Fix GA Championship Match up

Replies

• NIGHTMAN
    110 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    NIGHTMAN wrote: »
    You can set X defence teams, each containing 5 toons.

For me, it’s 8 teams, so 40 toons on defence.

The matchmaking is counting GP of my top 80. And matching me with people who have a similar GP for their top 80.

Regardless of what they say the algorithm is some of these matchups just dont add up.

Can you showcase us how it doesn't add up? You can use DSR bot which auto calculates necessary efficient GPs in comparison. Are there mismatches there? See mine:

Sure - here is an example. Higher GP and better toons.

jfww4i9n2ata.png
    f4842hxzho8q.png

[/quote]

Nah, no can do. It shows nothing about the algo not working as intended. You need to show two -effective gp- figures not matching with eachother. You may not like how the current algo works, but I've yet to see an indication it doesn't work.
    [/quote]

In what universe is the above example a fair matchup - the algorithm may be "working" but if it is working then its a garbage algorithm.
  • Options
    People asked for a change and now they got it. What did people really expect? It's a lot easier to complain and demand a change then to think of how screwed the changed can be
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    People asked for a change and now they got it. What did people really expect? It's a lot easier to complain and demand a change then to think of how screwed the changed can be

C'mon, that's a cop out. A Discord app can pull up and compare mods (speed and offense), g12+, g13, relevant meta toons, etc.

An algorithm that seems to only look at GP for the top 80 of each roster is not only easy (read "lazy") but doesn't account for many other factors that actually have an effect on the outcome of battles. Factors that the afore mentioned Discord app can already check.

It's not rocket surgery.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I would like to know how the old Method didn't work and how this new one is so much better? My guild saw a number of battles that came down to full clears and who did it cleaner. I mean the strategy to wait for your opponent to attack first so you know how clean you need to be came from the old method. So it had to be doing something right. Now a lot of my guildmates are facing defense teams that they have no hope of clearing and roster depths of their opponents that they cant compete with. That's not talking about just one person in their shard but the entire shard. Roster depth creates options. You have more B teams to place on defense that might not hold on defense but cost your opponent enough points that when the A teams are used to clear there isn't a chance. Restricting MM to only the teams you should field isn't fair because it doesn't count the teams you can field.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Well. I don't think meeting a group like this is fair in the first week. 3rd or 4th yeah...

47r6awwtv65h.png
    ddkj3y1y36wr.png

Based on top 50 characters we are close but we need 60 since I am in div 4. He ishas in div 3, has 700k more character gp as well as 3po, padme, traya etc

Now I wouldn't mind if I was facing this guy in week 3 or 4 but my first week is exactly like this with all 7 opponents. If I manage to beat 3.5mil to 4mil accounts with my 2.5mil account I deserve more then just getting a 5 mil account in the second week.

They just need to make sure the match making is based on the amount of characters needed for the higher division. So div 3 need 80, so make sure if your matching them with div 4, make sure the top 80 are close in go not the other way round.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    Have you fought them yet?
  • Options
    Someone who disagrees with someone else is not a troll.

The forum is full of people writing off their chances before they’ve even tried. That’s his point- why don’t people just give it a go?
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    Vicarious wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »

Look, a new troll on the forums.

Cut and paste responses.... awesome man. You da man.

My plan is working on 2 levels:

1. People who are making the same post as lots of other people are getting annoyed at me doing the same thing. I find this irony pleasing.

2. The person below has understood. I'm not saying it's unfair. Or fair. I'm saying it's unverifiable until you've fought.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    [Removed quoted post] ~Rtas

Have you not read the other posts. This tool has the same response on every single one. [/quote]

No need to insult him. His point is as valid in one matchmaking complaint thread as it is in another.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options

The forum is full of people writing off their chances before they’ve even tried. That’s his point- why don’t people just give it a go?

Have you not read the other posts. This tool has the same response on every single one.

No need to insult him. His point is as valid in one matchmaking complaint thread as it is in another.

Note that no-one has answered the question yet - just insulted me and/or called me a troll.
  • Wrathor
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Not mine but it is from my group, I wonder which way this will go 63kphambq576.jpg
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options

Look, a new troll on the forums.

Cut and paste responses.... awesome man. You da man.

My plan is working on 2 levels:

1. People who are making the same post as lots of other people are getting annoyed at me doing the same thing. I find this irony pleasing.

2. The person below has understood. I'm not saying it's unfair. Or fair. I'm saying it's unverifiable until you've fought.

Players have already been through this situation last GAC. Maybe you weren’t on the forums then.

The only way to get CG’s attention is to spam the forums. Repetition works.....

Yep, was on the Forums then and I also saw the posts after the GAC to say people were beating folk they didn't expect to upon first seeing a disparity in GP. Same in my guild.
  • Options
    Repetition works, yet you’re mocking him for being repetitive?

The matchmaking has been changed. Creating multiple whine threads about it is tedious.

People whined with the original matchmaking system, now new people are whining about the new one. Guess what - when they change it next time, new people will whine again.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Garios129 wrote: »
    I am matched up vs a player that has 400k more character GP than me. How the hell is this a fair matchup? At least before when we matched straight GP you can see why your matched up.

You still can. Compare your 'relevant GP' to your opponent's 'relevant GP'.

Total (character) GP is irrelevant.

So is "relevant GP" :

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/208118/why-relevant-gp-doesnt-work-for-gac-mm/p1

'Relevant' GP is far more relevant than total GP. The match-ups that people are complaining about under this new system are far more even than the match-ups that players complained about under the previous system (and far more even than some of the match-ups I have seen under the previous system without complaining). CG's goal was to have more even match-ups, which we have, and I believe, that during the next 4 weeks, when players advance through leagues at different pace, that match-ups will become more and more even. All the current complains are just a matter of new people getting hit by the imbalance. The imbalance itself is far smaller than earlier. Players just need some time to adapt.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    Repetition works, yet you’re mocking him for being repetitive?

The matchmaking has been changed. Creating multiple whine threads about it is tedious.

People whined with the original matchmaking system, now new people are whining about the new one. Guess what - when they change it next time, new people will whine again.

Shhhhh! Don't point out the hypocrisy!
  • DrMuh
    1 posts Member
    Options
    u857piicl1yq.jpeg

Seems fair eh?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    I am matched up vs a player that has 400k more character GP than me. How the hell is this a fair matchup? At least before when we matched straight GP you can see why your matched up.

You still can. Compare your 'relevant GP' to your opponent's 'relevant GP'.

Total (character) GP is irrelevant.

So is "relevant GP" :

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/208118/why-relevant-gp-doesnt-work-for-gac-mm/p1

The problem is no matchmaking will ever be completely fair. Even if you were matched against your identical twin mods and gesr would be different. It's just not practical or possible. Just look at every major sport and how lopsided some of the round 1 matchup are. This is the way of things.

That's a horrible analogy - in sporting events the first round match-ups of tournaments are supposed to be lopsided. Lol. That's what the regular season is for. The top seeds play the bottom seeds.

Consider this the first round of a tournament, then - which it actually is. Later in the GAC each player's previous performance will influence the match-making. Matches will become closer as we progress through the tournament.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Roster depth creates options. You have more B teams to place on defense that might not hold on defense but cost your opponent enough points that when the A teams are used to clear there isn't a chance. Restricting MM to only the teams you should field isn't fair because it doesn't count the teams you can field.

Develop more A teams, then. Teams that can clear the defense in first attempt. Save more A teams for offense. Adjust your strategy.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Saada wrote: »
    Well. I don't think meeting a group like this is fair in the first week. 3rd or 4th yeah...

47r6awwtv65h.png
    ddkj3y1y36wr.png

Based on top 50 characters we are close but we need 60 since I am in div 4. He ishas in div 3, has 700k more character gp as well as 3po, padme, traya etc

Work on unlocking those legendary characters, then. The numbers show, that you have the advantage (far more zetas, far more g11 characters, almost even amount of g12 characters and secondary speed mods). If you base your complaint on these numbers, your complaint is invalid. Your opponent simply did a better job unlocking legendary characters. Well done by him.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't count yourself out before it starts.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Have you not read the other posts.

“Have you fought them yet?”

That is no opinion at all but a question. A ridiculously vague question.

A relevant question. Some feedback after the actual match will be relevant (who won, and why).

Edited quote to reflect change~Rtas
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

47r6awwtv65h.png
    ddkj3y1y36wr.png

Work on unlocking those legendary characters, then. The numbers show, that you have the advantage (far more zetas, far more g11 characters, almost even amount of g12 characters and secondary speed mods). If you base your complaint on these numbers, your complaint is invalid. Your opponent simply did a better job unlocking legendary characters. Well done by him.

[Removed, let's leave out the insults ~Rtas]

And of course he has done better since he is a 3.6mil account and been around for a lot longer then my 2.5mil account. And not well done to him, I have g12 40characters in my roster from a 2.5mil account, please find me a similar result? I have cls, jkr, Dr, emperor, thrawn, gmy, chewbacca.. but Even if I went after all the legendary characters and g12 them, so let's say 55g12 with padme, 3po etc then again since now my top 60 characters are just about the best in the game I would get matched up with a 5+mil account even though I'd still be in the 2.8 mil range and again they'll just have an extra 1.5 mil characters go then me. I can never catch up, if you have a brain? I might as well just work on the bottom of my roster and not let the characters gp get into the top 60 which means there is no incentive to get the best characters or gear them from this match making.

On another note it looks like the match making took into account only the top 50 when it should have been top 60 since we have to set 6 (6*5=30*2=60)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    You can set X defence teams, each containing 5 toons.

For me, it’s 8 teams, so 40 toons on defence.

The matchmaking is counting GP of my top 80. And matching me with people who have a similar GP for their top 80.

Regardless of what they say the algorithm is some of these matchups just dont add up.

Can you showcase us how it doesn't add up? You can use DSR bot which auto calculates necessary efficient GPs in comparison. Are there mismatches there? See mine:

Sure - here is an example. Higher GP and better toons.

jfww4i9n2ata.png
    f4842hxzho8q.png

Nah, no can do. It shows nothing about the algo not working as intended. You need to show two -effective gp- figures not matching with eachother. You may not like how the current algo works, but I've yet to see an indication it doesn't work.
    [/quote]

In what universe is the above example a fair matchup - the algorithm may be "working" but if it is working then its a garbage algorithm.[/quote]

I didn't claim it's either fair or good. You said it doesn't add up, it does add up and unless proven otherwise working exactly as it's intended.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

47r6awwtv65h.png
    ddkj3y1y36wr.png

Lol he has more zetas you fool and g11 as well as 700k more character gp, before commenting look at the right side you ****.

I made a mistake. I'm just so used to myself being in the left coloumn, that I didn't notice that it's the reverse here. Still, no need for the insults.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I would like to know how the old Method didn't work and how this new one is so much better? My guild saw a number of battles that came down to full clears and who did it cleaner. I mean the strategy to wait for your opponent to attack first so you know how clean you need to be came from the old method. So it had to be doing something right. Now a lot of my guildmates are facing defense teams that they have no hope of clearing and roster depths of their opponents that they cant compete with. That's not talking about just one person in their shard but the entire shard. Roster depth creates options. You have more B teams to place on defense that might not hold on defense but cost your opponent enough points that when the A teams are used to clear there isn't a chance. Restricting MM to only the teams you should field isn't fair because it doesn't count the teams you can field.

The old algo didn't work because it granted huge advantage to lean rosters and encouraged sandbagging, you can try to circumvent these 2 points all you want, that was the case. Not saying this one works any good either.