TB: both or choose

Replies

• Psychosaur
    27 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    2) I'm seeing a lot of questions about rewards. Generally they're along the lines of "Can I still receive GET from Geonosis?" CG_Cyanides recently wrote here that players would be able to get GET and GET MK II from Geonosis. So those players that are still pursuing Hermit Yoda, Wampa, and other goodies in the GET store can still make progress towards them WHILE also making progress on Geonosis goodies.
    The question is, that will it compare in amounts on a lower expected performance on Geo (less stars due to increased difficulty)? Otherwise you’re really forcing guilds to plainly ignore Geonosis.
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    Options
    In all honesty which I wonder how many people know or realise but don't say this is pretty much CG messing us around and taking stuff away as usual, the only difference this time is it's in open daylight and they can't slyly hide it as a small change and hope people take it as a necessity.

This 10 year or so ridiculous plan requires players to be slow and never anywhere near to set on completion, the game started it's life as a slow crawl with too many characters to collect not enough ways to do it and not enough energy to begin with and slowly they brought that standard up slightly bit by bit to allow more progress and collection in relation to the initial roster potential... down the line this was acceptable to them because content was added more and more to mean this larger collection a player will have won't quite measure up to the new content roster, they realised bit by bit that they allowed us too much catch up to completion of rosters...

They lowered hard node attempts and such and they still add more content to help keep the completion at bay but they realised that they haven't slowed the whales too, at least not enough to keep them far enough from complete collection for the next bits of content continuously rolled out and so I'm sure it's this reason whales are becoming more annoyed, its this reason zetas are in more demand and increasing in need exponentially and finally also this that they almost certainly deemed enough to slow everyone enough for the time to plan and add more content at a rate that no one is near to being complete.
  • Scrumpy
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb Let me get this rite, You bring in the most important gear piece this game has seen for quite some time, and you largely tie the acquisition of that piece to a new territory battle, no problem so far.
    You then add a new event currency to this tb, warning sounds begin to go off here.
    And finally you make it so we can only do the new or the old one.

Are you actively trying to break up the communities these events are designed for?
    Forcing guilds to split not necessarily due to power or ability but due to need. Some still require things from the original tb but competitive guilds will be chasing g13 not to mention those still chasing max stars.

As for it lessening the strain on the player base, hoth has almost become routine to many guilds now, it's not exactly taxing or time consuming.

For the life of me I cannot see the logic in this.

Please, please enlighten me.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    They will run simultaneously but the guild's officers will choose which one your guild will participate in. You can't do both Geo TB and Hoth TB at the same time.

@CG_TopHat you want to way in on the devastating effect this will have on guilds also?

I've got to add, with the news of this coming out I thought well done CG, you've put the effort in and given us a great new challenging part to a game we love. But once again within a matter of hours you've turned it into another Up Yours gesture to the community.
    Congrats
    Post edited by Scrumpy on
  • Options
    We want to give guilds who have mastered Hoth something to really challenge their strong rosters, while also giving other guilds incentives to work towards beating/building their rosters.
    You cannot work towards something you will not try beating (as you still need stuff from Hoth, so high chances you’ll opt for that rather)
  • Aayla
    200 posts Member
    Options
    I have a question for the developers. Will there be any changes to the Fulcrum Prestigious quest in regard to the required completion of the rouge one mission at quest 3/4. I ask because it will be impossible to get this done when my guild always decides for the geonosis tb and the better rewards it will probably come along.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Options
    Aayla wrote: »
    I have a question for the developers. Will there be any changes to the Fulcrum Prestigious quest in regard to the required completion of the rouge one mission at quest 3/4. I ask because it will be impossible to get this done when my guild always decides for the geonosis tb and the better rewards it will probably come along.

It is not just Fulcrum a lot of ppl i know still are stuck at 1 phase of Boba quest to get 50 wampas. Also only possible to do in Hoth TB.
  • Notworking
    173 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I'm disappointed too, that it's a choice between geo or hoth TB as i thought it would help balance out the pve v pvp content, unfortunatly it doesnt do that and leaves those players and guilds who have little interest in TW/ grand arena being marginalised.
    As we have to make a choice, can we choose geo TB instead of a TW as both are 4 days.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I mean, a simple solution would be to allow us to run both but we could get GET I from one and get GET II from two so we could not get too much GET I or II from one of them.

Get it?
  • Othorion
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Q
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Couple things I wanted to hop in here and clarify.

3) I'm also seeing a fair bit of consternation around how only one can be selected at a time. I'll offer that this decision didn't come lightly in the studio and that we considered a lot of different options. Through all of our planning this just made the most sense given the variety of different players and playstyles in the game. We want to give guilds who have mastered Hoth something to really challenge their strong rosters, while also giving other guilds incentives to work towards beating/building their rosters.

A very bad decision! Why don’t you let the players/guilds decide if the game is too time consuming or not? I don’t see a problem with running both events, as Hoth is mainly autoplay, anyways. But you’d I take away the chance to finish IPD, to achieve the „full stars“ Quest and just plain lots of rewards for guilds who are nearly at the point to get all the Hoth stars (like mine). And of course everyone in a similar situation like us has to get ready for and play Geo as soon as possible, as this will be the source for the G12 finishers and as you well know Gear 13 Chars are going to rule all other aspects of the game. So to stay competitive this is necessary!

And it suck.s in general to bring new content only at the expense of older stuff. Making Hoth simmable would be a much better solution imho. I really hope you think again about this decision and are going to reconsider!!!
  • Options
    So Vader's Fist and Rebel Scum just became the most unachievable/pointless titles. You need 210m+ gp for Vader's Fist and at that point why would you ever be running Hoth. Because it won't be for the 5 Wampa Shards!!
    As a guild that is just about to reach that milestone I can't describe how soul crushing this is.
  • Options
    Othorion wrote: »
    Q

3) I'm also seeing a fair bit of consternation around how only one can be selected at a time. I'll offer that this decision didn't come lightly in the studio and that we considered a lot of different options. Through all of our planning this just made the most sense given the variety of different players and playstyles in the game. We want to give guilds who have mastered Hoth something to really challenge their strong rosters, while also giving other guilds incentives to work towards beating/building their rosters.

A very bad decision! Why don’t you let the players/guilds decide if the game is too time consuming or not? I don’t see a problem with running both events, as Hoth is mainly autoplay, anyways. But you’d I take away the chance to finish IPD, to achieve the „full stars“ Quest and just plain lots of rewards for guilds who are nearly at the point to get all the Hoth stars (like mine). And of course everyone in a similar situation like us has to get ready for and play Geo as soon as possible, as this will be the source for the G12 finishers and as you well know Gear 13 Chars are going to rule all other aspects of the game. So to stay competitive this is necessary!

And it suck.s in general to bring new content only at the expense of older stuff. Making Hoth simmable would be a much better solution imho. I really hope you think again about this decision and are going to reconsider!!!

This sums up my view well. It should be up to the guild if they think its to time consuming. The fact that the first 3-4 days of Hoth are reasonably easy means the harder 5th and 6th phases where the organization is required would be outside the Geo Map.

As another suggestion put out there, lower or drop the MK1 Get if the worry is to much currency.

When (if) we have new raids come out, is the same going to apply? Only run a certain amount of raids and sacrifice others?
  • mali3538
    105 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Q

I had similar post...but they deleted it....."this post must be approved"....i wonder how many posts was deleted today... :wink: ...a bit different but similar :D
  • UdalCuain
    5022 posts Member
    Options
    mali3538 wrote: »
    Q

I had similar post...but they deleted it....."this post must be approved"....i wonder how many posts was deleted today... :wink: ...a bit different but similar :D

That's not deleted, it's caught in the spam filter due to editing too quickly or making multiple posts in rapid succession.

If you tag @Kyno (like so), he should be able to restore it for you.
  • Doneeta
    157 posts Member
    Options
    The biggest problem I see, if you can get max stars in the old TB, but the difficulty is so high on the Geo TB that your guild can’t get any stars! You’ve lost a whole TB worth of income!

That might be extreme, but in a lower end guild on the threshold, that choice could be the reality since you can only do one of them!
  • Catarax28
    184 posts Member
    Options
    I've been through a lot with CG... but this decision actually tops it all of. You pratically have cancelled the LS TB, and made the gap between the haves and have nots even wider. CG never cancelled events before, and was supposed to make the gap smaller by only giving pre-phoenix characters the new G13 status.

We all were looking forward to some new content..well that has soured quite quickly!

I could think of a ton of alternatives! Too much to do for high-end players? What a lame excuse. Can i trade two TW's to get our Hoth back? Maybe cancel arena, that takes a lot of time..EVERY DAY... at the SAME time! Are you also saying that this game is so addictive that players don't have a choice how much time they spend on it? If that's the case, might want to call in the authorities to investigate this matter!

Since we're introducing choice in the game... can i also choose where to spend my energy on, and get rid of that 5-attempts cap? Can we also choose to do more STR raids instead of simming Pit and doing HAAT? Heck, can I also choose to do the Bug TB instead of the DS TB? Or even choose when to launch it?

I spend a lot of my time to help guilds recruit and get healthy again.... why, cause I like to see players enjoy this game. This will break up a lot of guilds...again, i think CG is against this game being enjoyable.

Bad..bad....bad decision! Back to the drawing board...and fire somebody..thanks!
  • Options

The most sense given the variety of players etc is NOT to hinder content but allow us to do both TBs. There are 4 phases in the Geo TB and the first 3 phases of Hoth TB are not very difficult or time consuming - surely an overlap could be achieved here.

Allowing both TBs still provides challenging content to those who have already mastered Hoth while other guilds can still work towards that goal at the same time as making attempts on Geonosis. Basically a no brainer.

• miketo
    139 posts Member
    Options
    At first I thought this was reasonable, lower guilds have something to worktowards. Fine. However, the fact that guilds need to choose which one to run may split the guild. We don't know the rewards yet, but I assume some people will favor 40 stars worth of rewards in Hoth versus the 27 stars in Geo, while others in the guild will prefer the other.

Wait and see, but not thrilled with this decision. I still haven't completed the quests for perfect completion in either Hoth. Looks like I may never now as well.
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    Skipping ahead on the 4-5 pages long relevant and interesting debate on the definition of “concurrently” I must say that forcing ppl to chose is not the best way to solve this and a heads up early would have been nice.

I can only speak for our guild but I assume many others are in the same position. A lot of our members have invested a lot of expensive gear in very specific squads which are basically only useful for Hoth tbs in order to get max or close to max stars on the LS/DS versions. Now that investment is basically useless because if we want to get access to the high end stuff in the new store we have to do the Geo TB (sure somesquads can maybe be hsed in tw/ga but there would have been a lot of other better squads to invest in for that purpose).

The decision to reduce the ipd/organa shards also makes even less sense now. What was the reasoning behind that?
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    Options
    I can't believe we're on page 3 of "what does concurrently mean?"

Congratulations, internet.

Username checks out 😂
  • Catarax28
    184 posts Member
    Options
    CG can we have an open and honest discussion about this decision? Cause the reasons we're getting are nonsense. Is it technical too complex to implement a new TB? Same as you are canceling GA for a whole month to implement this tournament? Is it too hard to implement alternative solutions without delaying the implementation of TB? Is it about fear of loss of further profits?

You NEVER took away content from player. Quality of life improvement? let's sim the HPIt. In all the years, we only gained new content, and that was exciting!

If it's a techinical issue... just take a few more weeks to fix things. We can wait. If it's about us getting too much rewards, Cap Hoth TB, like you did the node atttempts. This is not the right solution. We've been getting excited for months about this new Bug TB, and we do need a new challenge, do't make people choose between new content, or old content!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

Username checks out 😂

Lol @ThisYeezy !
  • Options
    There should be a poll for this.
    I think forcing us to choose between new and old is ridiculous. I highly doubt that we can bail from Geonosis because its difficult and drop into hoth to gain rewards.
  • Options
    Catarax28 wrote: »
    CG can we have an open and honest discussion about this decision? Cause the reasons we're getting are nonsense. Is it technical too complex to implement a new TB? Same as you are canceling GA for a whole month to implement this tournament? Is it too hard to implement alternative solutions without delaying the implementation of TB? Is it about fear of loss of further profits?

You NEVER took away content from player. Quality of life improvement? let's sim the HPIt. In all the years, we only gained new content, and that was exciting!

If it's a techinical issue... just take a few more weeks to fix things. We can wait. If it's about us getting too much rewards, Cap Hoth TB, like you did the node atttempts. This is not the right solution. We've been getting excited for months about this new Bug TB, and we do need a new challenge, do't make people choose between new content, or old content!

But aren't TB already capped at 3 stars per section and a max star count overall? I don't understand how further restrictions would be possible.
  • Options
    As sensible as the devs want to make this not many will see it that way. SW+Freemium+internet= rage lol

No one likes to be told they are too short to get on a ride.

This will break up guilds just as every raid and other guild content does.

Either CG really really knows the playerbase so well that it is making LittleFinger type chess moves or they do not at all.

What do I know though. I only see knee **** reactions on a forum the devs don’t even like. Maybe this will boost spending astronomically.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

Username checks out 😂

Lol @ThisYeezy !

I'm glad someone got it 😅
  • Options
    Also this really preys on the fears a lot of people have with the health and future of this game. Not saying it’s correct data wise. This does not help newer players catch up and will most likely have players leave.

I’m fully aware the game has been doing well for 3 years despite all this but this club is getting more roomy to dance in lol but doesn’t make me so sure I will be coming to this club in a year.

Again I’m fully aware of that every time someone has said this will decrease spending it has done the opposite lol I still think it’s a bad move to choose the oldest content to the newest.
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    They will run simultaneously but the guild's officers will choose which one your guild will participate in. You can't do both Geo TB and Hoth TB at the same time.

You're kitten kidding me? Seriously?? ****ing shambles mate. This is pathetic.
  • Options
    I would love a clear and concise Dev response on how this is a good thing for us? Do you think we would spend too much time in the game if we could participate be in both at the same time? Having 2 active TBs or TB/TW does not sound hard at all, it sounds like some fun content that could actually fill all of the down time due to lack of pve content. We want more content, not replacement content.