I think it only appropriate that those who played by the spirit of the game in collecting and improving (at a cost) as many toons as possible not be left punished and suffering for enjoying the game as it was intended (and the way that maximizes profit).
  • Rath_Tarr
    2320 posts Member
    I have lost count of the number of Zetas I never had a shot at while others collected them easily. Over the months since the GA launch it must be hundreds.
    Uh no. Zetas are only awarded for squad-only GAs which account for about half of them and you get a max of 3 for a win so almost certainly less than a hundred even for a perfect record and much less for a player who generally finishes mid-pack, which will be the majority.

  • evoluza
    2170 posts Member
    I realize I am about to barraged by angry dissidents who have been on the opposite side of this equation and to whom I am not going to respond. There will also be those who agree. None-the-less:

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/CG_SBCrumb It is quite clear and even acknowledged by the devs changing the GA matching algorithm that broad roster players have been punished both in enjoyment and rewards. While, at the same time, lean players at least benefited in rewards, even if not in enjoyment. Therefore I suggest that broad players be compensated with some combination of the rewards given since the launch of GA.

    I have lost count of the number of Zetas I never had a shot at while others collected them easily. Over the months since the GA launch it must be hundreds. Let alone the other available rewards. I think it only appropriate that those who played by the spirit of the game in collecting and improving (at a cost) as many toons as possible not be left punished and suffering for enjoying the game as it was intended (and the way that maximizes profit).

    This most be a joke. How could someone say this and being serious?
    You now there is always one on last place. Unfortunately that's you.
    Accept that. And now you deserve yourself a git gud.
  • Dk_rek
    3160 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I have lost count of the number of Zetas I never had a shot at while others collected them easily. Over the months since the GA launch it must be hundreds.
    Uh no. Zetas are only awarded for squad-only GAs which account for about half of them and you get a max of 3 for a win so almost certainly less than a hundred even for a perfect record and much less for a player who generally finishes mid-pack, which will be the majority.

    George washington chopped down the cherry picking tree and stuck down evil with the might hammer of not bickering - The Shoveler “mystery men”
  • Dk_rek
    3160 posts Member
    edited May 30
    evoluza wrote: »
    I realize I am about to barraged by angry dissidents who have been on the opposite side of this equation and to whom I am not going to respond. There will also be those who agree. None-the-less:

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/CG_SBCrumb It is quite clear and even acknowledged by the devs changing the GA matching algorithm that broad roster players have been punished both in enjoyment and rewards. While, at the same time, lean players at least benefited in rewards, even if not in enjoyment. Therefore I suggest that broad players be compensated with some combination of the rewards given since the launch of GA.

    I have lost count of the number of Zetas I never had a shot at while others collected them easily. Over the months since the GA launch it must be hundreds. Let alone the other available rewards. I think it only appropriate that those who played by the spirit of the game in collecting and improving (at a cost) as many toons as possible not be left punished and suffering for enjoying the game as it was intended (and the way that maximizes profit).


    You now there is always one on last place. And now you deserve yourself a git gud.

    Cyan signal


    So hard to get it through peoples heads THERE is NO GET GUD in this system. Hopefully its fixed in GAC honesly i vote for site bans for all people rubbing ppls faces in stuff with this git gud TRASH
Sign In or Register to comment.