36633 posts Member
    Options
    There are free to play whales

@Edward ?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Swgohevents have just posted on reddit that he is back on 13/06. Hope this benefits some people.

And before all the posts whining about CG not posting it here first start popping up, they still have until Thursday to announce the event on the official forums, in line with the character release/event schedule.

Source post: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bwni1y/the_next_scourge_of_the_old_republic_will_be/

Can't wait with my 4* bastila :(
  • panzer
    48 posts Member
    Options
    It seems I'm not the only having an over 2 months bad streak on shards drop.
    Same as many people above, I've been farming since DR was announced and I'm not even near finishing Juhani and Carth.
    Less than 20% drop rate on all toons required for DR doesn't help. And yes, I've been refreshing nodes at least once a day, but 1 shard out of 10 attempts pretty much every single day is ****.
  • Options
    imqxv3cijdou.jpg

Was hoping to get DR this time around and Malak the 3rd time he shows his face. 72/100 BSF, 33/100 Carth, and 6/100 Juhani. It feels just barely possible but everything would have to go perfectly, even gambling on the OR DR packs for 699c or so.
    Oh well, like people have said CG has probably done their research and this is their move to make the last bit of profits on the character before a lot of, if not most, players can obtain him without paying.
    I'll just keep plodding along and hopefully snag both on their 3rd returns like I did JKR.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • Options
    Slippyfist wrote: »
    Shanad wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    That was fast, at least two weeks earlier than expected.

Yep. Combined with the drop from 8 to 5 attempts on nodes, it just seems like a not-so-subtle attempt to bleed people of their crystal reserves, or force f2p who don't finish at the top of their respective arenas to cough up some money for crystals.

I'll get him, but I know a lot of people who are gong to miss out - by about two weeks worth of shards.

I’m not lying. I’m a ftp who spent all the refreshes attempts from day 1 they officially stated which characters are needed for DR. This drop from 8 to 5 attempt plus the earlier re-release means I have no chance to get him. I’m 45/100 for juhani and 4/100 for Carth -_-‘
    I’m sorry for my guild, everyone is sacrificing others useful pg farming for TW and BT because of DR...and then we get this punch in the face.

I got DR first time around without spending any $. Started farming all the OR toons the moment they were farmable.

Exactly this. The first go round I'm sure some people weren't ready, but many predicted that you would need the OR toons. This go round is different. People knew exactly what to farm if there was any doubt before.

After the first event I'm sure most people realized there was a strong possibility that DR would return in June or July. I prioritized other farms and plan to get him on his 3rd appearance. People who aren't ready or almost ready most likely side farmed for DR or didn't farm at all.

I can understand people complaining that Hard Node farms make it a pain to get the DR team ready (Caaaaaaarth!), but people complaining that the DR event is (unconfirmed but most likely) coming back right around the time most people expected him to? That's on you. If you knew for a fact you wanted to be ready for DR you should have focus farmed the toons. With just under 3 months you had enough time. Maybe not for the 100% F2P but that still goes back to the Hard Node issue, not the release schedule.

Someone else a few posts back (not gonna dif for the quote) said something about soma and they were spot on. These OR toons unlocked at 3 star. You then need 250 shards to get to 7 star. At 33% (average) drop rate, 10 sims a day will get a toon to 7 star in 84 days. With the ‘back to normal’ 5 battle limit, this requires 1 refresh per day per toon...4 toons makes 100 crystals in node refreshes. DR toons are farmable in cantina, LS, and fleet battles. You get (total with bonuses) 375 regular energy and 165 fleet and cantina energy per day. You need 240 for the 2 cantina toons, so that’s another 100 crystals. You don’t even need to refresh the others. 84 days + 200 crystals/day + hk in the squad store = 5 toons at 7 star
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Nice. Cheers for the heads up.

Carth is 76/100 but ready to go to g12 straight away.

The rest are 7* and g12.
  • Shanad
    5 posts Member
    Options

.....At 33% (average) drop rate = 5 toons at 7 star

This. Is. Not. Happening.
    33% average is smtg i and many others never experienced.
    If I do 10 battles and get 0-1 shards that’s NOT 33% and this **** happens every single day.

• Options
    Mhmacleod wrote: »
    *Looks at my Carth*

...I don't want to talk about it.

Saaaaaame here,
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    Options
    If it's truth I'm pleased. :) I'm waiting for this **** too long. Now only thing i need is 68400 currency in guild event store for malak.. :# (for those who don't know- 15 shards of malak cost 5700 gec :))
  • Options
    I'm not ready, but that's mostly because I started a little late on Juhani. I probably should have started farming her right alongside Dark Bastilla but I didn't. So she's at 17/100 right now but I honestly could skip my Droideka/ship, IG-2000, and NS Zombie farms for the next couple weeks and just straight up refresh her node 4 times-ish and probably get there. It's Carth that's the real grind but thankfully he's less than 10 shards away.

Hopefully my less than ideal gear on Juhani and HK can work, if nothing else I'll slap the zeta on HK if needed. xD

If Malak does come right on the heels of DR there's no way in hell I'll get him. I just don't have the gear reserves to get HK/Canderous/Juhani/Big Z/Mission to 17500 while also getting DR there. So third time's the charm I guess. lol
  • Options
    Regarding Darth Malak:

Let's assume that getting Darth Revan will be a "no-brainer" and let's assume that Malak will return two or three weeks after.
    Darth Revan needs to meet like:
    L85
    Ablities at Omega-Level, plus ONE Zeta (which one will be best for the event?)
    G8+3
    Mods 6x 5A

= 17527 GP

Would that configuration be enough as a bare minimum to finish the event? If not, what do you consider as a minimum confi? Thanks in advance... :-)
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    If I do 10 battles and get 0-1 shards that’s NOT 33% and this **** happens every single day.
    That's confirmation bias.

Track your drops.
    Still not a he.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    That's confirmation bias.

Track your drops.

Yep, what Yae said. It is 33% over all attempts at any one hard node. It may take up to 1000 attempts to truly see this, there will be runs of 0/25 tries and other runs of 25/25 tries. Both are rare and outliers.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Regarding Darth Malak:

Let's assume that getting Darth Revan will be a "no-brainer" and let's assume that Malak will return two or three weeks after.
    Darth Revan needs to meet like:
    L85
    Ablities at Omega-Level, plus ONE Zeta (which one will be best for the event?)
    G8+3
    Mods 6x 5A

= 17527 GP

Would that configuration be enough as a bare minimum to finish the event? If not, what do you consider as a minimum confi? Thanks in advance... :-)

Supposedly yes. DS is supposedly easier than LS. I didn’t meet criteria to try DS last time
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My guild mate did Malak with g8 Darth revan. Here is a pic of what he used (he had two zetas).

**Min for event: Level 85, gear 8+5 pieces, all omegas, one zeta, last two skills 7, all 5A mods = 17700 GP. Can do it.**

jjuij9dl2hpk.png

kqoa2cuksbl2.jpg
  • Options

Yep. Combined with the drop from 8 to 5 attempts on nodes, it just seems like a not-so-subtle attempt to bleed people of their crystal reserves, or force f2p who don't finish at the top of their respective arenas to cough up some money for crystals.

I'll get him, but I know a lot of people who are gong to miss out - by about two weeks worth of shards.

I’m not lying. I’m a ftp who spent all the refreshes attempts from day 1 they officially stated which characters are needed for DR. This drop from 8 to 5 attempt plus the earlier re-release means I have no chance to get him. I’m 45/100 for juhani and 4/100 for Carth -_-‘
    I’m sorry for my guild, everyone is sacrificing others useful pg farming for TW and BT because of DR...and then we get this punch in the face.

I got DR first time around without spending any $. Started farming all the OR toons the moment they were farmable.

Exactly this. The first go round I'm sure some people weren't ready, but many predicted that you would need the OR toons. This go round is different. People knew exactly what to farm if there was any doubt before.

After the first event I'm sure most people realized there was a strong possibility that DR would return in June or July. I prioritized other farms and plan to get him on his 3rd appearance. People who aren't ready or almost ready most likely side farmed for DR or didn't farm at all.

I can understand people complaining that Hard Node farms make it a pain to get the DR team ready (Caaaaaaarth!), but people complaining that the DR event is (unconfirmed but most likely) coming back right around the time most people expected him to? That's on you. If you knew for a fact you wanted to be ready for DR you should have focus farmed the toons. With just under 3 months you had enough time. Maybe not for the 100% F2P but that still goes back to the Hard Node issue, not the release schedule.

Someone else a few posts back (not gonna dif for the quote) said something about soma and they were spot on. These OR toons unlocked at 3 star. You then need 250 shards to get to 7 star. At 33% (average) drop rate, 10 sims a day will get a toon to 7 star in 84 days. With the ‘back to normal’ 5 battle limit, this requires 1 refresh per day per toon...4 toons makes 100 crystals in node refreshes. DR toons are farmable in cantina, LS, and fleet battles. You get (total with bonuses) 375 regular energy and 165 fleet and cantina energy per day. You need 240 for the 2 cantina toons, so that’s another 100 crystals. You don’t even need to refresh the others. 84 days + 200 crystals/day + hk in the squad store = 5 toons at 7 star

Thank you for all the math! Those numbers definitely reinforce the point I was trying to make. In fact, the math makes it even more attainable than I initially thought! Can't blame CG this time, only unfocused farming lol
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options

Thank you for all the math! Those numbers definitely reinforce the point I was trying to make. In fact, the math makes it even more attainable than I initially thought! Can't blame CG this time, only unfocused farming lol

Excuse me? Wait just one minute now... but first allow me to lol :joy: at your comment. Okay...

Sorry in advance if I’m reading this wrong, but I’ve been farming the DR required toons ever since they came out and I still have yet to get them 7 star. And I’ve been doing multiple refreshes on their nodes. I do have Canderous and HK (obviously HK) at 7 star... but my Carth Juhani and Badstila are around the 6 star range. And if you read prior posts and threads on here, I’m not the only one who is in this boat.

I’m sorry but with all do respect it’s not as you call it “unfocused farming”, it’s the bad drop rate that we’ve been getting. Some people have been luckier and some haven’t. It’s as simple as that. No matter what people will say, like drop rate is 30-33% and I know that, but rng of drop rates do change daily. You can’t honestly tell me for every day in the past month or even the past week that you’ve gotten the exact same amount of Carth Juhani and Badstila shards every single day. Rng is weird that way. Some days I’ve gotten 0 out of even multiple refreshes. And some days I’ve gotten 3 off of multiple refreshes. That’s where the drop rate is flawed. What if you get a bad streak of 0-1 in a row?...

Also to note, I get top 50 in both arenas most days (sometimes top 100 in squad if I’m sniped last second), so farming multiple things is very easy for me as I have a very good crystal flow.

TL;DR. We all have our own experience with it. Drop rate isn’t always 30-33% per say. Farming a node for you might be easier for you and harder for the next one or vice versa. It also varies by node. I can guarantee you that I’m not the only one who’s encountered this. Hence other comments in this thread, other threads, and even guild mates and friends of mine.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    Options
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

Excuse me? Wait just one minute now... but first allow me to lol :joy: at your comment. Okay...

Sorry in advance if I’m reading this wrong, but I’ve been farming the DR required toons ever since they came out and I still have yet to get them 7 star. And I’ve been doing multiple refreshes on their nodes. I do have Canderous and HK (obviously HK) at 7 star... but my Carth Juhani and Badstila are around the 6 star range. And if you read prior posts and threads on here, I’m not the only one who is in this boat.

I’m sorry but with all do respect it’s not as you call it “unfocused farming”, it’s the bad drop rate that we’ve been getting. Some people have been luckier and some haven’t. It’s as simple as that. No matter what people will say, like drop rate is 30-33% and I know that, but rng of drop rates do change daily. You can’t honestly tell me for every day in the past month or even the past week that you’ve gotten the exact same amount of Carth Juhani and Badstila shards every single day. Rng is weird that way. Some days I’ve gotten 0 out of even multiple refreshes. And some days I’ve gotten 3 off of multiple refreshes. That’s where the drop rate is flawed. What if you get a bad streak of 0-1 in a row?...

Also to note, I get top 50 in both arenas most days (sometimes top 100 in squad if I’m sniped last second), so farming multiple things is very easy for me as I have a very good crystal flow.

TL;DR. We all have our own experience with it. Drop rate isn’t always 30-33% per say. Farming a node for you might be easier for you and harder for the next one or vice versa. It also varies by node. I can guarantee you that I’m not the only one who’s encountered this. Hence other comments in this thread, other threads, and even guild mates and friends of mine.

It's not just rng like you trying to say. I started farming right afer first event and now i'm ready for malak. And my arena is 100-50. And i'm pure ftp. So you must had do something wrong.. did you buy shards for crystals? Maybe don't collect all toons at the same time just two to 7* hard node plus cantina then another pair.. that's how i did it and there was days when not a single shard was given so..
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Please god I hope malak doesn't come right after
    So it should come before?

Ultra, in my opinion, you win the internet for the day!
    I got a genuine, public laugh at that. People on the train are still giving me sideways glances!
  • Options
    Well, still not confirmed... I'm confused ^^
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    Options
    You guys do realize that this is still not officialy confirmed. SWGOH Events is not an official source and it has been wrong before.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Spharynx01 wrote: »
    Well, still not confirmed... I'm confused ^^

This week isn't over yet. It should be announced today...unless they think it will make people very upset. Then Friday.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    Strojař wrote: »

It's not just rng like you trying to say. I started farming right afer first event and now i'm ready for malak. And my arena is 100-50. And i'm pure ftp. So you must had do something wrong.. did you buy shards for crystals? Maybe don't collect all toons at the same time just two to 7* hard node plus cantina then another pair.. that's how i did it and there was days when not a single shard was given so..

lol. No. I didn’t do anything wrong mate.

No. I didn’t buy shards for crystals. I’ve been farming them from their nodes. Your drop rate had to have been better than mine if you have all the toons 7 star already. That’s just common sense.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    There are free to play whales

@Edward ?

Actually just spat coffee out.. lmao
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    This week isn't over yet. It should be announced today...unless they think it will make people very upset. Then Friday.
    People getting angry over the Friday thing is so dumb.
    Still not a he.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    People getting angry over the Friday thing is so dumb.

Lol - no, I know. I just think CG actually does do the "Friday, bad news..." thing on purpose, to allow the weekend for people to blow of steam.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Strojař wrote: »

lol. No. I didn’t do anything wrong mate.

No. I didn’t buy shards for crystals. I’ve been farming them from their nodes. Your drop rate had to have been better than mine if you have all the toons 7 star already. That’s just common sense.

My drop was the same as the othes but i bought shards from spared crystals and that is why I have them 7* now. Because buying 25 shards for 2000 crystals is better than spend same amount for refreshes where is drop chance. For example carth onasy was half bought from shippnemts... you say you didn't do anything wrong but i say you could do things definitely better.
    (Sorry for grammar.. )
  • Faffyd
    38 posts Member
    Options

I started farming toons for the Darth Revan event around the time of he was first released, I already had hk47 7*

I used a few crystals for refreshes and made the most from the double drop event, but haven’t bought any shards at all

I now have them all 7* and ready for both Revan and Malak

I don’t know if that’s a better or worse drop rate than anybody else but it didn’t seem too bad