After completing my 100th GW, I feel well-positioned to assess why it garners so many complaints.

Replies

• Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Fantazy wrote: »
    ChazSunray wrote: »
    I always look forward to my daily GW, as it is the only part of this game that you have to analyze your opponents' teams, [...] In arena, you pretty much face the same teams every day, so it is not as strategic to me.

BUT it's arena teams you see in GW........ So no strategies to develop, there's absolutely no analysis to be performed, you WILL face Phasma/Sid/Dooku half the nodes in GW. Usually more.

No, you see GW teams.

I see arena teams.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    I always look forward to my daily GW, as it is the only part of this game that you have to analyze your opponents' teams, [...] In arena, you pretty much face the same teams every day, so it is not as strategic to me.

BUT it's arena teams you see in GW........ So no strategies to develop, there's absolutely no analysis to be performed, you WILL face Phasma/Sid/Dooku half the nodes in GW. Usually more.

No, you see GW teams.

I see arena teams.

I think what you are seeing are whatever team a player used on their last GW fight. So, if they switched out their regular GW team for their arena team for their last fight, then you are going to get an arena team. That is what happens when you see these teams with no healers that make absolutely no sense for GW.

Sometimes, maybe people just need to do that to get through their last fight. That's ok. Do what you've got to do to finish.

But I have seen people bragging about it too. They are trying to grief people. All they want to do is wreck someone's GW. It's pathetic and childish.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Krey wrote: »

No, you see GW teams.

I see arena teams.

I think what you are seeing are whatever team a player used on their last GW fight. So, if they switched out their regular GW team for their arena team for their last fight, then you are going to get an arena team. That is what happens when you see these teams with no healers that make absolutely no sense for GW.

Sometimes, maybe people just need to do that to get through their last fight. That's ok. Do what you've got to do to finish.

But I have seen people bragging about it too. They are trying to grief people. All they want to do is wreck someone's GW. It's pathetic and childish.

Did someone confirm where opponents come from?
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Krey wrote: »

No, you see GW teams.

I see arena teams.

Did someone confirm where opponents come from?

No. I have never seen a dev officially confirm this. But I think it is generally accepted that match ups and ally offers in other parts of the game are based off of what you/they were last using.

I have a couple of real life friends who play and are allies, and whenever I change a leader in one part of the game, the ally choice they see for that part of the game reflects the change I have made.

So it only makes sense that GW would follow this same pattern. Also, the majority of the teams I see in match-up make more sense for GW than arena. And it is definitely not the 5 most powerful toons on the roster. The teams would make no sense (dumb leader choices for example).

But hey, if anyone running GW sees Krey in their match-up box, write down the roster and let me know what the team was. My GW team is different from my arena.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm too late to say anything that hasn't been already, so I'll just say +1 to the OP.
    We gave it a try, still don't like it. Now undo it.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    I am with Qeltar. @CG_JohnSalera, in the "open conversation" thread, you'd said how it appeared to be a mixed reception. Well in that thread and this, you have a huge majority of players that don't like the way GW is now, and even some explicitly requesting the return of the old retreat function. I'd like to see if you have any words on the matter, now?
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    If you guys are seriously wanting to help, post this thread where it belongs: feedback home >> galactic war

If u just want to be sensational, keep doing that here.
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Same as the rest of the game, grind, and hope for good RNG. I'd say GW encapsulated the entire premise of the game in one place. Nothing will change same with 7* Yoda if you don't get the RNG retreat start over...
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    It's not fun.
    It's just as simple as that. Whether you complete it or not (and I always do) it is just tedious and aggravating. You go in for a fighto retreat. Swap a character, oh this time Sid didn't AoE but put a heal block on a key character, retreat. Over and over and over.
    Some rounds take over half an hour. And then you open a chest and face another set of 5 level 70 7* characters, often with no healers, just pure damage, and get to do it over again.
    Is there strategy? Sure. But it's IRRITATING strategy. Before they ruined GW, you could actually plan out how you used your characters, and manage their cooldowns. Now it's just banging your head against a wall 10,000 times until the wall falls down. And then doing it again and again.
    Back when they changed this, the guy who runs this horror show urged me and others to "give it a chance". Well, I now have, something like 50 times.
    IT SUCKS.
    And not just if you don't have a deep bench or can't complete it. Even when you can.
    ETA: If you respond with "oh it's easy, I clear it every day without losing a character", this just means you are getting easy matches. Period.

+1 i even stop and just quit gw on my alt when it takes more than 3 retreats, to find the AI-hole where Daka/Dooku dont double stun your healers on their first attack, while my Dooku dont even stuns any single Jedi anymore.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't think they designed GW to be gamed like people are using with multiple retreats to get good RNG. It was designed as end game content to where you use your full collection of characters. No suicide squads or position swapping.

@CG_JohnSalera is specifically on record as saying GW is not intended to be "end game" content. He also responded to me saying I disliked the GW retreat change by suggesting I use suicide squads (and has done so to others as well). I can find the posts if you really want.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    There's a reason I'm not leveling up my chars right now past a certain point, so I can get through GW. When I have enough tokens/shards banked to bring up Lumi/Phasma/Poggle to 7 stars, and can promote a bunch of people at the same time, I will. Till then, I'm slowly grinding up secondary characters.
  • Options
    Tewbacco wrote: »
    New to these forums, but this post sums up what I'm here for. Honestly what the hell has happened? I used to complete this every night, or at least come close before time ran out (I only get the last 30-45 min of the day to play).
    Since sometime last week I can't complete the first 3, and my team is nothing to be ashamed of.
    Today, I can't complete the very first one. This has taught me a lesson about spending money on the game. Don't bother, since they'll just ramp it up to make it **** near impossible again.

This is the very same lesson I have learned. I regret every dollar I've spent on this game now.

I also agree with the op. This game mode is absolutely no fun, whether you complete it or not. Because nobody is skipping through all the way to the end without having to retreat 50 times. And by the way, how is that a solution to it being too easy??? Forcing players to play the same match 10 times until they get lucky?

I don't have a solution to offer, but this added to some other gripes I have about the game have left me with a very disappointing experience. I had fun with the game at first. For a while even. But now it's just so tedious that I can't enjoy it.

I'm still holding out hope. I'm invested. I'm gonna keep playing for now but until something changes I am not spending another dollar. Sorry... it's just not worth it.
  • Options
    To all of you folks who keep posting "I win every day."

Do you have all 7* 70's or something? Or are you retreating 100 times until you get lucky?

If it's maxed toons then what are we supposed to do until we get there? Just not ever win? Spend two months trying to unlock one toon? And if it's 100 retreats, how the poop is this even a game mode? Is this seriously working as intended? Do we have to play the slot machine of death for 2 hours every evening just to grind for shards?
  • Options
    I miss the days where I could use my lower lvl toons in some matches to see how they work out in a battle but now I have to stick with all my higher lvl toons and use most as sacrificial lambs in order to make it past some matches. I'm glad some one can finish GW I've been stuck at 18 wins since the update. And I do allot of retreating to try and beat those teams that are higher lvl and gear and power than mine.
  • Options
    I came to the forums looking for a solution. Now I see that nobody likes the new GW, and a majority of players are having extreme difficulty with it.

In other words, there is no solution. Unless the solution is just to play the game for another 6 months and hope you can build whatever you need. Because that's fun.
  • Options
    This is why I'm going in reverse. My A GW team, I use in Arena, is leveled up/geared up to a certain point, and will be staying there for a while until the rest of my guys are at that same point or greater. As long as I'm in the sub 2500 ranking, I get enough marks for 1 5 shard pack a day, 2 every 4 days. I'll worry more about Arena when I've taken all the shards I can get for certain chars from GW more easily. If they put more chars in GW, then thats a issue, but if not, THEN I'll go for broke towards getting more Arena marks a day. Better to be able to get some without question, than to suffer and get none.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    I came to the forums looking for a solution. Now I see that nobody likes the new GW, and a majority of players are having extreme difficulty with it.

In other words, there is no solution. Unless the solution is just to play the game for another 6 months and hope you can build whatever you need. Because that's fun.

actually more people like GW than not
  • Options
    GW can make u a better player, as u can retreat umpteen times and see how the AI react, it is frustrating, but at the same time try out toons and more experience gain which can enable u to be better in arena.
  • SteelersCA
    216 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    If you guys are seriously wanting to help, post this thread where it belongs: feedback home >> galactic war

Not even close to being helpful. Bet you are a guy that double bags and fold, staples his garbage too.
  • Options

Ummmmm...WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Based on everthing that I have seen in this forum, which includes polls, threads, and complaints your assertion is not even remotely close. As a matter of fact, the ayes are in the minority of about a 6 to 1 margin. But go on and keep spouting your dribble.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    SteelersCA wrote: »

Not even close to being helpful. Bet you are a guy that double bags and fold, staples his garbage too.

You dont know the first thing about me

You dont even know yourself very well. Dont pretend to know others.

Oh, and this personal attack is starting to break TOS
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

Ummmmm...WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Based on everthing that I have seen in this forum, which includes polls, threads, and complaints your assertion is not even remotely close. As a matter of fact, the ayes are in the minority of about a 6 to 1 margin. But go on and keep spouting your dribble.

Woah, calm down... Easy on the caffeine.

You be the judge...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/20142/is-gw-easy-or-hard-how-much-have-you-spent-anonymous

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/19174/how-is-your-gw

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    We should be able to have a conversation and/or debate without personal attacks. Just saying. :/
    Thanks.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options

Ouch. Easy now. Let the love flow.

All you boys remember this is just a game or momma will have to take your phones and tablets away and change the Wi-Fi passwords.

Plus, it's a logical fallacy to assume because there are multiple posts of people complaining about GW, that most people hate it. Most people don't post. And even the people who do are likely not going to make multiple postings that they like GW. Usually people feel compelled to post when they are unhappy about something, thus the sample is biased.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    Ouch. Easy now. Let the love flow.

All you boys remember this is just a game or momma will have to take your phones and tablets away and change the Wi-Fi passwords.

Plus, it's a logical fallacy to assume because there are multiple posts of people complaining about GW, that most people hate it. Most people don't post. And even the people who do are likely not going to make multiple postings that they like GW. Usually people feel compelled to post when they are unhappy about something, thus the sample is biased.

+1
    Thank you. I was too tired to type all this out
  • zardOz
    66 posts Member
    Options
    Finally, some sensible comments on GW from a term player. And banging head against wall spot on. Not exactly rewarding. Sadly this feedback area is a black hole for thought action....
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    zardOz wrote: »
    Finally, some sensible comments on GW from a term player. And banging head against wall spot on. Not exactly rewarding. Sadly this feedback area is a black hole for thought action....

Feedback area is the best area for developers to do something
  • Options

You dont know the first thing about me

You dont even know yourself very well. Dont pretend to know others.

Oh, and this personal attack is starting to break TOS

Know myself quite well, thank you very much. You can tell a lot from a photo and a few posts. You were talking down to them, I took exception to it. Perhaps it wasn't your intent, but my bully meter went off.

Anyway saw the post GW patch poll and perhaps the changes have swung the masses in the other direction. Still don't totally buy it from the way the poll was formed, but hey you think GW is fine, I disagree and think it was better before.

As for the personal attack in inferring an OCD issue, that is really tame by anyone's standards. So peace out JOKER.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Options
    Most polls ask if GW is easy or hard, but do not ask if it is fun.

I complete GW for the loot, but it's not fun. It's work.

I enjoy playīng with new toons. I'm pleased that the update has a few interesting toons, as I was getting tired of working.
  • Options
    The GW I find just about the right challenge now, but you really have to build up a couple strong squads and a couple of scrub squads to get to the end. I am overall fine with it, but would like the rewards at the end to be boosted a touch. Just one shard is a bit weak.