Missing cancelled GA rewards

Replies

• TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Oh no they're cancelling TB and I already battled today!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11522 posts Moderator
    Options
    The communication manager would be out of job if he doesn't have any further communications to do!
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Apologies for the confusion. The Double Drops are the additional events we scheduled to make up for the lack of TBs this month. This is not designed to be a one to one replacement for all the materials you would have earned from GA but it gives you the option to focus on farming whatever gear and squads you need to prepare for Grand Arena Championships.

I'm grateful for the double drops, they are the reason I'm ready for DR, and I've finished a few side projects too. So firstly, thanks very much.

But you should have put a sentence in the double drop announcement stating that they were the replacement for the missing GA rewards, rather than just saying they were to help the community prepare for GAC. Then all confusion could have been avoided from the outset.

Anytime a compliment is followed by a "but" the compliment is null and void. I appreciate it, but.... let me tell you what could be better. Say what you mean.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Apologies for the confusion. The Double Drops are the additional events we scheduled to make up for the lack of TBs this month. This is not designed to be a one to one replacement for all the materials you would have earned from GA but it gives you the option to focus on farming whatever gear and squads you need to prepare for Grand Arena Championships.

We appreciate the communications you guys try to do, but man get a communication manager at CG department because you post out a lit if confused updates and threads about what you will do and when and how which is not always clear to the community. And you know SW fun base, we love to play the theory games.
    He's great, things are fine. If they are confusing, they follow-up later on

Maybe they should go back to being quiet all the time so that people can't complain about things never said

So your answer to misinformation is no information? Hahaha. What a world.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    [He's great, things are fine. If they are confusing, they follow-up later on

Maybe they should go back to being quiet all the time so that people can't complain about things never said

People complain when its quiet, and people complain when they say things. Most of those that complain appear to be better at complaining, than actually playing the game.
  • Options
    Hi folks,

And how this compensates the fact that challenges drop 0 zetas and 0 omegas? Double from nothing is still nothing.
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    Options
    this is like when someone borrows money off you, and then gives you money for your birthday and says that they've paid you back
  • Options
    Yeah because making me spend crystals to obtain content in the game is TOTALLY an acceptable replacement for the missing zetas, omegas, and slicing materials. I swear it is almost like they don't want us to like the game or have fun playing it.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    The double drops are running concurrently with our GA offset rewards!

Seriously though, they did say they would offset the rewards, not provide direct compensation. As soon as the double drops were announced I thought it was the offset they were talking about. I really didn't think there was anything else coming, but it seems a lot of folks did.

I dunno, I can only speak for myself. I really wasn't confused, nor did I expect anything else. This is probably why I'm not as upset at some folks. Always expect to be disappointed and you rarely will be.
  • Options
    This makes zero sense. It is almost as though you are actively trying to annoy the people who love the game most.

The initial post about cancelling GA for the month was incredibly frustrating (and honestly still doesn't make sense to me, since GAC aren't even running this month. So how does that lead to GA creating "issues"? But I digress...), since for the most part I play GA not for the rewards but for the fun and challenge of setting a good defense and clearing the opponents' defense. However, at least the promise that the significant rewards we have come to expect from a good GA performance (2.4M credits, loads of slicing mats, a select piece of useful gear, and ability mats) would still be forthcoming in some form or other was better than nothing. Especially with the promise of great new content (GAC; Geonosis TB) right around the corner.

However, what we end up with is (1) a TERRIBLE implementation of the new TB that forces us to give up on the progress we've been making towards competing the Hoth map if we want to pursue fun new content with valuable rewards; (2) GAC nowhere in sight; (3) Double drops that kind of, sort of, give a chance to offer good return if you spend a bunch of crystals on refreshes daily throughout their duration.
  • OldBoy
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Couldn't arrange a certain activity in a brewery!
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    for the lack of TBs this month
    He's great, things are fine.

Errrr... Lol
  • Options
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    Hi folks,

We appreciate the communications you guys try to do, but man get a communication manager at CG department because you post out a lit if confused updates and threads about what you will do and when and how which is not always clear to the community. And you know SW fun base, we love to play the theory games.
    He's great, things are fine. If they are confusing, they follow-up later on

Or they can thing just enough before speaking that they don’t have to come back after all the complaints to do a follow-up? That really is the answer, like it or not. Communicate, and do it well. It’s kinda like going to a baseball game and having the umpire get mad at fans for complaining at his bad calls. Make better calls and they’ll stop. Do better at communicating and the complaints go away.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Hi folks,

Apologies for the confusion.

It's funny: when you (everybody at CG) care about something, you can communicate in a clear and understandable way. Like when you posted about how protection up works, illustrated with great examples.

But when it comes to the players' interests, your communication shows signs of confusion. I don't know if it's deliberate, or you just don't give a **** thing.

But come on... Would it have been that hard to say that "as we previously mentioned, we want to make up for you for the lack of GAs this month, so please enjoy double drops then and then and then, and we hope that these double drops will help you reaching your goals - be it preparing for GAC, or finishing your farming for DR"?
  • Options
    That’s pretty poor compensation and quite misleading that y’all said the double drops were for GAC prep and now they’re our “compensation” too.

Keep it simple. Just give folks an auto first place finish result for their missed GAs and they’ll be happy. How is that not the first solution to this?
  • Options
    My review in the play store has changed. Oof.
  • Options
    It's amazing how I never expect the kick in the teeth when it happens so regularly.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    It's amazing how I never expect the kick in the teeth when it happens so regularly.
    What? Kick in the teeth?

This is the most expansive double drops event we've ever had. The fact that it rotates types and days over the course of more than a week means even if you don't have a crystal stash, you can take full advantage, directing a lot of crystals at whatever's doubled.

We're getting a lot of stuff out of it.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Double drops doesn't make up for the 6 zeta, 6 Omega and all the mod splicing materials I'll be missing this month. Not even close.
    At least gift us some zeta, the rest I could make up elsewhere
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    ...we're also getting a bigger, badder Grand Arena at the end of all this that will give more, better rewards than GA alone ever did.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    144 pulse 2 modulators
    520 mk1 amplifiers
    520 mk1 capacitors
    8 T6 mods

I'm not even going to add the omegas and zetas to this list.

And you think double drops makes up for this? Just wow is all I'm going to say.

I amagine the answer is "No" since they actually said
    Hi folks,

This is not designed to be a one to one replacement for all the materials you would have earned from GA
  • MasterOneHit
    170 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi folks,

The June calendar is live and you may have noticed that there are no Grand Arenas this month. It’s no secret that Grand Arena Championships are coming to the holotables soon and due to the release process, this unfortunately means we cannot run Grand Arena during this month without causing issues to the game.

In light of this, we are looking to offset the rewards you normally receive with some other events. Stay tuned.

-Crumb

Saying the double drops are the compensation for no GA rewards is not even close to equal compensation. I can only assume that everyone at CG is currently being held hostage and they are making you say ridiculous things to intentionally upset the community. This has to be the case right? Hopefully everyone will be set free soon and all will be safe. Then you can back your statement and give us our actual rewards. Be safe all.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    CG uses the word "offset" differently than most people.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    Options
    TVF waiting for you to respond
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb since the double drops are offsetting my missing GA rewards when is the double drop for pulse modulators?
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb Double drops are great and all (thanks for the gear and shards) but YOU CANNOT FARM ZETAS!!!!!! Grand arena was a guaranteed zeta/omega at minimum. If there was a guaranteed drop for zetas on fleet challenges then I'd be happy about this but what about all is poor unfortunate souls that get 2x0=0 zetas each time? It happens a lot.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CG uses the word "offset" differently than most people.
    No, they use the word "offset" by the normal humans definition which does not necessarily imply parity. You can offset a little bit or fully.

You know the other factor that is going to help offset this? Every GA forever is gonna give more rewards once they're part of GAC, including crystals and new currency for a new shop.
    yohann269 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb since the double drops are offsetting my missing GA rewards when is the double drop for pulse modulators?
    How many bonus shards would those GAs have given you?
    Still not a he.