Oh look, no zetas in today’s fleet ability mat double drops...

Replies

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Then why are you still playing? Or still complaining? After 3-1/2 years, it seems like you should give up on one or the other.

Hello meddly person nr 2.
    I never complained. I don't have to quit. Geargate didn't stop me from playing so why should this.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • TVF
    36647 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Then why are you still playing? Or still complaining? After 3-1/2 years, it seems like you should give up on one or the other.

Hello meddly person nr 2.

That's how forums work. Send a PM if you don't want responses from anyone else.
    I never complained. I don't have to quit. Geargate didn't stop me from playing so why should this.

Ok.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Never saw that coming.

Zero x2 = zero. Thanks guys, that really makes up for no GAs this month.

/s

RnG say it with me,

RANDOM ... NUMBER ... GENERATED

For example if something has a 20% drop rate. There is a 80% no drop rate.

:/

i see you've been missing some interesting news lately. Hint: it's patent related. If you need 1 more zeta to get to 20, droprates are not 20%..

Got evidence for this claim?

Dude do your own research, lazy bum

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20170259177A1/en

I'm aware a patent exists. But your answer is nonresponsive.

1. Do you have evidence that it is being used?
    2. Are you just a lemming that reads/hears a headline and starts repeating it as fact?

1 I have as much evidence that it's being used as you have that it's not. This is EA we are talking about, I don't trust them, never did.
    2 I've been saying this since december 2015, in one of my first posts. I'm far from a lemming.

The evidence is that they've said they don't use it. You're welcome to believe CG or not when they say this. The question is, if you don't believe CG when they say something, what type of evidence would change your mind?
  • Options
    Never saw that coming.

/s

Double drops are compensation for lack of TBs lately... GA compensation is yet to be announced..
  • TVF
    36647 posts Member
    Options
    Never saw that coming.

/s

Double drops are compensation for lack of TBs lately... GA compensation is yet to be announced..

This is false. Crumb stated double drops are the GA compensation.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I didn’t get any zetas, but I did get 6 omegas.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    1 I have as much evidence that it's being used as you have that it's not. This is EA we are talking about, I don't trust them, never did.
    2 I've been saying this since december 2015, in one of my first posts. I'm far from a lemming.
    Burden of proof's on the accuser. All the data sets actually compiled point to no such thing.

That patent exists. But even in its absence, there are many, many other models they could choose from that also exist.

Galaxy of Heroes chooses to use a fair die. This is relatively uncommon because our squishy monkey brains are bad at statistics Most games self-correct or normalize odds behind the scenes to make them feel right to said squishy monkey brains. All of game design is experience shaping. That can include mucking around with the RNG in various ways, which is not necessarily nefarious; many of those adjustments in other games are to protect against runs of bad luck.

But we haven't seen any scrap of evidence that GoH uses anything but a fair die model. Which is fairly distinctive in its swinginess.
    Still not a he.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    i got 2 zetas and 2 omegas---which is about double the average for me per day usually. Thats 1 extra zeta, so at least i m getting better than if i got last
  • Options
    Reading all these drop rate conspiracy threads hurt my eyes.

There are genuinely people on this forum that would say they had a trick coin if they spun heads twice in a row.
  • Jarvind
    3927 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Galaxy of Heroes chooses to use a fair die. This is relatively uncommon because our squishy monkey brains are bad at statistics Most games self-correct or normalize odds behind the scenes to make them feel right to said squishy monkey brains.

Accurate. When presented with a "fair" 50/50 chance of winning, your stupid thinkmeat will basically tell you that you're losing 80% of the time.

All sorts of games quietly nudge you towards victory to make you feel like you're better than you actually are. The most well-known example is 2D platformers giving you "coyote time" - your character can actually jump off of thin air for a fraction of a second after leaving a platform, to make it easier to time your jumps and reduce frustrating deaths. The guys that made Bioshock also admitted that the first shot any enemy fires at you is guaranteed to miss, to make you feel like more of a badass.

The point is, games are way more likely to secretly help you than hurt you. You can scream "BUT IZ TEH EA, EA IZ TEH BAD" all you want, but without any supporting evidence it's just screaming.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    Options
    Do not u like rng ? Play sudoku
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    I posted elsewhere that yesterday I had an outlier - low end drop rate relative to my average over the last 5 months. But it’s one data point only so pretty much meaningless.

You would need basically every player to track their attempts taken and shards received without end - because even if you could get everyone on board for some time, there would be nothing to prove that policy/patent use/conspiracy theory/whatever didn’t change for the next event once tracking stopped.

So we’re pretty much stuck with these threads - where each person hopes that their anecdotal evidence will disprove someone else’s anecdotal evidence from the other side of the argument.

Just gotta be zen about it and carry on, I guess.
  • Options
    But we need to shout them down.

The worst thing about the internet is that it has given the same voice, the same platform to the enlightened and the foolish. And it’s up to the viewer to decide which one is which.

If we let these threads grow unchallenged then others will come to the forum and think that their half-baked spurious claims of conspiracy are correct.
  • Phern
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry to repeat from another thread (but they’re all too similar), you have about a 30% chance to get 0 zetas on challenge days, so if it feels like 1/3 of the people got 0 it’s just the odds playing out. If someone has data that it’s 50%, or that it’s only people approaching 20 zeta pieces that are getting 0 I’d love to see it
  • Options
    Phern wrote: »
    Sorry to repeat from another thread (but they’re all too similar), you have about a 30% chance to get 0 zetas on challenge days, so if it feels like 1/3 of the people got 0 it’s just the odds playing out. If someone has data that it’s 50%, or that it’s only people approaching 20 zeta pieces that are getting 0 I’d love to see it
    The problem with requesting that data is that there are dozens, if not 100s of forum users who are convinced that THEM getting 0 zetas today when they were on 18/20 IS proof.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    But we need to shout them down.

The worst thing about the internet is that it has given the same voice, the same platform to the enlightened and the foolish. And it’s up to the viewer to decide which one is which.

If we let these threads grow unchallenged then others will come to the forum and think that their half-baked spurious claims of conspiracy are correct.

Except shouting has never never never worked. If it’s *that* serious, then the threads need to be closed out.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    If I see another "2x0=0" post....
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    If I see another "2x0=0" post....
    We need a bot to make the 2x0=0 posts in every double drop thread so that we can get that obligatory post out of the way and actually discuss things!
  • Options
    I got 0 zetas.
    Can CG give me 8 free zetas ?
  • Options

They aren’t complaining about the typical bad drop rates. They are complaining that if they had a GA they had a better chance at getting better rewards from skill instead of that their normal “hard work” goes into a probability pool as opposed to getting what they could have gotten in GA.

Maybe....the people complaining could suck at GA for all we know.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    But CG_Carrie said during her interview on the Escape Podcast that we should be getting "at least" 1 zeta. So, that's quite peculiar....

No, she didn't. She said they talked about doing a system like that. She never said that was implemented. Go back and listen to it again.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Never saw that coming.

/s

What lack of TBs?
  • Phern
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Surprise they’re pulling the plug on the current TB! Patent pending
  • Options
    I got 0 Zetas and 2 Omegas which is a bummer. Hopefully I will get some on the next go.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I petted my lucky unicorn, believed and positive-ed and hoped and smiled and strived with all my soul.

And then I got 9 zetas today! 4 From challenges and 5 from Revan event.

I am clearly smiled upon by the Gods. I am the chosen one.

The problem with the rest of you is you just don't think positive enough and have negative souls and defeatist spirits! Believe!
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Burden of proof's on the accuser. All the data sets actually compiled point to no such thing.

That patent exists. But even in its absence, there are many, many other models they could choose from that also exist.

Galaxy of Heroes chooses to use a fair die. This is relatively uncommon because our squishy monkey brains are bad at statistics Most games self-correct or normalize odds behind the scenes to make them feel right to said squishy monkey brains. All of game design is experience shaping. That can include mucking around with the RNG in various ways, which is not necessarily nefarious; many of those adjustments in other games are to protect against runs of bad luck.

But we haven't seen any scrap of evidence that GoH uses anything but a fair die model. Which is fairly distinctive in its swinginess.

I know the concept of confirmation bias. We will never know for sure :)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • rdufield
    115 posts Member
    Options
    Please get rid of the double drops on Zetas so we can at least something!
  • Options
    Drops are based on spending money. They test to see if you are 1 stun gun away if you will buy or spend more crystals to get it. If you do your done for. CG is all about making money. Double drops in cantina are a joke. I got less shards for all refreshes then normal drops
  • Options
    I got 6. 1x4 and 2nd x2.