Looking into issue with Grand Arena Championship

Replies

• Options
    It still doesn’t work...
  • Options
    Supay wrote: »
    After more than two weeks of no Zetas during fleet challenges, not even during the double event, I expect nothing less than this stellar performance from the game.

Not to mention my remaining tries with han solo for gear XII + gear 😠
  • Options
    All I’m ever asking for is that you guys release just one thing that works. Really, that’s all.
    Ooba hutar.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    At least they called it a exhibition (test) and it's 1 week only.

When the real GAC fails next time it will be interesting what they come up with as a solution mid GAC.
    The sequence as it stands right now is 1 week exhibition, 5 week exhibition, then GAC 1.

They won't launch the 5 week exhibition if the 1 week can't finish. They won't launch GAC 1 if the 5 week exhibition can't finish. GAC 1 is unlikely to experience a critical error if the 5 week exhibition successfully finishes.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Still nothing on my end still in review phase
  • Options
    Absolutely disappointing. I’ve been looking forward to this for quite awhile, as have my guild mates. We’ve spent hours and hours discussing strategy, how to mod teams, offense vs defense, not to mention upgrading squads and then this happens. The sad part is no one is even surprised. Nearly everything you’ve released in the last year has been bugged, broken, changed, or nerfed. If this were an isolated incident I think everyone would give you a pass, but it’s far from an isolated incident.

To the people that say this was just an exhibition designed to work out the kinks, I say to you: hogwash. This “exhibition” had real rewards, which caused people to spend the above-referenced time, money, and energy to prepare for it. Also, I think being completely broken to the point of being 100% unplayable counts as more than a kink. It’s an utter failure. It wouldn’t have been an issue had CG been able to put in a hot fix to let it continue, but instead they are just canceling it completely and trying again at some future date.

Shame on you.
  • Options
    Fascinating!
  • Options
    So are they cancelling or fixing? Some of my guild members can play, others of us can not! I've been stoked about this game for the first time in a LONG time, and now this! Step it up CG, you're better than this!
  • Options
    It seems very clear that the hot fix will come on 16.30 Cambodian time B)
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    We also have a 5 week exhibition fyi

Will be interesting see the same empty screen for 5 weeks.
    And in this meantime we follow losing important rewards.
  • Options
    Soooo some people get to play and progress within the GA while some of us get punished for no apparent reason, What kinda fix can make this fair again ? Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic Toc as time passes and we are supposed to do our attacking phase when its convenient for CG. Cool Story Bros
  • Options
    The Exhibition championship is in place to ensure player experience is as smooth as possible and to ensure we've got all of our operational ducks in a row.

They were clear in managing expectations that this exhibition was to ensure everything was working. Why the vitriol again?

Anybody upset clearly chooses not to listen to official communications.

what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    I am still having issues with mine
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Thousands hours of testing.
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Because we aren't **** guinea pigs! We pay for a game. Not a beta, not an alpha, and certainly not the abortion that this game has become.

They can test it themselves. People who play this game deserve better than been expected to test this garbage.

If there is a possibility it will break then test it better. Or OR, just a thought, now humour me for a moment, launching when you had people in the office. Not just launch the update then **** off home for the weekend.

It is a joke. We are not testers! We do not play this game to test code! We do not play this game to help find bugs! We play this game for entertainment! They get paid to test it! Where is my **** money?

Everything you paid for will still be viable for every other aspect of the game. Game costs nothing to play, if you spent money on the packs or crystals to bolster your roster I totally get your frustration. Online worlds have bugs, we all know this. Breathe, no reason to used starry language.

I use starry language when I say hello to my dad so it has nothing to do with the incompetence of CG.

They don't want to pay for proper testers. It is not ok to use us. We pay for the game. The gaming industry has become a shambles, alpha and beta releases, preorder and get access to a beta. All this stuff is so game developers can cut costs of QC teams and testers.

It is not ok! It is not acceptable! I am not a tester! If they want to treat me like one then fine, but I want paying!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Because we aren't **** guinea pigs! We pay for a game. Not a beta, not an alpha, and certainly not the abortion that this game has become.

They can test it themselves. People who play this game deserve better than been expected to test this garbage.

If there is a possibility it will break then test it better. Or OR, just a thought, now humour me for a moment, launching when you had people in the office. Not just launch the update then **** off home for the weekend.

It is a joke. We are not testers! We do not play this game to test code! We do not play this game to help find bugs! We play this game for entertainment! They get paid to test it! Where is my **** money?
    You've never played an MMO, have you?
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    One day something will work right on day one
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Well its cancelled.
  • Options
    I need two wins to finish the hello there and scruffy looking quests and we haven’t had Grand Arena in a month. Now we get to wait longer. Then wait again for match making. Then wait again after setting defense. Galaxy of waiting for something to do.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    We also have a 5 week exhibition fyi

And if they had a real makegood for the cancelled month of ga rewards this would be seriously considered by all. But as of now they stole rewards and promised somethi g they cannot deliver, not a non functional global beta
  • Options
    eh3r5ukl50c8.jpg

My review.. counts as a loss?
  • Options
    wj1k6a3cvwls.jpg
    Woo hoo 1 credit
  • OG_San_Holo
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hopefully everyones GAC currency/ purchases made with it will be reset to 0 also? If not pretty disappointing that I'll be behind in the race to g13 before it even started
  • Options
    "We’ve also reduced the rewards for this event to a minimal number of credits. Thanks for your efforts and feedback so far." And what about the GAC tokens that people have already earned from feats that others couldn't do because they didn't have access to their battles? Seems like you guys need to give everyone the max rewards from full feats.
  • Options
    One problem is 3.8m gp has to drop 6 def teams not 8... however they are in same division and ranked w people dropping 8 teams. This is an error. Either redraw lines or make 3.8 to 4m set 8
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    if they had a real makegood for the cancelled month of ga rewards this would be seriously considered by all. But as of now they stole rewards and promised somethi g they cannot deliver, not a non functional global beta
    And how did they "steal" rewards? What did they promise and not deliver?

They put a mode on hold for upgrades while under no obligation to run any specific number every month. They postponed a trial run that is explicitly for testing and identifying technical problems due to technical problems.

There is no theft. There are no broken promises.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    if they had a real makegood for the cancelled month of ga rewards this would be seriously considered by all. But as of now they stole rewards and promised somethi g they cannot deliver, not a non functional global beta
    And how did they "steal" rewards? What did they promise and not deliver?

They put a mode on hold for upgrades while under no obligation to run any specific number every month. They postponed a trial run that is explicitly for testing and identifying technical problems due to technical problems.

There is no theft. There are no broken promises.

Spit them out already!